****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,258 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hold the door

That's rough but doesn't hold a candle to Shireen unsuspectingly being burned alive by her own father. When she is walking out there holding that wooden Stag. Wow. I had to fast forward through that entire scene last night.

I didn't watch it either last night while watching that episode.

I was like...nope. Already know what's going to happen. Don't want to see that **** again
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So what is your favorite episode so far? For me, nothing beats Battle of The *******s. It was the first tv episode where I've ever said to myself, "Damn, this feels like a blockbuster movie." The scene of Jon pulling out his sword alone against the entire Bolton army is probably my favorite scene in any TV show, period. And the Battle if Mereen is spectacular as well.

And then all of season 7 happened, but still, it gets credit for being the first.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Easily, far and away, my favorite shot of the show.

BoB is such an amazing episode, and truly impressive when you compare it to what we used to get in the first few seasons. (Battles happening offscreen, or seeing only the aftermath.)
Sex Panther
AG
Champ Bailey said:

The scene of Jon pulling out his sword alone against the entire Bolton army is probably my favorite scene in any TV show, period.

Iconic
The Dog Lord
AG
I wouldn't say it's my fav episode, but this scene is still potentially the best.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
No other shot comes close.

Counterpoint
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah, toughest moment in the show.
I've read people on here saying that season 5 is their least favorite, but is there a better group of three consecutive episodes than 5x8, 5x9, and 5x10? (where more stuff happens)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
6x9 and 6x10 beats those 3 overall.

But, 5x8 and 5x10 are both fantastic.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best shot of the series - 360 degree panoramic of the Battle of Castle Black.

My favorite episode as well. Thorne's speech, Janos Slynt's "there's no such thing as giants." Tormund vs. Thorne, Jon vs. the Magnar of Thenn, Pyp and the others reciting their vows as the giant charges them at the gate; Ygritte's tragic death, and that ripple of thrill that you got down your spine whenyou realize what he means when Jon tells Sam "I need him more than I need you."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

6x9 and 6x10 beats those 3 overall.

But, 5x8 and 5x10 are both fantastic.
Actually, I was confusing 4x10 with 5x10. Mother's Mercy is still great, but I think The Children (4x10) is the better finale and probably the second best behind Winds of Winter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
smokeythebear
AG
Underrated was The Mountain and The Viper. Incredibly cool fight scene and just a crushing amount of emotional swings in both directions. Oberyn is such a fantastic character in my opinion.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
smokeythebear said:

Underrated was The Mountain and The Viper. Incredibly cool fight scene and just a crushing amount of emotional swings in both directions. Oberyn is such a fantastic character in my opinion.

x 100. This was the worst part of the series for me. The Red Wedding was shocking, but I thought Cat Stark was annoying and Robb Stark wasn't anywhere near my favorite character.

Oberyn was my guy. You understood his motivations, he was very interesting as a character, the character itself was hilarious and well-acted, and he was on deck to be the saving grace for one of the show's most liked, if not the most liked, characters. Then pop.
smokeythebear
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

smokeythebear said:

x 100. This was the worst part of the series for me. The Red Wedding was shocking, but I thought Cat Stark was annoying and Robb Stark wasn't anywhere near my favorite character.

Oberyn was my guy. You understood his motivations, he was very interesting as a character, the character itself was hilarious and well-acted, and he was on deck to be the saving grace for one of the show's most liked, if not the most liked, characters. Then pop.
Yea, it would have been like if Ramsay got Jon Snow with that last second arrow in the Winterfell Courtyard. A herculean undertaking in fighting off insane odds and right at the cusp of a true feel-good victory stolen away in a split second.
reemus
soon 14 april
IronRed13
AG
Any good summary videos out there? Need a bit of a refresher before the 14th, but dont have time to rewatch everything.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

smokeythebear said:

Can't wait to see what Pedro Pascal does as "The Mandalorian"
redline248
AG
I bet he's going to be a badass Mandalorian, based on his performance in Kingsman the golden circle
Bones08
AG
Favorite scene for me is still Tyrion's confession:

Tyrion's story and it combining with Oberyn's story as the season progresses is why season 4 is still my favorite of the series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CapCityAg89
AG
Yep. That's super cool. And great insights into how he show changed.
smokeythebear
AG
I'm in the middle of re-watching and watched this scene last night. When I watched it live the first time, the level of disdain from Tywin was lost on me. But seeing it all happen at a more accelerated pace, it seems baffling that Tywin has such drastic swings with Tyrion, especially from someone who is usually so cool and calculated.

1. Sends him to the vanguard to die with the hill tribes
2. Sends him to the Capital to be Hand of the King
3. Saves the city, gives Tyrion zero credit
4. Makes him Master of Coin
5. Agrees Joffrey needs to be disciplined
6. Forces him to marry Sansa
7. Sets up a farce of a trial, humiliates Tyrion because he's married to Sansa
8. Tries to send him to the wall (mostly just to trick Jaime into having a family), but is fine with ultimately letting him be killed by the Mountain

Tywin is an intriguing, if banal, character, and it seems as if the ONLY bit of nuance we see about him is this tiny but ferocious internal struggle not to hate Tyrion. If only Tywin could have gotten over his hatred for Tyrion, the two of them could have saved tens of thousands of lives by bringing peace and order to Westeros.

Also, how do we do the spoiler text?
Rex Racer
AG
smokeythebear said:

Also, how do we do the spoiler text?
Look here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Reprimands him for banging a hoar and threatens to hang the next one.

Bangs Tyrion's hoar for months.

Forces his children into marriages to further the family dynasty.

Marries his cousin out of love, a marriage that has zero strategic purpose.

Yeah, **** Tywin.
Saul Goodman
AG
I love the Tywin storyline.

He's the richest, smartest, most strategic, most powerful, most influential person in all of Westeros. And yet he's brought down, not by somebody besting him on any of the above, but because he couldn't simply love his own child. I love it.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Another Tywin fan here. Show needed more Tywin/Olenna exchanges.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
In general, if you ever want to see how somebody does any of the things beyond basic text, you can quote their post and see what they did.

For example, if you quote mine you can see how I:

spoiler tag

bold

Quote:

And etc....
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Also, love Tywin.
Counterpoint
AG
Saul Goodman said:

He's the richest, smartest, most strategic, most powerful, most influential person in all of Westeros. And yet he's brought down, not by somebody besting him on any of the above, but because he couldn't simply love his own child. I love it.

...and on the toilet, no less!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So where is everyone on their rewatch?

Watched 6x6 last night. Bit of a filler episode, but it was cool finally seeing the Tarly castle.

A well-deserved breather episode after the madness that was The Door.
Thisguy1
Just finished 5:9. Watched Hardhome (5:8) and 5:9, which was Drogon saving Dany at the fighting pits, last night. Two outstanding episodes.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I rewatched the Nymeria Aya reunion episode last night. Do we think the show is done with her?
Urban Ag
AG
In regards to Tyrion....

This is more of a book reader theory but it was teased, IIRC, in the series. Going to tag it and would like opinions. Not really a spoiler, but could be.

In the books it's obvious and GRRM has stated as much, but the three main protagonists, POV characters, are Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. The show kind of got away from this in the development of Cersei and Jamie, which is great by the way, IMO. But since book one, it's really been the story of these three.

The symbol of House Targaryen is a three headed dragon. Dany had three dragons. Jon + Dany + Tyrion = 3. It's well known in the books that Tywin despised the Mad King. Hated him. It's hinted that the Mad King invoked some king's right and bedded Tywin's wife Joanna at some point. It's theorized based on that and some other conversations (I can't recall) that Tyrion may have been fathered by the Mad King. This also lends to Tywin's deep seated issues with Tyrion (that and Joanna died birthing Tyrion). Fan theory was that Tyrion is the third dragon, completing the three heads of the House Targaryen sigil.

Anyone think this old book reader theory still has wings? I tend not to considering one of the dragons is now a wight and also due to the diminished role Tyrion played in S7. But the three headed dragon symbolism, the three dragons themselves and the three primary POV characters, was a thing in the books. Just doesn't seem to be a thing in the series. Thoughts?
Urban Ag
AG
Done with Nymeria, Arya, or both?
Fenrir
Champ Bailey said:

I rewatched the Nymeria Aya reunion episode last night. Do we think the show is done with her?
I do. I think that was her sendoff.
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.