****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,344 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
dmart90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After Cersi beheaded Missandei; I thought she was going to turn Tyrion into a pin cushion...
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
canadiaggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Based purely on the tv show, is there any indication of who the Prince of Dorne could be? We only ever saw Myrcella's fiance as the heir, correct?

I raised this point earlier and no one responded to me, so I'll discuss with you. There is an actor yet to be introduced and I'm assuming he is the prince of Dorne. My belief is that he is either a reimagined Quentyn, or more likely Darkstar.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cleganebowl - Next week, or finale?

wangus12
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

The second picture is Casterly Rock, but regardless.. Somehow Dany has made her way back to the Garden of Bones outside of Qarth begging them to let her in.
No it isn't Casterly Rock. Bronn has never been at Casterly Rock. It is from this scene right here.

aggie93
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Again, it's clear they had Dany and Drogon where they were for the visual, while the viewer was left to infer that they must have been far enough away to be out of range. Obviously, if they were really in range, she would have wasted them right there. They were trading off having them look like ants that can't really see each other in this "face-off" scene + requiring Tyrion walking a mile.
It was clearly because the Scorpions are only accurate when firing a mile into the air from a moving ship. They can't hit anything from short range charging directly at them much less firing down while stationed on a castle wall.

BTW, this problem was easily solvable. Have Dany see the ships and come to swoop in to attack with her dragons and just as she is about to light them up they get hammered with the Scorpion bolts and it takes out Rhaegal. Then everything works logically. As it is they just didn't think through the visual during the writing and how it connected with the rest of the episode. Lazy like a Starbucks cup.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
wangus12 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

The second picture is Casterly Rock, but regardless.. Somehow Dany has made her way back to the Garden of Bones outside of Qarth begging them to let her in.
No it isn't Casterly Rock. Bronn has never been at Casterly Rock. It is from this scene right here.

Edit: rewatched, had it confused with the scene where they take Casterly Rock. My bad.
bonfarr
AG
It seems like it would have been easy enough for Dany to fly in a wide arc and get behind the ship's where the Scorpions couldn't shoot. The entire fleet could have been lit up in flames easily enough.

My second question from last night was how would Cersei instantly know that Melisandei was of any importance to Daenerys? For all they knew she was just some survivor that was plucked out of the sea and unless Melisandei started talking they wouldnt know she was a trusted friend and advisor.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bobinator
AG
She was at the conference at the Dragon Pit
StringerBell
AG
i would think that at this point all of the main players in this thing (including advisors) are a known quantity

missandrei has ben with dany for a while now.
StringerBell
AG
bobinator said:

She was at the conference at the Dragon Pit
that too
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

wangus12 said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

I'd like to know where you think that took place...

S7 E7

the title of the video literally says arrive at Kings Landing.......

Jamie and Bronn have returned to KL from Highgarden after being attacked on the return trip by Dany and Drogon.

and as the armies amass outside Cersei inside leaves to meet the delegation t the dragon pit for the discussion about the undead Wight and helping against the army of the dead.

It's clearly KL.

canadiaggie
AG
StringerBell said:

Holy **** how dare you post this and impugn the earlier seasons they're nothing like the last few seasons

Blah blah blah

2000 negative word review of the show

I'll never watch again

Except for next weekend when I'll do this same song and dance again

Literally unwatchable ugh
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Why wouldn't Jon ask Sansa to keep Ghost? I mean it's not like she's a Stark or had her wolf basically murdered because of Cersei Lannister or anything.
wangus12
AG
aTmAg
AG
bonfarr said:

It seems like it would have been easy enough for Dany to fly in a wide arc and get behind the ship's where the Scorpions couldn't shoot. The entire fleet could have been lit up in flames easily enough.

My second question from last night was how would Cersei instantly know that Melisandei was of any importance to Daenerys? For all they knew she was just some survivor that was plucked out of the sea and unless Melisandei started talking they wouldnt know she was a trusted friend and advisor.
I don't think Dany would have been able to see that the scorpions couldn't turn 360. Truthfully, if I was building those scorpions, I don't know why I wouldn't have made them able to do 360.
wangus12
AG
You don't forget the sexy woman that is Missandei
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bonfarr said:

*Missandei

and from here

she knows Varys, Tyrion, Jon, Dany is obvious and she knows Jorah and Theon too I believe. the only one she did not know was Missandei and I'm sure she would have been advised - they would have talked about who all was coming.

Marcus Aurelius
AG

Truck in background of battle scene from last season.
Ervin Burrell
AG
bonfarr said:

Thought the same thing. Maybe because she's the only female among a slew of Unsullied?

edit - orrrr what Zombie Jon Snow just posted
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

I don't think Dany would have been able to see that the scorpions couldn't turn 360. Truthfully, if I was building those scorpions, I don't know why I wouldn't have made them able to do 360.

doesn't matter. If you have a front mounted weapon on a ship and turn it around 180 degrees you can't really shoot through your sails and your mast very well. i doubt you can even see anything airborne behind you.

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

I thought it looked like they could turn 360. Buy since they're at the front of the ships they wouldn't be able to turn around and shoot through their own sails. Regardless, in a lot of these situations there's always going to be a "why didn't they just.." I hate arguing action scene logistics in a fantasy world.
BlueSmoke
He realized dire wolves are not pets to be kept in a castle, but rather roam free as the wildlings do. Or maybe not. Who knows with this damn show.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

doesn't matter. If you have a front mounted weapon on a ship and turn it around 180 degrees you can't really shoot through your sails and your mast very well. i doubt you can even see anything airborne behind you.

Good point... Then I would have another on back. Seems like they had plenty of them.

Edit: I would point out that Dany probably wouldn't have been able to see that there weren't any on the back either.
aTmAg
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

I thought it looked like they could turn 360. Buy since they're at the front of the ships they wouldn't be able to turn around and shoot through their own sails. Regardless, in a lot of these situations there's always going to be a "why didn't they just.." I hate arguing action scene logistics in a fantasy world.
You are correct... For some reason, I remembered their sails being down and it being clear behind then. Those pictures clearly show othewise. However, are there any on the back? (I guess it doesn't matter for this discussion, since Dany wouldn't have been able to tell anyway.)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

Good point... Then I would have another on back. Seems like they had plenty of them.

but they didn't....you want me to prove that too? ok

you can see the back and in another shot you can see the back end of 2 ships in the background and they only have front mounted weapons too (actually you can barely see those ships in this shot too).

aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

you can see the back and in another shot you can see the back end of 2 ships in the background and they only have front mounted weapons too (actually you can barely see those ships in this shot too).

I wasn't arguing with you about it. I'm saying that if I was Euron/Cersei, I'd have one on both front and back. (Rather than one at every 10 feet on the castle). But it doesn't matter, Dany wouldn't have been able to see through the sails to see that they didn't have one on the back to, and therefore wouldn't have known that the back was vulnerable.

Perhaps this is the vulnerability that Dany will use next episode.
bonfarr
AG
StringerBell said:

i would think that at this point all of the main players in this thing (including advisors) are a known quantity

Yeah but Google isn't a thing in Westeros, how would they know her identity if she lied and said she was someone else?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
redline248
AG
bangobango said:

Ervin Burrell said:

Random thought while perusing this thread (and some prior seasons). Why the hell are some of you so f'ing obsessed with the storylines of the dogs? "Ghost is alive! Awesome!!!" "Where's Nymeria?!?!?"

They've been in like three episodes combined since the early seasons and yet "where's muh dogs" seems to be the focus of many posters here. Just don't get it.

*Steps off soapbox*
B/c our culture now :fetishizes" the hell out of dogs.

It's more about how they've yo-yo'd ghost in and out of the story. Disappears for long periods, shows back up and Jon is happy to see him, disappears, shows back up and Jon acts like he's not there. Then have Jon just say "take my dog, peace." Make up your mind, show. If you want ghost involved, involve him with Jon. If you don't him around, get rid of him for good. Kill him off like you did summer and shaggy dog, if you want. Just stop toying with the idea of him. And don't say in promotional stuff before the season he'll have his big moment, or whatever.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

I wasn't arguing with you about it. I'm saying that if I was Euron/Cersei, I'd have one on both front and back. (Rather than one at every 10 feet on the castle). But it doesn't matter, Dany wouldn't have been able to see through the sails to see that they didn't have one on the back to, and therefore wouldn't have known to go around the back.

gotcha.

as for the castle - i am curious if they do rotate 360 - might also be able to land inside the walls coming down from above (dragons can hover we've seen it - lol).

but i doubt that's the plan.

i'm still thinking armor plated dragon - lol - why not.

bonfarr
AG
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

Wouldnt they fire directly into their sails if they turned 180 degrees to fire aft?
aTmAg
AG
bonfarr said:

StringerBell said:

Yeah but Google isn't a thing in Westeros, how would they know her identity if she liked and said she was someone else?
During the revolutionary war both sides knew who all the generals and stuff were for the other side. I'd think it would be similar to that.
bobinator
AG
Maybe if the dragon is behind them they drop the sails? There's all kinds of things they could come up with here.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bonfarr said:

StringerBell said:

Yeah but Google isn't a thing in Westeros, how would they know her identity if she lied and said she was someone else?
it's been answered and shown.

you don't think they knew who every person that came to the conference at the dragon pit was?

they likely would have had to say who was coming. and the way she stood by the Queen even without a name it was obvious she is an advisor.

redline248
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

2nd picture is not Casterly Rock. That is Jaime and Bronn on the top of King's Landing before the summit to convince Cersei to fight against the dead.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

I wasn't arguing with you about it. I'm saying that if I was Euron/Cersei, I'd have one on both front and back. (Rather than one at every 10 feet on the castle). But it doesn't matter, Dany wouldn't have been able to see through the sails to see that they didn't have one on the back to, and therefore wouldn't have known to go around the back.

gotcha.

as for the castle - i am curious if they do rotate 360 - might also be able to land inside the walls coming down from above (dragons can hover we've seen it - lol).

but i doubt that's the plan.

i'm still thinking armor plated dragon - lol - why not.
This may be the nerdy engineer in me, but I hope they don't do an armor plated dragon thing. That would be REALLY heavy. And those arrows went through ships like nothing, so it would have to be really thick armor to stop that. That would bother me like toddler Lady Mormont, and I'd annoy everybody for a week straight on that.
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.