****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,609 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Velvet Jones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Look I'm not saying anyone should refrain from posting negative thoughts.

But posting a TLDR about this show that's 98% negative is insane.

So you want them banned? Because you disagree with a post you admit you didn't even read?

You are what is wrong with this board.
aTmAg
AG
gambochaman said:

this is all going to end with them actually being in purgatory the whole time
Or Dani wakes up next to Drogo and the most of the last 8 seasons were a dream.
gambochaman
AG
that would be completely awesome for internet explosion
WestAustinAg
AG
You idiots have ruined this entire thread. It use to be fun. Then egos and hurt feelings started popping up as the series comes to its end.
M.C. Swag
AG
WestAustinAg said:

You're taking this all tooooooo seriously.
yer mom
gigemJTH12
AG
MiniShrike said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Look I'm not saying anyone should refrain from posting negative thoughts.

But posting a TLDR about this show that's 98% negative is insane.

So you want them banned? Because you disagree with a post you admit you didn't even read?

You are what is wrong with this board.

Dude...take it easy. I'm friends with both stringer and MC swag outside of this site. I was just messing with them.
CFTXAG10
AG
I've enjoyed every episode so far this season. We had a group of 9 watching together last night and everyone thought it was great, lots of gasps when Missandei went down.

I mentioned this last night on this thread, and the more I think about it I'll be kinda pissed if Euron doesn't confront Cersei over the baby. He was clearly right there and disappointed when she didn't let the arrows fly away at Tyrion, so he heard what Tyrion had to say. No way could Tyrion have found out so quickly about her pregnancy, and Euron isn't a complete idiot. In fact he is pretty clever. Hopefully it creates an internal conflict among Cersei and co.
Urban Ag
AG
lol
El Chupacabra
aTmAg said:

gambochaman said:

this is all going to end with them actually being in purgatory the whole time
Or Dani wakes up next to Drogo and the most of the last 8 seasons were a dream.

Bran is going to wake up in Winterfell as Season 1 Bran, as the Baratheons come into town delivering news of the new Starbucks going up in near the Godswood in WInterfell. It was all a dream.
Bunk Moreland
WestAustinAg said:

You idiots have ruined this entire thread. It use to be fun. Then egos and hurt feelings started popping up as the series comes to its end.

This has happened every season for the past 3 on this thread.
gigemJTH12
AG
See above. Just a joke to my friends. I edited the post.
StringerBell
AG
HtownAg92 said:

StringerBell said:

gigemJTH12 said:

You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.
could never compare to the 2014 miss state game.
You misspelled 2016. #4 in Playoff Ranking for all of one week and then dookied the bed.

plus in 2014 we had to deal with those god awful uniforms

anyhoo didnt mean to torture anyone. back to the complaining!
BallerStaf2003
AG
Urban Ag said:

I honestly don't understand why people continue to watch something they find so flawed. Flawed to the point they watch, probably re-watch, read tweets and message boards about it, then take all this time to post about how much they don't like it.

I can think of several series that I was really invested in and then stopped watching. Lost after about season 4. The Sopranos after season 4 or sometime during 5 (I did watch the finale'). The Walking Dead after season 3 I think. I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Probably not popular opinions around here either.

Hell, I have very little excitement for SW Ep9 coming later this year based on the fact I thought Ep7 was mediocre and Ep8 was just bad (my opinion).

It doesn't bother me in the least bit that anyone for almost any reason doesn't like GOT or did and now thinks it has gone to sh**. It's just a tv show. Who cares. I just am baffled as to why people tune in for every episode when they are predisposed of to believe it will suck. It's strange to me.

Because we've invested ten years Into it, and it had the potential to be the greatest story ever told.

If the books ever finish, it may be in the books, but the show definitely has fallen well short of the finish line.

It's ok to be disappointed and angry at the writing and still want to finish it. It's also okay to point out what a 180 the show has become.

I guess it's also ok for you to whine about the complainers. It's all good.
Bunk Moreland
CFTXAG10 said:

I've enjoyed every episode so far this season. We had a group of 9 watching together last night and everyone thought it was great, lots of gasps when Missandei went down.

I mentioned this last night on this thread, and the more I think about it I'll be kinda pissed if Euron doesn't confront Cersei over the baby. He was clearly right there and disappointed when she didn't let the arrows fly away at Tyrion, so he heard what Tyrion had to say. No way could Tyrion have found out so quickly about her pregnancy, and Euron isn't a complete idiot. In fact he is pretty clever. Hopefully it creates an internal conflict among Cersei and co.

I agree and then also wouldn't mind him being ok with it (and keeping it a secret) as long as it keeps him next to her. Seems like he's that kind of nut.
El Chupacabra
Urban Ag said:

I honestly don't understand why people continue to watch something they find so flawed. Flawed to the point they watch, probably re-watch, read tweets and message boards about it, then take all this time to post about how much they don't like it.

I can think of several series that I was really invested in and then stopped watching. Lost after about season 4. The Sopranos after season 4 or sometime during 5 (I did watch the finale'). The Walking Dead after season 3 I think. I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Probably not popular opinions around here either.

Hell, I have very little excitement for SW Ep9 coming later this year based on the fact I thought Ep7 was mediocre and Ep8 was just bad (my opinion).

It doesn't bother me in the least bit that anyone for almost any reason doesn't like GOT or did and now thinks it has gone to sh**. It's just a tv show. Who cares. I just am baffled as to why people tune in for every episode when they are predisposed of to believe it will suck. It's strange to me.
Realize that some people have literally nothing more to their lives than getting reactions (+ or -) from internet message boards.
CFTXAG10
AG
Absolutely, just hope there's some kind of acknowledgement
StringerBell
AG
for anyone on the fence, i just started the books (on audible so its gonna take me like a year to get through the first one) and they are quite good.

would recommend anyone who watches the show to pick them up.
aTmAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Urban Ag said:

Because we've invested ten years Into it, and it had the potential to be the greatest story ever told.

If the books ever finish, it may be in the books, but the show definitely has fallen well short of the finish line.

It's ok to be disappointed and angry at the writing and still want to finish it. It's also okay to point out what a 180 the show has become.

I guess it's also ok for you to whine about the complainers. It's all good.
I, for one, am not whining about the complainers. They have every right to post what they think. My issue is what they are complaining about. To me, it's like complaining that the color of meth in Breaking Bad really wouldn't be blue and that the show sucks because of that inaccuracy. Lot's of petty BS.
Mike Elko
AG
"Because we've invested ten years Into it, and it had the potential to be the greatest story ever told."

You need to get out more, bruh.
CoolAggie
AG
StringerBell said:

for anyone on the fence, i just started the books (on audible so its gonna take me like a year to get through the first one) and they are quite good.

would recommend anyone who watches the show to pick them up.
If anyone wants to listen to the books for free:

https://tokybook.com/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-series-1/
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

gambochaman said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

Anyone defending this last episode has to be a casual viewer who doesn't really know what's going on. The writing is so bad. Reddit's ASOIAF and Gameofthrones boards both think it was a disaster. I'm so disappointed.

Why?

No discussion of the night king, how Arya got to him, what they wanted, nothing. They mourn the minor characters for twenty minutes and then....

PARTY WITH A STARBUCKS CUP IN THE SCENE!!!! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

Then Daenerys really wants her throne still. Asks Aegon to hide his identity. Selfish. Stupid. Petty in the big scheme of things.

Jamie being a changed man then all of a sudden deciding to leave makes no sense.

Not showing Arya and Sansa's reaction to finding out about Aegon is unforgivable. Sansa was awful to Jon as kids, maybe even an apology would have been nice.

The single, dumbest, most infuriating part of the episode? TYRION AGAIN LOOKS STUPID. Once again he fails trying to outwit Cersei. When was the last time Tyrion was smart?

Daenerys will die unless Jon dies for her in Ned Stark fashion. I have a feeling he will when he left ghost behind.
the NK and his whole army are defeated...done and finished...what is there to talk about when there is still a battle to be fought? do you want them to sit down and do a sidebar camera interview like in The Office and explain everything second by second to you? good grief

mistakes like this have happened on basically every show...WGAS

Jamie decided to leave because he realized that he could not be at peace until he destroyed Cersei and atoned for all the sins he committed in her name...thats why he left...because he HAS changed...him staying behind is what would have made no sense

I dont think their reaction is as big of a deal as people make it out to be....it actually is kind of inconsequential in the greater scheme of things

I think Tyrion looked brilliant executing the strategy they had discussed prior...he knew full well that Missandei was a goner, but by giving Cersei a chance, he exposed her as the monster she truly is. he pantsed her hard in that scene and i suspect that it will cost her on loyalty big time from a few parties before its all said and done
Agreed.

And I don't understand - we have people complaining about filler in Ep 1 and 2. Now complaining that we don't have filler talking about how great it was what Arya did and replaying it in detail. And then more filler of having every retelling of Aegon's real story shown so we get every reaction - that doesn't matter for ***** Their actions matter. We know the story we don't need it repeated 5 times. FFS really?????

Bc the filler in episodes 1 and 2 were emotional goodbyes where the entire cast was facing death.

Yet, there were little to no consequences that made the emotions of 1 and 2 worth watching.

They all survived against all odds. A lot of filler.
aTmAg
AG
C@LAg said:

aTmAg said:

I, for one, am not whining about the complainers. They have every right to post what they think. My issue is what they are complaining about. To me, it's like complaining that the color of meth in Breaking Bad really wouldn't be blue and that the show sucks because of that inaccuracy. Lot's of petty BS.
irrelevant. if it is on topic it is fair game. You can always just scroll down to the next post that gives you tingles.
I didn't say that it's not fair game. I do not think anybody should be banned, any post deleted, or any of that. After all, I have criticized this show plenty.

But if you post a petty or ridiculous criticism, then be prepared to be called out on it. I find responding more fun than scrolling past them.
Furlock Bones
AG
Last nights episode missed the mark so many times. But I'm not even mad this week. Episode 3 was the culmination of everything wrong with D&D these last 2 seasons.

Just ready for it to end.
aTmAg
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Last nights episode missed the mark so many times. But I'm not even mad this week. Episode 3 was the culmination of everything wrong with D&D these last 2 seasons.

You can just end it right now. Just don't watch anymore. It's not that hard.
Furlock Bones
AG
aTmAg said:

Furlock Bones said:

Um ok.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Really an excellent post. Well said on all fronts.
wangus12
AG
**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

Urban Ag
AG
I'm not whining. I made a simple observation.

If I thought this thing tanked a couple of seasons ago, as most of you complainers do, I would have pulled the ripcord a couple of seasons ago.

That's how most people deal with things that disappoint them. They move on to better usage of their time.
BallerStaf2003
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Swag...you have some decent points and you are far more knowledgeable about this whole thing than most of us, but you need to get a grip and realize what you're doing. You're way over the top now Watching and waiting for what you can criticize next. You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.

To many, many people, this season has probably been the most disappointing season of television ever. So much buildup for so little payoff.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

**** that really matters

Quote:

• Geographical continuity: King's Landing is apparently now a flat, arid, desert. Kewl. (and this isn't a new complaint, it's just another notch in the belt)

How'd we go from this

To this

To this

When is that second pic from?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Swag...you have some decent points and you are far more knowledgeable about this whole thing than most of us, but you need to get a grip and realize what you're doing. You're way over the top now Watching and waiting for what you can criticize next. You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.

To many, many people, this season has probably been the most disappointing season of television ever. So much buildup for so little payoff.

What payoff were you looking for that you haven't received?
BallerStaf2003
AG
Maybe a few of the complaints are petty, I'll give you the Starbucks cup for example.

But there are many, many massive plot holes and characters arcs that make zero sense that are very valid.
Urban Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

Furlock Bones said:

When I was in middle school I walked out of a terrible movie and waited for my mom to pick me up. $2 in the arcade was a better use of my time.

You know, opportunity cost. Basic economics.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Dubronvik, Croatia has no flatlands.....
First Page Last Page
Page 262 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.