****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,472 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Mayor West
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheDraw said:

Bran at the beginning of the episode: We don't have time for this.

*Bran proceeds to sit in one spot the rest of the episode*

ChipFTAC01
AG
What affect is the dragon glass supposed to have on the wights? Do we know that? Because IIRC we've only seen dragon glass used by sam on a WW. And Jon used his Valariyan steel on a WW. But at hardhome they managed to kill the wights just fine with regular swords. It just didn't kill them proper.
M.C. Swag
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

What affect is the dragon glass supposed to have on the wights? Do we know that? Because IIRC we've only seen dragon glass used by sam on a WW. And Jon used his Valariyan steel on a WW. But at hardhome they managed to kill the wights just fine with regular swords. It just didn't kill them proper.
Jon used a dragonglass dagger to kill the wight they brought to Cersei.
bobinator
AG
redline248 said:

Is he just evil incarnate and has no goal other than the destruction of humanity?
I'm reasonably confident that's not the case at this point.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Also, the other one in the scene was Martin Starr of Freaks & Geeks, Party Down, Silicon Valley (and a lot of Apatow movies) fame.

Edit: atm beat me to it.

that's awesome went so fast i had no clue - i actually thought well those are nobodies they're dead (like red shirt guys on ST).

ja86
AG
Dragon glass killed the wight at the kings landing meeting.
jboog
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

So Night King...?
I would guess, initially, it was revenge on the Children. Now? Maybe he's an ancient Stark they captured and he just wants to go home. no friggin clue. Is he just evil incarnate and has no goal other than the destruction of humanity?
At this point I think he is more likely an ancient Targaryen than Stark.
Quinn
AG
wangus12 said:

Sam's all like

Except the opposite.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sarduakar said:

Theon: redeeming himself in front of the Starks

With that said, Theon has to die on the battlefield saving a Stark. He doesn't have much left to prove at this point. He at least has earned some respect back from the Ironborn saving his sister.
Bunk Moreland
Theon definitely is a leading favorite for "die a hero" status
EFE
AG
So the spiral symbolism is connected to Weir woods and the dead body circles. The weir wood is basically Bran's modem port to the greater Weir wood web. And the way the Umber boy woke up and then started screeching like the wight they stole and took south makes me think that he was set up like an alarm/WiFi hot spot system to let the Night king know what was going on in behind him. Also have a theory on the NK ranging south to plant more Weir wood trees, and that somehow they grow from the graves of martyrs, but I don't have fully fleshed out yet.
TyHolden
AG
Jon and his dire wolf will kill the night king...bet the fam
redline248
AG
SAtxag16 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

So Night King...?
I would guess, initially, it was revenge on the Children. Now? Maybe he's an ancient Stark they captured and he just wants to go home. no friggin clue. Is he just evil incarnate and has no goal other than the destruction of humanity?
Someone pointed out before, the Targaryens only came to Westeros ~300 years prior to the events we're watching. The NK was created from one of the First Men by the Children of the Forest thousands of years before that.
Legacy Work Spaces
Looks like you guys have covered a lot of it well.

I'll just add my short $.02.

Solid 1st ep, felt kinda rushed, but with limited episodes left I can see why. Lots of lay people who don't follow the novels but do the show will not get the significance of JS flying the dragon (I'm one of them) and while there has been some discussion of that significance before, I felt like they shoulda emphasized it a bit more some how in previous episodes at least if not this one.

Loved the part of Jamie and Bran seeing one another at the end. Would love to see Jamie complete his turn to good!
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
tk for tu juan
redline248 said:

SAtxag16 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

So Night King...?
Someone pointed out before, the Targaryens only came to Westeros ~300 years prior to the events we're watching. The NK was created from one of the First Men by the Children of the Forest thousands of years before that.

Yeah, the Children of the Forest plunged dragonglass into one of the First Men. Can't remember which episode that was
Legacy Work Spaces
Quote:

No way Bran wants anything to happen to Jamie. In fact, I think Bran will THANK him for what he did...setting him down the road to become the three-eyed raven. He first had his raven visions when he unconscious from the fall or right after. Bran should know him being pushed out the window had to happen to set everything in motion. If not, it would be truly out of character from what he has become.

Agree with this. Bran will see it as his true destiny , and that Jamie helped push (no pun intended) it along.
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
BenFiasco14
AG
aTmAg said:

I missed some of this stuff. I gotta watch the episode again. I watched it at a GoT party, and it was like watching Happy Days when Chachi entered the room. Every time some new dude would walk in, the women in the room would scream and I couldn't hear what the hell they were saying.
This is why I don't go to "watch parties" for a show that necessarily requires you needing to listen and pay attention.

Watch parties are for the bachelor, not GoT.

*ruffles fedora*
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
aTmAg
AG
Can somebody explain the Ed Sheeran thing? I am totally unaware of his connection.
Stive
AG
Dragon glass....

Sam used it on a WW, Jon used it to kill one at KL and I'm pretty sure one of the CotF used it to kill a WW under the tree protecting the Three Eyed Raven, thus allowing Hodor to get a head start down that tunnel. They killed on of the WW for sure but I can't remember if it was Valerian steel or dragon glass.
aTmAg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

aTmAg said:

I missed some of this stuff. I gotta watch the episode again. I watched it at a GoT party, and it was like watching Happy Days when Chachi entered the room. Every time some new dude would walk in, the women in the room would scream and I couldn't hear what the hell they were saying.
This is why I don't go to "watch parties" for a show that necessarily requires you needing to listen and pay attention.

Watch parties are for the bachelor, not GoT.

*ruffles fedora*
It was my wife's co-workers, and my wife doesn't even really watch it. I tried to get her into the show, but she prefers HGTV. It was my first ever watch party of any show. I knew I would not catch everything because I can't rewind the show. I have it recorded for myself too.
StringerBell
AG
wife brought up the point that now we've seen two targaryens ride dragons in dany and jon and wondered whether the knight king riding one meant he was targaryen all along
chipotle
aTmAg said:

Can somebody explain the Ed Sheeran thing? I am totally unaware of his connection.

He had a cameo a few seasons back. He looked awkward the entire scene. Arya probably made a pie out of him. Probably
bobinator
AG
I don't think he's literally a Targaryan, but that perhaps the Targaryan's descended from him/his people.

I certainly think the Night King's history is going to be important very soon.
jboog
AG
redline248 said:

SAtxag16 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

So Night King...?
Did they ever confirm that scene being the NK origin or was that just the first Walker? They might be one in the same but I wasn't sure if that was ever totally confirmed.

I'm just curious about the NK riding the dragon and the mysterious symbols he leaves then.
Icecream_Ag
S
chipotle said:

aTmAg said:

He had a cameo a few seasons back. He looked awkward the entire scene. Arya probably made a pie out of him. Probably
pretty sure he was the ginger referenced by the girls in bronns scene. Didn't the even call him Eddie???
bobinator
AG
StringerBell said:

wife brought up the point that now we've seen two targaryens ride dragons in dany and jon and wondered whether the knight king riding one meant he was targaryen all along
I floated this last night also.

To me a big piece of evidence is that the showrunners said on the 'after the episode' bit that only Targaryans can ride dragons. That's something that' s been theorized, but not outright stated I don't think.

But, the Night King does seem to have some sort of control over everything in his army, so they could fairly easily explain their way around that.
redline248
AG
Well, it's a zombie dragon now without free will.

I'm confident the NK is not in anyway tied to the Targ line.

Also, I think Bran confirmed out loud that the children created the NK.
MW03
AG
A couple of other things that were cool:

• The new clockwork open was awesome. Looking at the arms that were rotating around the orb, you could see a couple of new things. The one that struck me most was one of a huge dragon with three smaller dragons, and what appears to be the red comet. Is Dany the big dragon with her three smaller dragons even though Viserion is a wight now? Is John the big dragon now and the "prince that was promised"? Probably just a cool detail thrown in for the book readers, but I enjoyed it.

• The overhead shot of Winterfell was cool to see. I know we had seen a version of it before, but for whatever reason that establishing shot really looked solid.
  • I feel like there were never more than about 10 unsullied in any given place. Watching Dany's march in with the hundreds of companies of unsullied was pretty excellent.
  • Favorite line of the night was Sansa's, followed closely by Tormund's "blue eyes" comment. Tyrion says to Sansa, "The last time I saw you was at Joffery's wedding. What a miserable affair." And Sansa's reply was, "It had it's moments."
bobinator
AG
We saw the Children create the Night King.
wangus12
AG
The only person that can hide from Bran is this guy. ****ing Westeros Hide & Seek Champion.

aTmAg
AG
chipotle said:

aTmAg said:

What about this tweed from Sheeran (from Reddit):

?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=6295ad36ce94b13b2c841c574a2d7d0c69936f88

Did Arya take his face or something.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

We saw the Children create the Night King.

I know, a poster above asked for clarification
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I'm just saying we actually saw that happen. It's not just that Bran said it.
AgMarauder04
AG
Tree Hugger
AG
Quote:

I certainly think the Night King's history is going to be important very soon.

Maybe revealed in the scrolls/books that Sam stole from the Citadel?
First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.