*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

809,361 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
AB2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I enjoyed it
wangus12
AG
We legitimately had a Cadillac commercial in between the 6 previews
EarlyAg07
AG
Same. Think if you enjoy Star Wars in general you'll enjoy yourself. The plot isn't anything shocking or intricate but given the overarching narrative from the first 2 movies of this trilogy, this movie does a solid job wrapping up a lot of plot points.
wangus12
AG
Also, Loved it. The story was rushed but I could care less. This movie was made for me. High paced Star Wars action and callbacks. Ate that **** up
arrow
AG
I liked it! I just got home poured my finest whiskey and turned on Ep. IV. Long live Star Wars.
EarlyAg07
AG
Also, I was pretty happy with how they handled Leia. It wasn't as seamless as what Gladiator did with Oliver Reed but still well done.
YellowPot_97
AG
I'm a happy fan boy!!!
AB2
AG
Yes. I can see why critics panned it. I'd you're a fanboy, you don't care and you walk out with a feeling that you just haven't had in the last 8 movies.
jr15aggie
AG
Solid reactions. So far what I expected. A rushed movie that common sense world argue at certain points... but if you ignore that and just watch Star Wars you'll enjoy it.

Patiently waiting for tomorrow night!
jr15aggie
AG
You know how your brain will sometimes say "what if you jumped" whenever you are somewhere really high up.

Right now it's saying "what if you checked the spoiler thread".

Why do you hate me brain!
EarlyAg07
AG
That being said, I felt it moved at a good pace. In a rewatch of TFA and TLJ, there were points were the plot moved slowly and felt like filler. You can argue this has filler but at no point did this feel like it was dragging.
jokershady
AG
jr15aggie said:

You know how your brain will sometimes say "what if you jumped" whenever you are somewhere really high up.

StrykerAg
AG
57% Tomatometer
88% Audience score so far

For those on the fence.
Just got out. It was a great movie and a fitting end to the Skywalker Saga. Was it the best Disney Star Wars movie? I still consider Rogue One a better theatrical viewing experience. But JJ did his best to follow up on that disaster that was TLJ.
wangus12
AG
All I know is I will forever want Star Wars films. I know they're saying that the Skywalker saga is over, but as well anthology films, I still need Jedi and lightsabers and the Force in future films
TCTTS
AG
The Jedi and the Force aren't going anywhere. I imagine they'll always be central to the franchise, no matter where it goes.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just got out. Can't give any sort of review or official score because I actually fell asleep.

I can say I thought the first 45 minutes was awful and I'm glad this thing has been put to rest. And this is coming from a nerd fanboy with Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, a Star Wars chess board, and freaking very uncomfortable adidas C-3PO shoes on.
The Collective
AG
Ugh
TCTTS
AG
Interesting. This guy wasn't a fan when he saw it for the first time at the premiere...

InternetFan02
AG
Take that fan service and inject it into my ****ing veins! Thank you JJ that was an awesome movie experience
TCTTS
AG
I honestly didn't expect TexAgs to be this divided on the movie. Yes, there's obviously a lot of arguing on this forum in general (not that anyone's arguing right now), but even after all the negative reviews, I figured most everyone here would generally agree in their enjoyment of it. Especially after all the "I'm going to love it!" talk in response to TLJ-loving critics not liking it. So to see some of the more hardcore fans here not like it at all, but others absolutely love it (including hardcore fans as well), I truly have no idea what to think, or how I'm going to respond to it.
Urban Ag
AG
just got home.

I'm not ready to unpack it but I will say this.

The last time I smiled that much in a movie was Rogue One, three years ago. The last time I teared up that many times in a movie, I honestly have no idea.

It was beautiful, amazingly fun, super hot mess, and I absolutely loved it.

I will not come back a week from now, a month, six months, and change this sentiment.

Bravo Disney and everyone that had a part in making this. A fine birthday/Christmas present to me. I will see this movie many, many, more times over the course of whatever God gives me here.

Fenrir
StrykerAg said:

57% Tomatometer
88% Audience score so far

For those on the fence.

So...the opposite of TLJ? I'm all in.
hoosierAG
AG
Loved it as well. Flaws and messy yes, but so much fun and did the best they could after the last Jedi disaster
maca1028
WTF...I just accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread!!! SON OF A *****!!!
Urban Ag
AG
Such a great night. I made dinner with my 11 year old waiting on my wife and teen to get home. Chili and grilled cheese. We turned on a SW movie on the DVR on each of the four flat screens in the house. R1, ESB, ANH, and ROTS. Really pleased right now. This was literally about the best send off to this saga given what JJ has to work with, IMO.

And there is an absolute tie in to the Mandalorian from the chapter that released yesterday. Very cool.
twilly
AG
Off to viewing #2.

Forget the critics. Awesome movie
Fat Bib Fortuna
johnnyblaze36 said:

Just got out. Can't give any sort of review or official score because I actually fell asleep.

I can say I thought the first 45 minutes was awful and I'm glad this thing has been put to rest. And this is coming from a nerd fanboy with Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, a Star Wars chess board, and freaking very uncomfortable adidas C-3PO shoes on.

Staff. Please change username to Johnny raincloud
Urban Ag
AG
twilly said:

Off to viewing #2.

we will be having a second viewing, probably not for a few weeks, but we'll see it once more time
Saul Goodman
AG
As many have said, the film is a hot mess. If this was another franchise, I would roll my eyes through the whole thing. However, this is Star Wars, and it was a hell of a lot of fun. Some truly great moments. I just wish they would've let us savor some of them a bit more, because it moves so fast.

This movie was made for 12-year old boys, just like Lucas would've wanted. Count me in as one who enjoyed the ride.
wangus12
AG
twilly said:

Off to viewing #2.

Going again on Saturday. Gotta binge the Witcher tomorrow.
maca1028
Gotta wait until Sunday to see it. Hopefully what I just saw in the spoiler thread was a joke.
amercer
AG
Just watched Return of the Jedi to prep for tomorrow. If it had been released today, the internet would have torn it to pieces. It's my favorite movie of all time.

Long live fun.
AMW2010
AG
jr15aggie said:

I was having that same feeling!!!! I'm less than 12 hours from seeing it! And I just wanna take a small look over there!!
mnuge
AG
Just got home.
Two years ago the reviews led me to have sky high expectations. Left wanting to eat a gun.
Tonight the mixed reviews and the last movie had my expectations pretty low. Just thought there was too much to do.

My general reaction is that it was a great time in the theater. Were there Cheesey parts? Yep. Was it rushed? Amazingly so. Was it fun? Absolutely.

Definitely gave Last Jedi the finger in a couple of places -
Very much so in one scene.

3PO was nails - something I haven't thought since Empire

Go have a good time...
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.