****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,405 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

WestAustinAg said:

You idiots have ruined this entire thread. It use to be fun. Then egos and hurt feelings started popping up as the series comes to its end.

This has happened every season for the past 3 on this thread.

This happens to every massively popular show on TexAgs. It becomes too big, there are too many posts to keep up with, and it will always regress into ridiculousness and people yelling at clouds. It's always unfortunate.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Urban Ag said:

I'm not whining. I made a simple observation.

If I thought this thing tanked a couple of seasons ago, as most of you complainers do, I would have pulled the ripcord a couple of seasons ago.

That's how most people deal with things that disappoint them. They move on to better usage of their time.

It was kind of a slow burn to this point. I had a lot of complaints about last season, but overall I get they had to move the story along and the events were still epic.

This season is so bad on so many levels that it's just disappointing.
wangus12
AG
Season 7. Last episode
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Sex Panther said:

Bunk Moreland said:

WestAustinAg said:

You idiots have ruined this entire thread. It use to be fun. Then egos and hurt feelings started popping up as the series comes to its end.

This has happened every season for the past 3 on this thread.

This happens to every massively popular show on TexAgs. It becomes too big, there are too many posts to keep up with, and it will always regress into ridiculousness and people yelling at clouds. It's always unfortunate.
wangus12
AG
aTmAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Maybe a few of the complaints are petty, I'll give you the Starbucks cup for example.

But there are many, many massive plot holes and characters arcs that make zero sense that are very valid.
Most the "plot holes" you mentioned were bogus. Jamie is not going to hang out with Brianne while his sister and brother fight to the death a thousand miles away. It makes total sense that he's want to get there. Same thing for Arya not STILL talking about how she killed the NK long after they cleaned up the bodies, set up funeral pyres, etc. By then, it would have been old news.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

Season 7. Last episode

So that is the army Dany brought with her to the meeting? For a second I thought it might have been highgarden, is the only reason I ask. Just didn't remember her bringing that big of a force with her.
PooDoo
AG
It's a TV show...

They don't have infinite time and money to make everything perfect.

Maybe the CGI didn't look right on a few scenes so they cut it a little short... Big deal they used darkness to hide a bunch of fake zombies.

Since 2008 Marvel has released something like 22 movies leading up to End Game. Since 2011 GoT's is going to end up with 70+ episodes.

It's pretty amazing that they have been able to do what they have with the time and resources that they have been given.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bra-****ing-o. So spot on.
aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

aTmAg said:

Furlock Bones said:

Last nights episode missed the mark so many times. But I'm not even mad this week. Episode 3 was the culmination of everything wrong with D&D these last 2 seasons.

Just ready for it to end.
You can just end it right now. Just don't watch anymore. It's not that hard.
When I was in middle school I walked out of a terrible movie and waited for my mom to pick me up. $2 in the arcade was a better use of my time.

You know, opportunity cost. Basic economics.
They had arcades in your time? I thought they didn't even have electricity yet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

Haha as soon as she did I yelled for Aejon to check her fingers.
StringerBell
AG
Urban Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

Urban Ag said:

aTmAg said:

Furlock Bones said:

Last nights episode missed the mark so many times. But I'm not even mad this week. Episode 3 was the culmination of everything wrong with D&D these last 2 seasons.

When I was in middle school I walked out of a terrible movie and waited for my mom to pick me up. $2 in the arcade was a better use of my time.

Asteroids
Space invades
and a pinball machine you deek head
StringerBell
AG
key question i have is what happenes when euron finds out that it's not his baby
aTmAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Urban Ag said:

I'm not whining. I made a simple observation.

If I thought this thing tanked a couple of seasons ago, as most of you complainers do, I would have pulled the ripcord a couple of seasons ago.

That's how most people deal with things that disappoint them. They move on to better usage of their time.

It was kind of a slow burn to this point. I had a lot of complaints about last season, but overall I get they had to move the story along and the events were still epic.

This season is so bad on so many levels that it's just disappointing.
I think the quality of the show definitely took a hit after the source material ran out. But I find it weird how people think this season is so much worse than last season. Both are not as good as season 3. But 8 is about equal to 7 in my point of view.

Far more visually stunning, but worse on story.
aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

aTmAg said:

Urban Ag said:

aTmAg said:

Furlock Bones said:

Asteroids
Space invades
and a pinball machine you deek head
Crap.. you are apparently about as old as me. Geezer smack backfired.
claym711
AG
Hahaha. They head shot a flying dragon at 3000 yards from behind a cliff in a rocking boat.

This show is off the rails
aTmAg
AG
StringerBell said:

What am I looking at?
StringerBell
AG
cup of coffee in jamie's hand
DannyDuberstein
AG
Quote:

To me, it's like complaining that the color of meth in Breaking Bad really wouldn't be blue and that the show sucks because of that inaccuracy. Lot's of petty BS.
Or Walt's nazi-killing machine gun trunk. Someone could pick the plausibility of that setup and scene apart 6 ways to Sunday instead of simply accepting that it was just pretty ****ing awesome. A small dose of implausibility with a huge dose of awesome effect.
BlueSmoke
To a large extent, that's the problem. It's not the effects (which we all agree take time), it's the writing. You can't CGI yourself across writing gaps and lazy/predictable story lines.

Nobody cares. Work Harder
HtownAg92
AG
Champ Bailey said:

wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

When is that second pic from?
Final Episode last season. When they showed up with the wight for the Science Fair.
tk for tu juan
Urban Ag said:

Posted on a site created to talk about A&M Football...
aTmAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Quote:

To me, it's like complaining that the color of meth in Breaking Bad really wouldn't be blue and that the show sucks because of that inaccuracy. Lot's of petty BS.
Or Walt's nazi-killing machine gun trunk. Someone could pick the plausibility of that setup and scene apart 6 ways to Sunday instead of simply accepting that it was just pretty ****ing awesome. A small dose of implausibility with a huge dose of awesome effect.
Mythbusters did a show on that, and unlike some other things in the show, that one came out as plausible. The machine gun wasted everybody in the room. I think the better example is when he threw that explosive psuedo-meth at the ground in season one. But still.. it was awesome.

(agreed with your point overall.)
Furlock Bones
AG
wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

The Many Faces of Kings Landing. lol
BowSowy
AG
wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

I thought that second picture was Casterly Rock?
redline248
AG
aTmAg said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Maybe a few of the complaints are petty, I'll give you the Starbucks cup for example.

But there are many, many massive plot holes and characters arcs that make zero sense that are very valid.
Most the "plot holes" you mentioned were bogus. Jamie is not going to hang out with Brianne while his sister and brother fight to the death a thousand miles away. It makes total sense that he's want to get there. Same thing for Arya not STILL talking about how she killed the NK long after they cleaned up the bodies, set up funeral pyres, etc. By then, it would have been old news.

The plot hole isn't that he left Brienne, it's that he didn't go back to KL right away. Either with Tyrion or with Jon. Why have him be like "Yeah I'm gonna sit this one out" for the first few hours?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right, sure someone could put a machine gun in a trunk and waste some people. I just mean there are folks on this thread that would take the improbable parts (parking the car how he did, getting it the perfect angle/distance to perfectly cover the building, etc) and shred it
Furlock Bones
AG
that last pic just shows the absurdity of the scene. Cersei is not one to let her enemies walk away unscathed. even if we assume, they are too close for the scorpions to aim downward (how did they get that close in the first place) they are all standing there in archery range.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think a whole lot of people would be happier if they just backed everyone further away. I'd say the intent was for Dany to be out of regular archery range, and for Drogon to be out of scorpion range. But that's a long-ass way for us to watch a midget walk. And the visual just isn't as good. So they compromised by filming it closer while intending it to be out of range, and it left room for people to bich
aTmAg
AG
redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

The plot hole isn't that he left Brienne, it's that he didn't go back to KL right away. Either with Tyrion or with Jon. Why have him be like "Yeah I'm gonna sit this one out" for the first few hours?
I took it this way:

He has turned on Cersei (after all she tried to kill him), but still loved her to the point that he didn't want to be part of killing her. He thought that Dani had the force to do it. But when he heard that Dani suffered a major setback and that Cersei may actually win, he got on his horse to do his part.
redline248
AG
Yeah, this is the same woman that blew up a large section of the city to rid herself of 3 people. The charade of having her almost signal the archers was a waste of time, too. I don't think anyone believed for a second she'd have Tyrion killed right there.
aTmAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Right, sure someone could put a machine gun in a trunk and waste some people. I just mean there are folks on this thread that would take the improbable parts (parking the car how he did, getting it the perfect angle/distance to perfectly cover the building, etc) and shred it
Agreed. My bad on misunderstanding your point.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is how I took it. Initially drawn to stay with Brienne, but once getting actual news of the **** getting thick and the people he just fought and bled with to save the realm of men getting hammered by Cersei, the anger and hate inside him comes to a boil and pushes him to action.

Not all that unlike when he became kingslayer. Didn't want to do it. Ended up feeling compelled.
FIDO95
AG

On point as always.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 263 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.