*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,794 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

Darth Vader had already been redeemed for over a decade in my eyes before he did those awful things. Had Lucas actually made the movies in order and Darth Vader's ending hadn't already been baked into the national conscience it might have been much different.
This seems like a bit of a cop out, though. The order doesn't really matter, and he still did some TERRIBLE sh*t in the original trilogy alone.
I get what you're saying, but that Lucas went way overboard in turning the character evil doesn't change it for me.
redline248
AG
In regards to Kylo being redeemed (swap Caedus for Kylo and Jaina for Rey):

Quote:

The duel continues, with the siblings inflicting serious injuries on each other until Jaina finally cripples Caedus by severing his Achilles tendon. She attacks with a final strike which Caedus cannot block in his current condition, but which also leaves her open to a retaliatory strike. However, instead of taking advantage of the opening and killing his sister, Caedus chooses to use the last instant of his life to reach out to Tenel Ka through the Force and warn her of the danger posed to her and Allana. Jaina realizes what he is trying to do an instant before her lightsaber cuts into him, too late for her to stop the killing strike. Jaina is overcome with guilt, having realized too late that her brother had good left in him after all.

This is from the Legacy of the Force book Invincible
Hello there
Star Wars: A New Order

Thoughts on this?

(I thought I had seen this or posted this before but maybe not.)

I like the title on multiple levels.

• Removing / replacing the First Order
  • A new Jedi order?
  • Bringing order to the galaxy
  • Nicely bookends the saga (A New Hope -> A New Order)

To be honest, I kind of like the sound of The New Order a little more, but I don't know if they'd want all three sequels to start with "The". (Plus you lose the symmetry with ANH.)
Flashdiaz
AG
Hello there said:

only if John Williams and New Order collaborate on the soundtrack.
jokershady
AG
I see where you're going but having the very last Star Wars movie dealing with the legacy of the Skywalker family line with the word "New" in it just seems odd
Hello there
(Fan-made)

The Shank Ag
Star Wars: A Final Hope
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Hello there said:

only if John Williams and New Order collaborate on the soundtrack.
John Williams does not need to collaborate.
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

You bring up some good points, especially the idea that Kylo has no arch villain left to defeat (that we know of yet). He IS the big bad. And I agree that they've written him into a bit of a corner in that regard.

That said, I've never understood why some consider Kylo to be unredeemable, when Anakin/Vader did just as bad or worse...

- Anakin's actions directly led to Mace Windu's death (after he cut off Windu's hand).
- Anakin literally murdered a bunch of children.
- Anakin Force choked his own wife, which basically led to her death.
- Anakin/Vader oversaw and commanded the annihilation of his daughter's entire home planet.
- Anakin/Vader arranged the carbon freezing of Han, an act in and of itself that, as mentioned in-movie, could have led to Han's death (never mind the death certainly faced under Jabba),
- Ankain/Vader *tried* to kill his mentor TWICE.

Why are these murders/attempted murders so "easy" to look past, but Kylo killing Han isn't, in terms of redemption? This argument has always seemed so weird to me. Kylo almost seems tame in comparison, all things considered.
All correct except who oversaw and commanded the annihilation of Alderaan. That was Grand Moff Tarkin.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, but didn't Vader give the final cue to fire when he's showing Leia? Or am I remembering that wrong?
Not a Bot
AG
There was the hint of a power struggle between Vader and the military types, but I don't think they blow up the planet without Vader's blessing.
AliasMan02
AG
Cactus Jack said:

There was the hint of a power struggle between Vader and the military types, but I don't think they blow up the planet without Vader's blessing.

Vader was definitely outsude of the military chain of command, but below Tarkin in the pecking order.
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, but didn't Vader give the final cue to fire when he's showing Leia? Or am I remembering that wrong?
No. Tarkin said, "You may fire when ready".
Hello there
Tarkin was the only Grand Moff in the the galaxy.
redline248
AG
Tarkin may have been the only person in the Empire, other than Palps, that knew Vader's real identity. He knew Anakin in the Clone Wars, calls him old friend and knows that Vader is "all that's left" of the Jedi religion. Which means he probably also knew in the back of his mind Vader was above him in the emperor's eyes.
The Collective
AG

Duncan Idaho
AliasMan02 said:

Cactus Jack said:

Vader was definitely outsude of the military chain of command, but below Tarkin in the pecking order.

How does lieas leash comment fit in with this view?
Hello there
I think Vader and Tarkin were on about the same level as far as hierarchy, but beyond that, there was a mutual respect.

With anyone else, when Vader wanted to show who was boss, he would.

AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

AliasMan02 said:

Cactus Jack said:

How does lieas leash comment fit in with this view?

She was antagonizing him, I guess. Vader was hunting the rebels and therefore Leia's chief adversary.

Tarkin regularly gave commands to Vader, which he obeyed, but mostly they were on different tracks. Tarkin was a military leader and administrator, in charge of the Death Star and responsible for executing the Emperor's vision.

Vader had a separate and distinct mission, to find and root out the rebels.
Flashdiaz
AG
Hello there said:

I think Vader and Tarkin were on about the same level as far as hierarchy, but beyond that, there was a mutual respect.

With anyone else, when Vader wanted to show who was boss, he would.

the cool part about Vader's castle meeting room is this is on a rail-less platform surrounded by lava... anyone there to meet Vader know they are a force push away from doom.
Hello there
Indeed, Vader is a drama queen and I love it.

He'd probably hang someone off the edge of the platform while he force choked them over the lava.

Hurling them into the lava is too quick.
The Collective
AG
I don't get it. Why would you want to live in the place where Obi-Wan BBQ'ed you? And make no mistake about it, Anakin absolutely hates BBQ.

Edit for my mistype.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

I don't get it. Why would you want to live in the place where Obi-Wan BBQ'ed you? And make no mistake about it, Anakin absolutely hates BBBQ.
not as much as he hates sand though.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
CJS4715 said:

I don't get it. Why would you want to live in the place where Obi-Wan BBQ'ed you? And make no mistake about it, Anakin absolutely hates BBQ.
Obi-Wan cut off some of his midichlorians. he is still searching for them.
Duncan Idaho
Sarduakar said:

CJS4715 said:

Obi-Wan cut off some of his midichlorians. he is still searching for them.

This brings up a question. Could I get a midiclorian transfusion and become force sensitive?
Hello there
CJS4715 said:

Edit for my mistype.
Feeds his anger and hatred.
Hello there
jokershady
AG
Here's a completely baseless claim that we'll get something tomorrow during the super bowl.

Doubt it.

But it would coincide with the charts above...

https://www.inverse.com/article/52752-star-wars-episode-9-trailer-release-date-super-bowl-leak-teases-title-reveal
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

tomorrow
Isn't the SB next weekend?
AgMarauder04
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

tomorrow
Isn't the SB next weekend?

Good gawd, a 15 second teaser with quotes, music, title and release date would blow up the internet during the super bowl.
TCTTS
AG
The only two facts that would even remotely lend any credibility to this at all are...

1) Lucasfilm *did* debut the first Solo footage at the Super Bowl last year. This was the first time I can remember a Star Wars movie having footage during the Super Bowl since the ads for the original trilogy special editions back in '97. That said, Solo obviously came out just under four months later, where as Episode IX won't come out for over 10 months. And no movie has ever debuted footage at the Super Bowl that early.

2) Lucasfilm *did* "miss" the week-of-January-23rd window to announce the title (the same week they announced the TLJ title in 2017), so maybe they're holding out for the Super Bowl.

All that said... there's no way this is happening, and this guy is, per usual, more than likely full of sh*t. I'd bet just about anything that, at this point, Lucasfilm is saving the first footage/trailer AND the title reveal for Celebration in April.
AgMarauder04
AG
Dammit man, let US BELIEVE!!!!
Hello there
https://instagr.am/p/BtGzOeaFqai
jokershady
AG
Mah bad....meant NEXT Sunday and not tomorrow Sunday.

No coffee is to blame!
AgMarauder04
AG
jokershady said:

Mah bad....meant NEXT Sunday and not tomorrow Sunday.

No coffee is to blame!

That's a rookie mistake, and you hate to see it.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.