****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,138,070 Views | 14612 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aTmAg
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pete_claw98 said:

As the Mountain knocks the Hound over and raises his sword to kill the Hound...........Arya slits his throat from behind. Saving the Hound and finishing her list.
I'm roughly 100% sure this is going to happen. Arya is going to kill the Mountain to save the Hound.

I'm as sure of that as I am anything else that's about to happen.
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since the Mountain is already dead, I would think simply slitting his throat would have no effect.
But hell...the show writers are doing w/e at this point haha
Luke Smith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Qyburn seemed to be replacing his blood with some kind of... let's say dark magic blood. So I've been assuming the mountain's body still functions like a normal one, but now he's like on magic steroids or whatever. Which is to say I think there's plenty of reason to believe that slitting his throat would work.
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?

I would absolutely consider that a spoiler
FightinTexasAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

Qyburn seemed to be replacing his blood with some kind of... let's say dark magic blood. So I've been assuming the mountain's body still functions like a normal one, but now he's like on magic steroids or whatever. Which is to say I think there's plenty of reason to believe that slitting his throat would work.
Idk man I think it's always safest to just go for the head
Brock Sampson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if Arya died in the next episode.
pete_claw98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cat paw dagger!!! Duhhh

Ok. Slots the head completely off.

Valyrian steel works on ALL undead. That's why Jon is very carful with his. I mean I slice while cleaning it changes the entire show. Am I right?
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like the Mountain burns as the show had been all about symmetry(Jaime losing the hand he pushed Bran out the window with, LF getting his throat slit with the Catspaw, etc.) and he's the one that pushed baby Sandor's head into the flames. But maybe I'm asking for too much from the shows writers.

Also I watched a doc on Netflix last night called the Creative Brain that featured one of the Davids, and hes so eat up with his own perceived brillance I wanted to chuck the remote at the TV.
Body By Fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I almost started that but just the preview was enough to make me think it was a bunch of fart-sniffing.

And the Davids always seem very assured of their own brilliance, which I guess comes with having a wildly successful TV show.
InternetFan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

Why doesn't Ned have any cousins? They have been in Winterfell for 1000 years there should be Starks all over the place.




Stark family tree found on reddit, not sure if accurate

It shows Ned's father being an only child, so no cousins

Ned's grandfather had 1 sister who married to the Royce house (Vale?) so all the 2nd cousins are over there.

Ned's great grandfather had many siblings with male heirs but they don't show if they had any kids. Also shows Ned's father married his 2nd cousin so there is light incest with the starks.

Looks like you have to go back 6 generations to get to the house umber branch and I don't see a karstark branch.

M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?

I would absolutely consider that a spoiler
lol i posted this sentiment earlier and got blasted for it.

Original Post
Quote:

Am i the only one who doesnt like people posting those odds without spoiler tags? I mean, the series finished filming almost a year ago and there have certainly been plot leaks in the past. Couldn't these odds be a form of spoiler?
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
InternetFan02 said:

bonfarr said:

Why doesn't Ned have any cousins? They have been in Winterfell for 1000 years there should be Starks all over the place.




Stark family tree found on reddit, not sure if accurate

It shows Ned's father being an only child, so no cousins

Ned's grandfather had 1 sister who married to the Royce house (Vale?) so all the 2nd cousins are over there.

Ned's great grandfather had many siblings with male heirs but they don't show if they had any kids. Also shows Ned's father married his 2nd cousin so there is light incest with the starks.

Looks like you have to go back 6 generations to get to the house umber branch and I don't see a karstark branch.




https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Karlon_Stark

That's pretty cool family tree. But think about how massive it would have to be to go back all the way to Bran the Builder.
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm ok with it, bc I hate the Mountain. Also, didn't Oberyn give him some pretty fatal injuries, even without the poison?
Brock Sampson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?


Absolutely
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.


Was Oberyn's character a knockoff of Diego Montoya or what?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Champ Bailey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?


I mean, he had been cheated for the past 20 years out of justice of his sister being raped and having her head popped along with her kids slaughtered. I give him a pass.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

bobinator said:

I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.


Was Oberyn's character a knockoff of Diego Montoya or what?

Do you mean Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride - and no. Not at all.


bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bonfarr said:

bobinator said:

I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.


Was Oberyn's character a knockoff of Diego Montoya or what?

Do you mean Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride - and no. Not at all.





Yeah Inigo Montoya, Oberyn is just an oversexed Inigo Montoya.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?
How did he cheat?
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
smokeythebear said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?
How did he cheat?
In the books he used a poison tipped spear. (thus his nickname; the Viper)
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
smokeythebear said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?
How did he cheat?


He poisoned his blades but I'm not sure if that is against the rules in a trial by combat.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
WestAustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?


If you think Vegas odds means you know who won a game.
TexAgs is THE largest premium team site community on the Internet. Period. Perio...you get the idea.
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea, I didn't read the books but in the show I think they mention him being an expert at poisons. Still I don't recall them showing him using poison on the Mountain or any rules against it. Is it book material that people accused him of cheating? I never got the inclination from the show that anyone thought he cheated.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Few who have read the books would call it cheating, imo.

In the show he is seen wiping his spear with a cloth, that many assume was him applying the poison. There was a conversation between Qyburn and someone about Oberyn likely using poison, after the fact.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bonfarr said:

bobinator said:

I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.


Was Oberyn's character a knockoff of Diego Montoya or what?

Do you mean Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride - and no. Not at all.





Yeah Inigo Montoya, Oberyn is just an oversexed Inigo Montoya.

Ummmm besides the sex and the fact the Oberyn uses a spear not a sword - I don't recall Inigo using poisons, nobody was raped, the six finger man killed his father not his sister and CHILDREN.

but sure exactly the same in that they both had some brown skin and were skilled fighters bent on revenge.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You really take this **** seriously don't you?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?


If you think Vegas odds means you know who won a game.
This is the dumbest comparison that ZJS replied to me with. GoT has a predetermined outcome that is known by at least dozens of people that participated in creating it + whoever they told + whoever has the capacity to steal the information from the previous 2 groups. There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
smokeythebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?


If you think Vegas odds means you know who won a game.
This is the dumbest comparison that ZJS replied to me with. GoT has a predetermined outcome that is known by at least dozens of people that participated in creating it + whoever they told + whoever has the capacity to steal the information from the previous 2 groups. There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
Bran knows
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DOES he?!
Body By Fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, The Princess Bride did also have pirates, a giant, a naive blond princess, poisonings, and of course a clever little man who liked to drink...



Might be on to something here.
Body By Fisher
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
Now who's being naive, Kay?
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?


If you think Vegas odds means you know who won a game.
This is the dumbest comparison that ZJS replied to me with. GoT has a predetermined outcome that is known by at least dozens of people that participated in creating it + whoever they told + whoever has the capacity to steal the information from the previous 2 groups. There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.


Wait.... what's this got to do with me???? Very confused I don't believe I replied at all to that. I replied about spoilers and there being 1000 people who know so leaks are inevitable. I never replied about gambling odds.


Page 303 of 418
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.
Only 2 days left to sign up for the Early Signing Day Special!
The 2019 regular season has wrapped and we’ve officially entered the early signing period stretch as the Ags hope to sign most of their elite 2020 recruiting class. In other words, it's a great time to try out TexAgs Premium! Sign up today and you can give TexAgs Premium a try until December 21st for only $1. The last chance to take advantage of this offer is Saturday, December 7th.