****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,452 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

Hey, if you have a sec could you post a review of the Last Jedi on the SW Discussion thread?

TIA
It's like he thinks of himself as Siskel and Ebert. (and I didn't care what Siskel and Ebert had to say either)
M.C. Swag
AG
StringerBell said:

buddy im messing with you. take yourself a little less seriously. i appreciate your insights.
haha I meant that less seriously.
redline248
AG
aTmAg said:

Urban Ag said:

Hey, if you have a sec could you post a review of the Last Jedi on the SW Discussion thread?

TIA
It's like he thinks of himself as Siskel and Ebert. (and I didn't care what Siskel and Ebert had to say either)

Really funny coming from a guy that has so many posts on this thread.
aTmAg
AG
redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Urban Ag said:

TIA

Really funny coming from a guy that has so many posts on this thread.
I'm not making a big production of my "review" of the show. I do not pretend that anybody cares what I think.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Now that this thing is ending, I love the Starbucks coffee cup gaffe. Imagine all the fun for months now putting small plugs in all over the place:

Tormund and a beard trimmer.
Bran with a I've fallen and I can't get up necklace.
Howland Reed walking around in the background with a cell phone saying "Can you hear me now?"
Arya wearing some sick Air Jordans
bonfarr
AG
aTmAg said:

c-jags said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Why didn't Jaime and Tyrion send some of the unsullied to kill Bron on his way out? I don't understand why they just let him leave as easily as he snuck in.
because while they both have done questionable things, they both still operate with some honor.
Agreements under duress shouldn't be held against anybody. Bronn had a crossbow pointed at their head during that "negotiation". Bronn was acting dishonorably. Jamie and Tyrion had every right to have the unsullied go after him.

Bronn acting dishonorably? He is a mercenary and never pretended to be otherwise so he was acting perfectly in character. Both Lannister brothers knew exactly what they were getting from Bronn. Bronn is a sell sword that spent years doing their bidding and he ended up getting shafted so all he is doing is making sure he gets what he is owed.

Anyway I guarantee the Bronn situation is being built up to be a Han Solo moment, you think he is just a greedy sell sword but in the end he forgets about the money and reward and swoops in to save the good guys in time for them to win. Book it, Bronn will save either Jamie or Tyrion in the battle next week.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
StringerBell
AG
my bad

gigemJTH12
AG
Swag...you have some decent points and you are far more knowledgeable about this whole thing than most of us, but you need to get a grip and realize what you're doing. You're way over the top now Watching and waiting for what you can criticize next. You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.
bangobango
AG
Nailed it. Bravo.
StringerBell
AG
Quote:

• Bronn's Seinfeld-esque cameo: Just an absurd sequence of events with even more absurd dialogue.

also this now has me imagining bronn running into the room with the seinfeld bassline playing in the background and it's making me laugh
StringerBell
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.
could never compare to the 2014 miss state game.
aTmAg
AG
bonfarr said:

aTmAg said:

c-jags said:

easttexasaggie04 said:

Why didn't Jaime and Tyrion send some of the unsullied to kill Bron on his way out? I don't understand why they just let him leave as easily as he snuck in.
because while they both have done questionable things, they both still operate with some honor.
Agreements under duress shouldn't be held against anybody. Bronn had a crossbow pointed at their head during that "negotiation". Bronn was acting dishonorably. Jamie and Tyrion had every right to have the unsullied go after him.

Bronn acting dishonorably? He is a mercenary and never pretended to be otherwise so he was acting perfectly in character. Both Lannister brothers knew exactly what they were getting from Bronn. Bronn is a sell sword that spent years doing their bidding and he ended up getting shafted so all he is doing is making sure he gets what he is owed.

Anyway I guarantee the Bronn situation is being built up to be a Han Solo moment, you think he is just a greedy sell sword but in the end he forgets about the money and reward and swoops in to save the good guys in time for them to win. Book it, Bronn will save either Jamie or Tyrion in the battle next week.
I'm not saying it's out of character for Bronn. I'm just saying that it would not be dishonorable for Jamie or Tyrion to back out of their "deal" or kill Bronn altogether.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.

To be fair, it was pretty ****ty TV.
redline248
AG
StringerBell said:

gigemJTH12 said:

F you for invoking that memory
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

Not really. It's actually one of the best shows on TV right now.
aTmAg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

I see the winky face...

but do you network TV, bro?
M.C. Swag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Swag...you have some decent points and you are far more knowledgeable about this whole thing than most of us, but you need to get a grip and realize what you're doing. You're way over the top now Watching and waiting for what you can criticize next. You literally just broke that down like it's the worst thing to ever be recorded on TV.
lol not my intent. I think Walking Dead is still around, right? That'll be the last time I post anything like that. Sincerely, no more negativity from me. Tone is hard to convey and it's just not coming through nor having the affect in response I intended.
redline248
AG
Nm
bangobango
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Anyone defending this last episode has to be a casual viewer who doesn't really know what's going on. The writing is so bad. Reddit's ASOIAF and Gameofthrones boards both think it was a disaster. I'm so disappointed.
I'm not a casual viewer.

Maybe attack the episode and not the people who liked it?

By far the more hostile posts are from people defending the show.
M.C. Swag
AG
StringerBell said:

gigemJTH12 said:

2017 UCLA was an exercise of lobotomy.
StringerBell
AG
mannn just post it and be ok with all of us ****ting on you. we've got two episodes left of one of the best shows of our lifetime. now's not the time to get soft about critiques.

your points are well stated.
bangobango
AG
M.C. Swag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

lol not my intent. I think Walking Dead is still around, right? That'll be the last time I post anything like that. Sincerely, no more negativity from me. Tone is hard to convey and it's just not coming through nor having the affect in response I intended.

Screw that man, keep posting your thoughts. There are certain people on this board that will defend something they are fans of to the death. This isn't the only show or franchise they do this with. Any criticism they take very personal. That's on them, not you.
gigemJTH12
AG
StringerBell said:

mannn just post it and be ok with all of us ****ting on you. we've got two episodes left of one of the best shows of our lifetime. now's not the time to get soft about critiques.

your points are well stated.

Staff can y'all please delete this and ban Swag from the thread???

Thanks in advance.

Edit: this is a joke
Urban Ag
AG
I honestly don't understand why people continue to watch something they find so flawed. Flawed to the point they watch, probably re-watch, read tweets and message boards about it, then take all this time to post about how much they don't like it.

I can think of several series that I was really invested in and then stopped watching. Lost after about season 4. The Sopranos after season 4 or sometime during 5 (I did watch the finale'). The Walking Dead after season 3 I think. I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Probably not popular opinions around here either.

Hell, I have very little excitement for SW Ep9 coming later this year based on the fact I thought Ep7 was mediocre and Ep8 was just bad (my opinion).

It doesn't bother me in the least bit that anyone for almost any reason doesn't like GOT or did and now thinks it has gone to sh**. It's just a tv show. Who cares. I just am baffled as to why people tune in for every episode when they are predisposed of to believe it will suck. It's strange to me.
gigemJTH12
AG
Look I'm not saying anyone should refrain from posting negative thoughts.

But posting a TLDR about this show that's 98% negative is insane.
Bunk Moreland
Quote:

It doesn't bother me in the least bit that anyone for almost any reason doesn't like GOT or did and now thinks it has gone to sh**. It's just a tv show. Who cares. I just am baffled as to why people tune in for every episode when they are predisposed of to believe it will suck. It's strange to me.

I'm not predisposed. I still remain glass half full and they can end it just fine if they want. After Ep 3 I said I was impressed with the scale of the episode and how hard it was to film. I was fine with half of the criticisms of it just due to what they had to go through to film the ep. I even then said it's all bout ep 5 for this season and it appears that'll be the case.

But ep 4 still sucked. Can't wait for Sunday though. Hope it delivers.
aTmAg
AG
bangobango said:

M.C. Swag said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Screw that man, keep posting your thoughts. There are certain people on this board that will defend something they are fans of to the death. This isn't the only show or franchise they do this with. Any criticism they take very personal. That's on them, not you.
Or perhaps we criticize the criticisms when they are worse than the thing they are criticizing?

I doubt anybody here is thinking the show is perfect or the best show of all time or anything.
HtownAg92
AG
StringerBell said:

gigemJTH12 said:

You misspelled 2016. #4 in Playoff Ranking for all of one week and then dookied the bed.
gambochaman
AG
Quote:

2017 UCLA

what is a 2017 UCLA? I do not think such a thing exists
aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

I honestly don't understand why people continue to watch something they find so flawed. Flawed to the point they watch, probably re-watch, read tweets and message boards about it, then take all this time to post about how much they don't like it.

I can think of several series that I was really invested in and then stopped watching. Lost after about season 4. The Sopranos after season 4 or sometime during 5 (I did watch the finale'). The Walking Dead after season 3 I think. I just didn't enjoy it anymore. Probably not popular opinions around here either.

Hell, I have very little excitement for SW Ep9 coming later this year based on the fact I thought Ep7 was mediocre and Ep8 was just bad (my opinion).

It's not just that.. it's like they watch with a notepad and pen ready to write down things to criticize in a long TexAgs post the next day.
gambochaman
AG
this is all going to end with them actually being in purgatory the whole time
Cappo
AG
Urban Ag said:

whoa you stopped the Sopranos after 4??
spence10
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Look I'm not saying anyone should refrain from posting negative thoughts.

But posting a TLDR about this show that's 98% negative is insane.

As opposed to 1000 single posts about how good the episode was? Some of us are interested in hearing both sides - especially Swag's extremely well thought out critique - and a good offset to the "really liked that episode" posts. What's insane is how much it bothers you people expect more out of what's been the best series of all time.
WestAustinAg
AG
You're taking this all tooooooo seriously.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Urban Ag said:

I'm right there with you with Lost. As soon as they got off the island I lost all interest.
First Page Last Page
Page 261 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.