*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

759,659 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
mnuge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One more thing....my 16 and 20 year old daughters (no pics) are on their phones right now getting people to go see it again tomorrow. They absolutely loved it.

To hear the oldest talk about the soundtrack brings tears to my eyes....
AMW2010
AG
I have one question for those that have seen it.... is there anything I should watch tonight before I see the movie in the morning to make the viewing experience better?
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

I have one question for those that have seen it.... is there anything I should watch tonight before I see the movie in the morning to make the viewing experience better?

All the Jar Jar scenes in the prequels. Really examine them and sit with him. Because his role here is so incredibly layered, and there are so many great callbacks.
AMW2010
AG
You haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll take that as sarcasm
InternetFan02
AG
1 quick obvious example on how this was so much better than TLJ

-the new female minority character was very good. Not cheesy at all. Didn't feel forced. It's not female minorities we didn't like - it's the bad acting and cringy dialog.
TCTTS
AG
redd38
AG
AMW2010 said:

If you know enough to know who Kylo Ren is then you're probably good to go.

On the other hand, it can never hurt to watch the first 8 again just in case.
hoosierAG
AG
No. And it's the best of the 3 movies by a landslide.
AMW2010
AG
I watched the first 6 last weekend when they were on tv, I watched a little of TFA... and I think I've seen TLJ, maybe 2 times? I saw it on opening day, that's my last memory of it
Liquid Wrench
AMW2010 said:

All I can say is watching The Man In The High Castle finale last night put me in the right mood for it.

Really enjoyed this. Ignore the critics, don't go in thinking about how it compares to TLJ or anything, just sit back and enjoy the ride. We'll talk about the details in the other thread.

And yes, use the 28 minutes of commercials to get that last pee break in, because you don't want to miss anything.

/Initial reaction from the ice house down the road from the theater.
vwbug
Seeing it tomorrow. Last two pages of reviews has me excited.

I don't need to "be challenged" with star wars movies. I want the good guys winning and the bad guys losing. Can't wait to see it.
CoachRTM
AG
AMW2010 said:

If you really have to watch something, it's probably The Force Awakens. But you really don't have to.
Coog97
I absolutely loved it! As the cliche goes, "I laughed. I cried. I almost s**t my pants." Had a hell of a great time and walked out of the theater feeling that the saga I've loved so much for more than four decades, that I grew up on, got the ending it deserved... it is a feeling of enthused satisfaction.

Will definitely be going back for at least a couple more viewings!
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I honestly didn't expect TexAgs to be this divided on the movie. Yes, there's obviously a lot of arguing on this forum in general (not that anyone's arguing right now), but even after all the negative reviews, I figured most everyone here would generally agree in their enjoyment of it. Especially after all the "I'm going to love it!" talk in response to TLJ-loving critics not liking it. So to see some of the more hardcore fans here not like it at all, but others absolutely love it (including hardcore fans as well), I truly have no idea what to think, or how I'm going to respond to it.
I don't know what else to say other than it felt like I was sitting with my brothers and my mom and dad again.

Pulled all the strings for me. I danced like a puppet.

My wife cried, not because she really cares about SW, but because she was so happy that I loved it that much.

Sorry for going all deep end. Was just a great night. Loved it.
TCTTS
Madmarttigan
AG
Doesn't feel like people on here are that divided.... yet.

When people sit down and think about it that may change.
agproducer
AG
Coog97 said:

I absolutely loved it! As the cliche goes, "I laughed. I cried. I almost s**t my pants." Had a hell of a great time and walked out of the theater feeling that the saga I've loved so much for more than four decades, that I grew up on, got the ending it deserved... it is a feeling of enthused satisfaction.

Will definitely be going back for at least a couple more viewings!

Now, this is a review I can trust.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm enjoying reading these reviews
tremble
AG
Glad the reviews on here are coming in at a sweet spot. I pretty much had all the usual complaints after Last Jedi so the folks saying this one outdoes it has me excited.
Liquid Wrench
I think the best thing I can say is that there were things I would have enjoyed even if it weren't a Star War. Classic adventure/quest kind of stuff that I enjoy from old movies.
The Collective
AG
First hour... I was sitting there with a WTH is going on face. Zero doubt.
Urban Ag
AG
I want to add one more thing for the night.

I live in Georgetown, TX. I love this town. This is where my wife and I put down roots. This is a very cool central Texas town and close to Austin, but is very low key.

There was cheering and clapping multiple times during this film. Sure, it was the premiere here. But this is Gtown. I can not recall that kind of enthusiasm at our theater here in the 13+ years we have lived here. And the audience was very mixed, young, middle, and olds.

Just sayin

TCTTS
AG
Man, that's so awesome to hear.
Malachi Constant
AG
Great movie that makes me long for an alternate history where JJ did all 3.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly 24 hours from this very moment I'll be walking out of the theater.
JonnieUtah
AG
alright
Just saw the movie.
gonna give it a 4.45/5.0

Could have easily made it two movies and expanded on each.
Jammed a lot into one.
But good to see some loose ends tied up.
Saxsoon
AG
There were plot holes a mile wide. Macguffins galore. But **** it that was amazing. The characters were fleshed out great. The new ones were awesome. The pacing was relentless and I loved it. Ben and Rey were really challenged and grew a lot
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
The Collective
AG
Wellp.
Liquid Wrench
I love MacGuffins. Items that are introduced are supposed to serve a purpose. You're supposed to find out what the maltese falcon was made of. I almost took a picture just to post here cus that's the name of the bar in the AMC.
Gigem314
AG
Just got out...absolutely loved it.

It recaptures the adventure and excitement that made me fall in love with Star Wars.

Given what he was handed, JJ deserves the Academy Award for Best Director...ever.
D12Lloyd
AG
Movie was entertaining and I enjoyed it more than Last Jedi. Way too much crammed in it though. First half needed to be more fleshed out. Felt like JJ put what he would have done in a second movie along with this 3rd movie. Still I liked it
Saxsoon
AG
Body By Fisher said:

I love MacGuffins. Items that are introduced are supposed to serve a purpose. You're supposed to find out what the maltese falcon was made of. I almost took a picture just to post here cus that's the name of the bar in the AMC.

Damn wrong thread
Saxsoon
AG
sorry!
PatAg
AG
Movie is good
AMW2010
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Wellp.

I have a giant Porg now too!!
First Page Last Page
Page 189 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.