****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,549 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sansa is going to be busy once things are settled.

Dreadfort: Boltons are gone, will need a new family
Last Hearth: Umbers are gone, will need a new family
Bear Island: Mormonts are gone, will need a new family
Karhold: The teen looking Karstark girl was last seen going with Theon and Bran into godswood. Status unknown
Deepwood Motte: Glovers stayed home instead of fight in Winterfell. Any retribution?
Greywater Watch: Howland Reed, lol
CFTXAG10
AG
Solid E3 recap....

wangus12
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah but does Rheagal answer to her or to Jon now? That won't matter as long as Jon stays on her side, but I don't think that's necessarily a given.
They're gonna make Jon lustful for power and then Sansa, Dany, Arya and Cersei will have to band together to kill him and destroy this patriarchal society and they'll all become besties drinking wine and ruling the the 7 Kingdoms. Thats why all the women are now in control and badass #feminism
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

bobinator said:

Yeah but does Rheagal answer to her or to Jon now? That won't matter as long as Jon stays on her side, but I don't think that's necessarily a given.
They're gonna make Jon lustful for power and then Sansa, Dany, Arya and Cersei will have to band together to kill him and destroy this patriarchal society and they'll all become besties drinking wine and ruling the the 7 Kingdoms. Thats why all the women are now in control and badass #feminism

And then a sequel series...I can see it now.....

Sex in the Citadel

Hubert J. Farnsworth
Undead Viserion was by far the coolest dragon. The scene of him rampaging in the winterfell castle was the best dragon scene of the entire show. His blue fire seemed much faster and potent than the other two dragons. It took down the wall in season 7 like nothing.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
MaroonStain said:

Again...at this point in the books, there is not a Night King.

Yes, there is. There must be, even if we haven't met him. Unless you think the Others are a technologically-advanced, organized race of beings without a leader.
bangobango
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
Well that settles it. RIP Arya

La Bamba
AG
wangus12 said:

bobinator said:

Shut up and show us your boobs
Hubert J. Farnsworth
bangobango said:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
bangobango said:

The meme always makes me laugh; but tying it to the complaints of people here (and everywhere) makes it spectacularly funny...

I still LOVED the episode and the series despite some very minor flaws, but that video is dang funny too

I need to find the one for The Last Jedi
bangobango
AG
I haven't kept up with the discussion on the lighting problems, so forgive me if this has already been posted, but this is a good discussion in what went wrong
https://amp.cheezburger.com/8285445/game-of-thrones-very-dark-episode-explained-in-factual-twitter-thread?__twitter_impression=true
Counterpoint
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

wangus12 said:

bobinator said:

Sex in the Citadel

Are you a Daenerys, a Sansa, or an Arya?

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Not sure if this was asked or suggested (and on this long a thread don't wana go back too much) but on the "Arya jumped outa nowhere" maybe she masked herself as one of the dead bodies laying around or one of the WW in close proximity? That seems like the only plausible solution to that. But if thats indeed the case there shoulda been some implication of that just prior to the kill scene.

FWIW I'm predicting (and I have no inside knowledge):

I think Yara Greyjoy comes in and plays a pivotal role in the final battles or conflicts.
Agnzona
bobinator said:

redline248 said:

Anything else? Oh, what the f- can Bran offer now?
Bran is like having a satellite in a world where everyone else is using ground-bases line-of-sight reconnaissance and communication and some of y'all can't think of any uses for him?

What use is all seeing if you refuse to communicate?
redline248
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Not sure if this was asked or suggested (and on this long a thread don't wana go back too much) but on the "Arya jumped outa nowhere" maybe she masked herself as one of the dead bodies laying around or one of the WW in close proximity? That seems like the only plausible solution to that. But if thats indeed the case there shoulda been some implication of that just prior to the kill scene.

I think Yara Greyjoy comes in and plays a pivotal role in the final battles or conflicts.
I don't think she used any faceless man disguise, only used her sneaky ninja skills. I suppose the shot of the White Walker's hair rustling and him turning his head was supposed to indicate her moving like the Flash to get past them all? No clue what they were actually going for there, or from whose ass they pulled it.
aTmAg
AG
Episode IV said:

bangobango said:

The meme always makes me laugh; but tying it to the complaints of people here (and everywhere) makes it spectacularly funny...

I still LOVED the episode and the series despite some very minor flaws, but that video is dang funny too

I don't get the Jon didn't fight a WW criticism. If you know that the death of one of your officers would result in the death of thousands of soldiers, why in the hell would you risk that? I'd sit those WW dudes on top of a hill far away from the fighting and have them watch just like in the show.

With the exception of waiting too long to bring the storm and getting too personal with Bran, I think the NK's tactics were pretty damned good. Way better than the living side.
DannyDuberstein
AG
bangobango said:

I haven't kept up with the discussion on the lighting problems, so forgive me if this has already been posted, but this is a good discussion in what went wrong
https://amp.cheezburger.com/8285445/game-of-thrones-very-dark-episode-explained-in-factual-twitter-thread?__twitter_impression=true

Good read. Basically explains what we suspected, but with more detail and background
The Dog Lord
AG
Urban Ag said:

bonfarr said:

Social Media Influencer said:

Am I imagining this or did they already discuss bringing in the armies of Dorne and Highgarden? Though I have no idea what's left of those or who commands them.

What about the Knights of the Vale, did they sit this one out after Littlefinger was killed?
They were all around Brienne so, you know, they're probably allright!

Speaking of the Vale. Where the eff was Bronze Yohn Royce?! Taking Ghost for a walk after the initial charge?
The Dog Lord
AG
redline248 said:

Karhold: The teen looking Karstark girl was last seen going with Theon and Bran into godswood. Status unknown
Deepwood Motte: Glovers stayed home instead of fight in Winterfell. Any retribution?

I'm not sure they'll address it, but they should definitely kill that guy. He didn't defend the North, so he shouldn't live in it any longer.
bonfarr
AG

Yara should be the one to kill Euron.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Icecream_Ag
S
bonfarr said:

I think she kills him but not before he kills at least one cared about character
gougler08
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

bonfarr said:

I think she kills him but not before he kills at least one cared about character

I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't take someone out before going out in some crazy way
smokeythebear
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

wangus12 said:

bobinator said:

Sex in the Citadel

Ironically, no one eye-rolled harder than Cersei at this joke. She would pull a Tommen before being trapped in that version of hell.
jenn96
AG
I can't shake the feeling that Jaime is going to betray the good guys to help Cersei in the end. I hope not. I love his redemption and I've loved watching him try to rise above the weight of his past choices. I think he's genuinely an honorable man now. But Tyrion said it well: "You've always known what she is and you loved her anyway." And it would be such a shock to the viewers since we've all completely bought into his arc.

He came north to fight for the living. That fight is done. He loves Cersei, no matter how flawed she is, and she's pregnant with his child. I don't see him leaving Winterfell now to go back to her, more of a situation where Cersei is in acute danger and he chooses to protects her. Kind of like Frodo at the last moment - "I choose not to do this."

It's not a prediction, more of a worry. He loves Brienne because she inspires him to be a better man and I hope that holds him to the ground, and depending on how the encounter with Bronn goes he may finally put Cersei behind him. But if any character in this show has a Precious, it's Jaime. She was his whole world for most of his life. The idea that he would betray his allies for love isn't far fetched to me. Sad, but not out of character for him. And say one thing for GRRM, say he can break your heart.
The Dog Lord
AG
jenn96 said:

I can't shake the feeling that Jaime is going to betray the good guys to help Cersei in the end. I hope not. I love his redemption and I've loved watching him try to rise above the weight of his past choices. I think he's genuinely an honorable man now. But Tyrion said it well: "You've always known what she is and you loved her anyway." And it would be such a shock to the viewers since we've all completely bought into his arc.

He came north to fight for the living. That fight is done. He loves Cersei, no matter how flawed she is, and she's pregnant with his child. I don't see him leaving Winterfell now to go back to her, more of a situation where Cersei is in acute danger and he chooses to protects her. Kind of like Frodo at the last moment - "I choose not to do this."

It's not a prediction, more of a worry. He loves Brienne because she inspires him to be a better man and I hope that holds him to the ground, and depending on how the encounter with Bronn goes he may finally put Cersei behind him. But if any character in this show has a Precious, it's Jaime. She was his whole world for most of his life. The idea that he would betray his allies for love isn't far fetched to me. Sad, but not out of character for him. And say one thing for GRRM, he can break your heart.

Cersei will definitely need to do something more for Jaime to go against her. Going to Winterfell was easy, but fighting against Cersei is another story altogether. I guess killing Brienne or Tyrion could send him over the edge, but it's tough to say what will happen at this point.
Liquid Wrench
Don't forget the Bronn factor.

jenn96
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Don't forget the Bronn factor.

Haha I love that gif. The Bronn factor is huge. The Brienne factor is huge. And he loves and trusts Tyrion. And yet...

Hell, I could see him saving Cersei somehow, betraying the others, and THEN finally coming to grips with what she really is and then killing her in total despair.
aTmAg
AG
The Dog Lord said:

redline248 said:

I'm not sure they'll address it, but they should definitely kill that guy. He didn't defend the North, so he shouldn't live in it any longer.
They should go Genghis Khan on them and take out the entire family.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

redline248 said:

Hey the dragons gotta eat..... food is in short supply. Let them take a flight up to Deepwood Motte and torch the castle and make a meal of whatever is left.
jenn96
AG
Were the Glover's one of the families that betrayed Rickon or was that just the Umbers and Karstarks? I can't remember. Either way I hope they pay some price. Maybe give Deepwood Motte to the 10 remaining Unsullied. Or Ser Brienne.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

redline248 said:

Hey the dragons gotta eat..... food is in short supply. Let them take a flight up to Deepwood Motte and torch the castle and make a meal of whatever is left.
Yep
mazzag
AG
aTmAg said:

Episode IV said:

bangobango said:

I don't get the Jon didn't fight a WW criticism. If you know that the death of one of your officers would result in the death of thousands of soldiers, why in the hell would you risk that? I'd sit those WW dudes on top of a hill far away from the fighting and have them watch just like in the show.

With the exception of waiting too long to bring the storm and getting too personal with Bran, I think the NK's tactics were pretty damned good. Way better than the living side.

Take a breather....
mazzag
AG
redline248
AG
jenn96 said:

Were the Glover's one of the families that betrayed Rickon or was that just the Umbers and Karstarks? I can't remember. Either way I hope they pay some price. Maybe give Deepwood Motte to the 10 remaining Unsullied. Or Ser Brienne.

No, but they were hesitant to support Jon in the fight against Ramsay. He's been a bit of a cock
First Page Last Page
Page 223 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.