****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,636 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
TomHagensWife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who is on the left of Varys?
Dro07
AG
Looks like Gendry
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, I saw an interview and Gendry looks really different in different light an with hair. He's a male two-face.
TomHagensWife
Thanks!
BowSowy
AG
Send Tom my regards
TomHagensWife
You know my husband?
InternetFan02
AG
Just watched episode 5 again this time in the media room on big screen. Epic filmmaking. I'm so glad they went all out and destroyed Kings landing instead of some cheapass assassin kills Cersei bull*****

I've been waiting for years to see the dragon destroy that miserable city and it was so satisfying to see cersei go down panicked and crying.

Now I'm sure the dumbass Starks will save the day. Tyrion could go either way.
chiken
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Yeah, I saw an interview and Gendry looks really different in different light an with hair. He's a male two-face.

For all the lover of men - feast your eyes on this

cbr
AG
mazag08 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

Something that just struck me, we never even see Arya use her faceless man abilities this season.... kind of a let down.

I thought they addressed that.. she's not faceless anymore. She is Faceless style assassin who has accepted her true identity of Arya Stark. Her faceless journey was because she didn't want to be a stark or a "lady" and wanted revenge on countless people. It ate her up and led her down her path. This season has seen her arc as embracing her heritage and her journey one in the same.
Having someone elses face certainly gives an edge in the ole assassin game though.
Claude!
Spoilers from last episode, obviously:

cbr
AG
ScottishFire said:

cbr said:

The military history site gets it

https://www.wearethemighty.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-the-bells

I don't find this comparison accurate at all. For the Allies to invade Japan, it was going to cost an estimated 6-14 million Allied and Japanese lives.
To drop the atomic bombs, it was going to cost 220,000 civilian lives.
That's the math Truman used to justify his decision.

The atomic bombs were used to force Japan's ruling class to surrender while saving American and allied troop lives.
Dany burned King's landing after they had essentially surrendered and actually cost more of her soldiers to die. She did it to quench her hate and blood lust.

The author of that article failed miserably with their comparison.
Well, conquering westeros the hard way had already cost her basically all her western allies, her whole fleet, most of her dothraki, most of her unsullied, all of her friends, and 2 of her dragons, and she was facing untold armies of spies, assassins, undefeated armies, undeterred lords, unafraid citizens, etc. she was going to have to face all that without the resources to do it.

The analogy is exact. Dead on. 100%. And frankly i bet the author would tell you that if you asked him.
cbr
AG
TCTTS said:

Is that right now? Lol. Wheres cersi?
TomHagensWife
She's to the left of Jamie.
cbr
AG
TomHagensWife said:

She's to the left of Jamie.
Behind the big woman?
TomHagensWife
Yes
Urban Ag
AG
cbr said:

ScottishFire said:

cbr said:

I don't find this comparison accurate at all. For the Allies to invade Japan, it was going to cost an estimated 6-14 million Allied and Japanese lives.

The atomic bombs were used to force Japan's ruling class to surrender while saving American and allied troop lives.
Dany burned King's landing after they had essentially surrendered and actually cost more of her soldiers to die. She did it to quench her hate and blood lust.

Well, conquering westeros the hard way had already cost her basically all her western allies, her whole fleet, most of her dothraki, most of her unsullied, all of her friends, and 2 of her dragons, and she was facing untold armies of spies, assassins, undefeated armies, undeterred lords, unafraid citizens, etc. she was going to have to face all that without the resources to do it.

The analogy is exact. Dead on. 100%. And frankly i bet the author would tell you that if you asked him.
you've got the right of this. This is GRRM's vision in play. Yes it needed more episodes and probably a 9th season but that wasn't in the cards.
Urban Ag
AG
I'm stuck in a hotel and been watching Ep4 and I have to say, I just think expectations for this final season are simply out of control.

The dialogue has been fantastic. As ridiculous as the Bronn scene was (in what he was going for) it was probably still the best dialogue of this season. Rewatch it and just listen to the exchange between the three of them. Greatness. The Tyrion/Varys conversations are about as good as tv gets. Period. Tyrion and Qyburn is great too. Arya and Hound. Sansa and the Hound. So much greatness here that is getting thrown to the curb because so many viewers are not getting what they want.

And man, after all these re-watches I have done, Dany's build up was absolutely there. The resentment, the frustration, the anger, the betrayal, and ultimately the rage. Destroying KL is not a new concept. It is often spoke of and debated on the show.

Again, it's far from perfect but it is good tv IMO. Dany was primed up for this.

I'm out. Hope peeps can turn down their expectations and just try to enjoy the ending to this epic series. I have no idea how this is going to turn out and I love it.
canadiaggie
AG
cbr said:

ScottishFire said:

cbr said:

It would be analogous if the Allies invaded Japan with the help of Japanese separatists in the north and south, surrounded Tokyo, forced a surrender, and then proceeded to drop an atomic bomb on it despite having the entire country secured, more or less. Dany has the allegiance of the North, the Vale, presumably what's left of the Riverlands, part of the Iron Islands faction, Dorne, and the Reach behind her without having to wage war on any of them (with the exception of Euron's Ironborn).

Aegon the Conqueror's story is far more on point. When he invaded a wholly hostile Westeros, he nuked Harrenhal from on the back of his dragon and the lords of Westeros quickly lined up to bend the knee with the exception of Dorne.
redline248
AG
dromo07 said:

Looks like Gendry

I think it's Pod
ac04
Urban Ag
AG

NM
JABQ04
AG
We are the mighty sucks. Avoid using them as your source for military history. Someone else already covered it but their assessment of Westeros to 1945 Japan is bad
wangus12
AG
I refuse to accept anything other than Tormund's giant tit-sucking story as the greatest piece of dialogue this season
JABQ04
AG
They were also brainwashing every man, woman and child to resist an Allied invasion. Look at what it took for us to take Okinawa for a small taste of what invading Japan would be like. Look at all the civilian suicides in Saipan as a result of Japanese brain washing. The above poster is right. Dany nuking KL would be like us occupying Tokyo, having the Japanese surrender delegation on the way to the USS Missouri and then dropping the nukes.

Also Drogon razing the Red Keep would have been the Westerosi Equivalent of a tactical strike. Minimal civilian casualties, demonstrate how powerful your dragon is and take out the head of your enemy.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Any hope that Jon chooses to become king?
Dro07
AG
I think you maybe right
Dro07
AG
He doesn't want it
Dro07
AG
Real question here for me is does Tyrion finish his joke about the honeycomb and the ass?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dromo07 said:

He doesn't want it

Which means he will probably get it.
redline248
AG
Everyone do a favor for me and don't start posting until like 11p central. Hate having 300+ posts to read once I finish the show
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Does Tyrion live or die?
cbr
AG
JABQ04 said:

We are the mighty sucks. Avoid using them as your source for military history. Someone else already covered it but their assessment of Westeros to 1945 Japan is bad
Their analogy is dead on.

You guys are fighting it so hard.

The strange thing is that if you guys were right and burning kl made no sense, then the show sucks, the story makes no sense, and has no point, just like so many people who havent comprehended the point of the entire series are complaining about.

But burning kl makes PERFECT sense, and is really the only option - and therefore the show makes sense and is much more enjoyable.

You can hate the game. You can even hate the player. But at least you know why they are forced into these moves.

Why fight that?
puryearag85
AG
Hope sad sack Jon dies good grief
Broba Fett
T-minus 118 minutes until the *****fest fires up on here.
AgMarauder04
AG
cbr said:

ScottishFire said:

cbr said:

I'm irrationally angry at the number of Dothraki and Unsullied.left. it's like that number keeps.growing.
First Page Last Page
Page 379 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.