*** A QUIET PLACE *** (John Krasinski, Emily Blunt)

35,216 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Joseph Parrish
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never been a big horror fan, so I kind of glazed over this one and hadn't watched any of the trailers, which have been out for weeks now. But the movie itself premiered at SXSW a couple days ago to absolutely rave reviews, to the point where reactions have been so unanimously consistent that I finally gave the trailers a spin... and holy crap this looks amazing. That, and I mistakenly assumed it was strictly horror when it looks to be something so much more. Not only does John Krasinski star, he directs as well, and based solely on the concept/visuals alone, I kind of can't believe this is only his second time directing a feature film. There's so much buzz that people are saying Krasinski could be the next big breakout director, ala Jordan Peele and Get Out. Between this and his Jack Ryan series on Amazon this summer, Krasinski looks poised to have a hell of a year.

A Quiet Place hits theaters on April 6...

TCTTS
AG
Also, how weird is it that Krasinski and Blunt are not only married, but Krasinski was runner up for Captain America, and Blunt was actually cast as Black Widow, but had to bow out due to scheduling - two characters that ended up being somewhat paired together across a couple movies. Now the actors who almost played each are married, we may had never got this movie otherwise, and Blunt was actually pregnant with their second child in this, which looks to play a part in the plot.
Saxsoon
AG
Super hyped for this
schmendeler
AG
Looks like a winner
Sex Panther
AG
Even though I really enjoyed, "It Comes At Night"... I think this is going to be the version of that movie that people wanted and actually liked.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I hope this blows up for Krasinski. There doesn't seem to be a more likeable guy in Hollywood.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Sex Panther said:

Even though I really enjoyed, "It Comes At Night"... I think this is going to be the version of that movie that people wanted and actually liked.

Man, you just nailed what I've been thinking since I watched this trailer. I didn't hate It Comes At Night, just felt let down by it. So I'm hoping this movie actually delivers and isn't more of the same.
Brick Tamland
I want him to be the Green Lantern
Sex Panther
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I want him to be the Green Lantern

That would be a great choice. I still think it will be Chris Pine somehow though.

If he doesn't get that, he can be Moon Knight in Phase 12 of the MCU
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Am I going to see this movie?

TajMaballer
AG
Krasinski and Blunt would make a perfect Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic when they reboot the Fantastic Four in the MCU
israeliag
AG
And a prosthetics/CG Rainn Wilson would be a perfect Thing.
bedofbrass33
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

I hope this blows up for Krasinski. There doesn't seem to be a more likeable guy in Hollywood.
Chris Pratt is also in the running for most likeable. The dude runs a farm now for crying out loud.

Krasinski appears to be a genuinely good person though. Loved his turn in 13 Hours.

Will be seeing this movie even though I do not like horror at all.
jeffk
AG
I mean, he's already Jack Ryan for crying out loud.
c-jags
I don't normally like horror but I'm super pumped for this one.

Love the look. And only the look.
Max Power
AG
I loved horror growing up, but rarely does a horror movie look good enough to actually hit the theater these days, I'll be at this one. The most recent horror movie I saw at the theater was Don't Breathe, which was great, and I highly recommend if you like horror or suspense.
FancyKetchup14
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

Chris Pratt is also in the running for most likeable. The dude runs a farm now for crying out loud.

Krasinski appears to be a genuinely good person though. Loved his turn in 13 Hours.

Will be seeing this movie even though I do not like horror at all.

Pratt does seem like one of the coolest guys to go out and drink with.
c-jags
Pratt definitely seems like he's in the "not a *ick" category.

Hate to see his divorce but he still seems so genuinely excited to be where he is today.
fig96
AG
c-jags said:

Pratt definitely seems like he's in the "not a *ick" category.

Hate to see his divorce but he still seems so genuinely excited to be where he is today.
Read his (somewhat?) recent GQ feature, he's crazy likeable.

And I'm excited for for this, not into horror but I do enjoy a good thriller and this looks to be more in that genre.
MW03
AG
So I'm never going to get him as Harry Dresden, am I?
Saxsoon
AG
TajMaballer said:

Krasinski and Blunt would make a perfect Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic when they reboot the Fantastic Four in the MCU

I never knew I wanted this
FTACO97
AG
Sex Panther said:

This, except I didn't like It Comes At Night
mhayden
Guessing this will fall under the same 'The Village' and 'It Comes At Night' category of "Interesting and worth watching but not scary in the least", but we will see.
TCTTS
AG
Reviews, at least, are saying it's scary as sh*t.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I known we sling RT scores around here with some heavy grains of salt but it's curretly at 100% with 23 reviews in...
FancyKetchup14
AG
Also, it's hard to picture Jim doing a horror flick. Seems like much more of a Gabe thing to do.
Farmer1906
AG
It took me a while to see him not as Jim playing soldier in 13 hours.
MGS
Farmer1906 said:

It took me a while to see him not as Jim playing soldier in 13 hours.
It was especially weird that Roy was also in the movie and seemed to get along with Jim.
BQ78
AG
The second trailer is way better than the first one.
White Liberals=The Worst
This looks awesome.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Anybody planning on catching this over the weekend?
Sex Panther
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Anybody planning on catching this over the weekend?

Hell yes
TCTTS
AG
Yep. Saturday night.
Cancelled
AG
Saxsoon said:

TajMaballer said:

I never knew I wanted this

Fantastic 4 should not be in any format other than cartoon.
AggieOO
TCTTS said:

Reviews, at least, are saying it's scary as sh*t.

This movie is suspense, not horror at all. There are a couple spots that will make you jump a bit, but this is hardly a horror movie to me. Maybe if you are 8.

I thought it was fantastic. It pretty much has you on the edge of your seat from the first minute until the credits.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.