****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,166 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who in this thread is going to have their mind changed that burning KL did or did not make sense? Why keep arguing it?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Broba Fett said:

T-minus 118 minutes until the *****fest fires up on here.

Imma try to get the thread deleted before then. lol.
BowSowy
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

cbr said:

ScottishFire said:

cbr said:

The military history site gets it

https://www.wearethemighty.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-the-bells

I don't find this comparison accurate at all. For the Allies to invade Japan, it was going to cost an estimated 6-14 million Allied and Japanese lives.
To drop the atomic bombs, it was going to cost 220,000 civilian lives.
That's the math Truman used to justify his decision.

The atomic bombs were used to force Japan's ruling class to surrender while saving American and allied troop lives.
Dany burned King's landing after they had essentially surrendered and actually cost more of her soldiers to die. She did it to quench her hate and blood lust.

The author of that article failed miserably with their comparison.
Well, conquering westeros the hard way had already cost her basically all her western allies, her whole fleet, most of her dothraki, most of her unsullied, all of her friends, and 2 of her dragons, and she was facing untold armies of spies, assassins, undefeated armies, undeterred lords, unafraid citizens, etc. she was going to have to face all that without the resources to do it.

The analogy is exact. Dead on. 100%. And frankly i bet the author would tell you that if you asked him.

I'm irrationally angry at the number of Dothraki and Unsullied.left. it's like that number keeps.growing.
I've chosen to accept that a large number of Dothraki and Unsullied were left behind when they went to Winterfell
FriendlyAg
Rewatching episode 5:

It suddenly occurs to me that maybe Dany burned the city because she didn't trust Tyrion. Varys betrayed her and Tyrion has failed her before. His brother is caught trying to get back to Cersei. She has a reason to not trust the surrender plan.

Also, Tyrion the very immoral character at the beginning of the show by this episode is doing everything in his power to save as many people as possible. Dany who has always had her heart in the right place does all the wrong things.
BenFiasco14
AG
Ready for the Howland Reed comeback!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AgMarauder04
AG
Sure.

They were facing the greatest enemy the world had ever known, I'm sure they were left behind.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's all ending. Hard to believe.

Glad I haven't been spoiled and avoided all leaks.

See y'all on the other side!
AgMarauder04
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Rewatching episode 5:

It suddenly occurs to me that maybe Dany burned the city because she didn't trust Tyrion. Varys betrayed her and Tyrion has failed her before. His brother is caught trying to get back to Cersei. She has a reason to not trust the surrender plan.

Also, Tyrion the very immoral character at the beginning of the show by this episode is doing everything in his power to save as many people as possible. Dany who has always had her heart in the right place does all the wrong things.

Uhhh.... Dany's heart is not in the right place. She was.begging Jon not to tell people his heritage because it threatens her claim. All she wants is to be queen.
BowSowy
AG
Hey, I never said it made sense but it makes a lot more sense than accepting the idea that there are left over Dothraki after we saw them get extinguished
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Two pages and no "Last game of the season..." gif.
WestAustinAg
AG
Last week was the ultimate headfake I think now. HBO will want to redeem her and make their new core audience happy. And it appears half of this crowd.

Am i right?
La Bamba
AG
You wanted Jon to kill the Night King? Noooooope.

You wanted Arya to kill Cersei? Haha, maybe next year partner. Construction got to her first.

Everyone presumes that Jon will now kill Dany for going scorched Earth on KL? Naaaaaah bro, too easy. Dany will trip on the steps of the iron throne and split her head open. Expectation subverted.

- D&D
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

the ending has leaked..... pure genius.... not sorry if I spoiled it:

ac04
i won't be satisfied unless bran stands up and walks to the iron throne
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ac04 said:

nah.... he won't walk.... but he'll fly there. it'll be epic.

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Last week was the ultimate headfake I think now. HBO will want to redeem her and make their new core audience happy. And it appears half of this crowd.

Am i right?

Only way to do really do that would be to bring over all of the brown skinned people from Essos and give them Westeros so that they would free from the masters forever.

*** Not trying to be political, just being factual.
WestAustinAg
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

WestAustinAg said:

Am i right?

Only way to do really do that would be to bring over all of the brown skinned people from Essos and give them Westeros so that they would free from the masters forever.

*** Not trying to be political, just being factual.

May dany just explains that she knew the bells were a Cersei trick and every goes; "ok...makes sense".

Dany fan club is happy again.
cbr
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

FriendlyAg said:

Rewatching episode 5:

Uhhh.... Dany's heart is not in the right place. She was.begging Jon not to tell people his heritage because it threatens her claim. All she wants is to be queen.

She does want to be queen and that's a selfish urge.

But she gave it up and asked Jon to love her and rule together.

He refused.

Jon like Ned can't play the game. He can't survive as a king in Kings Lansing. He lacks both the heart and the mind for it.

If as I think, Varys already poisoned her, she killed kl so Jon could take drogon and rule with the dragon fear she created. Rule from another place. Rule with both fear and love. And beat the game for a while. Break the wheel. Make the world a better place.

If Varys didn't poison her, then she can't rule from kL. It gets more complicated. Will she try again for love? Or stick with fear?

Love will be her downfall. The game kills everyone that tries for love. Just ask Ned and rob.

Broba Fett
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Not clicking, but you are a pompous ass for posting it if it is actually the spoilers.
La Bamba
AG
ac04 said:

Bran will wait until the last second to do something significant. He'll warg into Drogon and eat Dany alive Jurassic Park style.
Old Tom Morris
Chances the episode closes with Badfinger's "Baby Blue"?
Seabreeze
8 1/2 yrs of watching a TV show, something I'll never do again, or done before. 10 minutes out and I have enjoyed the **** out of all 8 seasons.
FriendlyAg
AgMarauder04 said:

FriendlyAg said:

Rewatching episode 5:

In her head/heart, her motivations for wanting the throne are for good reasons. She wants a more just world, but she's going about it all the wrong ways. That was what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.
Liquid Wrench
WestAustinAg said:

Am i right?

No.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
it's been fun.......

i'll take name change suggestions when this is over.

some possibilities:

-- OK. You were right Sansa. My bad.

-- Zombie DragonRider Aegon Targaryen the Undead: First of His Kind, Formerly known as Stark Basterd Jon Snow, Former Commander of the Night's Watch, Former King of the North, Master of Cave Sex and Banger of Aunts,

-- <unpronounceable symbol>

-- In my defense she was really hot in bed

-- Battle plans???....we don't need no stinkin' battle plans.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Broba Fett said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Not clicking, but you are a pompous ass for posting it if it is actually the spoilers.

JC dude... it literally says "Dr. Strangelove Final Scene" in the video title unless you don't see them inline for some reason.
chipotle
It's almost over
Cromagnum
AG
Damn. Leave it to my wife to wait until 7 minutes before this airs to decide she needs to water the garden and walk the damned dogs.
TyHolden
AG
I bought a box of tissues
TyHolden
AG
Cromagnum said:

Damn. Leave it to my wife to wait until 7 minutes before this airs to decide she needs to water the garden and walk the damned dogs.
lock the doors
Robert C. Christian
AG
See y'all on the other side.
FriendlyAg
Quote:

-- Zombie DragonRider Aegon Targaryen the Undead: First of His Kind, Formerly known as Stark Basterd Jon Snow, Former Commander of the Night's Watch, Former King of the North, Master of Cave Sex and Banger of Aunts,

Amazing if you actually created this yourself
FIDO95
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hbc07
AG
Watching the finale with my mother (visiting her over the weekend), i'm afraid there are going to be at least 10 pause and ask question moments.
Old Tom Morris
Cromagnum said:

This is when you tell her the train leaves the station at 8. She can be on it or not
First Page Last Page
Page 380 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.