****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,381 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one has commented that Jorah met his little sister for the first time ever, and they didn't show it on screen.
bobinator
AG
I said this on the last page, but you can see when Bran is warging because the creature's eyes turn white. This happened with Summer, the ravens, Hodor, etc.
Render
AG
Anyone else feel the White Walkers and their zombie hordes are lame villains? It's just another form of zombies. Nothing unique. Plus they all conveniently die when their "host" gets even slightly clipped by a magic blade, causing them to instantly shatter. The threat lacks originality and dramatic tension, imo.
aTmAg
AG
Render said:

Anyone else feel the White Walkers and their zombie hordes are lame villains? It's just another form of zombies. Nothing unique. Plus they all conveniently die when their "host" gets even slightly clipped by a magic blade, causing them to instantly shatter. The threat lacks originality and dramatic tension, imo.
Do you feel that any villian that is human lacks originality? After all 99.99% of the time they are human.
bobinator
AG
I think they're great, partially because they aren't 'villains'. We don't really know what they want, or if they even want anything. This show has plenty of true villains.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Render said:

No.
StringerBell
AG
from a micro perspective sure they're just zombies.

from a macro perspective that they are a swarming horde that basically takes over whatever town the conquer then the larger horde moves on to the next one and they can only be killed with a very specific weapon....well that's pretty dramatic and tensiony.
aTmAg
AG
StringerBell said:

from a macro perspective that they are a swarming horde that basically takes over whatever town the conquer then the larger horde moves on to the next one and they can only be killed with a very specific weapon....well that's pretty dramatic and tensiony.
Even more terrifying is that they are organized and led like an army.
Charlie Conway
OnlyForNow said:

No one has commented that Jorah met his little sister for the first time ever, and they didn't show it on screen.
cause they're cousins, not brother/sister
Render
AG
Dude, obviously they're villains. They want to kill the living!
Render
AG
aTmAg said:

Render said:

Do you feel that any villian that is human lacks originality? After all 99.99% of the time they are human.

Humans can have different motivations. So you have endless possibilities for villains, and some may not even feel like "villains". Meanwhile zombies are practically the same in whatever story they're in - people you care about are resurrected and they kill the living.
Render
AG
StringerBell said:

It just feels like I've seen it before. First in The Walking Dead, then in the Marvel movies with Thanos' various hive-mind armies. Lately it feels big entertainment all uses the same villain army tropes.

Not trying to hate. I'll just be more invested in the (more than likely) Northern vs Southern rematch war.
tk for tu juan
I just want to know if the Night King can talk to living humans or will his communication be telepathic like the big dong blue guy from the Watchmen
aTmAg
AG
Render said:

aTmAg said:

Render said:

Humans can have different motivations. So you have endless possibilities for villains, and some may not even feel like "villains". Meanwhile zombies are practically the same in whatever story they're in - people you care about are resurrected and they kill the living.
To me, prior to GoT, the most scary "zombies" by far was those in 28 days later. It's as if the writers tried to think of the worst possible case. Athletic zombies that turn living people into new zombies very quickly. Well in GoT, their "zombies" are as bad as those in 28DL, but they also happen to be organized into a cohesive 100,000+ man army. And since the books were written before 28DL, it can't be said that the books copied 28DL.

(And, BTW, they got giants and a dragon too)
bobinator
AG
Render said:

Dude, obviously they're villains. They want to kill the living!
I have a suspicion that "killing the living" isn't really what they want. I also think it's probably worth some debate on if 'they' want anything, or if it's really just a 'him.'

Like, every army has someone leading it, but there sure doesn't seem to be the ability for mutiny in the army of the dead.
StringerBell
AG
i think in this case the zombies are no different than the dothraki or the unsullied. they're an army that's being used by a main player in the story.

so sure the zombies arent really interesting...but what's interesting is how and why the night king is using them to accomplish whatever his goal might be.
agrams
AG
They are cousins, not siblings.
LB12Diamond
AG
The children of the Forrest made the WW fo fight against men. So it appears they are just doing what they were originally made to do.
Render
AG
StringerBell said:

i think in this case the zombies are no different than the dothraki or the unsullied. they're an army that's being used by a main player in the story.

so sure the zombies arent really interesting...but what's interesting is how and why the night king is using them to accomplish whatever his goal might be.

Nm. Jebber answered my questions.
wangus12
AG
So the really big question is how does Jon/Sam/Bran break the news to the rest of the world that he is actually a Targ?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Quote:

Samwell: My dog, Pongo?
Daenerys: Run over by a carriage.
Samwell: My goldfish, Goldie?
Daenerys: Eaten by the cat.
Samwell: My cat?
Daenerys: Choked on the goldfish.
I'm not gonna lie, I haven't laughed this hard in a while.
tk for tu juan
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Night_King
Marcus Aurelius
AG
So is John Snow actually a cousin of Daenerys?
gigemJTH12
AG
wangus12 said:

So the really big question is how does Jon/Sam/Bran break the news to the rest of the world that he is actually a Targ?

Probably wait until during the Jamie Lannister trial and news dump it
Chalupa Batman
AG
She's his aunt
Chalupa Batman
AG
agrams said:

Ignore, I'm wrong. Can't keep up with all of these families
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

Sam: "Whew, what a battle, eh Aegon?"
Jon: *sideways glance at Sam
Dany: "What now?"
Sam: "uh, hmm? Nothing?"
Dany: "Why did he just call you Aegon?"
Jon: "Sam get's a little carried away. He hasn't slept much."
Sam: "The Old maester at castle black was called Aegon. I am a bit tired."
Bran: "We don't have time for this. Jon is really Aegon Targaryen, son of Lyanna Stark and your brother Rhaegar. He's the rightful king."
Jon: "Bran!"
Dany: *retches..."your my nephew...we had..." *retching continues
Icecream_Ag
S
Chalupa Batman said:

agrams said:

She's his niece
daughter
Granddaughter
Mom
Grandma
Have we covered them all now???
agrams
AG
Jorah's dad (Joer) was the brother of Lyanna's Mother (Maege)... hence cousins

Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Chalupa Batman said:

agrams said:

She's his niece

Lyanna Mormont is Jorah's first cousin. She's Jeor Mormont's niece.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

So is John Snow actually a cousin of Daenerys?

She's his aunt.

His father is her brother - Rhaegar.

Daenerys was MUCH younger than her brother Rhaegar. In fact he was actually dead before she was born.

So Jon/Aegon and Dany are very close in age - using show years he is slightly older.

Her brother Rhaegar died at the age of 22 something in the battle of the Trident in 281 during part of Roberts Rebellion.

Lyanna gave birth to Jon/Aegon shortly after that at the Tower of Joy either late 281 or early 282.

And Rhaegar's mother Rhaella gave birth to Dany in 282 - her mother died in childbirth and she as a baby and her older brother Viserys (age 6) went into exile escaping from Dragonstone to Essos.

Robert and House Lannister murdered Rhaegar's wife Ellia Martell and their two children Rhaenys and Aegon when they sacked King's Landing. So it was assumed they would kill the Targ children too - that is why they fled.

Marcus Aurelius
AG
I guess you would know thanks. Aunt and nephew. Wow. GOT.
CFTXAG10
AG
wangus12 said:

My guess is Jon tells Dany but they decide keep it under wraps until after the war. Jon asks Sam to please not tell anyone, and Sam reluctantly agrees.

Either that or Jon doesn't tell anyone, but still asks Sam not to say anything.
OnlyForNow
AG
Thanks to all on clearing up the Mormont stuff. I thought that Lyanna was Joer's last kid before taking the black.

Anyways, back to rest of the story.

Potential spoiler below, like legit read it on a website...

You've beeen warned.

anyone think or read that Cersi is going through menopause and that's why she hasn't bled on a while? I think this has some legs.
Ramrod
AG
https://www.instagram.com/oystersclamscockles/p/BwSZkr-HuIh/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=u6d9nzp9s0yt

Can't get it to embed for some reason
First Page Last Page
Page 86 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.