****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,168 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quick and dirty meme I made with pictures taken of my tv

wangus12
AG
annie88 said:

Why am I starting to get the weird feeling that Gendry Baratheon is going to end up on the iron throne.

Arya gonna be on Gendry's throne knowwhatImsaying
Beezy2389
AG
Alt Shift X doing a live recap right now

Teddy Perkins
AG
The children of the forest drew it in the caves and had it going on when they made the night king.
agrams
AG
maybe bran warged in to rhaegal and watched Jon bang Daenerys.. hence the mad dragon face...
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Bran the whole season....

Trident 88
AG
Not a chance in hell that Bronn kills Tyrion or Jaime. It just gives the story a reason for him to go north and provide us more quality dialogue between him and the Lannister boys.
PatAg
AG
Can it be next Sunday yet? Netflix has ruined traditional show formats for me
The Dog Lord
AG
Thought this was an interesting part of the new intro. Looks like a lion, a hung wolf shot full of arrows, and a guy holding a wolf's head. Supposed to be Lannisters, Freys, and Boltons?

Dad
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

aggie-master said:

I have HBO Now and used to have it through my cable company.

Will it pop up as available at exactly 8pm?
What is HBO Now? Is that like HBO Go?

It is about the same except Go is free with your cable subscription to HBO and Now is your direct subscription to HBO.

I have DirecTV and they make it a pain in the butt to cancel HBO after the season is over because you have to call and be on hold. I signed up for Now through Apple because I can cancel in a few clicks after the last episode of Game Of Thrones is over.
wangus12
AG
But what a great twist it would be is Bronn stayed true to being a sellsword
i is smart
AG
I thought it was a great episode. My initial thoughts were that it may have been a bit slow paced, but I'm willing to wait and see.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Still no ghost, he's probably sad his dad is giving all the attention to the dragons.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Trident 88 said:

Not a chance in hell that Bronn kills Tyrion or Jaime. It just gives the story a reason for him to go north and provide us more quality dialogue between him and the Lannister boys.

scene:

Bronn sneaks up on Jamie and Tyrion......Jamie whirls around at the last second.....

Jamie: Bronn what are you doing here I thought you'd be knee deep in *****s by now.

Bronn: Well I was but your sister had other ideas... I'm here to kill you.

Jamie: Me....no you must mean her other brother..... <motions to> Tyrion.

Bronn: Yeah him too - package deal.

Tyrion: Well it's damn cold up here so either get on with it or.....name your price.

Jamie: Yeah a Lannister always pay his debts. But we'll pay double.

Bronn: That's what I'm afraid of....see If I don't kill you both she'll kill me.

Tyrion: As usual It's quite a conundrum you find yourself in. How do you always do that?

Bronn: **** if I know.

bro hugs all around. end scene
aggietony2010
AG
Definitely. That castle is one of the Twins, and that man holding the wolf head is flayed (Bolton sigil)
aggietony2010
AG
Probably means nothing, but that fiery dead body art in the last hearth sure looked like the Targaryen sigil.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Probably means nothing, but that fiery dead body art in the last hearth sure looked like the Targaryen sigil.

I don't think that's what it is. It's a symbol used by the children of the forest and the white walkers have made the symbol before using dead bodies. I think it was from season 3 or 4.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

By the way slightly overlooked awesome moments......

Not so little anymore Lady Mormont is still a badass...... she ain't bowing to no Targ queen. Her stare down on arrival in the courtyard and then her speech in the hall...... she's got balls.

aggietony2010
AG
Yeah, I know it's been used before, but it on fire it made me think of that.

The symbols have to mean something...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggietony2010 said:

No it was just spiral arms......not dragon heads.

the WW enjoy some odd dead body art hobby and have used circles and spirals before. See above I posted them from S1 and S3.

Now supposedly they mirror some symbols of the CotF in their caves, etc.

Ranger222
AG
My main three takeaways from tonight

1) I'm convinced Winterfell will fall. Yara with the casual line of "we'll retake the iron islands. It's surrounded by water we know the dead can't cross. It'll give Dany a place to retreat to" with Theon now headed north. It's setting up for Winterfell to fall and a safe refuge for the survivors.

2) The Winterfell crypts are so important to this season

3) for the first time tonight I realized the White Walker's spiral art is a direct representation of the Targaryen house sigil. I think when it was set on fire and you see the spirals really did it for me. Coming for a newly revealed Targaryen?
Trident 88
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

By the way slightly overlooked awesome moments......

Not so little anymore Lady Mormont is still a badass...... she ain't bowing to no Targ queen. Her stare down on arrival in the courtyard and then her speech in the hall...... she's got balls.

I think they should honor her badassery by giving her a scene where she kills a few wights and dies in battle.
Swarely
Ranger222 said:

1) I'm convinced Winterfell will fall. Yara with the casual line of "we'll retake the iron islands. It's surrounded by water we know the dead can't cross. It'll give Dany a place to retreat to" with Theon now headed north. It's setting up for Winterfell to fall and a safe refuge for the survivors.

2) The Winterfell crypts are so important to this season

3) for the first time tonight I realized the White Walker's spiral art is a direct representation of the Targaryen house sigil. I think when it was set on fire and you see the spirals really did it for me. Coming for a newly revealed Targaryen?

Have they ever addressed if the dead will rise from their graves? Zombie starks?
AgfromHOU
AG
I like #3 a lot
PatAg
AG
https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/179529/what-is-the-meaning-of-house-targaryens-sigil

doesnt really look the same to me, that's a 3 headed dragon
Belton Ag
AG
So what things resemble that kind of symbolism?

Galaxies, sunwheels, whirlpools?

Does it represent power or energy radiating from a central point? Or the opposite, something drawing in and swallowing power and energy?
Sex Panther
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Thought this was an interesting part of the new intro. Looks like a lion, a hung wolf shot full of arrows, and a guy holding a wolf's head. Supposed to be Lannisters, Freys, and Boltons?

I think this is the Red Wedding

Lion eating a Fish (The Tully's) and Flayed Man (I think) is Bolton holding a Wolf's head.
Swarely
Also, holy **** at Bran.

Quote:

Sam: What are you doing out here?

Bran: I'm waiting for an old friend.

PatAg
AG
Bran is a wildcard, never know what he will decide. He seems to be the ultimate pragmatist now, to survive and defeat the white walkers. I think he knows the value of Jaime in a war and will convince them to let him help.
RadAg14
AG
AgLaw
AG
What did Arya ask Gendry to make for her?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ranger222 said:

If it had three heads of dead Umbers maybe..... but I don't think so.

It more closely resembles Children of the Forest cave art and other symbols we saw up there.

Furthermore - the WW were created 1000s of years ago. the Targs only came to Westeros 300 years ago and I'm pretty sure the WW have never met a Targ (until Dany from afar in S7 E7). I kinda doubt their symbology would be based on Targs.

Bunk Moreland
It's Bran's world. They're all just living in it.
213 Grove
AG
This has been my theory for a while now...I think he is King Roberts and Cersei's first born son
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.