****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,397 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

At least for the TV show, it was about making the Lannisters look weak. Not a book reader but I would assume that's a lot more to it than that.

Wait, didn't you just answer somebody that asked whether it was worth it to read the books?

Am I misunderstanding what you mean by "not a book reader"?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
HBO orders GOT prequel pilot.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-prequel-pilot-lands-at-hbo-george-rr-martin-jane-goldman-1118513
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Westworld is over.

Let's get the HYPE started.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!
I could $#&$% my wife and have a kid in that time.
homebuildingag
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!

Then get to it!

The child shall then be named Khaleesi or John!
Farmer1906
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!

Unlikely
SeattleAgJr
Farmer1906 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!

Unlikely
challenge accepted!
SeattleAgJr
homebuildingag said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!

Then get to it!

john is the middle name
Goose06
AG
Going through a rewatch... in season 2 episode 7, Theon is out with the hounds looking for Bran and Rickon. He tells the maester that he's going to kill them if he doesn't find them soon then backs off and implies torture instead. Then he laughs and jokes that it's just a game. Found it to be interesting foreshadowing.
Goose06
AG
Later in the same episode he tells the maester that if he doesn't find the boys he'll be treated as a fool and a eunuch by his own people. More foreshadowing... when you pay attention closely in a rewatch there tends to be lots of this.
Urban Ag
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

homebuildingag said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!

Then get to it!

john is the middle name
Go big buddy

EDDARD

and for Aggie points, my second son's initials are TAMU. We gave him two middle names to get there. His social security card is a cluster.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Also going through a re-watch right now. I'd highly recommend a 2nd viewing of this prior to the final season being released.

I'm catching a lot of things I didn't the first time.
SeattleAgJr
Urban Ag said:

SeattleAgJr said:

homebuildingag said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Westworld is over.

only 9-12 months to go!

Then get to it!

john is the middle name
Go big buddy

EDDARD

and for Aggie points, my second son's initials are TAMU. We gave him two middle names to get there. His social security card is a cluster.
I look forward to the news he choses to go to another university.....
SeattleAgJr
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Also going through a re-watch right now. I'd highly recommend a 2nd viewing of this prior to the final season being released.

I'm catching a lot of things I didn't the first time.
you have 9 months, at least.
Urban Ag
AG
We win either way

Goose06
AG
In season 3, episode 1 when robb marries talisa, why did they have a ceremony that honored the new gods? In the show, Talisa is from Volantis I thought? In the books she is from the westerlands I believe, and that would make sense. But in the show, I would have thought either honoring the old gods or the lord of light would make more sense given her and Robb's heritage.
WoMD
Goose06 said:

In season 3, episode 1 when robb marries talisa, why did they have a ceremony that honored the new gods? In the show, Talisa is from Volantis I thought? In the books she is from the westerlands I believe, and that would make sense. But in the show, I would have thought either honoring the old gods or the lord of light would make more sense given her and Robb's heritage.

His mom did the new gods thing. And you always try to make good with your new mother in law. And Robb was a mommas boy.
bearamedic99
AG
because the tv show is not as good as the books
-a nerd
BCG Disciple
AG
I've never re-watched an episode until the last two months. Just wrapped up re-watching the series. It is better than I remember it. So much depth and character development allowed the 6th and 7th season to hit the gas.

Biggest surprise that I missed the first time around was in the hold the door episode. The Bravosi actress playing Sansa had t*ts that where absolutely majestic. Not sure what I was doing during the original airing to miss it, but those things were amazing. It is a rare thing in life to see such a set (which is probably a 3-5 year period for the most perfectly endowed females). Like catching a corpse flower bloom.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BCG Disciple said:

I've never re-watched an episode until the last two months. Just wrapped up re-watching the series. It is better than I remember it. So much depth and character development allowed the 6th and 7th season to hit the gas.

Biggest surprise that I missed the first time around was in the hold the door episode. The Bravosi actress playing Sansa had t*ts that where absolutely majestic. Not sure what I was doing during the original airing to miss it, but those things were amazing. It is a rare thing in life to see such a set (which is probably a 3-5 year period for the most perfectly endowed females). Like catching a corpse flower bloom.

Eline Powell

Google (nude)....you're welcome

Goose06
AG
Rewatching season 3. In episode 7 the red woman is naked in the bath and not wearing her necklace. Thank god the glamour still worked regardless on this episode.
c-jags
We're actually rewatching as well. On a non nudity note (you're all going to hell) I totally missed that Varys was keeping the guy castrated him in a box. I was all what the heck and my wife totally remembered that.
Goose06
AG
c-jags said:

We're actually rewatching as well. On a non nudity note (you're all going to hell) I totally missed that Varys was keeping the guy castrated him in a box. I was all what the heck and my wife totally remembered that.
I seem to remember that being a bigger deal in the books. Was there only one scene about it in the show I guess?
Seven Costanza
AG
c-jags said:

I had to look up this scene. I have no recollection of it whatsoever.
Wes97
Urban Ag
AG
Seven Costanza said:

c-jags said:

Really? It was not in the books but in the series it served the purpose of Varys making Tyrion truly understand that he was always playing the long game.
c-jags
Urban Ag said:

Seven Costanza said:

c-jags said:

Really? It was not in the books but in the series it served the purpose of Varys making Tyrion truly understand that he was always playing the long game.

I'm a book reader and I don't remember it being in there. I did feel it was a friendly warning to Tyrion about how deep Varys' game went.
Goose06
AG
Urban Ag said:

Seven Costanza said:

c-jags said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the books talked a lot more about Varys and the sorcerer. Maybe they never talked about Varys tracking him down and torturing him?
Al Bula
AG
Is the premiere date April 14? Saw some stuff on social media but could be fake.
Robert C. Christian
AG
RPM said:

Is the premiere date April 14? Saw some stuff on social media but could be fake.

Nothing confirmed yet. Check out TCTTS' HBO Program Release thread.
HoustonAg12
AG
I read an article yesterday that they had push back the release but based on comments from the director of the show will not be eligible for next year's awards which means at least half of the show will have to be after May 31, but the director also said the show was still to air in the First half of the year which would be before May 31 therefore with only 6 episodes it leaves the only two possible weekends for the premiere the last two weeks in May
G Martin 87
AG
Impressively sparse use of punctuation.
Agnzona
Are you all rewatching on laptop/tablets? I want to rewatch it all before season 8 but I'd prefer to watch it on a big TV. Will HBO binge play them all?
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Goose06
AG
Agnzona said:

Are you all rewatching on laptop/tablets? I want to rewatch it all before season 8 but I'd prefer to watch it on a big TV. Will HBO binge play them all?

I can download them on my dish receiver on demand. Also if you have an Apple TV, roku, chrome cast or some other similar device you can use hbogo to watch on your tv.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.