****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,084 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Chase
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know we've about ended the talk about the darkness, video quality, savings on CGI costs or whatever but I knew this article would come in some form and thought it was funny. From the verge:

cbr
AG
Ok folks, i loved it too, but, lol, if you're going to throw down that video, i have to raise you a hitler rant:

Sports-Ag
AG
Emilia Clarke was on Jimmy Kimmel tonight and said episode 5 is going to be big. She then next said to watch it on the biggest tv.
Icecream_Ag
S
Sports-Ag said:

Emilia Clarke was on Jimmy Kimmel tonight and said episode 5 is going to be big. She then next said to watch it on the biggest tv.
making the episode showed the same director for episodes 3 and 5 this season.
Hulla Baller
AG
Sports-Ag said:

The real question is, how dark is it going to be?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

@4:40 on the second video

"Episode 5 is bigger"

*Audience gasp*
M.C. Swag
AG
bonfarr said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Not sure if this was asked or suggested (and on this long a thread don't wana go back too much) but on the "Arya jumped outa nowhere" maybe she masked herself as one of the dead bodies laying around or one of the WW in close proximity? That seems like the only plausible solution to that. But if thats indeed the case there shoulda been some implication of that just prior to the kill scene.

FWIW I'm predicting (and I have no inside knowledge):

I think Yara Greyjoy comes in and plays a pivotal role in the final battles or conflicts.

Yara should be the one to kill Euron.

Unless the show unexpectedly subverts our expectations with a stroke of great writing and instead has Euron die by a character who has no interactions with him but may have said a single line of dialogue years ago that can be retconned to mean it was their destiny all along!
aTmAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

bonfarr said:

Not sure if this was asked or suggested (and on this long a thread don't wana go back too much) but on the "Arya jumped outa nowhere" maybe she masked herself as one of the dead bodies laying around or one of the WW in close proximity? That seems like the only plausible solution to that. But if thats indeed the case there shoulda been some implication of that just prior to the kill scene.

FWIW I'm predicting (and I have no inside knowledge):

I think Yara Greyjoy comes in and plays a pivotal role in the final battles or conflicts.

Yara should be the one to kill Euron.

Unless the show unexpectedly subverts our expectations with a stroke of great writing and instead has Euron die by a character who has no interactions with him but may have said a single line of dialogue years ago that can be retconned to mean it was their destiny all along!
There is clearly a reason you aren't a writer.
FightinTexasAg15
AG

Gone but not forgotten
gigemJTH12
AG
I have a very important question...will there be another set of bewbs shown on GOT? Surely there's a Bronn scene left in the tank. Maybe Tyrion break his cold streak?
The Debt
Thomas Ford 91 said:

MaroonStain said:

Again...at this point in the books, there is not a Night King.

Yes, there is. There must be, even if we haven't met him. Unless you think the Others are a technologically-advanced, organized race of beings without a leader.

Considering the books are written by living POV characters, I doubt we will get a NK to the extent of the show.

Iirc the Battle of Hardhomme wasnt in the books.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Missandei + Dany
aTmAg
AG
nm
gigemJTH12
AG
Speaking of Bronn...are they going to run into him while marching south? Seems like the only logical meet up. And then he would seemingly join them to fight and give up some info about new scorpions they have built, etc.
M.C. Swag
AG
It's a joke man. Get some rest.
aTmAg
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Didn't notice the winky face.. my bad

(you are still wrong though)
agsquirrel97
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Sports-Ag said:

The real question is, how dark is it going to be?
And what will the level of terrors be? Half full of terrors, or chocked full of terrors?
bonfarr
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Speaking of Bronn...are they going to run into him while marching south? Seems like the only logical meet up. And then he would seemingly join them to fight and give up some info about new scorpions they have built, etc.

If there is going to be a betrayal by a main character that upsets people there is a good chance it will be Bronn. He may kill either Tyrion or Jamie.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
aTmAg
AG
bonfarr said:

gigemJTH12 said:

If there is going to be a betrayal by a main character that upsets people there is a good chance it will be Bronn. He may kill either Tyrion or Jamie.
Is the betrayal thing that people keep talking about come from the books? I can't remember any reference to an impending betrayal in the show.
BCG Disciple
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I have a very important question...will there be another set of bewbs shown on GOT? Surely there's a Bronn scene left in the tank. Maybe Tyrion break his cold streak?

Will Arya's be the last pair we see? They were dramatically better than expected.
Icecream_Ag
S
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Is the betrayal thing that people keep talking about come from the books? I can't remember any reference to an impending betrayal in the show.
yes, Arya kills Jon and Sansa, then kidnaps Dany and they sail west of westeros with Yara
Urban Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

M.C. Swag said:

Didn't notice the winky face.. my bad

(you are still wrong though)
you're like my teenage son

it. never. ends.
bonfarr
AG
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Not specifically the show is way past where the books stopped but the books set the tone of no Good vs Evil, Black vs White people exist in shades of grey and for the most part the show has conveyed that with the exception of the battle with the NK.

Most of the people on the show do good things but also act out of self interest and do bad things at other times. Now that the NK is defeated the show can get back to the moral ambiguity.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Federale01
AG
aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

gigemJTH12 said:

It's only a betrayal if you think Bronn has any loyalty to Tyrion or Jamie (or any loyalty at all). In episode 1, Cersi gave him the same crossbow Tyrion used to kill their father and paid him to go kill them.
M.C. Swag
AG
Federale01 said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

gigemJTH12 said:

It's only a betrayal if you think Bronn has any loyalty to Tyrion or Jamie (or any loyalty at all). In episode 1, Cersi gave him the same crossbow Tyrion used to kill their father and paid him to go kill them.
Well he jumped in front of a fire breathing Dragon to save Jamie sooo....
aTmAg
AG
Federale01 said:

aTmAg said:

bonfarr said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I thought I remember on this thread, prior to this season starting, people trying to guess who was going to be the one who betrays Dany. Like it was written in prophecy or something. It was around the same time that we were talking about Dany getting pregnant because of prophecy.
Federale01
AG
I will put you squarely in the "he has loyalty to them" camp.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Arya tells Ed Sheeran in the forest she's going to kill the queen. Arya seems like the type to follow through w her threats. It would be really unexpected to give Arya BOTH of the big kills.
aTmAg
AG

Arya tells Ed Sheeran in the forest she's going to kill the queen. Arya seems like the type to follow through w her threats. It would be really unexpected to give Arya BOTH of the big kills.
Her list has been one big threat, and lots of them were killed by other people.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag
AG

Yes, in the same world where Ayra has already killed:
  • polliver
  • waif
  • Meryn Trant
  • the ENTIRE Frey family (avenging the red wedding single handedly)
  • Little Finger
  • and now the Night King
It'd be TOTALLY unexpected if she killed the last remaining villain that's been on her kill list since Season 2. And if there's nothing tv viewers love more, it's having 0 narrative arc payoff in lue of "unexpected = good story telling."

*vomits on self*
chase128
AG
I thought Jaqen killed the tickler
M.C. Swag
AG
chase128 said:

I thought Jaqen killed the tickler
Ah you're right. I'll edit.
jtstanley4621
AG
cbr said:

Ok folks, i loved it too, but, lol, if you're going to throw down that video, i have to raise you a hitler rant:

Hitler rant is one of the most versatile memes of all time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I started watching this season because my coworkers won't shut up about it and guys, this episode was very bad. I couldn't see a damn thing and even when I could I had no idea what was going on. The redheads are both hot but who is one of them and why did she commit suicide? Why don't the dragons do more cool stuff.
This must be what it feels like to have bandwagon t-shirt fans.
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.