****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,436 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

Whether she actually has two dragons is going to be a big question.
It's really not. they were in the preview. looked fine and both flying. we'll see i guess.
bobinator
AG
Yeah but does Rheagal answer to her or to Jon now? That won't matter as long as Jon stays on her side, but I don't think that's necessarily a given.
Urban Ag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

I think she wants to, no question there, but she no longer has the army to force the North to do what she wants. All of the Dothraki and presumably most of the unsullied are gone. The North is going to have to want to go South, and that's what I have a hard time seeing happen unless there's some new plot mechanic on the board.
i reiterate.....2 dragons.

and we saw Dany's remaining fleet in the preview. possibly.... they go to Essos for Daario and the 20,000 Second Sons she left there to join the battle and offset the Golden Company forces.

I would also imagine they could now recruit more from the other territories - that were unwilling to go North for the battle with the undead that nobody believed existed. Others may join them to overthrow Cersei though.

The Second Sons is a great idea. And of course Dorne still has their entire army intact and Dorne was going to Dany's side anyway before the Sand Snakes got killed. But you think they could pull something like that off in three episodes. It would have to be flawless or it would feel really cheap to whip up a new army or two.
Liquid Wrench
Am I imagining this or did they already discuss bringing in the armies of Dorne and Highgarden? Though I have no idea what's left of those or who commands them.
Trident 88
AG
The Debt said:

bobinator said:

redline248 said:

Anything else? Oh, what the f- can Bran offer now?
Bran is like having a satellite in a world where everyone else is using ground-bases line-of-sight reconnaissance and communication and some of y'all can't think of any uses for him?

He can legitimize Jon.
I think Jon might be killed before he can be legitimized. It might happen afterward, but I think he dies either way. He's too stupid to live.

If Dany lives, I think she loses her desire to sit on the Iron Throne. She's going to sail back across the sea, and I think she'll take some folks with her. Maybe Varys, Missandei... and Arya will probably hitch a ride if she is smart and talented enough to survive.

Sansa becomes queen. Tyrion becomes the hand. Sam goes to the Citadel.

Everyone else dies.
The Debt
I really just want every fighter in winterfell to be all like "I'm sorry mother of dragons, I just fought the undead. And while I know you want your families throne back, I'm not going to die for your vanity. There is no fight left in me and your political aspirations are petty and selfish. Your armies from Essos are destroyed and your dragons look like sht."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

bobinator said:

I think she wants to, no question there, but she no longer has the army to force the North to do what she wants. All of the Dothraki and presumably most of the unsullied are gone. The North is going to have to want to go South, and that's what I have a hard time seeing happen unless there's some new plot mechanic on the board.
i reiterate.....2 dragons.

and we saw Dany's remaining fleet in the preview. possibly.... they go to Essos for Daario and the 20,000 Second Sons she left there to join the battle and offset the Golden Company forces.

I would also imagine they could now recruit more from the other territories - that were unwilling to go North for the battle with the undead that nobody believed existed. Others may join them to overthrow Cersei though.

The Second Sons is a great idea. And of course Dorne still has their entire army intact and Dorne was going to Dany's side anyway before the Sand Snakes got killed. But you think they could pull something like that off in three episodes. It would have to be flawless or it would feel really cheap to whip up a new army or two.

Tyrion: Your grace we received ravens back from Mereen and Dorne. The Second Sons and Dornish army will meet us at KL in 3 weeks.

Dany: yippee

<3 weeks later>

Dany to Cersei: What up *****!!!! Game on ....like a Dothraki rave up in here!!!!!!

bobinator
AG
If we're batting around long term predictions, I still don't think anyone is going to end up on the Iron throne at the end.
Urban Ag
AG
The Debt said:

I really just want every fighter in winterfell to be all like "I'm sorry mother of dragons, I just fought the undead. And while I know you want your families throne back, I'm not going to die for your vanity. There is no fight left in me and your political aspirations are petty and selfish. Your armies from Essos are destroyed and your dragons look like sht."
I see.

DRACARYS!
HtownAg92
AG
M.C. Swag said:

bobinator said:

So do we have any theories on how they're going to set up this battle with the South?

Like I said earlier I have a hard time figuring out a reason why either army would leave where they currently are.
Ep 4 - Gather remaining characters from Westeros...Meera/Robin/Yara/etc.
Ep. 5 - All characters sit around a camp fire and share 1 final farewell wine toast
Ep 6 - A battle occurs. Slow mo cersei struts into the middle of the camp. Pod leaps from behind and stabs her with his rod.

Hot Pie sits on the throne.

-D&D
Depends on how much influence GRRM has in the final three. If a lot, we will need to get some closure on the fragile balance between the former slavers and slaves in Meereen, check in on Mance Rayder, who faked his death and escaped from Ramsey's dungeon, and of course update Dorne, lots and lots of Dorne. If there is time left after that, can look into King's Landing.
Urban Ag
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Am I imagining this or did they already discuss bringing in the armies of Dorne and Highgarden? Though I have no idea what's left of those or who commands them.
Yes......but....that was the beginning of S7.

Highgarten's army was seemingly destroyed by the Lannister/Tarly & Friends army. Dorne was all in but then the Sand Snakes got killed and Dorne dropped off the map.

Dorne wouldn't be a bad idea to join the fray now except they should have kept the Dornish relevant last season.
bonfarr
AG

What about the Knights of the Vale, did they sit this one out after Littlefinger was killed?
bobinator
AG
They were at the battle of Winterfell. Presumably they're pretty battered.
aTmAg
AG
Since Cersei is renting an army, I'd think that she can't afford to have them just sit there and wait at Kings Landing for a long time. She has to basically use them or lose them. So I imagine she'd have some sort of plan where she sends the mercenary army north to serve as bait for Dany to wipe out with her dragons. And Cersei would have a bunch of those scorpion things waiting for Dany.
bobinator
AG
The more I think about it, it does make a lot of sense for Cersei to try and leave King's Landing since if there was a siege of King's Landing her own people would likely rise up against her.

But I don't think she'll go all the way to Winterfell because that would take the Iron Fleet out of the equation.
aTmAg
AG
bobinator said:

The more I think about it, it does make a lot of sense for Cersei to try and leave King's Landing since if there was a siege of King's Landing her own people would likely rise up against her.

But I don't think she'll go all the way to Winterfell because that would take the Iron Fleet out of the equation.
Yeah, she just has to go far enough to tempt Dany to go after her. The farther away from the North the more likely that the North doesn't join Dany. So she wouldn't want to go all the way to Winterfell since that will likely embolden all the northern allies to join in.

Edit: Initially I was not sure what Cersei would do with the Iron Fleet now that he has delivered her an army. But perhaps what she could do is attack ports along the north to keep Winterfell allies unwilling to leave their homes to help Dany. They would be worried about defending their own houses.
bonfarr
AG
Quote:

When Daenerys Targaryen was a little girl, her brother Viserys once feasted the captains of the Golden Company in the hopes they might take up his cause to reclaim the Iron Throne from King Robert I Baratheon. They ate his food and heard his pleas and laughed at him.[17] Lord Jon Connington, exiled from Westeros during Robert's Rebellion, served five years with the Golden Company,[5] but he is said to have drank himself to death.[18]

The Golden Company is said to now be made up of exiles and the sons of exiles.[6] Some have been born into the company, but still consider themselves Westerosi.[1]

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Golden_Company

Dany and her brother had a history with the GC, maybe Tyrion negotiates with them that Dany will legitimize them and give them lands in Westeros if they sit out the fight. They supposedly want to end their exile so I could see that happen.
Urban Ag
AG
bonfarr said:

What about the Knights of the Vale, did they sit this one out after Littlefinger was killed?
They were all around Brienne so, you know, they're probably allright!
aTmAg
AG
I think that perhaps all of my guesses are way the hell wrong since the preview showed Dany's traveling by ship. I can only imagine they are heading for KL. If that were the case then Cersei would send her army nowhere. They would stay in KL and defend it with the Iron fleet and a buttload of scorpions
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

They were all around Brienne so, you know, they're probably allright!

They were her 'plot armor.'
smokeythebear
AG
Tywin, Jaime, Loras, Mace, Bron, and Randyll were all competent field generals who could navigate an army on the move. Cersei doesn't have any of them and I'm not sure this new guy (what's his name?) is going to lead the Golden Company north while Cersei just sits in the Red Keep. I don't expect Cersei or the GC to leave Kings Landing. Her MO has always been to sit tight and play defense.
bearamedic99
AG
Any guesses where Bran was warging during the battle?
bonfarr
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I hoped he was warginig into Nymeria to lead her pack to Winterfell but it didn't happen. I assume he was warging into Howland Reed instead.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Icecream_Ag
S
bonfarr said:

bearamedic99 said:

I hoped he was warginig into Nymeria to lead her pack to Winterfell but it didn't happen. I assume he was warging into Howland Reed instead.
Not Possible. Howland Reed was in College Station interviewing with RC and Jimbo for the AD job
schmidthead
Congratulations you just made the all-time best TexAgs joke.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

redline248 said:

Anything else? Oh, what the f- can Bran offer now?
Bran is like having a satellite in a world where everyone else is using ground-bases line-of-sight reconnaissance and communication and some of y'all can't think of any uses for him?
I mean, sure I can think of some uses. The question is more about what the writers have him do? They had him fly some birds around in the middle of the biggest threat to date.

As far as him legitimizing Jon. To whom does he have to prove that, anyway? Cersei won't give 2 sh-ts, the North will likely be more than happy to believe it. Dany probably already knows it's true.
smokeythebear
AG
100% Bran gives us a flashback to the Mad King.
wannaggie
bobinator said:

Isn't the wildfire basically greek fire but more explosive? It's not like it's some kind of unprecedented magic.
Which is asymmetrically more powerful than every other war technology Westeros has had.
In a game of Rock Paper Scissors Sword Arrow Spear Horses Castles Wildfire, Wildfire beats them all in one move.

Think about it -- people are going on and on about dragons as if a dragon is this amazing thing that Dany will use to rule the world and no one can withstand her. You know what a dragon is? It's a ruinously expensive, highly unreliable, hard to control/guide, non-copiable wildfire delivery device.

Wildfire can do the work of an army of dragons. It's the tactical nuke of a pre-steampunk iron-age civilization.
aTmAg
AG
One thing that seems off about Bran.. Does he really know everything or not?

For example, why not tell Jon, "Uh.. don't send the Dothraki charge. They will get wasted in 10 seconds" ? Why does he need ravens to go find where the NK is when he already knows everything already?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
why can't bran tell dany/jon where the Ww lived so they can go fire bomb the place just in case?

chipotle
bearamedic99 said:

He was leading the NK to his location
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

For example, why not tell Jon, "Uh.. don't send the Dothraki charge. They will get wasted in 10 seconds" ? Why does he need ravens to go find where the NK is when he already knows everything already?

No.....his abilities are different for past and future.

As the 3ER he can see anything from the past - he just needs sort of a trigger point to look there. He doesn't just know everything innately. He can go look at anything though once he knows he should look there.

His greenseeing ability, that others also have like Jojen, is different. Visions of the future come to him more like in a dream and are not directed - meaning he sees what comes to him but has no control over that.

The difference can also be "seen" by the way he experiences them. When he goes to the past he is in the scene more or less although undetected (except by the NK). In his visions it is more like a dream from a 3rd party view and he is not there in the scene but simply receiving the vision. It is basically prophetic dreams.

So he may know some things that will occur, or the overall end result, but not how they occurred in detail. For instance he saw the RK blowing up with wildfyre but not who did it and how it happened.

ja86
AG
aTmAg said:

because that changes the outcome.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

No.....his abilities are different for past and future.

As the 3ER he can see anything from the past - he just needs sort of a trigger point to look there. He doesn't just know everything innately. He can go look at anything though once he knows he should look there.

His greenseeing ability, that others also have like Jojen, is different. Visions of the future come to him more like in a dream and are not directed - meaning he sees what comes to him but has no control over that.

The difference can also be "seen" by the way he experiences them. When he goes to the past he is in the scene more or less although undetected (except by the NK). In his visions it is more like a dream from a 3rd party view and he is not there in the scene but simply receiving the vision. It is basically prophetic dreams.

So he may know some things that will occur, or the overall end result, but not how they occurred in detail. For instance he saw the RK blowing up with wildfyre but not who did it and how it happened.

So when he knew the NK had a dragon and has destroyed the wall, that came to him on a dream?

Edit: check that.... That would have been in the past where he could just rewind time and he knew where to look
Thunder18
AG
bonfarr said:

Brienne and Jamie had the Knights of the Vale fighting alongside them. They had a long shot of one old guy with the House Arryn sigil on his shield standing right behind/next to them
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.