****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,865 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
A friend of mine posted that a few weeks ago. There are some terrible bets on there.
Stive
AG
Dany is getting worse odds than Bran?

Gendry?

Arya is getting the same odds as the Night King?!?
M.C. Swag
AG
Am i the only one who doesnt like people posting those odds without spoiler tags? I mean, the series finished filming almost a year ago and there have certainly been plot leaks in the past. Couldn't these odds be a form of spoiler?
Madmarttigan
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Am i the only one who doesnt like people posting those odds without spoiler tags? I mean, the series finished filming almost a year ago and there have certainly been plot leaks in the past. Couldn't these odds be a form of spoiler?

Yes you are the only one. Wgaf
Formerly tv1113
M.C. Swag
AG
tv1113 said:

M.C. Swag said:

who gives a *****about the possibility of spoiling the ending to one of the most beloved shows in television history? Why do you feel the need to be a complete dick?
TCTTS
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw that a few weeks back and am confused by the lack of Brienne of Tarth.
CoachRTM
AG

TCTTS said:

I've been secretly rooting for the Night King for a while now. Glad to see his odds are up there.

- I think the most likely scenario is either Jon or Daenerys ending up on the throne with the other being killed.
Madmarttigan
AG
Because at some point all of the spoiler garbage on this board gets to be ridiculous.
Formerly tv1113
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

tv1113 said:

M.C. Swag said:

who gives a *****about the possibility of spoiling the ending to one of the most beloved shows in television history? Why do you feel the need to be a complete dick?

do you think betting odds ruin football games?

or do you think Jon isn't the prohibitive favorite and that's because of a leak?

The Lost
M.C. Swag said:

yes, you're the only one.

AtlAg05
AG
aTmAg said:

I haven't been reading this thread, but anybody else wonder how the hell they can wrap this whole thing up in only 6 episodes? They spent 7 long seasons warning that winter is coming, and now that winter is here, they only dedicate 6 episodes to it. I'm afraid it will be like the last season of Rome all over again.

Easy, kill that character and you don't have to tie up any loose ends.

Howland Reed appears and as he starts to speak he gets eaten by the ice dragon. Just let me know if you need any help GRR Martin.
M.C. Swag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

M.C. Swag said:

tv1113 said:

M.C. Swag said:

do you think betting odds ruin football games?

Lol not even close to the same thing but fine I'll bow to the majority and King TCTTS.
M.C. Swag
AG
Charming as always
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Actual footage.
wangus12
AG
The Royal Couple has arrived lol
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Al Bula
AG
Barry
Watchmen
GoT
True Detective

Not necessarily in that order. Damn.
Urban Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

I haven't been reading this thread, but anybody else wonder how the hell they can wrap this whole thing up in only 6 episodes? They spent 7 long seasons warning that winter is coming, and now that winter is here, they only dedicate 6 episodes to it. I'm afraid it will be like the last season of Rome all over again.
Honestly there is not much left to cover.

Littlefinger started the Game of Thrones. He's dead.

Varis and Tyrion have essentially played out their hands. There is pretty much nothing left for them to contribute to the plot.

The Wight Walkers are south of the wall. Dany/Jon and what armies they can muster will engage. I give it a 99% certainty that they win but at a huge cost.

They will then march south and Jamie will kill his sister, and die in the process.

Jon Targaryeon will sit the Iron Throne.

The End.
wangus12
AG
And even though its only 6 episodes, its been speculated & pretty much confirmed that these episodes are way longer in length than your typical hour long episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

No chance.
Urban Ag
AG
I also think it's going to shock people how few characters die. Calling my shot now on the final season dead pool.

Dany
Grey Worm
Jorah
Beric
Melisandre
Tyrion
Jamie
Cercei
Ser Gregor
Qyburn
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spitballing a few likely scenarios:

• A knocked-up Dany rules, Jon dies in the war. Their baby is Azor Ahai.
  • D+J die. Tyrion rules Westeros, Sansa is Queen in the North.
  • Pyrrhic victory; Iron Throne is done away with; Kingdoms choose their own rulers.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

No chance.

Agreed but I bet he fathers a trueblood Targaryen heir. At least knocks her up.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

No chance.
We shall see Spilner.

One thing I have learned about GRRM over the years is that while his writings (especially GOT) are very complex, they also tend to make readers (and viewers) believe there is more to it than there is.

Dany will not rule Westeros. She is the prince(princess) that was promised. Long Claw is Lightbringer. But we won't know that until Dany wields it. Dany's entire character was always to right the wrongs the Targaryeon's brought upon Westeros. Dany came to Westeros to save it, not conquer it.

Jon is literally Fire and Ice. He will become the unwilling king. Sansa will remain the Lady of Winterfell. Brienne will become the Regent of Casterly Rock carrying Jamie's child. Varys, Missandie, and Davos will be Jon's trusted advisors. It's gonna happen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
JABQ04
AG
I'm assuming the Army of the Dead over runs all of Westeros. Last scene is the Night King ascending the steps to the Iron Throne.
Urban Ag
AG
Oh there is no happy ending.

Dany and Jamie's deaths are going to be Kleenex inducing.

Tyrion is not going to make it.

Beric told Jon he would find little joy in this world. And he won't. Dany will die and Jon will sit the Iron Throne alone and brooding.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It is pretty amazing how they've made us all do a 180 on Jamie.

When he was charging Dany and her dragon, I was honestly conflicted for a second. My love for Dany won out in the end, but I was genuinely sad for Jamie's impending death.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

No chance.
We shall see Spilner.

One thing I have learned about GRRM over the years is that while his writings (especially GOT) are very complex, they also tend to make readers (and viewers) believe there is more to it than there is.

Dany will not rule Westeros. She is the prince(princess) that was promised. Long Claw is Lightbringer. But we won't know that until Dany wields it. Dany's entire character was always to right the wrongs the Targaryeon's brought upon Westeros. Dany came to Westeros to save it, not conquer it.

Jon is literally Fire and Ice. He will become the unwilling king. Sansa will remain the Lady of Winterfell. Brienne will become the Regent of Casterly Rock carrying Jamie's child. Varys, Missandie, and Davos will be Jon's trusted advisors. It's gonna happen.

Well you've got a lot of competing issues here - is this GRRMs story or not? Is it the HBO writer's story now and will go a different way?

And there is of course the original pitch by GRRM in which the named survivors were - Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Arya and Bran.

I'm going with that in lieu of anything else, writers tend to stay true to their original intent. Notice Sansa is missing in particular. But that again assumes GRRMs ending is intact.

It has ALWAYS been the story of underdogs against improbable odds to me - since I read the first book - and thats Dany (a woman and exiled) Jon (a ******* at least they thought) and Tyrion (a dwarf and the shame of his own family). While I think those three rule in some fashion (perhaps a 3 way split, perhaps D+J and T as a third shareholder/tiebreaker vote running only Casterly Rock) Bran and Arya still have a part to contribute in how it plays out. and to a lesser degree they are underdogs as well Bran became a cripple, and Arya was a girl child left on her own to survive.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
JABQ04 said:

I'm assuming the Army of the Dead over runs all of Westeros. Last scene is the Night King ascending the steps to the Iron Throne.

GRRM has repeatedly said he was aiming for a bittersweet ending - like LOTR.

I don't think an ending with the NK ruling is bittersweet. More likely lots of sacrifices in order to defeat the NK and AotD and nothing is the same ever again.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
deja vu

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It is pretty amazing how they've made us all do a 180 on Jamie.

When he was charging Dany and her dragon, I was honestly conflicted for a second. My love for Dany won out in the end, but I was genuinely sad for Jamie's impending death.
Jamie is my favorite character because of how my opinion of him has changed.
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.