****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,544 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
pete_claw98 said:

As the Mountain knocks the Hound over and raises his sword to kill the Hound...........Arya slits his throat from behind. Saving the Hound and finishing her list.
I'm roughly 100% sure this is going to happen. Arya is going to kill the Mountain to save the Hound.

I'm as sure of that as I am anything else that's about to happen.
chase128
AG
Since the Mountain is already dead, I would think simply slitting his throat would have no effect.
But hell...the show writers are doing w/e at this point haha
Luke Smith
Before I post something. Are betting odds considered spoilers?
bobinator
AG
Qyburn seemed to be replacing his blood with some kind of... let's say dark magic blood. So I've been assuming the mountain's body still functions like a normal one, but now he's like on magic steroids or whatever. Which is to say I think there's plenty of reason to believe that slitting his throat would work.
Sex Panther
AG
Luke Smith said:

I would absolutely consider that a spoiler
FightinTexasAg15
AG
bobinator said:

Qyburn seemed to be replacing his blood with some kind of... let's say dark magic blood. So I've been assuming the mountain's body still functions like a normal one, but now he's like on magic steroids or whatever. Which is to say I think there's plenty of reason to believe that slitting his throat would work.
Idk man I think it's always safest to just go for the head
Brock Sampson
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if Arya died in the next episode.
pete_claw98
AG
Cat paw dagger!!! Duhhh

Ok. Slots the head completely off.

Valyrian steel works on ALL undead. That's why Jon is very carful with his. I mean I slice while cleaning it changes the entire show. Am I right?
EFE
AG
I feel like the Mountain burns as the show had been all about symmetry(Jaime losing the hand he pushed Bran out the window with, LF getting his throat slit with the Catspaw, etc.) and he's the one that pushed baby Sandor's head into the flames. But maybe I'm asking for too much from the shows writers.

Also I watched a doc on Netflix last night called the Creative Brain that featured one of the Davids, and hes so eat up with his own perceived brillance I wanted to chuck the remote at the TV.
Liquid Wrench
I almost started that but just the preview was enough to make me think it was a bunch of fart-sniffing.

And the Davids always seem very assured of their own brilliance, which I guess comes with having a wildly successful TV show.
InternetFan02
AG
bonfarr said:

Why doesn't Ned have any cousins? They have been in Winterfell for 1000 years there should be Starks all over the place.

Stark family tree found on reddit, not sure if accurate

It shows Ned's father being an only child, so no cousins

Ned's grandfather had 1 sister who married to the Royce house (Vale?) so all the 2nd cousins are over there.

Ned's great grandfather had many siblings with male heirs but they don't show if they had any kids. Also shows Ned's father married his 2nd cousin so there is light incest with the starks.

Looks like you have to go back 6 generations to get to the house umber branch and I don't see a karstark branch.

M.C. Swag
AG
Sex Panther said:

Luke Smith said:

I would absolutely consider that a spoiler
lol i posted this sentiment earlier and got blasted for it.

Original Post
Quote:

Am i the only one who doesnt like people posting those odds without spoiler tags? I mean, the series finished filming almost a year ago and there have certainly been plot leaks in the past. Couldn't these odds be a form of spoiler?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
InternetFan02 said:

bonfarr said:

Why doesn't Ned have any cousins? They have been in Winterfell for 1000 years there should be Starks all over the place.

Stark family tree found on reddit, not sure if accurate

It shows Ned's father being an only child, so no cousins

Ned's grandfather had 1 sister who married to the Royce house (Vale?) so all the 2nd cousins are over there.

Ned's great grandfather had many siblings with male heirs but they don't show if they had any kids. Also shows Ned's father married his 2nd cousin so there is light incest with the starks.

Looks like you have to go back 6 generations to get to the house umber branch and I don't see a karstark branch.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Karlon_Stark

That's pretty cool family tree. But think about how massive it would have to be to go back all the way to Bran the Builder.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?
bobinator
AG
I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.
redline248
AG
I'm ok with it, bc I hate the Mountain. Also, didn't Oberyn give him some pretty fatal injuries, even without the poison?
Brock Sampson
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Thinking back to the Mountain versus Oberyn. Are we just ok with Oberyn cheating because he's cool and a poon hound?

Absolutely
bonfarr
AG
bobinator said:

I dunno about cool with it, but it was definitely in character. Whatever else he did, he was going to make sure he killed the Mountain.

Was Oberyn's character a knockoff of Diego Montoya or what?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I mean, he had been cheated for the past 20 years out of justice of his sister being raped and having her head popped along with her kids slaughtered. I give him a pass.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bonfarr said:

bobinator said:

Do you mean Inigo Montoya from Princess Bride - and no. Not at all.

bonfarr
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bonfarr said:

bobinator said:

Yeah Inigo Montoya, Oberyn is just an oversexed Inigo Montoya.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
smokeythebear
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

How did he cheat?
M.C. Swag
AG
smokeythebear said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How did he cheat?
In the books he used a poison tipped spear. (thus his nickname; the Viper)
bonfarr
AG
smokeythebear said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

How did he cheat?

He poisoned his blades but I'm not sure if that is against the rules in a trial by combat.
WestAustinAg
AG
Luke Smith said:

If you think Vegas odds means you know who won a game.
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, I didn't read the books but in the show I think they mention him being an expert at poisons. Still I don't recall them showing him using poison on the Mountain or any rules against it. Is it book material that people accused him of cheating? I never got the inclination from the show that anyone thought he cheated.
redline248
AG
Few who have read the books would call it cheating, imo.

In the show he is seen wiping his spear with a cloth, that many assume was him applying the poison. There was a conversation between Qyburn and someone about Oberyn likely using poison, after the fact.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bonfarr said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bonfarr said:

bobinator said:

Yeah Inigo Montoya, Oberyn is just an oversexed Inigo Montoya.

Ummmm besides the sex and the fact the Oberyn uses a spear not a sword - I don't recall Inigo using poisons, nobody was raped, the six finger man killed his father not his sister and CHILDREN.

but sure exactly the same in that they both had some brown skin and were skilled fighters bent on revenge.
bonfarr
AG
You really take this **** seriously don't you?
M.C. Swag
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

This is the dumbest comparison that ZJS replied to me with. GoT has a predetermined outcome that is known by at least dozens of people that participated in creating it + whoever they told + whoever has the capacity to steal the information from the previous 2 groups. There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
smokeythebear
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

This is the dumbest comparison that ZJS replied to me with. GoT has a predetermined outcome that is known by at least dozens of people that participated in creating it + whoever they told + whoever has the capacity to steal the information from the previous 2 groups. There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
Bran knows
M.C. Swag
AG
DOES he?!
Liquid Wrench
Well, The Princess Bride did also have pirates, a giant, a naive blond princess, poisonings, and of course a clever little man who liked to drink...

Might be on to something here.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

There isn't a single person alive in the world that knows the predetermined outcome of the Rockets v Warriors game tonight.
Now who's being naive, Kay?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WestAustinAg said:

Luke Smith said:

Wait.... what's this got to do with me???? Very confused I don't believe I replied at all to that. I replied about spoilers and there being 1000 people who know so leaks are inevitable. I never replied about gambling odds.

First Page Last Page
Page 303 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.