****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,301 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CypressAg09 said:

tk for tu juan said:

CypressAg09 said:

I didn't really have a problem with Arya killing the NK, I had a problem with her being able to run through a ton of wights and white walkers and sneak up on him though. Like not one of them would be "hey bro, heads up, small girl with knife heading your way"

But I do wish it had gone the way you said. Arya's kill should've been Cersei, Jon should have fought the NK
Looked like she jumped from the roof to me...
I guess that's possible, but isn't that tree in the middle of the godwood. You see Theon and the gang shooting arrows in a big circle around it. Not sure what roof would be close enough. Guess she could've been hiding in a tree or something.

The wall around the tree is a little far, maybe from the top of the surrounding trees
Bregxit
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

If I had to explain Arya getting by everyone I'd point to two ideas:

Either Bran was warging in some way into the dead that let her by.

Or the Night King was so focused on finally having his moment after hundreds of years that he let down his guard for just a second while controlling the dead around him.

Either way, you guys suspend disbelief for a lot of non-nonsensical things in this show. Don't let something as meaningless as "how did she get by everyone" ruin the moment for you.
I can see the NK being somewhat distracted. In fact, I think Jon jumping out in front of Viserion caused the distraction (the NK controls Viserion)...that was when the NK cocked his head to the side for a sec before reaching for his sword.
mazzag
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Beyond epic. Still speechless. $16 million well spent.

WTF? No it was not! For fuaks sake Bernie would have a field day.
TxSquarebody
combat wombat said:

Did Gilly and little Sam bite it in the crypt? It looked to me like Gilly was a goner.

Both made it.
TyHolden
AG
mazzag said:

BoxingAg84 said:

Beyond epic. Still speechless. $16 million well spent.
WTF? No it was not! For fuaks sake Bernie would have a field day.

underrated post
tylercsbn9
AG
combat wombat said:

Did Gilly and little Sam bite it in the crypt? It looked to me like Gilly was a goner.

Alive

Once all the dead fell you see them on the far right when they show people down in the crypt
Silvertaps
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I thought that was the Night King instructing the dead to lay on the fire

Coincidence, just happened to be the next scene...it was Brans idea to bait the NK in the first place. He warged the crows to continue that baiting. NK reached out to him...saying I see u, I'm on the way.
AustinAg2K
reb, said:

were you people this pist off when frodo decided to keep the ring at the last second and it was gollum who ended up ironically destroying the ring?

because the whole trilogy was building up to frodo doing it
That was an excellent ending because it fit perfectly with what had been presented in material leading up to the final scene. The ring always corrupts. In the end, it even corrupted Frodo. You didn't have Sam run past Sauron at the last minute and throw the ring in.
TyHolden
AG
Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Coincidence, just happened to be the next scene...it was Brans idea to bait the NK in the first place. He warged the crows to continue that baiting. NK reached out to him...saying I see u, I'm on the way.
where do we see this?
reb,
AG
tk for tu juan
Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Bran is marked by the Night King so he already knows where to locate him and Bran knows it. No need to play phone tag with crows
JCRiley09
AG
It seems like a very GRRM thing to have his big heroes fail and a small girl succeed.

Too many main characters survived - reminded me of those walking dead episodes where Glenn was impossible to kill. But if the NK was going to die in this episode, Arya is a great choice for that kill
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Silvertaps
AG
DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

where do we see this?

When the crows reach the NK riding the dragon.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Arya doesn't have to even sneak by any of the dead. Arya is already inside their circle. 20 minutes before, Arya has her talk with Melisandre, realizes what she has to do, runs straight to the Godswood where she knows the Night King will go, and simply waits for him. She hides as the army picks off Bran's guards one by one. With the Night King standing in front of Bran and the dead surrounding, there's no one in her way, no one to sneak around.

Also if you have a problem with Arya sneaking past the dead we literally just watched her sneak around a half dozen of them in the library.
TyHolden
AG
Silvertaps said:

DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

where do we see this?
how do we know the NK reached out to him though? i didn't catch this.
tk for tu juan
C@LAg said:

scene where Nk was knocked from the dragon would have played better in slowmo, with him staring at him as he falls, blue eyes fading, all the while giving them the bird
Like Hans Gruber falling from the Nakatomi tower
Bregxit
AG
DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

where do we see this?
Because the NK was sitting on Viserion looking straight into the camera, which was the crow's POV, and he reached his hand out to the camera.
Silvertaps
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Bran is marked by the Night King so he already knows where to locate him and Bran knows it. No need to play phone tag with crows

The NK wasn't mmediately going to Bran...he was attacking John and Kalisi on the dragons and Winterfell. I'm just saying the intent of the warging the crows was to show the NK where he actually was...baiting him.
reb,
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Arya doesn't have to even sneak by any of the dead. Arya is already inside their circle. 20 minutes before, Arya has her talk with Melisandre, realizes what she has to do, runs straight to the Godswood where she knows the Night King will go, and simply waits for him. She hides as the army picks off Bran's guards one by one. With the Night King standing in front of Bran and the dead surrounding, there's no one in her way, no one to sneak around.

Also if you have a problem with Arya sneaking past the dead we literally just watched her sneak around a half dozen of them in the library.
she got in the tree! that explanation makes too much sense. She just chilled out on a branch and dropped on his ass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John and Kalisi

My word
TyHolden
AG
dlance said:

DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

DSAg44 said:

Silvertaps said:

gigemJTH12 said:

where do we see this?
Because the NK was sitting on Viserion looking straight into the camera, which was the crow's POV, and he reached his hand out to the camera.
ok thx - didn't catch that!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Hound.

I loved the scene with her, the Hound and Melisandre all in a room together. Weren't they all in her list?
MW03
AG
AustinAg2K said:

MW03 said:

AustinAg2K said:

I was really disappointed. There were good moments, but too many obvious issues.

Dany and Jon were pretty much worthless on their dragons. The dead were lined up in rows for easy pickings.

Also, I don't understand why sometimes dragon glass just kills the dead, and other times it turns them to dust. It very clearly turned the giant to dust. Why didn't it do that to all the other dead who just raised up later?

Seriously, Tyrion didn't have a plan for when the dead come alive in the crypts? It was painfully obvious that was going to happen. No one bothered to give anyone down there a dragon glass weapon (except one dagger). I feel like the writers thought they were being clever by waking up the dead, but pretty much everyone who watches the show saw it coming.

Not a single battle between a White Walker and someone with Valaryian Steel? Really? What was the point of making sure all the best fighters had VS weapon?

Biggest complaint though is Arya killing the Night King. For eight seasons they've been building up to a Jon vs. Night King fight that never happens. Arya has never been involved in the White Walker story line. For eight years, she has only cared about getting revenge on those who wronged her family. The writers obviously felt like they had to put in a twist, but it makes no sense. It would have been much better to have an epic battle between Jon and the Night King (I would have liked to see them fight in a ring of dragon fire as Dany burns everything around them to keep the dead/other WW from joining). Then if you want to give Arya a big kill, give her Cercei. That's who she cares most about killing. I find it hard to believe GRRM is planning for Arya to take down the Night King.

This one felt like typical Hollywood writing. There were some great scenes, but no really unexpected deaths. In fact, I'm not sure I would consider any death to be a major loss.

Seems to me the most predicable "Hollywood writing" would have been to have Jon fight the Night King and end up killing him in hand to hand combat.
Not all surprises are good writing. If they wanted to throw in a surprise no one saw coming, they should have just had Robin show up from the Vale and stab the Night King with a dragon glass tit.

They spent 2 seasons on Arya becoming an expert assassin. They spent one season on Robin doing a Tormund Giantslayer impression on his mom. Not apples to apples
Silvertaps
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

John and Kalisi

My word

Drunk and exhausted. Zombie king and dragon biatch better?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Log
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Also leave it to Sam to just lay down and stab whatever's around him

Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense.
Cromagnum
AG
Drogon and Rheagal have cleanup duty in the morning. Too many bodies to bury, so better get to burninating, and maybe munch on a few
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the bright side, no need to burn every single body now.
saltydog13
AG
Just the hound
Bregxit
AG
Loved the episode. The only issue I had was with the dragon tactics. Dany and Jon were fly-by roasting wights during the chaotic engagement but then when they were all stopped at the burning trenches they decide to park and take a breather. Why didn't they, in the words of OzzyManReviews, go BARBEQUUUUUUEE on the wights just standing there? That drove me nuts.

On the flip side, the icy arseholes had great strategy and tactics what with the WWs and NK staying out of the fray and zerging Winterfell with wights. Having a WW or 10 go in to fight against Valaryan steel weapons after having been struck down in smaller battles previously wouldn't have made sense.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lyanna Giantsbane
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
reb, said:

were you people this pist off when frodo decided to keep the ring at the last second and it was gollum who ended up ironically destroying the ring?

because the whole trilogy was building up to frodo doing it
WHERE ARE YOUR SPOILER TAGS?
Bregxit
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Lyanna GIanstbane
Lyanna Giantsnack
bangobango
AG
Disappointed.
First Page Last Page
Page 174 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.