****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,296 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again, this is one of those scenes in which they intentionally left it open to interpretation...or they bungled it badly. In my watch, it looked clear to me that he was going back to try to protect Cersei. I'm open to the possibility I took that the wrong way, but he was a complete dick to Brienne. If he was going to help take out Cersei, he could have been all "I can't let her win." Instead he said I've done a lot of terrible things FOR her, and I'm going to do something else terrible for her.
Urban Ag
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Urban Ag said:

That's how most people deal with things that disappoint them. They move on to better usage of their time.

Posted on a site created to talk about A&M Football...
And the Football board is absolutely insufferable. Thanks for making my point.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

gambochaman said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Anyone defending this last episode has to be a casual viewer who doesn't really know what's going on. The writing is so bad. Reddit's ASOIAF and Gameofthrones boards both think it was a disaster. I'm so disappointed.

Why?

No discussion of the night king, how Arya got to him, what they wanted, nothing. They mourn the minor characters for twenty minutes and then....

PARTY WITH A STARBUCKS CUP IN THE SCENE!!!! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

Then Daenerys really wants her throne still. Asks Aegon to hide his identity. Selfish. Stupid. Petty in the big scheme of things.

Jamie being a changed man then all of a sudden deciding to leave makes no sense.

Not showing Arya and Sansa's reaction to finding out about Aegon is unforgivable. Sansa was awful to Jon as kids, maybe even an apology would have been nice.

The single, dumbest, most infuriating part of the episode? TYRION AGAIN LOOKS STUPID. Once again he fails trying to outwit Cersei. When was the last time Tyrion was smart?

Daenerys will die unless Jon dies for her in Ned Stark fashion. I have a feeling he will when he left ghost behind.
the NK and his whole army are defeated...done and finished...what is there to talk about when there is still a battle to be fought? do you want them to sit down and do a sidebar camera interview like in The Office and explain everything second by second to you? good grief

mistakes like this have happened on basically every show...WGAS

Jamie decided to leave because he realized that he could not be at peace until he destroyed Cersei and atoned for all the sins he committed in her name...thats why he left...because he HAS changed...him staying behind is what would have made no sense

I dont think their reaction is as big of a deal as people make it out to be....it actually is kind of inconsequential in the greater scheme of things

I think Tyrion looked brilliant executing the strategy they had discussed prior...he knew full well that Missandei was a goner, but by giving Cersei a chance, he exposed her as the monster she truly is. he pantsed her hard in that scene and i suspect that it will cost her on loyalty big time from a few parties before its all said and done
Agreed.

And I don't understand - we have people complaining about filler in Ep 1 and 2. Now complaining that we don't have filler talking about how great it was what Arya did and replaying it in detail. And then more filler of having every retelling of Aegon's real story shown so we get every reaction - that doesn't matter for ***** Their actions matter. We know the story we don't need it repeated 5 times. FFS really?????

Bc the filler in episodes 1 and 2 were emotional goodbyes where the entire cast was facing death.

Yet, there were little to no consequences that made the emotions of 1 and 2 worth watching.

They all survived against all odds. A lot of filler.

We (and they ) didn't know that at the time - it was natural because they and we all assumed most of them would die.

then they made some improbable survivals and a deus ex machina with ninja arya.

but it was appropriate at the time - and people were complaining anyway.

i agree the payoff wasn't there mostly - but the complaint at the time was that it was filler and it wasn't. it was meaningful and personal and good character moments.

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Many have struggled with the lack of dialogue Ghost has had through this season (that's a joke), but I see the symbolism they were trying to go for here. The Dire Wolves have always shown symbolism to the Stark children. Many have died to symbolize the death or transformation of the Stark they represent. Nimeria's escape/disappearance had mirrored Arya's. Lady was taken as a casualty of someone else's conflict similar to Sansa being a captor of the Lannisters over the Starks. Summer died in the Weirwood tree along with the Brandon Stark we knew.

Jon leaving Ghost in the North is Jon leaving Jon Snow, the ******* of Ned Stark in the North. Whether he realizes that yet, I'm not sure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Congrats in advance on the avalanche of 'likes' your single gif post will receive in response to my thought out explanation of why it was disappointing to me.
wangus12
AG
BowSowy said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

I thought that second picture was Casterly Rock?
No. Sort of the same image, but Grey Worm is on the wall at Casterly Rock and surrounded by Lannisters
Carlo4
AG
Can we spoiler tag a photo?
claym711
AG
It's just pop culture fan fiction. Hardly any of the actors are still putting forth any respectable performances.

The biggest failure of the show that no one talks about is how flat, dull, and unbelievable the Jon and Dany romance was and is. The acting and writing is horrible.
aTmAg
AG
redline248 said:

Again, this is one of those scenes in which they intentionally left it open to interpretation...or they bungled it badly. In my watch, it looked clear to me that he was going back to try to protect Cersei. I'm open to the possibility I took that the wrong way, but he was a complete dick to Brienne. If he was going to help take out Cersei, he could have been all "I can't let her win." Instead he said I've done a lot of terrible things FOR her, and I'm going to do something else terrible for her.
I took that part to mean that he wasn't worthy of Brieanne. Not that he was going to protect Cersei. I too could be wrong though.

It would make no sense for him to do that, IMO.
Urban Ag
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Many have struggled with the lack of dialogue Ghost has had through this season (that's a joke), but I see the symbolism they were trying to go for here. The Dire Wolves have always shown symbolism to the Stark children. Many have died to symbolize the death or transformation of the Stark they represent. Nimeria's escape/disappearance had mirrored Arya's. Lady was taken as a casualty of someone else's conflict similar to Sansa being a captor of the Lannisters over the Starks. Summer died in the Weirwood tree along with the Brandon Stark we knew.

Jon leaving Ghost in the North is Jon leaving Jon Snow, the ******* of Ned Stark in the North. Whether he realizes that yet, I'm not sure.
Furlock Bones
AG
claym711 said:

It's just pop culture fan fiction. Hardly any of the actors are still putting forth any respectable performances.

The biggest failure of the show that no one talks about is how flat, dull, and unbelievable the Jon and Dany romance was and is. The acting and wrong is horrible.
oh it's been talked about by a few of us. and i couldn't agree more.

the one thing last nights stare off between Cersei and Dany did was show just how superior of an actress Lena Headey really is.
tylercsbn9
AG
claym711 said:

Hahaha. They head shot a flying dragon at 3000 yards from behind a cliff in a rocking boat.

This show is off the rails
And then at the negotiation they just leave the dragon alone. Who was much closer. And they weren't on a rocking boat.

I enjoyed the first three episodes of the season. I know some haven't but some of the **** in the episode was just full ****** level.

Two small things.

-Why did we not get the reaction form Sansa and Arya when Bran told them about Jon? Hopefully we get some sort of flashback. Perhaps when Jon has to kill Dany or something.

-I am fine with the result of the conversation between Bronn, Tyrion, and Jamie, but the dialouge to get there was just weird and cringe.

One medium thing

-WTF did Jon do Ghost like that? Give me a break. I guess they could be using this as some sort of plot device to make us forget about him and Ghost comes to save the day. But just stupid as hell.

And two big things

-Does Dany not know the meaning of recon? I mean Euron have "surprised" people before. You have two dragons, why they hell did they not see a bunch of damn ships? Furthermore, you nail a dragon, on a rocking ship, from behind a mountain 3 times. Then all of a sudden you can't hit **** when the dragon gets closer. Then on Dany's end. Why not circle back and get behind the ships and waste them? The scorpions were on the front of the ship so they can't turn the ship around quickly enough and they can' turn the scorpions around because there are sails and other stuff blocking the shot to something at the rear.

-The whole negotiation scene. Why the **** would Dany do that? Just make yourself a sitting duck and then you have your last dragon there in range. I understand they set it up to be like oh dany is giving them a change before wasting KL but there were definitely other ways to approach that and not be as vulnerable. And we all know Cersie wouldn't surrender in the first place. And on the other side. Cersie. You have you enemies right there in your cross hairs. You have the last dragon in your cross hairs. Yet all you do is kill Dany's secretary? The real Ceries would have wasted them.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Random thought while perusing this thread (and some prior seasons). Why the hell are some of you so f'ing obsessed with the storylines of the dogs? "Ghost is alive! Awesome!!!" "Where's Nymeria?!?!?"

They've been in like three episodes combined since the early seasons and yet "where's muh dogs" seems to be the focus of many posters here. Just don't get it.

*Steps off soapbox*
DannyDuberstein
AG
Again, it's clear they had Dany and Drogon where they were for the visual, while the viewer was left to infer that they must have been far enough away to be out of range. Obviously, if they were really in range, she would have wasted them right there. They were trading off having them look like ants that can't really see each other in this "face-off" scene + requiring Tyrion walking a mile.

If they made it realistic, then people would be like "what was the point in cutting off Missandei's head? Dany and Grey Worm were too far away to even see anything! Gah!"
bobinator
AG
Man, I actually did some work for a couple of hours and this thread got really hostile.
tylercsbn9
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

Random thought while perusing this thread (and some prior seasons). Why the hell are some of you so f'ing obsessed with the storylines of the dogs? "Ghost is alive! Awesome!!!" "Where's Nymeria?!?!?"

They've been in like three episodes combined since the early seasons and yet "where's muh dogs" seems to be the focus of many posters here. Just don't get it.

*Steps off soapbox*
Because they are a much larger part when it comes to the books. So readers are annoyed by the lack of them.
bangobango
AG
Urban Ag said:

tk for tu juan said:

Urban Ag said:

That's how most people deal with things that disappoint them. They move on to better usage of their time.

Why don't you just leave Texags, then? Isn't that what you do when you don't like something?
bonfarr
AG
Champ Bailey said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

When is that second pic from?

The maps of Kings Landing show wide open plains on the back side of KL. Since you don't see the Red Keep then this scene is at either the Old Gate or Gate of the Gods.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Urban Ag
AG
Ruh ro, this is starting to sound like the incels waging twitter wars against anyone associated with The Last Jedi.

Game of Thrones Derangement Syndrome (GOTDS) trending....
drmwvr
AG
wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

Perhaps the tide was out?
Furlock Bones
AG
Urban Ag said:

Ruh ro, this is starting to sound like the incels waging twitter wars against anyone associated with The Last Jedi.

Game of Thrones Derangement Syndrome (GOTDS) trending....
and the most nonsensical post of the day goes to Urban.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.

To be fair, it was pretty ****ty TV.
To be fair, it's only ****ty because the show we're here sitting here criticizing has set the bar for what great television is. As much as I want to love what they're doing I don't. But I don't hate it. I can see they're struggling to wrap this thing up. But at the same time I'm still invested in what they've built over 8 years and I am rooting for it. I just refuse to let a sloppy ending ruin this show for me.
Urban Ag
AG
bangobango said:

Urban Ag said:

tk for tu juan said:

Urban Ag said:

Why don't you just leave Texags, then? Isn't that what you do when you don't like something?
No I just don't post on the Football Board very often. Maybe 4-5 times a year.

Put a lot of thought in to that one didn't you?
bangobango
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

*Steps off soapbox*
B/c our culture now :fetishizes" the hell out of dogs.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

The second picture is Casterly Rock, but regardless.. Somehow Dany has made her way back to the Garden of Bones outside of Qarth begging them to let her in.
Claude!
Ervin Burrell said:

*Steps off soapbox*

Chekhov's dire wolf.
bobinator
AG
The wolves are a good example of how the books have influenced the conversation about the show. My wife and I were talking about that last night. The show hasn't really given us much reason to think the wolves are really all that special. They obviously have some kind of connection to their owners but it's not anything super crazy.
aggie93
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Look I'm not saying anyone should refrain from posting negative thoughts.

But posting a TLDR about this show that's 98% negative is insane.

Meh. There are a lot of folks who have read every book and are deeply tied up in the Show. Why not? It's one of the best Shows ever on TV and unique in so many ways. The Show writers have an impossible task but that doesn't mean it isn't irritating when they make so many mistakes. They have a virtually unlimited budget, tremendous actors, and a tremendous story to work with. The bar is going to be extremely high, especially when they take 2 years to produce a shortened season. It's a lot easier to point out the flaws than the positive when they already have so much going for them.

Those who are completely absorbed in the story can't help but still enjoy the Show even with its flaws. That said I really hope Martin can finish the books though my hope of that happening is less than ever.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So is Tyrion in denial about Dany?
StringerBell
AG
i think so. i think tyrion wants to believe the goodness in everyone (as evidenced by him trying to appeal to cersei's judgement). his flaw might be that he's too idealistic.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

The second picture is Casterly Rock, but regardless.. Somehow Dany has made her way back to the Garden of Bones outside of Qarth begging them to let her in.

Well not that they look similar, but there shouldn't be any grass alive with it being winter.
Ervin Burrell
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

*Steps off soapbox*
Because they are a much larger part when it comes to the books. So readers are annoyed by the lack of them.
What would you have the show do? An episode through the eyes of Ghost? "I'm hungry...oooh, what's the smell?"

I'm a book reader too. Just don't get the fascination with the non-humans in the story when there are dozens of humans to follow/care about.
bobinator
AG
I don't think he's in denial, but where Varys seems to be trying to prevent her from doing anything too bad, Tyrion doesn't think she'll actually do anything that bad. He's more willing to stand by her until it goes wrong rather than just assume it's going to in my opinion.
samurai_science
One of the writers co wrote X-Men Origins: Wolverine....

What do you expect?
Bunk Moreland
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.

To be fair, it was pretty ****ty TV.
To be fair, it's only ****ty because the show we're here sitting here criticizing has set the bar for what great television is. As much as I want to love what they're doing I don't. But I don't hate it. I can see they're struggling to wrap this thing up. But at the same time I'm still invested in what they've built over 8 years and I am rooting for it. I just refuse to let a sloppy ending ruin this show for me.

Sure. And I'll only speak for myself...but being critical of bad episodes as they happen isn't going to ruin the show for me. It's just what we have to watch and discuss in the here and now. I can (and have) happily moved in and out of posts being critical and continuing to discuss what's to come or certain plot lines.

I think both sides of the fence have offenders (the critics & the 'defend at all costs and be mad there are critics') who all need to stop getting mad that others dont' share the same opinions. Post what you want, discuss it with others cordially if you disagree, but then stop harping on it and find a different topic being posted throughout the thread to hop on and discuss.
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.