****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,206 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure it has been discussed but, what color are Dany's eyes? Could she full the Red Woman's words to Arya?
cbr
AG
cbr said:

Disagree with that conclusion - always enough bronns grey worms and missandres to help run things. But fascinated by her being poisoned already. She looked it. And that would be tragic.

But i honestly dont think shed have burned them all if she thought she was dying anyway, unless she thought she needed to to save jon.
Holy **** thats the ending. That has to be it.

'Dany, how could you do that? I cant go with you'

I didnt do it for me, jon. Im dying. Varys poisoned me. I did it for you.

you'd never survive kings landing, or the scheming of the lords. Never do what had to be done. Now take drogon and the unsullied. rule from the north. Be a dragon. Let no one challenge you. Let no one but those you trust near you. Make the world a better place.

*croak*

Shock. Tears.

Damn. If thats a guess its brilliant. If its a spoiler im going to kill you. If its wrong i probably will be dissappointed.
bangobango
AG
bangobango said:

You're going to be really disappointed Sunday night.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Just to move on past the Dany flip, I don't get the confusion over Jamie's arc. He redeemed himself. But no matter how much you've bought into being a good guy, when that snarky ***** Sansa points out that your evil twin sister you've been ****ing since you were teenagers is about to die in a bad way, you go to try to save her. That's the right thing to do. What kind of ******* would be like "Hell Yeah Sansa you know it" and high-five her?

Jamie proved he's a good guy by giving up everything to die with Cersei.
redline248
AG
Thomas Ford 91 said:

Just to move on past the Dany flip, I don't get the confusion over Jamie's arc. He redeemed himself. But no matter how much you've bought into being a good guy, when that snarky ***** Sansa points out that your evil twin sister you've been ****ing since you were teenagers is about to die in a bad way, you go to try to save her. That's the right thing to do. What kind of ******* would be like "Hell Yeah Sansa you know it" and high-five her?

Jamie proved he's a good guy by giving up everything to die with Cersei.
No, he proved he's an idiot. He'd rather die than move on with his life and be an actual better person without her. Dumber move than charging at a dragon with a spear.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cersei did once call him the stupidest Lannister.
AustinAg2K
Robert C. Christian said:

I'm sure it has been discussed but, what color are Dany's eyes? Could she full the Red Woman's words to Arya?

In the books her eyes are purple. Not sure on the show.
BarKeep_03
AG
Icecream_Ag
S

lavender/purple
Emilia can't wear the contacts so it's just kinda glossed over.

Of course Arya is supposed to have grey eyes iirc, but they appear pretty brown in the show
Robert C. Christian
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

lavender/purple
Emilia can't wear the contacts so it's just kinda glossed over.

Of course Arya is supposed to have grey eyes iirc, but they appear pretty brown in the show
Thanks the you and Austin Ag for the clarification. Of course, like most of the character development, they could throw out past eye color and make Dany's green to hurriedly wrap it up.
bangobango
AG
You knew this was coming:

gigemJTH12
AG
People are morons. They also collecting $100MM?
bangobango
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

People are morons. They also collecting $100MM?
I know this sounds crazy, but I kind of think some day one of these will actually work.

I mean, say HBO did it, don't you think it would draw a lot of ratings still? I know I'd probably watch, at least the first two or three, anyways.
Bregxit
AG
bangobango said:

Quote:

"David Benioff and DB Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (ie the books) to fall back on," it says.

"This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!"
Ok, which one of you was it?
InternetFan02
AG
Logistically how can the Targaryen reign last any further by the numbers? Let's assume Dany successfully unites the 7 kingdoms through fear of dragon like aegon did. Now how does she create Targaryen heirs? She can marry a high lord of the Reach or Dorne or something but she can't have kids. Seems like her only option is to have Jon start pumping out as many Targaryen pure bloods as possible and see which ones work out.

Marry Jon off to one of the main houses and keep the wife and kids at kings landing. Jon can live in the north if he wants and return home once a year to breed out some more. Do Targaryens do polygamy? I know I've seen aegon referred as having sister wives
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
dcAg said:

Arya shoots the dragon with an arrow while Dany is riding it.
I think Dany is way too big to ride on an arrow.
Texaggie7nine
dlance said:

bangobango said:

Quote:

"David Benioff and DB Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent writers when they have no source material (ie the books) to fall back on," it says.

"This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and make it happen, HBO!"
Ok, which one of you was it?

They need to petition Disney to keep D&D from making a new star wars series, because that's happening
7nine
The Dog Lord
AG
BarKeep_03 said:

(Also Jon): Didn't Dorne, the Tyrells, and Yara's ironborn swear to fight for you?

Dany: The Tyrells are gone.

Jon: Aren't I here with the North and our allies in the Vale? Also, I'm sure Edmure Tully would support you if D&D wanted to bring him back into the mix.

Dany: But none of these people love me.

Jon: Jesus Christ Dany, you've been here a few weeks.
wangus12
AG
The Dog Lord said:

BarKeep_03 said:

(Also Jon): Didn't Dorne, the Tyrells, and Yara's ironborn swear to fight for you?

Dany: The Tyrells are gone.

Jon: Aren't I here with the North and our allies in the Vale? Also, I'm sure Edmure Tully would support you if D&D wanted to bring him back into the mix.

Dany: But none of these people love me.

Jon: Jesus Christ Dany, you've been here a few weeks.
Dany went full stage 5 clinger. Jon was smart to get his and get out
tk for tu juan
bobinator said:

I don't think it takes some kind of 'A beautiful mind' codebreaking ability to see what was coming, but I also did a rewatch before this season started.

And like I said, your theory is fine, it makes perfect sense. But on the show we didn't see a single indicator that Dany was willing to torch the civilians after they had already surrendered. So that's why for some us it just seemed like a huge leap forward.

Do you not agree that some kind of scene could have helped that moment? It wouldn't even need to be blatant. She doesn't have to say "we're killing everyone, no matter what," but you don't think it would have been nice to at least see her dismiss the idea that surrender was even possible or something?

Also I don't see how you can just dismiss what the writers of the show said. I mean, they write the show...
Maybe like a callback to Robert's Rebellion when Tywin Lannister (ex-hand to Aerys) tricked the Targaryens into opening the gate to King's Landing before sacking the city, which was the final trigger to Aerys' plan to burn all of KL with wildfire. Between that event and every failure from her own Lannister hand, how can she trust a surrender from a Lannister army.

BarKeep_03
AG
InternetFan02
AG
NSIAP

Daenerys Storms King's Landing, but to Metallica's For Whom the Bell Tolls

YellowPot_97
AG
cbr said:

cbr said:

Disagree with that conclusion - always enough bronns grey worms and missandres to help run things. But fascinated by her being poisoned already. She looked it. And that would be tragic.

But i honestly dont think shed have burned them all if she thought she was dying anyway, unless she thought she needed to to save jon.

you'd never survive kings landing, or the scheming of the lords. Never do what had to be done. Now take drogon and the unsullied. rule from the north. Be a dragon. Let no one challenge you. Let no one but those you trust near you. Make the world a better place.

*croak*

Shock. Tears.

Damn. If thats a guess its brilliant. If its a spoiler im going to kill you. If its wrong i probably will be dissappointed.

Did you just quote yourself, agree with yourself, and threaten to kill you if you spoiled yourself with a spoiler?
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

Did you just quote yourself, agree with yourself, and threaten to kill you if you spoiled yourself with a spoiler?

I love when people get busted trying to talk to their sock
cbr
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

cbr said:

cbr said:

*croak*

Shock. Tears.

Someone else posted the idea. I replied. Then i thought about it and accidentally quoted myself instead of the poster. Im messed up but not quite that far gone.
cbr
AG
CJAG90 said:

Here's a real life thought about an imaginary situation: Danerys has pissed off everyone-ish from Westeros still alive (iron islands and Dorne possibly excluded). What she has misunderstood is that she cannot rule Westeros by herself. She needs a city-full of administrators, clerks, etc and a leadership group so that she doesn't have to make every stinking decision. So, what does she have - an inner circle that wants to gtfo, a continent of people wanting nothing to do with her, and NO family structure (like the Lannister's once had). Which means that if the leaders still alive that came with her (minus probably grey worm) say "not gonna help you - afraid of you - cya" - she is totally fooked. If logic prevails she will have to fly back to Mereen and have the iron born ferry back the unsullied and Dothraki that don't want to stay. My guess is that the show runners won't deal with this logic issue and will just have her killed. New rockstars suggests that she may already be poisoned (by Varys)
Lol, here is the idea i quoted
Liquid Wrench
Quote:

Im messed up but not quite that far gone.

Dornish wine?
Urban Ag
AG
Sex Panther said:

Quote:

I love when people get busted trying to talk to their sock
I'm Ron Burgundy?

Aggie_2463
AG
I'm sure it has been discussed but ... is Arya dead? That white horse looked like the leader of the golden company's horse.

I had that thought but brushed it off when I realized GOT has never shown a character in purgatory or on the other side of death, have they?

Is she alive or dead?
Bregxit
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

I'm sure it has been discussed but ... is Arya dead? That white horse looked like the leader of the golden company's horse.

I had that thought but brushed it off when I realized GOT has never shown a character in purgatory or on the other side of death, have they?

Is she alive or dead?
Quote:

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Arya is death.
bearamedic99
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox/comments/bpc66m/this_still_makes_me_angry_years_later/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Urban Ag
AG
BarKeep_03 said:

Bronn's last two scenes were so completely terrible that I stopped caring about the character at all.

I was hoping that while Dany was burning KL to the ground, a drunk, shirtless, Bronn, oblivious to what was going on, stumbles out of a brothel, looks up to see Drogon on a strafing run right at him, and mutters "you f'ing cvnts" right before he becomes Bronn BBQ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
cbr said:

cbr said:

*croak*

Shock. Tears.

wangus12
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

Is she alive or dead?
Pretty sure the leader's horse got killed by Drogon
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.