****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,241 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The cold open with The Hound, with the music perfectly cutting away to the GoT theme, is hype AF.
smokeythebear
AG
Any suggestions why Winterfell is always included in the opening credits, even when there is no action there?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Because it's the Starks' home and it's the first place we are introduced to in the show. It's like a home base. Winterfell and KL are in every credits.
Urban Ag
AG
Every location that any part of the story is taking place in, during that given season, has a part in the opening credits. Winterfell has been in every season so it has always been in the opening credits. Same as Kings Landing as Spilner pointed out.

Trying to think of all the locations in the opening credits since S1:
Castle Black/The Wall
Winterfell
The Dreadfort
Iron Islands
Riverrun
The Twins
Kings Landing
Dragonstone
Dorn
Bravos
Mereen

Was there one at Storms End?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Because it's the Starks' home and it's the first place we are introduced to in the show. It's like a home base. Winterfell and KL are in every credits.

99% sure The Wall is too.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Opening shifts episode to episode, not season to season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Eyrie
Pentos
Astapor
Yunkai
Vaes Dothrak
Oldtown

And I think Highgarden maybe once or twice, basically just when it was taken by Jaime.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
It absolutely changes episode by episode - not season by season.

Details here:
https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Title_sequence

The rule - as producer Spence said early on is:

First, as a rule, every episode's map must contain King's Landing, Winterfell, The Wall, and "wherever Daenerys is at the moment" - even if Daenerys does not appear in that episode. And KL, WF and TW have appeared even thru episodes and entire seasons when they were not used as locations (WF in S3, TW in S2, etc.).

Also not every minor place has locations made or shown - in those cases the capital of that region is shown. And some instances not every location shown in the episode is shown in the credits due to time constraints.

Since Dany left Essos and came to Westeros now they always show Winterfell, The Wall and King's Landing and also Dragonstone in S7.

for S8 I guess it is going to depend if Dany is in WF or KL as to whether Dragonstone is shown or not.

In total KL, WF tand TW have been shown 67 times in 67 episodes. Mereen is next with 30 appearances.

Urban Ag
AG
Thanks, I missed a bunch. It's almost like it's been two years since we've seen GOT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I loved that they showed the Bolton sigil on Winterfell. It made you resent it more and more each time, and made it that much more satisfying when those banners fell and the Stark banners returned.
smokeythebear
AG
Well that's the thing, I'm in the middle of Season 4 and Winterfell has been in ruins forever but they keep showing it. The wall at least made sense in that Jon was north of the wall.

Makes sense now. I guess I never noticed KL is always included because there's always still action there.
CapCityAg89
AG
Meereen
rsf0626
Just made it through GOT finally. Favorite episode is the finale of Season 6, Winds of Winter. I got so hyped watching it
MonkeyKnifeFighter
Agnzona
So true and he should fire his agent. Had he been a dick and Arya killed him his career would have gone next level.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We know Euron Greyjoy is [unfortunately] still a player, so they'll likely show Pyke as well.

Anyone of consequence still in Essos? I can't remember the last time they just completley skipped Essos altogether. Was that the case in S7?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Maybe Dario has to bring the second sons and armies of yunkai and mereen to save the day and have a three way with Jon and Dany?
Rex Racer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We know Euron Greyjoy is [unfortunately] still a player, so they'll likely show Pyke as well.

Anyone of consequence still in Essos? I can't remember the last time they just completley skipped Essos altogether. Was that the case in S7?

Right. No Essos in 7.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The only places shown in credits last seasons besides KL, TW, WF and Dragonstone were Oldtown x7, and one of these each episode: The Twins E1, Pyke E2-4, Eastwatch E5-7. Pyke was shown despite the episode not going there (but had Euron appearance). And TW and Oldtown ere always shown in S7 even though they did not go there in several episodes each. It was like they wanted 6 in each episode for the credits so if they did not have somewhere else they visited they added Pyke.

S6 had Essos throughout, but not since.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

"A huge growth in you."

"Average."

LOL
wangus12
AG
Did we decide we were going to start spoiler tagging predictions and what not. I've seen at least one post that had information from the leaks, whether it was intentional or not.

Granted it also depends on the leaks being accurate.
Teddy Perkins
AG
New theory.

TCTTS
AG

https://medium.com/hbo-cinemax-pr/game-of-thrones-the-last-watch-debuts-may-26-on-hbo-24c53e978cd3
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds awesome.
CapCityAg89
AG
Funny. But they MUST be drunk. Sophie Turner is ****ing hot though.
Prosperdick
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Hot ginger for sure...that Jonas dude is a lucky guy...and apparently average.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggieFanatic09 said:

Maybe Dario has to bring the second sons and armies of yunkai and mereen to save the day and have a three way with Jon and Dany?
Phrasing
AG
Quote:

Dany was warned in her visions that she would be betrayed three times - once for blood, once for gold and once for love. she has been betrayed by the witch lady who killed Drogo and her son (for blood) and Jorah (for gold).....could tyrion betray her for love?
Could Dario be the one that betrays her for love? He loved her and she made him stay in Mereen. Maybe he joins up with the Golden Company that is shown in the trailer? Just a thought
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

She gets hotter every year. She looks so much better as a blonde.
Urban Ag
AG
He can't really betray her, she left him behind.

We won't see him again.
The Dog Lord
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I loved that they showed the Bolton sigil on Winterfell. It made you resent it more and more each time, and made it that much more satisfying when those banners fell and the Stark banners returned.

It was good, but I was disappointed they didn't change the stag over KL to a lion once Cersei took over. She doesn't seem to be making a claim because of her marriage to Robert, they specifically mention Lannister instead of Baratheon when listing her titles.
Urban Ag
AG
Yes. Said that to my wife a while back. Got slapped in back of head with girl aggie ring.
Liquid Wrench
Brian Earl Spilner said:

CapCityAg89 said:

She gets hotter every year. She looks so much better as a blonde.
Maybe it's just me, but I think most girls look better in their 20's than they do at 13 or 14 or whatever she was when GoT started.
double aught
AG
I was thinking the same thing. Way to go out on a limb.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.