*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

749,152 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
none of that is spoilers...

My personal favorite is you pointing out Gwendoline Christie not being part of the cast. This is Star Wars, not some daytime soap opera.
The Collective
AG
**** - Domhnall Gleeson is also listed for Episode IX. I was hoping for an offscreen demise.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
redline248 said:

My personal favorite is you pointing out Gwendoline Christie not being part of the cast. This is Star Wars, not some daytime soap opera.
I don't get it... lots of people here were speculating that Phasma didn't die. If there's not Christy, this confirms Phasma is gone for at least Ep 9. Phasma will probably turn up as some washed up, jaded, bounty hunter in the future canon (non-movies) I am sure.
AgMarauder04
AG
Isn't IMDB notoriously unreliable?
mazag08
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Isn't IMDB notoriously unreliable?

They are the ESPN of entertainment. Best platform for information, but like ESPN with recruiting, terrible at forecasting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

News and stuff like that only slows the bleeding. It won't stop until and unless 9 is really good.

This. Even then, people still will grumble.
TCTTS
AG
So... there's a pic making the rounds that's basically a grid with individual shots of most of the main cast/characters, in costume, along with a few aliens, each against a white background. It appears to be final costume tests. It's grainy, and not the best quality, but you can definitely make out Lando, and a couple of the new actors in costume, at least confirming what side they're on. Other than that, Rey, Poe, etc all look as expected, and there's really nothing new many of us haven't seen in paparazzi pics, or the pic Abrams shared last week. Honestly, I wouldn't call any of it "spoilers" at all, as I'm sure the two new characters shown will likely be in the first trailer, along with Lando, but I didn't want to post it and have a bunch of people yell at me. That said, again, it's super grainy, and I do think it'd be nice conversation starter to get us back on track. The link is below, but let me know what you guys think about posting the pic itself/discussing these imagines here in the thread...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/aooezp/leaked_episode_ix_concept_art_and_reference_photos/
jabberwalkie09
AG
Have been trying to purposely avoid stuff like that personally. Trying to stay well away from anything that's not an official release...
redline248
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

redline248 said:

I don't get it... lots of people here were speculating that Phasma didn't die. If there's not Christy, this confirms Phasma is gone for at least Ep 9. Phasma will probably turn up as some washed up, jaded, bounty hunter in the future canon (non-movies) I am sure.
I don't get why anyone would speculate she didn't die. Those rumors are about as solid as the ones that she would have a major role in TLJ.

I guess it depends on how much Dave Filoni likes the character. If he does, she could be in the next animated series with cybernetic lungs since hers should have exploded in space
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

So... there's pic making the rounds that's basically a grid with individual shots of most of the main cast/characters, in costume, along with a few aliens, each against a white background. It appears to be final costume tests. It's grainy, and not the best quality, but you can definitely make out Lando, and a couple of the new actors in costume, at least confirming what side they're on. Other than that, Rey, Poe, etc all look as expected, and there's really nothing new many of us haven't seen in paparazzi pics, or the pic Abrams shared last week. Honestly, I wouldn't call any of it "spoilers" at all, as I'm sure the two new characters shown will likely be in the first trailer, along with Lando, but I didn't want to post it and have a bunch of people yell at me. That said, again, it's super grainy, and I do think it'd be nice conversation starter to get us back on track. The link is below, but let me know what you guys think about posting the pic itself/discussing these imagines here in the thread...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/aooezp/leaked_episode_ix_concept_art_and_reference_photos/
Not necessarily spoilers but you can definitely infer a few things from the pics:

Rey is dressed in all white, traditionally a Jedi color, similar to Luke when they first meet
Lando is dressed in essentially the same outfit that Glover was wearing in Solo
Kylo's mask makes a return, wasn't it destroyed? Second Kylo pic looks like it's been "glued" together
Other leaks suggest a jungle planet is one of the locales. Poe's outfit looks like something one would wear in a jungle.

redline248
AG
If he glued his helmet back together instead of just making a new one....holy shht
twilly
AG
I went spoiler free for TLJ and I think that ramped up my expectations for the film. As most of you I was disappointed in the final product.

That being said I'm no holds barred on spoilers this time. I don't think having clues to what's happening in Ep IX will ruin my experience anymore than the bad taste in my mouth that TLJ left.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks for not posting it.
Beat40
Would make TLJ worth it.
A. Solzhenitsyn
twilly said:

I went spoiler free for TLJ and I think that ramped up my expectations for the film. As most of you I was disappointed in the final product.

That being said I'm no holds barred on spoilers this time. I don't think having clues to what's happening in Ep IX will ruin my experience anymore than the bad taste in my mouth that TLJ left.

I'm right there with you.
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

**** - Domhnall Gleeson is also listed for Episode IX. I was hoping for an offscreen demise.
But what if...

The opening crawl says something about Supreme Leader Ren seeking out the last few remnants of the Resistance who continue to evade capture......and then...

Gleeson's body goes limp, slumps to the floor with an unceremonious thud, Supreme Leader Ren, emotionless, turns to walk away but not before saying: Apology accepted, General Hux

yeah?
agracer
AG
twilly said:

TCTTS said:

So... there's pic making the rounds that's basically a grid with individual shots of most of the main cast/characters, in costume, along with a few aliens, each against a white background. It appears to be final costume tests. It's grainy, and not the best quality, but you can definitely make out Lando, and a couple of the new actors in costume, at least confirming what side they're on. Other than that, Rey, Poe, etc all look as expected, and there's really nothing new many of us haven't seen in paparazzi pics, or the pic Abrams shared last week. Honestly, I wouldn't call any of it "spoilers" at all, as I'm sure the two new characters shown will likely be in the first trailer, along with Lando, but I didn't want to post it and have a bunch of people yell at me. That said, again, it's super grainy, and I do think it'd be nice conversation starter to get us back on track. The link is below, but let me know what you guys think about posting the pic itself/discussing these imagines here in the thread...

Not necessarily spoilers but you can definitely infer a few things from the pics:

[sp]Rey is dressed in all white, traditionally a Jedi color, similar to Luke when they first meet
[/sp]

Luke dressed in black in ROJ...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do you mind editing that? Quoting spoiler text seems to break if you bold it. Would rather not have seen that and probably others as well.
Urban Ag
AG
Calling my shot now. Ep 9 ends with Rey marrying Rose. The ceremony is conducted by Force ghost Obi Wan. Finn and Poe are the respective maids of honor. Internet breaks. JJ goes in to witness protection. Lucas chokes on a bite of cheesecake, laughing his ass off on the crapper at Skywalker Ranch. Liberals petition the govt for a national Star Wars holiday. Conservative militia lay siege to Disneyworld. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

AgMarauder04
AG
Urban Ag said:

Calling my shot now. Ep 9 ends with Rey marrying Rose. The ceremony is conducted by Force ghost Obi Wan. Finn and Poe are the respective maids of honor. Internet breaks. JJ goes in to witness protection. Lucas chokes on a bite of cheesecake, laughing his ass off on the crapper at Skywalker Ranch. Liberals petition the govt for a national Star Wars holiday. Conservative militia lay siege to Disneyworld. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

I will murder you.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Urban Ag said:

Rian, is that you?
Urban Ag
AG
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
AgMarauder04
AG
Fine.

I'll murder you NONCHALANTLY.
Broba Fett
Urban Ag said:

Only if force ghost Hayden Christensen as Anakin walks Rey down the aisle after we find out that Rey is the child of Vader and Maz
nosoupforyou
AG
Urban Ag said:

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
"There cannot be peace without first a great suffering. There greater the suffering, the greater the peace"

- wait, wrong movie, sorry..!
Mac94
AG
Maybe Jar Jar can pop in when Obi Wan asks if anyone objects to the union .... mass comedic hysteria ensures. Throw in a few Ewoks and I think we have a winner!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
If that ever came close to happening, I'd root for Kylo Ren to launch a proton torpedo at the entire ceremony.
AgMarauder04
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

If that ever came close to happening, I'd root for Kylo Ren to launch a proton torpedo at the entire ceremony.

Or a (4th?) Death Star
jokershady
AG
Urban Ag said:

A. Solzhenitsyn
Mac94 said:

Maybe Jar Jar can pop in when Obi Wan asks if anyone objects to the union .... mass comedic hysteria ensures. Throw in a few Ewoks and I think we have a winner!

Meesa thinks dis wedding issa doodoo!
agracer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do you mind editing that? Quoting spoiler text seems to break if you bold it. Would rather not have seen that and probably others as well.
A character wearing white in a concept art on Reddit is a spoiler...really?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It was marked a spoiler to begin with, bolding it broke the formatting.
Flashdiaz
AG
she's wearing white for the wedding to Rose... that's the spoiler.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, I don't get why this needs to be a debate EVERY single year.

Anything that is not released officially can be considered a spoiler, so it's better to be safe and just use the spoiler tags. That's what they're for.

Furthermore, it wasn't even you using the tags, it's just fixing the tag that broke. Doubling down and re-stating the statement is just a dick move on your part, racer.
twilly
AG
Actually, the photo that JJ sent out saying that filming was done for Ep IX, both Daisy and Oscar were wearing the same costumes shown in the Reddit photo. I would now consider that an "official" release.
First Page Last Page
Page 30 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.