****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,573 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
InternetFan02 said:

NSIAP

Daenerys Storms King's Landing, but to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls
Here's another good one.

Too bad he left the lyrics out, they're perfect...
Quote:

I'm a rolling thunder, a pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young but you're gonna die

I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get you, Satan get you

Hell's Bells
Yeah, Hell's Bells
You got me ringing Hell's Bells
My temperature's high, Hell's Bells

I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
If you're into evil you're a friend of mine
See my white light flashing as I split the night
'Cause if God's on the left, then I'm stickin' to the right

I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives
Nobody's puttin' up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get you, Satan get you
Aggie_2463
AG
wangus12 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

I'm sure it has been discussed but ... is Arya dead? That white horse looked like the leader of the golden company's horse.

I had that thought but brushed it off when I realized GOT has never shown a character in purgatory or on the other side of death, have they?

Is she alive or dead?
Pretty sure the leader's horse got killed by Drogon
That's what I meant. The leader's horse was killed, and if that was him, then Arya would be dead as well.
saltydog13
AG
It was Shadowfax as said earlier in the thread
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Why would the GC leaders horse appear there - middle of the city - for Arya when he was outside the gates.

Seems like the GC guys horse would not know Arya and if anything would appear for his owner?

I mean I get the idea that she is death - but does the horse know that he's never met her.

I think people put too much thought into that - given everything else we've seen my bet is the producers were like... it'd be cool if she rode off on a horse. Done.
Bregxit
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Why would the GC leaders horse appear there - middle of the city - for Arya when he was outside the gates.

Seems like the GC guys horse would not know Arya and if anything would appear for his owner?

I mean I get the idea that she is death - but does the horse know that he's never met her.

I think people put too much thought into that - given everything else we've seen my bet is the producers were like... it'd be cool if she rode off on a horse. Done.
If that is the case, then it again was laziness because the horse Arya rode off on is the same horse Harry Strickland was riding. Ozzyman or Alt-Shift-X (can't remember which) put side by side stills up and it is the same horse with the same bridle.
Urban Ag
AG
Nah
AgHawkeye
AG
redline248 said:

Thomas Ford 91 said:

Just to move on past the Dany flip, I don't get the confusion over Jamie's arc. He redeemed himself. But no matter how much you've bought into being a good guy, when that snarky ***** Sansa points out that your evil twin sister you've been ****ing since you were teenagers is about to die in a bad way, you go to try to save her. That's the right thing to do. What kind of ******* would be like "Hell Yeah Sansa you know it" and high-five her?

Jamie proved he's a good guy by giving up everything to die with Cersei.
No, he proved he's an idiot. He'd rather die than move on with his life and be an actual better person without her. Dumber move than charging at a dragon with a spear.

I feel like Jaime is drug addict and his drug is Cersei. Like many drug addicts during times of sobriety he is actually a really good dude who you see lots of potential in. Also, like many addicts he keeps coming back to his addiction and in the end it is what kills him. When sober he is willing to lose his hand for honor and then he robs a convenience store to get his fix. Thinking of him like this at least makes his "arc" make sense to me.
Ag-Hawkeye
Texaggie7nine
I can see it both ways. A well thought out story line of Bran guiding the horse there that is revealed, or they just wanted her on a white horse so they figured, well give the GC leader a horse and have it show up beat up at the end for Arya and everyone will just assume it ran around in the chaos and she found it.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We know that Bran had a vision of the dragon over KL, so it's certainly possible that he knows what's happening and warged into the horse.

That said, if it is the case, it's annoying that spoiler guy (Aggie Hunting) posted it immediately after the episode and pretended to pass it off as his brilliant theory.
M.C. Swag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I think people put too much thought into that
lol this is an incredible post
Phrasing
AG
AgHawkeye said:

redline248 said:

Thomas Ford 91 said:

Just to move on past the Dany flip, I don't get the confusion over Jamie's arc. He redeemed himself. But no matter how much you've bought into being a good guy, when that snarky ***** Sansa points out that your evil twin sister you've been ****ing since you were teenagers is about to die in a bad way, you go to try to save her. That's the right thing to do. What kind of ******* would be like "Hell Yeah Sansa you know it" and high-five her?

Jamie proved he's a good guy by giving up everything to die with Cersei.
No, he proved he's an idiot. He'd rather die than move on with his life and be an actual better person without her. Dumber move than charging at a dragon with a spear.

I feel like Jaime is drug addict and his drug is Cersei. Like many drug addicts during times of sobriety he is actually a really good dude who you see lots of potential in. Also, like many addicts he keeps coming back to his addiction and in the end it is what kills him. When sober he is willing to lose his hand for honor and then he robs a convenience store to get his fix. Thinking of him like this at least makes his "arc" make sense to me.
That's exactly how I viewed his character arc as well. He was addicted to Cersei. He tried to quit many times but in the end lost out. Sad story to see him go out like that, but that's what happens with addiction too much. It's too hard to break.

I also like to look at his death as he was comforting the one he loved in the end right before her death. He knew he was already dying, but still wanted to save his true love, and when he knew he couldn't, he wanted to make her feel the most at peace as she could. "Look at me, this is all that matters, you and me"
Phrasing
AG
saltydog13 said:

Haven't read the whole thread - who/what is Shadowfax? Don't want to google something and see a spoiler
JJxvi
AG
lmao
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Phrasing said:

saltydog13 said:

Haven't read the whole thread - who/what is Shadowfax? Don't want to google something and see a spoiler
King of Horses that Galdalf rode in Lord of the Rings.
bangobango
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

I think people put too much thought into that
lol this is an incredible post
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dlance said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

If that is the case, then it again was laziness because the horse Arya rode off on is the same horse Harry Strickland was riding. Ozzyman or Alt-Shift-X (can't remember which) put side by side stills up and it is the same horse with the same bridle.

Well..... or maybe once his rider was dead he rode off.

Harry Strickland was on foot when he died by the way. Grey Worm speared him from the back.

I'm gonna assume the horse ran off.... he is not anywhere near hm they panned completely around him. He then gets up and runs before Grey Worm spears him.

Phrasing
AG
So does anyone think this theory that Dany is already poisoned makes sense? Not sure I like that ending - was hoping to see her go out in a bigger death - but then again I was saying the same thing about Cersei and ended up being fine with it. If Dany is already dying and Cersei and Euron are already dead, then what drama do we have left?
bangobango
AG
I'm so confused.

Is it possible it is Strickland's horse AND Arya and the horse are both NOT dead?

Or is that too simple for everybody?
saltydog13
AG
Some big revelation of what Bran has been doing maybe?
saltydog13
AG
I was just being a smartass
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Pretty sure it's harry's Horse, they paused for a quick second to show it on the ground after the drogon explosion. As far as Arya dead, Nope. Just happened to get a white horse for her to ride which is this one.
Texaggie7nine
Horses run anywhere when spooked. Who's to say it wouldn't eventually end up in the city with all the enemy horses running in and fire all around?
7nine
Phrasing
AG
Smart ass maybe, but that kind of made sense to me.....ha. Need more coffee
chipotle
saltydog13 said:

Nope, it was Miracle
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Yes it's possible the horse simply ran off after the blast when Strickland was knocked off. Of course the horse would have then had to choose to run INTO a burning hole in a wall and into a war zone in the city instead of running off into the great wide open but..... sure it is possible.

not even being facetious here - it's possible the writers are that simple minded.

There are only 2 possibilities though given that it is the same horse:
1. both dead - and this has some deeper meaning they elected not to show us
2. both alive - and supposed to be completely random

Texaggie7nine
Phrasing said:

So does anyone think this theory that Dany is already poisoned makes sense? Not sure I like that ending - was hoping to see her go out in a bigger death - but then again I was saying the same thing about Cersei and ended up being fine with it. If Dany is already dying and Cersei and Euron are already dead, then what drama do we have left?
I don't buy it. She looked terrible when she wasn't eating. Then she looked better on the dragon. If she was poisoned she would look even worse in the last shot we see her face.
7nine
Phrasing
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

Phrasing said:

saltydog13 said:

King of Horses that Galdalf rode in Lord of the Rings.
haha! thx. I never watched LOTR - and to be honest, have never been a big fan of fantasy until this show. Whenever someone says - I can't watch GOT - I hate fantasty, I always tell them I was never a fan either, but this show transcends that.
Phrasing
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Phrasing said:

I don't buy it. She looked terrible when she wasn't eating. Then she looked better on the dragon. If she was poisoned she would look even worse in the last shot we see her face.
Don't buy it either.

Every poison we have seen in this show works pretty quick. yes, there could be another one out there that works a slow death, but why would Varys use that kind of poison and not just get it over quickly so she didn't have time to burn the city.

Also, if she did die and turn the throne over to Jon, would anyone really trust another Targ at this point? I'm pretty sure she wants Jon dead anyway since he has the better claim.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This panning shot around Strickland to the cavalry charge was a great callback to BoB. (Another Sapochnik-directed battle.)

Speaking of which, as much as I've enjoyed Seasons 7-8, I don't think any battle in these seasons has come close to matching this one moment from Battle of the *******s, for me.

The feeling of impending doom for Jon Snow, the climactic nature of it, the music swelling, just everything about it is perfect.
dcAg
The leader of the Gold Company wasnt on his horse when Drogon started napalming everyone. I think it is his horse.
Broba Fett
saltydog13 said:

Some big revelation of what Bran has been doing maybe?

He was phoning a friend. Howland Reed should be here any minute to sort things out.
M.C. Swag
AG
This thread is quite literally beating a dead (maybe) horse
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This panning shot around Strickland to the cavalry charge was a great callback to BoB. (Another Sapochnik-directed battle.)

Speaking of which, as much as I've enjoyed Seasons 7-8, I don't think any battle in these seasons has come close to matching this one moment from Battle of the *******s, for me.

The feeling of impending doom for Jon Snow, the climactic nature of it, the music swelling, just everything about it is perfect.

For a split second I thought "they aren't going to have him stand off the whole charge like Jon, are they?" Subtle nod to the kind of person Jon is
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Phrasing said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Phrasing said:

Don't buy it either.

Every poison we have seen in this show works pretty quick. yes, there could be another one out there that works a slow death, but why would Varys use that kind of poison and not just get it over quickly so she didn't have time to burn the city.

Also, if she did die and turn the throne over to Jon, would anyone really trust another Targ at this point? I'm pretty sure she wants Jon dead anyway since he has the better claim.

Just on her appearance... she looked terrible in the cave of DS for sure. Very gaunt.

But to me on the dragon she still doesn't look "great". Ignore the soot but her eyes still look sullen and she looks pale. She used to look glowing all the time really - i mean maybe a few weeks n the bleak winter north can do that but....

I'm not totally buying the poisoning, but given the writers and GRRM I don't totally discount it at this point.

She would have been right then about Varys and others in the West always wanting to kill her and never accept her. If so - it works for their shock value of the show both in what she did and what would be yet to come in the reveal.

Is that "bittersweet"????

anyway here she is in the cave and on Drogon

compared to the last time she was in WF before she left

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

This thread is quite literally beating a dead (maybe) horse

lmao

seeing as how i brought up beating a dead horse yesterday - i applaud you sir.
First Page Last Page
Page 367 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.