****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,482 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was trying to figure out a scenario where he cannot die until Jon dies based on who he was named after (Dany's brother, aka Jons dad). Some kind of weird lord of the light voodoo. Hasn't served his purpose yet. yada yada yada....

bobinator
AG
Rheagal HAS to be actually dead. I'm not even considering him being alive a possibility.

Maybe Bran is attacking them with something not as easy to shoot down? We've seen him control a whole flock of ravens before. Bran hasn't really actively fought yet, but perhaps now is the time and he's attacking Euron's fleet with a flock of birds.
StringerBell
AG
Quote:

flock of birds
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, it was basically the "i'm a terrible man and you deserve better" breakup speech.

Brienne be like:

aTmAg
AG
He had blood spewing from his neck like a geyser. If he is alive, then I might join SWAG.
TheCougarHunter
AG
He's no more alive than Stannis Baratheon
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

He had blood spewing from his neck like a geyser. If he is alive, then I might join SWAG.

He's probably fine.... tis but a flesh wound.

tk for tu juan
bonfarr said:

StringerBell said:

spoiler tagging this for folks who dont watch the next episode previews

what did euron see that made his eyes get big in the last episode

is there another dragon?

See my post above, the web geeks think Rheagal may still be alive.

Yep, a few days of salt water therapy always helps rejuvenate my energy, it should work on dragons too
Bunk Moreland
bobinator said:

Rheagal HAS to be actually dead. I'm not even considering him being alive a possibility.

Maybe Bran is attacking them with something not as easy to shoot down? We've seen him control a whole flock of ravens before. Bran hasn't really actively fought yet, but perhaps now is the time and he's attacking Euron's fleet with a flock of birds.

No no. I was shouted down for positing that Bran could have helped the morons by flying and telling them about the Iron Fleet as it was happening. Bran is never leaving WF and that's not his job, bob.

Until it is his job, then it'll make complete sense.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Is it weird that I saw that and thought "poor dragon"? That and Ghost not getting a head rub effected me more than Missandei getting her head chopped off.
agsquirrel97
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Is it weird that I saw that and thought "poor dragon"? That and Ghost not getting a head rub effected me more than Missandei getting her head chopped off.

No, it isn't weird, it actually answers a lot of questions I had about you. Thank you for the insight, it all makes sense now.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
gigemJTH12
AG
Well is Missandei didn't get her head chopped off the episode would have been a lot worse. I think everyone was pulling for them to actually go through with it.
bobinator
AG
I will say there's a lot of things Bran could do. But playing lookout doesn't seem like something he'd deem very important, especially since (theoretically) Dany could have been doing it.
Max Power
AG
Emilia Clarke said that episode 5 is bigger than 3, if that is indeed the case then in episode 5 they succeed in taking King's Landing. That's just about the only thing I can see that truly is bigger than episode 3. Taking King's Landing from Cersei would be the biggest possible thing that could happen. And Dany/Tyrion have to be the biggest players for Dany to have the shot at the throne she thinks she deserves, she has to do something no one else is capable of and perhaps while that is happening Tyrion has also put something else into play. It can't be Jon and the army outside the gates, it has to be Dany with Drogon and Tyrion in conjunction, perhaps there's a secret way into King's Landing and they can get the unsullied inside.

I definitely think there's a good chance that Cersei appears to surrender only to go scorched earth and blow up the Red Keep with wildfire though. Episode 6 is there to put a bow on the series, episode 5 is for King's Landing, gotta be. If that happens then Sansa could end up the with the claim to the throne.
DCPD158
AG
What he sees is Dany on her dragon diving with the sun behind her so he can't target her. Finally, a character uses appropriate tactics.
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
FIDO95
AG
Your eyes would get pretty big if you saw that flying at you with all those bolts sticking out. Could we see Bran gaining some NK capabilities?

https://images.app.goo.gl/JrNmRBQoSoafs71n9

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aTmAg
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

No, it isn't weird, it actually answers a lot of questions I had about you. Thank you for the insight, it all makes sense now.
I don't know if I should be insulted or not.
bobinator
AG
"Bigger" can mean a lot of things.

For how 'big' the Battle of Winterfell was, there were only a handful of shocking/surprising moments.

There are a lot of pieces on the table that could make for some insane stuff happening at King's Landing.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Emilia Clarke also said that she cringed when she read the script for season 8 because her character performed immoral acts. Suspect this goes down in Ep 5.
Bregxit
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Emilia Clarke also said that she cringed when she read the script for season 8 because her character performed immoral acts. Suspect this goes down in Ep 5.

Maybe she cringed because she was boinking her nephew.
bobinator
AG
DCPD158 said:

What he sees is Dany on her dragon diving with the sun behind her so he can't target her. Finally, a character uses appropriate tactics.
I do think this is extremely possible, but would be kind of dumb. It's hard to believe she'd be able to get up into the sun without them seeing her. Plus if the boats were even kind of spread out it wouldn't really work.
MW03
AG
That last Brienne and Jamie scene made me feel like I was watching Harry and the Hendersons.
bonfarr
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Varys is toast, the old Warlock tossed his manhood in the fire decades before and the rest of him is going to burn in Drogon's fire so he completes the circle.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
agsquirrel97
AG
aTmAg said:

agsquirrel97 said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

before I tell you how to feel about this, I am going to need a quick signature.

In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
CFTXAG10
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Like showing no mercy and killing innocent men, women, and children who are gathered thanks to Cersei in Kings Landing

Urban Ag
AG
Dany flies in to battle butt naked. Google search "dragonmamabarebackomg" and see for yourself. Probably NSFW

jtstanley4621
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Goes along with the rushed feel I've had from this season, but I don't really feel like there has been enough leg work put in in terms of making Dany into a "mad queen" type of character. But that certainly feels like where it's going.
aTmAg
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

aTmAg said:

agsquirrel97 said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

before I tell you how to feel about this, I am going to need a quick signature.

Consider it signed
M.C. Swag
AG
Rhaegal took 2 spears to the chest and 1 through the neck. Then crashed into the ocean. Guys, he's as dead as a door nail.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

Like showing no mercy and killing innocent men, women, and children who are gathered thanks to Cersei in Kings Landing

Agreed something along these lines. And I also think she kills Varys as he is stirring the pot ala GOT. And she warned him she would kill him if he ever betrayed her.
Urban Ag
AG
bobinator said:

"Bigger" can mean a lot of things.

For how 'big' the Battle of Winterfell was, there were only a handful of shocking/surprising moments.

There are a lot of pieces on the table that could make for some insane stuff happening at King's Landing.
That's how I took it. Crazy sh** going down, not necessarily some sacking of KL and Cersei deposed.
Malcolm52
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Rhaegal took 2 spears to the chest and 1 through the neck. Then crashed into the ocean. Guys, he's as dead as a door nail.
Not if Ghost swims down and drags him up to the shore and the CotF and Jaquen Hagar invoke the shadow of Asshai to reincarnate Rhaegal.
bobinator
AG
I kind of think people are making a bit of a false equivalency with the 'mad queen' stuff. The 'mad king' was literally crazy (as far as we know.) He would randomly roast people alive, laugh about it, and at one point told them to burn everyone in King's Landing.

What Varys and the others are concerned about with Dany isn't really that. They're not worried that she's losing her mind, they're just wondering if she's become so focused on the iron throne that she becomes no better than the people she's trying to replace.

Cersei seized the throne by blowing up a building full of innocent people, and now they're worried that Dany might more or less do the same thing.

I know that's not an important distinction really, but they're not really afraid of her turning 'mad' in the same sense as the 'mad king,' so that phrasing has bothered me a little bit.
bangobango
AG
Why can't Euron just be looking up at Drogon about to mess him up?

I suspect Dany does something clever to get the drop on him. I also wouldn't be surprised if her ruthless side doesn't come out next episode. I fear the people inside the red keep may not be as safe as they think.
jtstanley4621
AG
Fair point. I guess I just mean like Dany getting super consumed with getting the throne at all costs, likely at the risk of innocent lives.

Her circle is shrinking and they're really hammering home her feeling isolated and powerless. Feels like she's going to take King's Landing with the unsullied and Drogon at any cost. Which I think is just a shame in terms of all the things we've been through with her character throughout the seasons.
First Page Last Page
Page 276 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.