****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,083 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsquirrel97
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I heard him and the rest of the packers are flying from the island of Naath on butterflies to avenge Missandei.

D&D were overheard saying, no one will see this coming.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Olsen
AG
Cowboys fans will have to hope he would die the most painful way possible in the episode.
CFTXAG10
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Riding on the back of Drogon while Dany steers throwing tight spirals at Euron's fleet and yelling discount double check
DCPD158
AG
Cersei loses the war for Kings Landing and surrenders. Requests a trial by combat to live and chooses The Mountain as her champion. The Hound requests to face him in combat. The Hound prevails and one of the eleventy billion people in line to kill Cercei get their wish.

or...

The Hound just walks into KL and challenges the Undead Bastich
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
wangus12
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

I heard him and the rest of the packers are flying from the island of Naath on butterflies to avenge Missandei.

D&D were overheard saying, no one will see this coming.
Expectations Subverted
AustinAg2K
WestAustinAg said:

The Last of the Starks, or episode 4 from the final season of Game of Thrones, was by far the worst episode in the entire history of the show, and now we have real data to support that claim. It received plenty of criticism not because of what it tried to do, but because of how it was all handled. It's as if the showrunners and writers completely forgot everything that has made Game of Thrones great. The episode defied logic and common sense, brought Starbucks beverages to Westeros, and ignited debates about how it's portraying women and dealing with race issues. No Game of Thrones episode is perfect, some will say, and that's true. But I miss the days when my biggest concern with the Game of Thrones plot was explaining how the White Walkers crafted, transported and used those heavy chains to drag out Viserion out of the frozen water.

It scored a 6.6 on the IMDB ratings system and was at 62,000 votes when this article was written..usually in the mid 8's.

https://bgr.com/2019/05/09/game-of-thrones-episode-804-review-the-worst-imdb-rating-of-series/
Interestingly, three of the lowest four episodes have been this season:

The Last of the Starks 6.6
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken 8.1 (Season 5, Episode 6)
Winterfell 8.3
The Long Night 8.3

Also, the The Long Night is the lowest rated of the "battle episodes." Those are usually the highest rated:
Blackwater 9.7
The Watchers on the Wall 9.6
Hardhome 9.9
Battle of the *******s 9.9
The Spoils of War 9.8
Beyond the Wall 9.2
The Long Night 8.3
redline248
AG
Based on other cameos this season, he'll be an unnamed soldier in the golden company.
Liquid Wrench
I didn't know there were other cameos this season. Unless you mean Ghost.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I didn't know there were other cameos this season. Unless you mean Ghost.
https://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-throne-season-8-cameos/
Liquid Wrench
Thanks. I had read about Mack, but forgot about him.

Chris Stapleton somehow seems less cool to me now, like he shouldn't be a huge fan of the fantasy show I watch every week.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
My major curiosity is - if the Mad Queen theory is accurate, how will Tyrion, Jon, Jaime, Varys, etc react ?

The plot could seriously go to a huge different direction.
bonfarr
AG
Thinking about who will be left in the aftermath of the war for the Iron Throne leads me to wonder how all these great houses that have been around for hundreds of years can be completely wiped out. Why don't any of them have cousins? Ned's oldest brother was killed and Benjen was in the NW so no kids but wouldn't there be some Stark 2nd and 3rd cousins somewhere? What about the Tyrells and Mormonts? Is there some kind of strict family planning going on or something?

Second unrelated question is why is there not one single example of a painting in Westeros? Not one portrait or landscape on a wall to be seen. That seems strange.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Liquid Wrench
Not strange for smaller houses to be wiped out.

Larger houses probably have cousins/nephews not seen on camera, like the "new prince of Dorne."

We did see Cersei having the map of Westeros painted on the floor, so I guess they're practical people.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
I'm sure there would be some pissed off people.

mm98
AG
Damn guy ripped off my prediction from a few pages back.
c-jags
PooDoo
AG
mm98 said:

Damn guy ripped off my prediction from a few pages back.

Tap the brakes, Bobby Ewing.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bonfarr said:

Thinking about who will be left in the aftermath of the war for the Iron Throne leads me to wonder how all these great houses that have been around for hundreds of years can be completely wiped out. Why don't any of them have cousins? Ned's oldest brother was killed and Benjen was in the NW so no kids but wouldn't there be some Stark 2nd and 3rd cousins somewhere? What about the Tyrells and Mormonts? Is there some kind of strict family planning going on or something?

Second unrelated question is why is there not one single example of a painting in Westeros? Not one portrait or landscape on a wall to be seen. That seems strange.

One example of this is the Karstarks. They were the offshoot of a Stark's second son a couple hundred years back, and have their own castle and is a pretty big house in the North.
CapCityAg89
AG
M.C. Swag said:

1) Re-read that sentence that you pulled out again. You're responding to something I never said.
2) who are you? just a fly by ****-poster? go back to the politics board.

Ok. I've got no vote in this discussion. I only quoted you to see what the **** got censored. I've never heard that expression and couldn't t figure that **** out.
Liquid Wrench
bonfarr
AG
Why doesn't Ned have any cousins? They have been in Winterfell for 1000 years there should be Starks all over the place.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
redline248
AG
Speaking of the Karstarks, did the teen to 20s looking girl survive BoW? Didn't see her die, or on a pyre, but can't remember her being in any scenes last week.
Batzarro
AG
redline248 said:

Speaking of the Karstarks, did the teen to 20s looking girl survive BoW? Didn't see her die, or on a pyre, but can't remember her being in any scenes last week.
I read somewhere that she died "offscreen."
Luke Smith
Passed 100 responses so:

• Pretty even split between book readers and non book readers in here
  • Episode 2 is the favorite so far
  • Episode 4 is the least favorite
  • The average score of the season is a 6 (ouch)
  • Jon is the favorite character, with Dany at the back
  • Most people think Jon will be on the throne at the end, with nobody close behind
  • Most people think there will not be a satisfying conclusion (thanks D&D)
  • As evidenced in this thread, most people have problems with the writing, inconsistencies, plot holes
  • Season 3+4 are closely tied for favorite season, with season 8 barely getting any votes
  • Pretty much everyone agrees a 10 episode season would solve most issues

More in depth
  • Those that have read the books have criticized the season more, and ranked it lower than those that haven't read the books
  • However, pretty much everyone had problems with last week's episode
redline248
AG
It wouldn't surprise me. My assumption was that she went into the godswood with Theon, and everyone there died.
redline248
AG
I know most probably feel more episodes means more time to flesh out stories, but I think it would just mean more bad episodes.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Season 3+4 are closely tied for favorite season
Tywin in charge.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
The way I had it in my head was if D&D would have agreed to do the full amount of episodes, that might have meant they probably would have been more invested in doing it right which would mean not having lazy writing and cutting out important things just to get things done.
chase128
AG
I'm really trying to figure out who you're talking about based on your vague description.
Are you talking about Yara, Theon's sister? She left for the Iron Islands.
The girl who looked after Bran, Meera Reed? She left last season.
redline248
AG
/revision/latest?cb=20170826013858

The girl Jon gave the Karstark home to after the BoB
redline248
AG
Game of thrones wiki says she died in the godswood. Lame
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

/revision/latest?cb=20170826013858

The girl Jon gave the Karstark home to after the BoB

Alys Karstark - she was 16.

She was in the Long Night yes.... in the godswood with other Karstarks and the Iron Born. Said to have died there overrun by the undead.

pete_claw98
AG
Ok, so moving forward to predictions based on nothing else.

As Jaime is choking Cersei, after finding out it is Euron's baby and killing him of course (no scorpion to save him), Dany burns them to the ground. Unfortunately for her, Brienne sees this and goes to kill Dany in a fit of lover's rage.

All the while Clegane-bowl gets 2 minute clips of the epic battle. As the Mountain knocks the Hound over and raises his sword to kill the Hound...........Arya slits his throat from behind. Saving the Hound and finishing her list.

And, I don't know Larda$$ goes home and celebrates with a couple of cheeseburgers.
bobinator
AG
I think the troubling thing is that they think they are doing it right.

But, like I've said before, MAYBE the ends are going to justify the means. Perhaps they dreamed up the perfect ending five years ago and this last episode had to take one for the team to set it up.
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.