****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,713 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
CoppellAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP ... but another cameo ...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-cameos-chris-stapleton-ed-sheeran

bobinator
AG
Arya having to take the face of someone Cersei trusts to kill her is operating under the assumption that Arya plans to survive the encounter. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be able to Leroy Jenkins her way to Cersei at this point.
aTmAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

aTmAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

aTmAg said:

I don't think anybody is arguing that enough good guys died. At least from what I can tell.

lol serious? it's been mentioned dozens of times
Who said that? I think I've read every post since it aired, and I can't think of anybody saying that.
I'm not going back and linking to comments but many people have and it's been a topic of discussion on Twitter, Binge Mode, etc.

If you have a disagreement with people on Twitter, Binge Mode, etc. then take it up with them. From what I can tell, everybody here thinks more main characters should have died. You are arguing against nobody.
G Martin 87
AG
JJxvi said:

aTmAg said:

JJxvi said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Sounds weird to say, but the one most disappointing way for Cersei to die would be Arya. Especially with a new face.

Arya already got the NK. And already killed Walder Frey with a face.

If she kills Cersei this show has gone even more so, way too arya heavy.

It has to be a different killer this time.
Arya clearly should have died for there to be any reasonable continuing conflict, but Im sure all the characters will conveniently forget shes capable of doing this and never try.
Assuming that Arya can only grab the faces of dead people (argument on that has already taken place), killing Cersie would not be very easy. The Mountain is always with her (and is probably practically impossible for her to kill). And I assume the word is out by now that Arya can do this (after she outed herself to the Frey woman). Cersie is not going to let anybody she doesn't know within a 100 feet of her.
Is she not going to allow anyone she does know within 100 feet of anybody else? She would have to isolate herself totally. Arya could kill Euron easily, a wildcard who shes ****ing and doesnt know well, and assume his identity. Arya can be anybody, even people Cersei already knows.
I don't know about "easily." He's proven to be hard to kill already. And what is dead may never die, you know.
Agnzona
NukeAg10 said:

You mean besides the fact that a valeryian steel blade is what killed the NK? I know, pretty insignificant.

That was always a given. I'm talking about in the general battle.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
aTmAg
AG
JJxvi said:

aTmAg said:

JJxvi said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Sounds weird to say, but the one most disappointing way for Cersei to die would be Arya. Especially with a new face.

Arya clearly should have died for there to be any reasonable continuing conflict, but Im sure all the characters will conveniently forget shes capable of doing this and never try.
Assuming that Arya can only grab the faces of dead people (argument on that has already taken place), killing Cersie would not be very easy. The Mountain is always with her (and is probably practically impossible for her to kill). And I assume the word is out by now that Arya can do this (after she outed herself to the Frey woman). Cersie is not going to let anybody she doesn't know within a 100 feet of her.
Is she not going to allow anyone she does know within 100 feet of anybody else? She would have to isolate herself totally. Arya could kill Euron easily, a wildcard who shes ****ing and doesnt know well, and assume his identity. Arya can be anybody, even people Cersei already knows.
If you remember from the faceless season, you can't just kill somebody and take their face within 2 seconds and go kill their best friend. There is a process involved in taking a face. If somebody went missing for a couple days without explanation, she might catch on.

And now that the war in the north is over, she is going to be EXTRA vigilant. If I were her I wouldn't even allow Euron within 100 yards (unless she shows her his junk or something).
M.C. Swag
AG
You know what, never mind. I was just trying to explain a weakness of the episode.
JJxvi
AG
G Martin 87 said:

JJxvi said:

aTmAg said:

JJxvi said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I don't know about "easily." He's proven to be hard to kill already. And what is dead may never die, you know.
I was just picking the name of someone we know Cersei is interacting with currently. It could be Qyburn, or any of other number of advisors who could suddenly stab her without warning at the next planning meeting.
NukeAg10
AG
Agnzona said:

NukeAg10 said:

You mean besides the fact that a valeryian steel blade is what killed the NK? I know, pretty insignificant.

That was always a given. I'm talking about in the general battle.

I understand what you mean, but with the shear amount of wites I don't see how it could've been made out to be any more significant throughout the whole battle. They were completely overrun, and they did make a point to show that the dragon glass and valeryian steel swords were able to stop them in their tracks.
gigemJTH12
AG
bobinator said:

Arya having to take the face of someone Cersei trusts to kill her is operating under the assumption that Arya plans to survive the encounter. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be able to Leroy Jenkins her way to Cersei at this point.

Really? 20,000 mercenaries, a huge fortress, and the Mountain is why
Humorous Username
AG
Luke Smith said:

Guys, we need to talk about the things that REALLY matter like this:

I think Yahoo has given us a new leader on the list of first world problems.
aTmAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

You know what, never mind. I was just trying to explain a weakness of the episode.
That's fine. I'm just saying you are wasting your time arguing something that everybody already agrees with.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My three things:

1. I loved it. I could hardly breath and was texting with my wife (I am in Mexico on business, and she'e home with our 3 little girls) all the moments where I was like "AH" "WTF" "OH MY" "NOT LYANNA!!!" etc. My favorite part was Arya sneaking around the library and throat ripping that wight as she spun around the corner - pure awesome. Overall a 9.0 out of 10.0 (it was NOT too dark on my laptop or my iPad [on rewatch]; I can't wait to get home and watch it again snuggled up with the Mrs. on my 70" screen in the dark).

2. A better ending might have been the NK spinning around and catching Arya by the neck, and then Bran stabbing him with a dragonglass dagger in the back-midsection. Seeing him lunged out of his chair, saving his sister (momentarily dropping the 3ER character he's become to return to being a Stark of Winterfell and saving a family member) would have been pretty awesome. The way they did it was not bad, but I like my way better

3. I like that the NK and his army are defeated now and they still have to face Cersei at KL. The show is called Game of Thrones, not Jon vs the Others. And a Song of Ice and Fire probably has many meanings: 1) Living vs the dead, 2) Jon's origin story; 3) Jon and Dany's love story, 4) North vs South, etc. I am way more interested to know who will finally rule the Seven Kingdoms in the end, after the entire Game has been played (if anyone?).

Bonus - a question:
** With the NK gone and his army & magic overcome, will Winter end? Will the realm return to summer? Will it go back to normal annual seasons? I think Cersei will be tipped off that the North & Danaerys won the battle win the snow melts and the lands around KL go back to warm and sunny; so she's definitely prepared. Will we see the snow melting in the next episode as the Northern United Army licks its wounds, heals, and makes plans for the attack on KL?

bobinator
AG
She'd be able to sneak her way through the army and through the fortress. Remember she spent a while as a kid creeping around King's Landing.

I doubt this is what the show is going to do, I'm just saying I don't see any big plot mechanic reason why she couldn't sneak past everyone else and then throw a spear or something at Cersei. She showed two episodes ago how good she is at throwing knives.
bobinator
AG
Episode IV said:

Bonus - a question:
** With the NK gone and his army & magic overcome, will Winter end? Will the realm return to summer? Will it go back to normal annual seasons? I think Cersei will be tipped off that the North & Danaerys won the battle win the snow melts and the lands around KL go back to warm and sunny; so she's definitely prepared. Will we see the snow melting in the next episode as the Northern United Army licks its wounds, heals, and makes plans for the attack on KL?
I don't think so. They've mentioned the seasons before on the show. Winter comes even during times that aren't invasions from beyond the wall.
Madman
AG
Luke Smith said:

They owned slaves and have a history of extreme patriarchy. And they abuse animals especially horses.

They have to die.
bonfarr
AG
JJxvi said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Who is left on Arya's list? Cersei and the Hound right? She will kill Cersei and the Hound will be mortally wounded after winning Cleganebowl and Arya will complete the circle by stabbing him in the heart in a mercy killing like he taught her when he killed the old wounded man thus completing her list.
Willis
AG
I didn't think her killing the NK was out of nowhere. In the hall with the Hound and Melisandre, Melisandre says something to Arya about who she would kill and the color of their eyes. She said green eyes and blue eyes. When Melisandre said blue eyes and Arya runs out of the room my thought was Arya is either going to kill the NK or die trying to kill him based off of Melisandre saying she would kill "blue eyes."

As to the NK touching Arya and was does that mean for her given everyone else he touches turn to his side. My only question was does it have to be direct skin contact and did Arya have some kind of clothing around her neck to where there was no skin contact?

I am also in the camp that is glad it was not Jon Snow and some end of episode scene where the NK should kill him with ease but Jon some how pulls it off.
bobinator
AG
The Mountain is also on the list.
MW03
AG
Arya is pretty overpowered, but her only problem might be the faceless men. Is there anyone out there that would have put a contract out on her? It seemed like jaqen was pretty chill with her killing the waif and dipping out of braavos, so long as the many faced god was cool with it then he doesn't seem like the revenge type.

Then again, maybe they let her go so she could be part of the war against the Night King, and now that she's served her purposes they are going to come claim her. Or maybe they will say she owes the many faced god a death for killing the Night King, and make her kill Bran or die herself. Or maybe I'm just spitballing wildly.
CoachRTM
AG
There's no way they have Arya kill both the Night King and Cersei.

Also, Cersei is going to get at least one big "win" before she's taken down - the show will at least put the good guys winning in doubt at some point. I do like the theory of Cersei/ Mountain killing somebody and then revealing it was Arya trying to assassinate her. The internet would explode.
redline248
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Furlock Bones said:

did they show Arya alive after she killed the NK? i don't remember. could she still be dead or dying since he touched her? they gave her the NK king kill, but the way it feels now is that she could kill Cersei with ease.

That's kind of what I'm wondering. Everything we have seen the NK touch has turned into a WW or a zombie dragon, besides Bran whom he left his mark on. So is Arya screwed? Or does the fact that he was just reacting change anything?
  • We've seen him touch a baby with a special "nail under the eye," in a ritual of sorts, which I assume transfers the magic to create the Walker.
  • I don't think touching the dragon was different than raising the dead, except for maybe he needs more focus/magic/whatever to raise something that big. That was not the same as touching the living baby to turn it. It was already dead.
  • He touched Bran in a vision, not in real life, so I think that works different, too.
  • He grabbed Theon and nothing happened, except being impaled.

I don't think him simply touching anything is significant.

responding to a post 5 pages back, so, siap
aTmAg
AG
CoachRTM said:

Also, Cersei is going to get at least one big "win" before she's taken down - the show will at least put the good guys winning in doubt at some point. I do like the theory of Cersei/ Mountain killing somebody and then revealing it was Arya trying to assassinate her. The internet would explode.
My issue with that is the whole height thing. Let's say she pretends to be Qyburn. He looks to be a foot or more taller than her. So does she walk around like a short version of Qyburn that everybody can spot 10 miles away? Let's say the magic somehow allows her to grow to his size and be completely indistinguishable. Now what happens if she goes after Cersei with a knife and the Mountain kills her? If they pull of the Qyburn face to reveal a shorter Arya? Does she suddenly shrink like the Incredible Hulk turning back into David Banner? Seems like all of these possibilities go way off the lame scale.

If I were them, I would make it a face + voice thing only. That would limit who she could imitate and make them have to go after Cersei in a more conventional way (with fire breathing dragons for example). At best Arya could be an effective spy to get info for Jon and Dany.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm so sick of hearing about "Cleganebowl." Would love the producers have the two of them square off and the Mountain cuts the Hound in half in the first 2 seconds.
bobinator
AG
I'm kind of waiting for them to square off and be about to fight only for Arya to spear the Mountain in the back like the Sand Snakes did with Trystane.
bobinator
AG
You're worried about Arya being the right size after she's dead? Who cares? They'd only need to show her face.
CoachRTM
AG
aTmAg said:

CoachRTM said:

My issue with that is the whole height thing. Let's say she pretends to be Qyburn. He looks to be a foot or more taller than her. So does she walk around like a short version of Qyburn that everybody can spot 10 miles away? Let's say the magic somehow allows her to grow to his size and be completely indistinguishable. Now what happens if she goes after Cersei with a knife and the Mountain kills her? If they pull of the Qyburn face to reveal a shorter Arya? Does she suddenly shrink like the Incredible Hulk turning back into David Banner? Seems like all of these possibilities go way off the lame scale.

If I were them, I would make it a face + voice thing only. That would limit who she could imitate and make them have to go after Cersei in a more conventional way (with fire breathing dragons for example). At best Arya could be an effective spy to get info for Jon and Dany.
I just assume it's "magic" that putting on the face makes her appear and sound exactly like the person who's face she's wearing. Height, weight, whatever.

We're talking about a show with dragons, magic fire witches, direwolves, dead people being brought back to life.... at some point you just enjoy the show and ignore the "magic" and what questions it might raise.
aTmAg
AG
bobinator said:

You're worried about Arya being the right size after she's dead? Who cares? They'd only need to show her face.
It would be a plot hole that nobody could get over. If you think Dany flying a dragon across the continent at mach 3 is bad, wait until they show a 6 foot tall man get killed, then the next shot it's a short girl wearing smaller clothing, shoes, etc.
MW03
AG
Is Dorne done, or are they going to be coming for Ellaria in the black cells?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm so sick of hearing about "Cleganebowl." Would love the producers have the two of them square off and the Mountain cuts the Hound in half in the first 2 seconds.
So you want the showdown that they have openly teased in the series before to be short and anticlimactic just to spite the fans?
aTmAg
AG
CoachRTM said:

aTmAg said:

CoachRTM said:

I just assume it's "magic" that putting on the face makes her appear and sound exactly like the person who's face she's wearing. Height, weight, whatever.

We're talking about a show with dragons, magic fire witches, direwolves, dead people being brought back to life.... at some point you just enjoy the show and ignore the "magic" and what questions it might raise.
If I were writing this, I would assume the face only applies to face and voice. And I would limit Arya's superpowers for the fight against Cersie. Just to make sure it doesn't become lame.
Madman
AG
I have always assumed Arya's training included some actual magic. The taking and the preperation of the face is just part of the spell.

Something to the effect of the magic enhancing the appearance of the user or dumbing down the onlooker for a period of time.

So height, voice, ect could be achieved.

wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Arya needs to be killed.
Well they've definitely let Sansa and her become way over confident in their abilities. They both think they are better than everyone else in every decision.
wangus12
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

bobinator said:

Really? 20,000 mercenaries, a huge fortress, and the Mountain is why
If she can sneak into the little drum circle without any WW noticing and kill the NK, she should have no problem disguising as a house servant to get into the Red Keep.
Urban Ag
AG
Madman said:

Luke Smith said:

They owned slaves and have a history of extreme patriarchy. And they abuse animals especially horses.

They have to die.
Please keep your Islamophobia off the Entertainment Board

First Page Last Page
Page 205 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.