****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,293 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Through 7x5.

Season 1....King Robert travels for over a month to WInterfell.
Season 7...We can teleport all over Westeros! The Reach to Dragonstone? That'll be 5 minutes. WEEEEEEEE!!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Urban Ag said:

Done with Nymeria, Arya, or both?

Nymeria.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Also the dragons don't torch Tyrion when he goes into the caves to free Viserion and Rhaegal.

The only three people they have had a positive response to are Dany, Tyrion, and Jon.

I agree about the overall story being the Dany, Jon and Tyrion story - the three primary underdogs
Dany - a woman, in a foreign land, with no backing and sold off by her brother
Jon - a B a s t a r d (assumed) and sent to the wall because he has no other prospects
Tyrion - a dwarf and outcast of his own family, presumed to be just a drunk who likes w h o r e s

And all three of their mother's died in childbirth.

But I'm still not convinced whether we will see the three dragon riders now or whether Tyrion will be revealed as a Targ. but it's still very possible.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Few discussion points...

- What's up with Tyrion's look on the boat? What did he talk with Cersei about? (Has he betrayed them??)

- What is going to end up being the importance of Bran being the Three Eyed Raven? There has to be some huge importance to him in the end, and I don't think it's just to tell Jon who he really is.

- Will we get Clegane Bowl?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Those don't need tags.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah i agree but - he was tagging it so i replied with tags.
OnlyForNow
AG
I think this has legs, but I can honestly see them cutting it out of the show and leaving it as a book thing for GRRM to 'surprise' us with.

There has got to be a few things like that, right?
Urban Ag
AG
Yeah I think that scene in S7 was just to close out that loop.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few discussion points...

- What's up with Tyrion's look on the boat? What did he talk with Cersei about? (Has he betrayed them??)

- What is going to end up being the importance of Bran being the Three Eyed Raven? There has to be some huge importance to him in the end, and I don't think it's just to tell Jon who he really is.

I think that's entirely possible.

Dany was warned in her visions that she would be betrayed three times - once for blood, once for gold and once for love. she has been betrayed by the witch lady who killed Drogo and her son (for blood) and Jorah (for gold).....could tyrion betray her for love?

Who does he love?

Well we saw a few interesting things. Despite the revenge killing of his father we know he did not want to harm Cersei's children despite Joffrey's evil ways. And he showed compassion for Jamie when Dany was attacking him and the army; he was pleading internally for Jamie to flee and not be harmed. He also just found out Cersei was pregnant again (if it is true although Cersei could be faking) and he told her he never wanted to destroy the family.

Immediately prior to the meeting with Cersei, Tyrion was extolling the value of LYING in certain circumstances. He told Jon he should have lied to Cersei and professed his loyalty to the crown instead of Dany.

So then suddenly Cersei comes out and agrees to send her troops north. And Jamie betrays Cersei by following through on that later when he finds out she was lying about it. It seems clear that was her plan after the meeting with Tyrion. So yes they could have made some deal. And if so Tyrion knows that was the plan and she simply lied in order to protect her armies. Certainly if Dany finds out Tyrion knew they were not coming that would be a betrayal of love.

Despite my personal prediction from season 1 that the three of them - Jon Dany and Tyrion - would be the survivors I now believe Tyrion in fact will betray Dany and die for it. However I still believe the book ending will be different and Tyrion will survive there.

Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Few discussion points...

These are good questions.

I doubt Tyrion believed Cersei's commitment to send troops north. And obviously Cersei had no intention of doing so. I think "the look" he had on the boat was concern that Dany should not be distracted right now by a romantic connection with everything at the stage it is.

Bran's story was pretty boring in the books and I doubt GRRM could really articulate to HBO where it all ends up. Bran seeing the Tower of Joy may turn out to be his biggest contribution to the story unless he somehow is able to see how the WW's were defeated the first time.

I can't really see a scenario where we get Clegane Bowl as I can't see the Mountain leaving Cersei's side or a reason why the Hound would end up in the Red Keep. But then again I'm not a writer.
wangus12
AG
Tyrion definitely loves his family and is probably willing to do anything to protect it.

PDWT_12
AG
Just got to the Purple Wedding last night (Yes, we have a boat load of catching up to do). Most cathartic kid death of all time.

I've always disliked the Tyrion is a Targ theory and hope it doesn't play out that way in the books. To me it just ruins Tywin and Tyrion's relationship. The way Tywin despises him works best for me because he truly is his son, and there is nothing in the world either one of them can do about it.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I'm in the camp that Nymeria and her pack are going to show back up at the battle of Winterfell.
GRRM said "You know, I don't like to give things away, he told the reporter with a grin." But making reference to Anton Chekhov's famous statement, Martin added "You don't hang a giant wolf pack on the wall unless you intend to use it."

Evidently colons throw off the spoiler tags. 8 edits to fix. Apologies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Tyrion definitely loves his family and is probably willing to do anything to protect it.
Does he? What evidence have we seen that he loves his family, besides Jaime?

Edit: And Cersei's children not named Joffrey.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Does he? What evidence have we seen that he loves his family, besides Jaime?
I guess let me rephrase it. He loves the Lannister family outside of Cersei and Tywin and I'd think he'd want the family to endure after him and Jaime. Yet he seems to be willing to convince Cersei or level with her when she finds out she is "pregnant" again. Something convinced her to at least say she was going to help the North.
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, but as I was re-watching, there are multiple times when Tywin says things like "I raised you as one of mine own because I can't prove you're not", "I allow you to wear my sigil" and "I wanted to walk right into the ocean and throw you away, but I didn't". Tywin loves his other two children, but he doesn't love Tyrion and it isn't because he is a dwarf, a drunk, or likes *****s because you'd hardly even know he was a dwarf when he was born and the rest doesn't come until much later. I also think Tywin despises the fact that Jaime treats him as a real brother.

That's the thing, if you watch it with the backstory that Joanna and the Mad King hooked up, suddenly Tywin's character makes perfect sense again.

"prediction": Perhaps Bran gives us a flashback of that as the reveal of Tyrion's true heritage. After all, that is how we found out about Jon's so it would make sense that's how we find out about Tyrion's. As for the undead dragon, well Jon is technically undead as well so maybe once he kills the Night King he gets to ride Viserion. Or perhaps Tyrion rides Viserion because Viserion was named after Danny's brother and Tyrion turns out to also be Danny's brother. Yea actually that makes more sense because then Jon would get Raegal, named after Jon's father.
bearamedic99
AG
How do y'all feel about the show's portrayal of the undead?

I'm doing my rewatch and am on Blood of my Blood (episode after The Door), plus saw Hardhome recently.

I don't care for the Walking Dead style undead with their vocalizations. I'd prefer if they didn't move so fast but can accept that. But I cannot stand the noises they make.

Does anyone else care about this?
redline248
AG
Quote:

because you'd hardly even know he was a dwarf when he was born

I'm pretty sure everyone knew there was something wrong with him as a newborn. Don't know if dwarf is said explicitly, but there is definitely mention of him being a little monster.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Tyrion is older than Dany and Jon so would he be the rightful heir? I guess he would be a ******* though. Would be funny considering his conversations with Jon in season one.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
PDWT_12 said:

Just got to the Purple Wedding last night (Yes, we have a boat load of catching up to do). Most cathartic kid death of all time.
When Joffrey let out that first cough, boy, let me tell you.
Urban Ag
AG
Joffrey got off to easy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Perfect.
TheDraw
AG
Urban Ag said:

Joffrey got off to easy
For some of us, it takes a while.
smokeythebear
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

because you'd hardly even know he was a dwarf when he was born

I'm pretty sure everyone knew there was something wrong with him as a newborn. Don't know if dwarf is said explicitly, but there is definitely mention of him being a little monster.
Sure, I just mean that Tywin isn't sadistic like Joffrey was in that Tywin loved Cersei and Jaime when they were born yet he immediately despised Tyrion when he was born. Yes he was a "little monster" and yes Joanna died during childbirth (which is why Cersei hates him), but that can't be enough for Tywin to say things like "I allowed you to wear my sigil and to bear my name because I can't prove you weren't my own". It's like re-watching the first season and listening to how Ned talks about Jon Snow, there's intentionality there with the words they both choose and also with the words the purposely omit.
redline248
AG
Or, he can't prove Tyrion isn't his own bc Tyrion is his own.

Idk, there appears to be some evidence to entertain the theory in the books. In the show, there's that line only. Can't see that out of no where twist for the show, but never say never.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's a regular-sized mug.

Rex Racer
AG
He is one LARGE dude.
ChoppinDs40
AG
I bet she is permanently bow-legged...
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Exactly
I mean is his dick porpotionate to his size? I mean he's not swinging a mega sized Pringle's can down there is he?
wangus12
AG
Like a tube of tennis balls
Sex Panther
AG

Seriously, how does she have sex with this guy?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Very carefully.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He can practically grab her and use her as a human fleshlight.
Urban Ag
AG
Y'all are really intrigued with this guy's junk. Start a new thread.
tk for tu juan
Urban Ag said:

Y'all are really intrigued with this guy's junk. Start a new thread.

His index finger is almost the average junk size
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.