****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,051,669 Views | 14590 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StringerBell said:

maybe sansa's attitude is reflective of the broader opinion of the north which might demonstrate that they're not taking the night king seriously enough.

its just hard to believe that people are *****ing about titles when death is beating down their door.
Personally, I think that's the most believable part of this show. Our modern world is a perfect example of this, except it's not titles we're *****ing about.
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the entire episode served 2 purposes:

1) Reunion time! check boxes off quickly so the emotional viewers can get into their feels

2) Re-set the deck for the final few episodes and get the storylines running.

So I think they probably realize they don't have time to slowly ease into any Dany/Sansa drama and just sped it up. But I also think the whole power struggle is going to be a main storyline, especially when the fighting begins and people stop dying.

I think they'll stay pretty simple with it, have a few "you didn't trust me, now you do" moments combined with a couple folks taking the ultimate sacrifice and then most of the protagonists die heroes or pave the way for whoever ends on top.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

Sansa is a brat to everyone. Gets to Kings Landing, gets humbled in a terrible way by Joffery. Reforms.

Escapes Kings Landing, is a brat to everyone except Littlefinger (including Brianne). Gets to Winterfell, gets humbled in a terrible way by Ramsey. Reforms.

Takes back Winterfell, is a brat to everyone. Sniffs out Littlefinger this time before being humbled, but still reforms.

In one scene, she's apologizing to Jon for being terrible, the next she's all jealous he's the King. Then she trusts him and takes over Winterfell so he can go get allies. He comes back with a massive army and dragons, and she's a brat again.

It's exhausting.
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StringerBell said:

maybe sansa's attitude is reflective of the broader opinion of the north which might demonstrate that they're not taking the night king seriously enough.

its just hard to believe that people are *****ing about titles when death is beating down their door.
I think this exactly describes the current situation at Winterfell, and all of these grumps will change their tune quickly and forget all about whether or not Daeny should be their queen about 1 second after the white walkers and their army appear on their doorstep.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

The Bad:
Theon's rescue of Yara with Kraken Team 6 (hilarious term I read on a show re-cap article). Felt way too rushed, but I'm glad they at least got it out of the way.

While true, given the limited number of episodes we have to work with I would have taken the quick resolution to allow for the things in Winterfell to play out over the next few episodes rather than take away from that.
Quote:

Sam finding out about his father/brother's death and then running to Jon to tell him about his parentage was a weird transition sequence.

I hadn't given it much thought, but that's true. But, i think it just reaffirms where Sam's loyalty lies. Jon has built most of everything off respect, which differs from Dany building things through might/strength.

I'm pretty sure they're driving Dany and Jon to have that conflict of how to build/unite the kingdom, and I think that's possibly how Jon's claim will come out. Though Sam having told Jon is now in a tenuous position, and if Dany does anything to Sam that's just going to piss Jon off.
WelchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
StringerBell said:

maybe sansa's attitude is reflective of the broader opinion of the north which might demonstrate that they're not taking the night king seriously enough.

its just hard to believe that people are *****ing about titles when death is beating down their door.
Only a handful of people have seen them. Hard to surrender your homeland based on hearsay.
Trident 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a link to a blog that summarizes every GoT episode:

GoT Scorecards
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

MW03 said:

Sansa is a brat to everyone. Gets to Kings Landing, gets humbled in a terrible way by Joffery. Reforms.

Escapes Kings Landing, is a brat to everyone except Littlefinger (including Brianne). Gets to Winterfell, gets humbled in a terrible way by Ramsey. Reforms.

Takes back Winterfell, is a brat to everyone. Sniffs out Littlefinger this time before being humbled, but still reforms.

In one scene, she's apologizing to Jon for being terrible, the next she's all jealous he's the King. Then she trusts him and takes over Winterfell so he can go get allies. He comes back with a massive army and dragons, and she's a brat again.

It's exhausting.


That's ****ing perfect!
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

MW03 said:

Sansa is a brat to everyone. Gets to Kings Landing, gets humbled in a terrible way by Joffery. Reforms.

Escapes Kings Landing, is a brat to everyone except Littlefinger (including Brianne). Gets to Winterfell, gets humbled in a terrible way by Ramsey. Reforms.

Takes back Winterfell, is a brat to everyone. Sniffs out Littlefinger this time before being humbled, but still reforms.

In one scene, she's apologizing to Jon for being terrible, the next she's all jealous he's the King. Then she trusts him and takes over Winterfell so he can go get allies. He comes back with a massive army and dragons, and she's a brat again.

It's exhausting.


That's ****ing perfect!
It really is
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WelchAg said:

StringerBell said:

maybe sansa's attitude is reflective of the broader opinion of the north which might demonstrate that they're not taking the night king seriously enough.

its just hard to believe that people are *****ing about titles when death is beating down their door.
Only a handful of people have seen them. Hard to surrender your homeland based on hearsay.
people can't get why the Northerners don't like Daenerys, but they haven't seen what we've seen. All they have are memories of the former Targaryens and most recently burning Starks alive
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bran at the beginning of the episode: We don't have time for this.

*Bran proceeds to sit in one spot the rest of the episode*
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bran waiting.

SAtxag16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great stuff MC Swag.

Completely agree on that Arya-Sansa quote. How the hell is Sansa the smartest person she's ever met? Arya herself is significantly smarter than Sansa lol.
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Samwell: My dog, Pongo?
Daenerys: Run over by a carriage.
Samwell: My goldfish, Goldie?
Daenerys: Eaten by the cat.
Samwell: My cat?
Daenerys: Choked on the goldfish.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's safe to say that Sansa is up to some **** that we're going to find out about soon.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just saying, look at it from Sansa's perspective. She's probably thinking, "I didn't put up with Littlefinger and Ramsay f-ing Bolton to get Winterfell back just so you could bend the knee to a Targaryen."
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I missed some of this stuff. I gotta watch the episode again. I watched it at a GoT party, and it was like watching Happy Days when Chachi entered the room. Every time some new dude would walk in, the women in the room would scream and I couldn't hear what the hell they were saying.
Sports-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Totally didn't realize the Greyjoy that got shot through the eye was Rob Mcelhenney.


Didn't believe you until I googled it.

http://instagr.am/p/BwQqjwpn_gf
JRC0811
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
canadiaggie said:

JRC0811 said:

Anyone else think the dialogue continues to go downhill since they left the source material behind?
There are moments, but there are also some nice gems. This episode wasn't thrilling but it did feature a bunch of excellent lines, like Daenerys mirroring Ygritte, Varys' "respect-young people-nothing lasts" lines, Bran "I'm waiting for an old friend" and pretty much everything that came out of Sam's mouth
You're right, there are a few parts with excellent lines. Dany and Jon's dialogue is probably my biggest gripe, but what we saw tonight from Sam was some great acting.

My main hope is Tyrion gets off the sidelines like it's felt the last half of the season and last night and we get some excellent scenes with him and Jaime.
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I'm just saying, look at it from Sansa's perspective. She's probably thinking, "I didn't put up with Littlefinger and Ramsay f-ing Bolton to get Winterfell back just so you could bend the knee to a Targaryen."
Littlefinger personally screwed her over bigtime. From getting her dad killed, starting the war that killed her brother, mother, and much of the family.. the whole Ramsey thing, etc. Dany herself hasn't done squat to her or any of the starks (except Bone Jon Snow).
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
isn't that the 2nd time he's made a cameo in GoT, or was the first one just a doppleganger that he had to disprove? I can't remember.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sam's all like

aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, the other one in the scene was Martin Starr of Freaks & Geeks, Party Down, Silicon Valley (and a lot of Apatow movies) fame.


Edit: atm beat me to it.
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Sansa always gets out of these sticky situations, so maybe she is smart
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

Joseph Parrish said:

MW03 said:

Best acting award for SE8 EP1 goes to Samewell Tarley. Big fan of how he played the scene in the library learning his dad was dead compared to his brother being dead.
He said he had 3 hours of camera time before GOT. He's good.
It's like Jesse in Breaking Bad. He never had any acting experience prior.


You are mistaken.
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Swarely said:

Quick and dirty meme I made with pictures taken of my tv


$20 says that's Bran warging as Drogon
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really wish you had gone with the full quote.
Sarduakar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Motivations of primary characters???

Jon: Saving Humanity
Dany: Getting the throne.
Arya: the list
Sansa: Not losing control to those she doesnt trust.
Bran: who the hell knows.? Understanding?
Tyrion: ????? Saving himself AND Humanity?
Theon: redeeming himself in front of the Starks
Jaime: Bettering himself.
Euron: Doing Cersei, impregnating her.
Cersei: Protecting her next child
Tormund: getting Brienne
Brienne: Protecting Sansa and Ayra.
Hound: Killing the mountain? Or just killing ?
Sam: Helping Jon
Jorah: Helping Dany.
Bronn: A Castle.

redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTmAg said:

redline248 said:

I'm just saying, look at it from Sansa's perspective. She's probably thinking, "I didn't put up with Littlefinger and Ramsay f-ing Bolton to get Winterfell back just so you could bend the knee to a Targaryen."
Littlefinger personally screwed her over bigtime. From getting her dad killed, starting the war that killed her brother, mother, and much of the family.. the whole Ramsey thing, etc. Dany herself hasn't done squat to her or any of the starks (except Bone Jon Snow).



No, but my point is it's more about not wanting to give up control of Winterfell/the North after losing so much on the way to getting it back.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:


$20 says that's Bran warging as Drogon
We can see in the eyes when he's warging right?
kraut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sarduakar said:

Motivations of primary characters???

Jon: Saving Humanity
Dany: Getting the throne.
Arya: the list
Sansa: Not losing control to those she doesnt trust.
Bran: who the hell knows.? Understanding?
Tyrion: ????? Saving himself AND Humanity?
Theon: redeeming himself in front of the Starks
Jaime: Bettering himself.
Euron: Doing Cersei, impregnating her.
Cersei: Protecting her next child
Tormund: getting Brienne
Brienne: Protecting Sansa and Ayra.
Hound: Killing the mountain? Or just killing ?
Sam: Helping Jon
Jorah: Helping Dany.
Bronn: A Castle.


So Night King...?
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sarduakar said:

Motivations of primary characters???

Jon: Saving Humanity
Dany: Getting the throne.
Arya: the list
Sansa: Not losing control to those she doesnt trust.
Bran: who the hell knows.? Understanding?
Tyrion: ????? Saving himself AND Humanity?
Theon: redeeming himself in front of the Starks
Jaime: Bettering himself.
Euron: Doing Cersei, impregnating her.
Cersei: Protecting her next child
Tormund: getting Brienne
Brienne: Protecting Sansa and Ayra.
Hound: Killing the mountain? Or just killing ?
Sam: Helping Jon
Jorah: Helping Dany.
Bronn: A Castle.


I don't know if Arya is motivated by the list as much, anymore. She opted to go home instead of to King's Landing.
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ed Sheeran has the wrong cameo
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

So Night King...?
I would guess, initially, it was revenge on the Children. Now? Maybe he's an ancient Stark they captured and he just wants to go home. no friggin clue. Is he just evil incarnate and has no goal other than the destruction of humanity?
Page 84 of 417
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.