*** A QUIET PLACE *** (John Krasinski, Emily Blunt)

35,317 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Joseph Parrish
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I heard it was 90 minutes of silence and then this eerie scene before fading to black

Urban Ag
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I hope this blows up for Krasinski. There doesn't seem to be a more likeable guy in Hollywood.
Absolutely. I barely know anything about but he just seems to be a boss. Next Chris Pratt.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Good to know. I did a little reading and Krasinski said he didn't want to make a scary movie, but it's more of a tribute to his kids as to what he'd be willing to do for them as a parent. I hope I can watch it in the next few days.
Max Power
AG
Urban Ag said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

I hope this blows up for Krasinski. There doesn't seem to be a more likeable guy in Hollywood.
Absolutely. I barely know anything about but he just seems to be a boss. Next Chris Pratt.
There are definitely similarities to Pratt, both were very lovable low-key characters on NBC sit-coms. Both took on movie roles that made me do a double take. Never knew that Andy Dwyer could become Star Lord, never knew Jim Halpert could pull off the role as a military contractor in 13 Hours. I always thought 13 Hours would be terrible, from the story I knew already, to the fact that it was directed by Michael Bay, to having guys like Krasinski in the cast. I was happily wrong and I really enjoyed 13 Hours once I got around to seeing it.

Though I do hope Krasinski and Blunt stay married, Pratt and Farris didn't work out in the end.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Solid movie. Genuinely tense, danger feels real, and lean runtime.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This movie was the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park extended to 90 minutes.

And I mean that as a compliment.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Just got home from seeing it. Maybe my expectations were too high with all the hype going on.. thought it was solid and suspenseful and felt like a much stronger premise of the M. Night "Signs" movie, but I just wasn't 100% in on it.
fightinags2013
AG
It definitely had shades of "Signs"

Krasinski was great.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just one question so I go in with proper expectations..... is this movie nothing but mild tension the whole way through without any real payoff, like It Comes At Night?
Or does this have some legit grab your armrest momemts? I don't mean obvious, cheap jump out at you scares or Saw type gore. Just actual real terror rather than a constant promise of something that never comes.
BassCowboy33
FL_Ag1998 said:

Just one question so I go in with proper expectations..... is this movie nothing but mild tension the whole way through without any real payoff, like It Comes At Night?
Or does this have some legit grab your armrest momemts? I don't mean obvious, cheap jump out at you scares or Saw type gore. Just actual real terror rather than a constant promise of something that never comes.

It comes in the first five minutes and doesn't stop coming.
BassCowboy33
Max Power said:

Urban Ag said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

There are definitely similarities to Pratt, both were very lovable low-key characters on NBC sit-coms. Both took on movie roles that made me do a double take. Never knew that Andy Dwyer could become Star Lord, never knew Jim Halpert could pull off the role as a military contractor in 13 Hours. I always thought 13 Hours would be terrible, from the story I knew already, to the fact that it was directed by Michael Bay, to having guys like Krasinski in the cast. I was happily wrong and I really enjoyed 13 Hours once I got around to seeing it.

Though I do hope Krasinski and Blunt stay married, Pratt and Farris didn't work out in the end.

I was sold on Pratt after his and Joel Edgerton's edgy SEAL duo in Zero Dark Thirty.
Sex Panther
AG
That was intense... great movie and really cool concept.
Saxsoon
AG
First five minutes literally had me say holy **** out of shock it was so out of left field. Film returns to quiet contemplation and character development (which I am amazed by because it is only signing and facial expressions) and then ratchets up from there. Just amazing
JYDog90
AG
I don't deal well with non-stop "armrest grabbing moments" for long periods of time. Heck, I couldn't even watch all of breaking bad because of the constant conflict, tension, ramping up of danger. I probably won't like this movie, though I'm very curious about it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep. Especially the ending.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Projections have it opening to $47M after tracking to do $20M.

It's currently beating out Get Out, Split, and even Ready Player One.
AgLiving06
BassCowboy33 said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

It comes in the first five minutes and doesn't stop coming.

That's what she said.

(couldn't help it. Had to make a reference to "The Office"
AggieOO
If you didn't say it, I was going to.
toucan82
I've never regretted buying a box of m&m's more in my entire life
AggieOO
toucan82 said:

I've never regretted buying a box of m&m's more in my entire life

Haha! I was thinking the same thing the entire movie.
bedofbrass33
AG
Great feedback. Y'all just moved this from a "Redbox" for me to go see it tomorrow afternoon.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Really cool movie
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Bones08
AG
Ha! Went to see it at Alamo Drafthouse and they played this clip before the movie.

Also, fantastic movie all around.
oragator
http://deadline.com/2018/04/a-quiet-place-blockers-ready-player-one-weekend-box-office-1202359716/
TCTTS
AG
So damn good.

A liiittle hokey here and there, and a couple on-the-nose elements, but man, it's such a tight script and a hell of a job by Krasinski. Felt like he graduated from the J.J. Abrams School of Directing, but in all the best ways.

The edit from Emily Blunt screaming in the tub to the firework exploding in the sky has to be one of my favorites of the past five years or so. Such an awesome, visceral moment. And that ending beat/shot... just phenomenal.

The woman seated next to us, every five minutes throughout the entire runtime, just kept whispering, "Sh*t!... Sh*t!... F*ck!... Duuude!.... G*d damn it!.... Sh*t!" It was hilarious. The audience absolutely loved it and erupted when it cut to black at the end. Before that, I've never been in a theater that quiet in my life. What an experience.
schmendeler
AG
Great movie. Somehow a family horror movie? Like a better, scarier Signs.
TCTTS
AG
The only question I have...

Can someone explain the leaking water in the basement? When Blunt wakes up and the baby is floating in its box a few feet away. Where did that leak come from? And why did they show Krasinski walk right by it like that? It felt like there was a missing scene or something that explained that better.
TCTTS
AG
I endorse Chris Pratt's genuinely giddy endorsement of this movie...

https://instagr.am/p/BhSY985DFPW
AGinHI
AG
Out with the wife.

Previews starting...
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
TCTTS
AG
That's what I figured and I agree with your assessment. It was really effective on multiple levels. I just wish they would have actually shown it break, but I get how that might have come across as forced.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.