****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,254 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't you play any episode through HBO now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dinklage and the show both took home Emmys last night.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Went to the Game of Thrones Live in Dallas, and it was pretty cool.

Ramin Djawadi is a musical genius. Really excited for the new season

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Agnzona said:

Are you all rewatching on laptop/tablets? I want to rewatch it all before season 8 but I'd prefer to watch it on a big TV. Will HBO binge play them all?

poster above made some recs...but also....

Even if you don't have a stick or apple tv if you simply have a laptop you can stream on HBO Go with your cable credentials and just connect the laptop to the TV usually (many laptops have HDMI connections).

But yeah most providers also have On Demand for many HBO shows check that first.

another option - find a friend who owns them digitally or on Blu-Ray.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Can't you play any episode through HBO now?

That's HBO Go - the cable subscriber interface using credentials free with any HBO cable subscription.

HBO Now is the streaming subscriber which you have to pay for separately if you do not have cable sub.

I think his issue primarily though was getting that to the TV - some people don't have a device for that purpose still.

wangus12
AG
When was that!?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The one in Dallas was this past Sunday (the one I went to). Houston was last night and Austin is tonight

https://www.gameofthronesconcert.com/
saltydog13
AG
For some reason I can't watch them on demand with directv despite having hbo. It'll want to charge me $17 for a subscription, so I have to set the DVR to record them as they play or just watch it through my Xbox with HBO Go
oragator
Got tourism is wrecking a real place.

http://www.traveller.com.au/dubrovnik-croatia-game-of-thrones-town-is-being-ruined-by-too-many-tourists-h15rwe
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

POSSIBLE SPOILER

WARNING DO NOT CLICK AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT A SPOILER

don't even roll your mouse over the blacked out text.....

LAST WARNING

the blacked out text only explains what the spoiler pertains to... not the spoiler itself then you can decide.

spoiler link below indicates the presence of a character or characters in Season 8 - that is all.

IMHO it is not a huge spoiler at all but cannot be too careful on here - people are sensitive.

It is also more than a month old - but I just saw it and had not seen it on here.

SPOILER LINK
Agnzona
I think the majority of characters will die. Of the top 15 I'd guess no more than 3-4 live.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Liquid Wrench
oragator said:

Got tourism is wrecking a real place.

http://www.traveller.com.au/dubrovnik-croatia-game-of-thrones-town-is-being-ruined-by-too-many-tourists-h15rwe
I'm worried the same thing could happen to the town of Coushatta, Louisiana after last night's Better Call Saul.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
That's not what this was about - I guess you didn't read it so that's cool.
wangus12
AG
Other spoilers are starting to drop as well about some main characters so beware
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Placeholder...

?quality=90&lb=620,413&background=white
Belton Ag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

POSSIBLE SPOILER

WARNING DO NOT CLICK AND THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT A SPOILER

don't even roll your mouse over the blacked out text.....

LAST WARNING

the blacked out text only explains what the spoiler pertains to... not the spoiler itself then you can decide.

spoiler link below indicates the presence of a character or characters in Season 8 - that is all.

IMHO it is not a huge spoiler at all but cannot be too careful on here - people are sensitive.

It is also more than a month old - but I just saw it and had not seen it on here.

SPOILER LINK

So I read that article and the one overriding question I have is this: I wonder if Emilia Clarke needs a fishin' buddy?
wangus12
AG
The Youtube Channel just started posting some videos.

April 2019

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice! Was not expecting April. I was thinking June at best.

When are we getting a damn trailer?
TXAG14
duck79
AG
duck79
AG
Spoiler

I apologize if this has been discussed. Evidently the actor of The Night King revealed that in the 3rd episode there is an hour long battle that took 55 days to film. For reference the Battle of the *******s took 25 days to film
wangus12
AG
New teaser trailer is out there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A doubly bad post.

1. Already posted.
2. Not bothering to post it yourself.
wangus12
AG
I'm on my phone and media isn't showing up on the thread.
Malcolm52
AG
Is this the final season?
Noblemen06
AG
Malcolm52 said:

Is this the final season?
wangus12
AG
Apache
AG
Weak. Ice & Fire coming together with some house symbols being overtaken isn't a teaser. It is known.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
less season 8 and more GoT in general but was the budget and scope of HBO's adaption of GoT groundbreaking? I feel Rome and Deadwood seemed impressive with details and stages but not as much as GoT became. Just wondering if anyone knows.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bearamedic99 said:

less season 8 and more GoT in general but was the budget and scope of HBO's adaption of GoT groundbreaking? I feel Rome and Deadwood seemed impressive with details and stages but not as much as GoT became. Just wondering if anyone knows.

oddly not really. not until this final season anyway.

Friends was the first to break the $10 million per episode barrier. And those were 26 episodes seasons. So overall GOT does not even come close with just 10 episode seasons and 6 for the last season.

GOT hit that about season 4 as I recall with their first $100 million 10 episode season. Season 1 was $60 million for 10 episodes.

But other shows like ER $13M and Big Bang Theory $9M had huge budgets too. The biggest difference is most of those were primarily based on the actors salaries whereas GOT was mostly on production elements (sets, locations, effects, etc.). But now the salaries of some of the big names in GOT have gotten up there. but they did a good job of locking many of them in for multiple seasons.

GOT this season is setting a new level at $15 million per episode for 6 episodes.

Rome was about $9 million per episode by comparison and Deadwood was only $4.5 million per episode. but it lasted only 3 seasons. Boardwalk Empire was $5M.
aTmAg
AG
I haven't been reading this thread, but anybody else wonder how the hell they can wrap this whole thing up in only 6 episodes? They spent 7 long seasons warning that winter is coming, and now that winter is here, they only dedicate 6 episodes to it. I'm afraid it will be like the last season of Rome all over again.
Swarely
Aren't the runtimes like an hour and a half per episode? That means it will have six films essentially to wrap up the story
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Yes supposedly about 1.5 hours each. So effectively about 9 episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently GoT was the most watched show on demand in 2018. And there wasn't even a new season.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.