****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,109,200 Views | 14599 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Urban Ag
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG



Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jesus, had no idea about Emilia Clarke. That's pretty awful.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So there are a lot of things they could do with Young Griff but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I've spoilered our my thoughts below. I have no idea if this is true, it's my theory.


Like in the book, the Golden Company could sell Cersi out; which is what I think happens. I think they get to KL kill the iron born, and then surround the city, this is what forces Cersi's hand in going "mad" and saying eff it imma kill everyone!
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.amazon.com/Comprehensive-Collection-Things-that-Knows/dp/1535116501
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://www.amazon.com/Comprehensive-Collection-Things-that-Knows/dp/1535116501


What about this one?

The autobiography of Hodor: My Journey North https://www.amazon.com/dp/179916909X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZefLCb4R2J9KB
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OnlyForNow said:

So there are a lot of things they could do with Young Griff but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I've spoilered our my thoughts below. I have no idea if this is true, it's my theory.


Like in the book, the Golden Company could sell Cersi out; which is what I think happens. I think they get to KL kill the iron born, and then surround the city, this is what forces Cersi's hand in going "mad" and saying eff it imma kill everyone!
Young Griff was another GRRM rabbit hole in the books and I am 99% certain will remain as such in the final season. In other words, no Young Griff. Just like no Quentin Martell. I honestly think the inclusion of the Golden Company is just a means to keep Cersei relevant in such that she actually still has a formidable army.

I like your idea though. Just don't think there is enough time left to introduce new characters of any merit. It's GOT End Game.


wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

OnlyForNow said:

So there are a lot of things they could do with Young Griff but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I've spoilered our my thoughts below. I have no idea if this is true, it's my theory.


Like in the book, the Golden Company could sell Cersi out; which is what I think happens. I think they get to KL kill the iron born, and then surround the city, this is what forces Cersi's hand in going "mad" and saying eff it imma kill everyone!
Young Griff was another GRRM rabbit hole in the books and I am 99% certain will remain as such in the final season. In other words, no Young Griff. Just like no Quentin Martell. I honestly think the inclusion of the Golden Company is just a means to keep Cersei relevant in such that she actually still has a formidable army.

I like your idea though. Just don't think there is enough time left to introduce new characters of any merit. It's GOT End Game.



Yeah, I don't see how they can introduce Young Griff with this little time left. Obviously they are introducing the leader of the Golden Company, but I feel like he was just be another pawn for Cersei rather than some major player
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just trying to think if they can tie him into Targaryan support somehow.

They won't introduce the Blackfyres now, it's WAY too late, but I see that being a nice bookend sort of thing and will keep Cersi in the Red Keep along with her fighting force.
emtes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Urban Ag said:

OnlyForNow said:

So there are a lot of things they could do with Young Griff but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I've spoilered our my thoughts below. I have no idea if this is true, it's my theory.


Like in the book, the Golden Company could sell Cersi out; which is what I think happens. I think they get to KL kill the iron born, and then surround the city, this is what forces Cersi's hand in going "mad" and saying eff it imma kill everyone!
Young Griff was another GRRM rabbit hole in the books and I am 99% certain will remain as such in the final season. In other words, no Young Griff. Just like no Quentin Martell. I honestly think the inclusion of the Golden Company is just a means to keep Cersei relevant in such that she actually still has a formidable army.

I like your idea though. Just don't think there is enough time left to introduce new characters of any merit. It's GOT End Game.



Yeah, I don't see how they can introduce Young Griff with this little time left. Obviously they are introducing the leader of the Golden Company, but I feel like he was just be another pawn for Cersei rather than some major player
That, and didn't GRRM say at one point that when he helped adapt this into a television series that he had to omit characters as well as combine some? I've read a couple theories about Young Griff being x or y in the show, this could support that. I just don't see the point of introducing any more characters at this point - with so much to tie up as is.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess this makes more sense, but that is kind of what I am thinking.

He is combined with someone or someones else, and while right now he looks like a sellsword, it turns out he is going to be loyal to Dany.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That spoiler black out hurts old eyes.

The Pick'em is closed and everyone should be on the spreadsheet. We have 19 players in all so should be lots of fun. I'll try to post standings updates within 24 hours of each episode once they get started, and of course I'll be altering my own picks around 3 a.m. so I can win.

Appreciate everyone taking time to play, as well as the 3 people who got my Death Blow reference.
TheDraw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
See How Much the 'Game of Thrones' Cast Makes Per Episode


Quote:

Kit Harington $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $12 million USD)
Peter Dinklage $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $16 million USD)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $16 million USD)
Emilia Clarke $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $13 million USD)
Lena Headey $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $9 million USD)
Maisie Williams $150,000 USD (Net Worth: $6 million USD)
Sophie Turner $150,000 USD (Net Worth: $6 million USD)

Any one surprised?
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The women are underpaid, unless they've shown their bewbs
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheDraw said:

See How Much the 'Game of Thrones' Cast Makes Per Episode


Quote:

Kit Harington $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $12 million USD)
Peter Dinklage $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $16 million USD)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $16 million USD)
Emilia Clarke $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $13 million USD)
Lena Headey $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $9 million USD)
Maisie Williams $150,000 USD (Net Worth: $6 million USD)
Sophie Turner $150,000 USD (Net Worth: $6 million USD)

Any one surprised?
Kinda actually. Those big bang idiots make like 7 figures an episode for that garbage
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love Jaime Lannister, but there's no way he should be making more than Emilia or Lena. At all.
PDEMDHC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just tells me the adults make more money than the kids who grew up to be adults.
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I love Jaime Lannister, but there's no way he should be making more than Emilia or Lena. At all.
But he makes the same per episode...not more.

I'd be curious to see how much screen time each actor has on average per episode.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

TheDraw said:

See How Much the 'Game of Thrones' Cast Makes Per Episode


Quote:

Kit Harington $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $12 million USD)
Peter Dinklage $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $16 million USD)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $16 million USD)
Emilia Clarke $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $13 million USD)
Lena Headey $500,000 USD (Net Worth: $9 million USD)
Maisie Williams $150,000 USD (Net Worth: $6 million USD)
Sophie Turner $150,000 USD (Net Worth: $6 million USD)

Any one surprised?
Kinda actually. Those big bang idiots make like 7 figures an episode for that garbage
That show sucks but they are on network TV with audiences of 18-20 million per episode for the last 4 years. Game of Thrones' highest viewership ever for any epsiode is 12 million.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, but I'm curious about global audience.

Why doesn't HBO ever release those stats?
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm rewatching the series, and I've come to the conclusion that the Westerosi religion is idiotic. How could they possibly give up the Old Gods, when there is evidence of them literally everywhere with the Weirwoods? They literally fought magic elves that worshipped these gods. And then the Lord of Light shows signs of his power everywhere. Just seems like you would pick the religion who's God proves itself to the people constantly.

I might be jaded though, because I hated the whole High Sparrow plotline.
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just watched "Oathbreaker" - Season 6, Ep3

Allister Thorn said something with a hint of foreshadowing:

"I fought, I lost, now I rest. But you Lord Jon Snow, you'll be fighting their battles forever."

Alluding to Jon being around for a LOOOOONNG time to come (becoming the Nights King?)
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Champ Bailey said:


I might be jaded though, because I hated the whole High Sparrow plotline.
Let's take some of our biggest characters and watch them sit in a cell for a season.
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught said:

Champ Bailey said:


I might be jaded though, because I hated the whole High Sparrow plotline.
Let's take some of our biggest characters and watch them sit in a cell for a season.


This part just started during my rewatch. This plot line along with Arya's in Bravos at the same time makes me want to skip the season. It's so boring. The only part I'm looking forward to right now is Tyrion is about to meet Dany.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. It's the worst season (even though it doesn't feature Bran, whose three eyed raven story is the most boring of the show). But the stuff at the wall is good. I just watched Hardhome. The Night King's raise the dead move as he stares at John Snow is so baller.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Episode IV said:

Just watched "Oathbreaker" - Season 6, Ep3

Allister Thorn said something with a hint of foreshadowing:

"I fought, I lost, now I rest. But you Lord Jon Snow, you'll be fighting their battles forever."

Alluding to Jon being around for a LOOOOONNG time to come (becoming the Nights King?)
Alliser Thorne's speech at the battle of castle black is a top 5 series moment for me. You know a show is great where you can go from hating a character to wanting to stand next to him in battle in 5 seconds.

Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

Champ Bailey said:


I might be jaded though, because I hated the whole High Sparrow plotline.
Let's take some of our biggest characters and watch them sit in a cell for a season.


Well that too but, For me, (book discussion) I always kind of hated how much screen time was spent on Loras being gay. In the books, it's hinted at, but it's never really a plotline. Cersei imprisons Margery over not being a virgin when she marries Tormen, not because she knew about Loras being gay. They just turned Loras from one of the biggest badasses in the book into this kind of whiny gay twerp that can fight pretty well. Then they actually devoted an entire season storyline to persecuting him for it, and instead of making some kind of point out of the change, they have him lose, announce his homosexuality as a perversion, and just blow up the sept to kill them all off. It just seemed like the showriters tried to make a point, and then gave up on it halfway through because they thought this will be a really GRRM thing to do.

Although I kind of think the same thing about Finn Jones in the Iron Fist, so maybe it's just him.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Champ Bailey said:

So I'm rewatching the series, and I've come to the conclusion that the Westerosi religion is idiotic. How could they possibly give up the Old Gods, when there is evidence of them literally everywhere with the Weirwoods? They literally fought magic elves that worshipped these gods. And then the Lord of Light shows signs of his power everywhere. Just seems like you would pick the religion who's God proves itself to the people constantly.

I might be jaded though, because I hated the whole High Sparrow plotline.


I thought the Andals came and brought their religion with them, it wasn't like 6/7ths of Westeros up and abandoned the old gods at once. Rather the Andals pushed the First Men up to the north where the Old Gods still survive.
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Faith, Aria in Bravos, the Grey Joys (unless Theon completes his redemption arc) and to even a degree Ramsy Bolton had way too much time devoted to the plot on the show IMHO.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season 6 is so ****ing good.

Tower of Joy, the door, Battle of the *******s, Sept going boom, and best of all, no Dorne. (After the first ep anyway)
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
canadiaggie said:

Champ Bailey said:

So I'm rewatching the series, and I've come to the conclusion that the Westerosi religion is idiotic. How could they possibly give up the Old Gods, when there is evidence of them literally everywhere with the Weirwoods? They literally fought magic elves that worshipped these gods. And then the Lord of Light shows signs of his power everywhere. Just seems like you would pick the religion who's God proves itself to the people constantly.

I might be jaded though, because I hated the whole High Sparrow plotline.


I thought the Andals came and brought their religion with them, it wasn't like 6/7ths of Westeros up and abandoned the old gods at once. Rather the Andals pushed the First Men up to the north where the Old Gods still survive.


I believe you are right. Still, you would think that the Targaryens would have refused to adopt it, and that many Andals would have switched over after seeing the God's Woods. Although I believe the Targaryen's did it for political reasons.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm reading Fire and blood right now, it's interesting but give a lot of backstroy on the Targets.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hold the door
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hold the door

That's rough but doesn't hold a candle to Shireen unsuspectingly being burned alive by her own father. When she is walking out there holding that wooden Stag. Wow. I had to fast forward through that entire scene last night.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, toughest moment in the show.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hold the door

Was this recorded right after the Titans cut VY?
Page 49 of 418
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.