****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,387 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Twice an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting note:
The music playing when Cersei blew up the Sept of Balor was the same that was playing as Dany started burning Kings Landing...
cbr
AG
The military history site gets it

https://www.wearethemighty.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-the-bells

Sports-Ag
AG
Does anyone know where they can find a pool sheet for the finale tonight? Going to watch with friends.
thepartygoat
AG
cbr
AG
Btw, one small tidbit along with the million other reasons why kings landing had to be destroyed - varys, baelish, cersi...all the successful schemers, all used *****s, children, maids, etc to do their dirty work. Including the little girl that tried, and i think succeeded, to poison danarys. 7 year olds hacked up maesters. Burned the sept. Slit hamstrings.

These creatures killled more would be kings than any army. Basically of all the key players, only ramsey and stannis died because they lost a battle. And even then it was political maneuvers that swayed the tide.

Its the entire culture of kings landing that has to be purged if anyone is going to make the world a better place

Killing armies wont cut it.

Danarys' fiery version of drain the swamp.
redline248
AG
You certainly are dedicated
Txgunrnnr
AG
So, is anyone else's sudden link cable and internet out?

They got 8 hours to get this fixed so I can watch the finale.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
G Martin 87
AG
AustinAg2K
So, basically if no one tries to kill Dany in the final episode and kingdom lives in peace, then Cbr is right. If someone does try to kill her or tries to revolt, he is wrong.
Urban Ag
AG
AustinAg2K said:

So, basically if no one tries to kill Dany in the final episode and kingdom lives in peace, then Cbr is right. If someone does try to kill her or tries to revolt, he is wrong.
Why?

I don't think cbr is saying that her strategy will lead to unicorns and rainbows. It's more of the mindset of Dany, to break the wheel she has to wipe KL off the fact of the planet. That and I think she has come to hate Westeros in general. What that ultimately leads to is something else. I don't think she survives the final episode myself.

Interestingly, both the Dothraki and many of the northern soldiers were fully participating in the rape and murder of women and children too. That's not surprising of the Dothraki in how they conquer, but in retrospect I wonder if there was a point in the specific scene where either northern or Vale soldiers attacked women and one was apparently going to commit rape before Jon killed him.
Dad
AG
There is not any info or even hints of info inside my spoiler tag but is about a spoiler.

At breakfast today my nephew told us the alleged spoilers that are out there. All I can say is I hope he read some bad info because it sounds lame.
AtlAg05
AG
Dany just wants a new city built, Queen's Landing.
Urban Ag
AG
GRRM is releasing a series of motivational and self-help books written by your favorite Game of Thrones characters.

Just Burn It!
Dany Targaryen's guide to being your own boss and believing in yourself. Release your inner dragon to find your full potential in life.

I Can't Quit You
Jamie Lannister's compelling story of dysfunctional behaviors and finding help while you can still turn your life around.

Make Mine Highgarten! A Sellswords Guide to Building Wealth & Financial Security
Bronn shares many of his own secrets on how he went from the streets of Kings Landing to one of the richest men in Westeros. Learn negotiation tactics. Double your net worth in mere days! It's all here.

Hodor!
Hodor.

Learning to Live with Loss
Co-authored by Lord Varys, Theon Greyjoy, and Grew Worm, this heartfelt collaboration takes a hard look at coping with a devastating loss and how to find meaning and purpose again in life.

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
Melisandre of Asshai finally reveals her tips and secrets to keep looking young and vibrant.

Little Birds& Little Bich's
Sandor Clegane's guide to raising teenage girls to their full potential. Whether they aspire to be an assassin or ruthless Lady of a powerful house, the Hound has the answers.

add your own
FriendlyAg
C u c k: A How To
Jon takes his readers through how life is hard and when you don't know how to make a decision, just abdicate it. If you're feeling insecure and want someone else to take control, this is an inspirational story that will lead you to true liberation.
SoTXAg09
AG
My goodness you are persistent... but this is just wrong.

Of course the who-ores, maids and children obey their masters, they have no other choice. The common folk certainly have no reason to care once Baelish and Cersei are dead. As Beric said, common folk don't care who rules, they're just trying to survive. So obviously what their boss says, goes.

So by your own reasoning, all that accomplished is killing common people who didn't have much of a say in their own life. It's not like Dany gets to pick and choose every single person who will reside in KL.

And I personally don't care about the decision to torch the city. The writers just did a ****ty job getting us there.
Aggie_2463
AG
aggie-master said:

There is not any info or even hints of info inside my spoiler tag but is about a spoiler.

At breakfast today my nephew told us the alleged spoilers that are out there. All I can say is I hope he read some bad info because it sounds lame.

I agree with your spoiler post.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Txgunrnnr said:

Call and tell them you are a small business owner and you work from home. THey'll expedite the fix.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Txgunrnnr said:

Call and tell them you are a small business owner and you work from home. THey'll expedite the fix.

wel... tell them that and they are likely to insist they put you on a business plan.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Txgunrnnr said:

wel... tell them that and they are likely to insist they put you on a business plan.

They'll suggest it, like ATT Uverse does for me, but they appreciate the value of being well regarded by small business owners because of word of mouth advertising. When my 'net went out and I told them the situation, they had a tech out to look in 45 mins.
wangus12
AG
Caption says, "Being told the ending to Game of Thrones"

https://instagr.am/p/Bxp-l5tgbQ0
cbr
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I can't follow this 'logic'

Everyone is already trying to kill her except Jon and Davos, even Tyrion isn't trying but his efforts are certainly getting her killed. Jon isn't tryin to kill her, but his stupidity has set her up to be killed.

They key is now, she still has to deal with Jon, Davos and Tyrion, and probably Arya, but none of the little spiders or other schemers are going to bother her. And certainly no new armies are going to form up behind their lords either.

She's better off but not done yet.

Again, I think she's already dead though.
Federale01
AG
Sansa is the best schemer left in the game.
Txgunrnnr
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Txgunrnnr said:

Thanks for the suggestion, it finally came back on.
“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” -Henry Ford

#FJB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
Please don't suck.
cbr
AG
Federale01 said:

Sansa is the best schemer left in the game.
Yep. If she wins it'll be a clear message that the game always wins.
agrams
AG
This season, while entertaining, is very straightforward. I just want some surprises that are shock level (but not wholly unbelievable).
mazag08
AG
agrams said:

This season, while entertaining, is very straightforward. I just want some surprises that are shock level (but not wholly unbelievable).

I thought Dany going scorched earth was pretty shocking. And you can tell by all the whining on here that a lot of people expected the easier approach.. where she shows mercy. She didn't, people were shocked, and can't shake their pre conceived notions of they wanted this to play out.
Liquid Wrench
Hey man, if you think it's good writing, then good for you.
TCTTS
AG
mazag08
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Hey man, if you think it's good writing, then good for you.

I was decently surprised, entertained, on the edge of my seat, and had know idea what would happen next. I think that makes it pretty good, especially compared to the boring writing of the Battle of Winterfell and the terrible episode after it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bxpq1YgFDm8

Click it for the caption
ScottishFire
AG
cbr said:

The military history site gets it

https://www.wearethemighty.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-the-bells

I don't find this comparison accurate at all. For the Allies to invade Japan, it was going to cost an estimated 6-14 million Allied and Japanese lives.
To drop the atomic bombs, it was going to cost 220,000 civilian lives.
That's the math Truman used to justify his decision.

The atomic bombs were used to force Japan's ruling class to surrender while saving American and allied troop lives.
Dany burned King's landing after they had essentially surrendered and actually cost more of her soldiers to die. She did it to quench her hate and blood lust.

The author of that article failed miserably with their comparison.
Aggie_2463
AG
Something that just struck me, we never even see Arya use her faceless man abilities this season.... kind of a let down.
mazag08
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Something that just struck me, we never even see Arya use her faceless man abilities this season.... kind of a let down.

I thought they addressed that.. she's not faceless anymore. She is Faceless style assassin who has accepted her true identity of Arya Stark. Her faceless journey was because she didn't want to be a stark or a "lady" and wanted revenge on countless people. It ate her up and led her down her path. This season has seen her arc as embracing her heritage and her journey one in the same.
aggiedata
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 378 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.