****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,242 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

Drogon and Rheagal have cleanup duty in the morning. Too many bodies to bury, so better get to burninating, and maybe munch on a few
Yeah no point to burn the bodies anymore
reb,
AG
dlance said:

Loved the episode. The only issue I had was with the dragon tactics. Dany and Jon were fly-by roasting wights during the chaotic engagement but then when they were all stopped at the burning trenches they decide to park and take a breather. Why didn't they, in the words of OzzyManReviews, go BARBEQUUUUUUEE on the wights just standing there? That drove me nuts.

On the flip side, the icy arseholes had great strategy and tactics what with the WWs and NK staying out of the fray and zerging Winterfell with wights. Having a WW or 10 go in to fight against Valaryan steel weapons after having been struck down in smaller battles previously wouldn't have made sense.
frozen night king casts blizzard

he controlled the field of battle and take the dragons out of the action
Cromagnum
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Cromagnum said:

Drogon and Rheagal have cleanup duty in the morning. Too many bodies to bury, so better get to burninating, and maybe munch on a few
Yeah no point to burn the bodies anymore

You got a war to fight and every man, woman, and child needs a sword. Ain't nobody got time to dig 100,000 or more graves right now
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

CypressAg09 said:

I didn't really have a problem with Arya killing the NK, I had a problem with her being able to run through a ton of wights and white walkers and sneak up on him though. Like not one of them would be "hey bro, heads up, small girl with knife heading your way"

But I do wish it had gone the way you said. Arya's kill should've been Cersei, Jon should have fought the NK

I personally would prefer Jamie to kill Cersie.

Hoping for that payoff
I'm thinking it will be Tyrion... but I also would love for Jamie to become Queen Slayer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Swarely
C@LAg said:

Cromagnum said:

No they don't. Daenerys and Drogon took care of it when the Lannisters were marching back from wiping out the Tyrells. Drogon was even shot by it before he nuked it from orbit, just to be sure.
We do not know that is the same one, or that there are not more.

I agree we have only seen one, but they specifically emphasize it the opening credits (same as the ice moving south, and the fire pit around Winterfell); it is going to come into play.

I do look
Forward to next weeks opening credits
bangobango
AG
So tired of Hollywood and dumbass Hollywood writers.

Seriously, Arya? Maybe I could buy that, but last we saw Melisandre she was convinced Jon was the Prince who was promised. Then she comes back and all the sudden she knows it's Arya who is going g to save the day?

That **** burns me up.

And I don't even really care about the rest of the season now. I think it was a huge mistake to kill the night Kong before Cersi. Fighting over the throne is going to seem pretty as hell after tonight's episode.
TyHolden
AG
dlance said:

Loved the episode. The only issue I had was with the dragon tactics. Dany and Jon were fly-by roasting wights during the chaotic engagement but then when they were all stopped at the burning trenches they decide to park and take a breather. Why didn't they, in the words of OzzyManReviews, go BARBEQUUUUUUEE on the wights just standing there? That drove me nuts.

On the flip side, the icy arseholes had great strategy and tactics what with the WWs and NK staying out of the fray and zerging Winterfell with wights. Having a WW or 10 go in to fight against Valaryan steel weapons after having been struck down in smaller battles previously wouldn't have made sense.
Danny ****ed up the original plan when she went to start the bbq-ing. they were supposed to stand down until the NK showed his ass. i think they got lost in the fog or whatever that **** was. if they stay put, they probably have a better shot at locating him. it was all about one shot at the NK though and Arya came out of no where so basically the plan worked. kinda like jff running all around until finding a receiver against bama. sure, we didn't draw it up that way but we eventually won, so KDS is a genious and tech boy gets a job, and fired, and nfl job. it all makes sense.
Federale01
AG
Did Gendry make it? I didn't see him at the end.
Agnzona
DannyDuberstein said:

Regarding the visibility debate, I thought it served it's purpose well early. But I do think it carried on longer and more than necessary, with the biggest impact being that we got kind of robbed of seeing a series culminating dragon battle. It was hard to tell wtf is going on. I mean, Melisandre was getting banged in the dark earlier in the series, but we still got a good look at dem titties.

I think chaos, mood, setting, etc can be conveyed without sacrificing so much

Its such a tired and common director trick, shoot it real dark and go for the effect instead of just making it good to begin with.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Charlie Conway
some people on this thread are some miserable old ****s
jtstanley4621
AG
So here's something that's bothering me.

Melisandre came walking up from the north headed south, correct? How could she have been there? When I first saw her riding in I thought that was going to be the first white walker through it something.

The shot of the Dothraki getting their blades lit on fire was absolutely epic. Then them charging in. I thought the episode came off like a real work of art. Crazy how little dialogue there was. A real accomplishment that they pulled off well.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
bangobango said:

So tired of Hollywood and dumbass Hollywood writers.

Seriously, Arya? Maybe I could buy that, but last we saw Melisandre she was convinced Jon was the Prince who was promised. Then she comes back and all the sudden she knows it's Arya who is going g to save the day?

That **** burns me up.

And I don't even really care about the rest of the season now. I think it was a huge mistake to kill the night Kong before Cersi. Fighting over the throne is going to seem pretty as hell after tonight's episode.
How do you get "Night King Slayer" from "Prince who was promised"? Those two things don't have to be exclusive. We even had Melisandre tell us 4 seasons ago that Arya would close brown eyes, green eyes, and BLUE EYES. And we all totally whiffed on it!! It was great.
TxSquarebody
Federale01 said:

He made it.
TyHolden
AG
Federale01 said:

he got laid. that's his hole purpose.
Federale01
AG
They should have parked their dragons behind the trenches and just let the wytes come to them toasting everyone along the way. They could have engaged the NK once he showed up. Not very good tactics overall. And that opening Calvary charge was about as stupid as you can get.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
HombreDoce
AG
So does dragon glass decenigrate the whites or not? They seemed to be a little inconsistent with that.
Kill Switch
C@LAg said:

Imagine if in the timespan of building Thanos up for ten years.

Captain Marvel just teleports behind the army and stabs him in the back and saves the day and everyone lives and smiles and happy.

The rumor was that Ant man was going to go microscopic and crawl up his ass and then go giant and killing Thanos with the old exploding rectum trick.
Agnzona
Charlie Conway said:

some people on this thread are some miserable old ****s

This episode had more holes and cheap writing than Swiss Cheese.
Some young people are not very discerning.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

So here's something that's bothering me.

Melisandre came walking up from the north headed south, correct? How could she have been there? When I first saw her riding in I thought that was going to be the first white walker through it something.

The shot of the Dothraki getting their blades lit on fire was absolutely epic. Then them charging in. I thought the episode came off like a real work of art. Crazy how little dialogue there was. A real accomplishment that they pulled off well.
Yes, this is probably my one confusion I have with the episode. Where did Mel come from?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Some young people are not very discerning.

How many years have you spent studying and gathering wisdom on the best ways to kill zombies in a fantasy universe?
TyHolden
AG
Federale01 said:

They should have parked their dragons behind the trenches and just let the wytes come to them toasting everyone along the way. They could have engaged the NK once he showed up. Not very good tactics overall. And that opening Calvary charge was about as stupid as you can get.
yes, if mel gibson ran winterfell, the WWs would have been ****ed from the beginning...
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
HombreDoce said:

So does dragon glass decenigrate the whites or not? They seemed to be a little inconsistent with that.
You're right. Many wights were stabbed and reanimated. But the giant disintegrated when he was stabbed.
reb,
AG
Federale01 said:

when they made the plan for the battle in the last episode they literally said that part of the plan was for dragons to be guarding bran to do just that

no plan survives contact with the enemy
Cromagnum
AG
Dude, who goes this crazy?

Ginormus Ag
AG
Federale01 said:

And that opening Calvary charge was about as stupid as you can get.

How do you propose they get rid of the brown people with limited screen time? Reminded me of Operation get behind the darkies.
n_touch
They all had their money on her
Bregxit
AG
DSAg44 said:

dlance said:

Danny ****ed up the original plan when she went to start the bbq-ing. they were supposed to stand down until the NK showed his ass. i think they got lost in the fog or whatever that **** was. if they stay put, they probably have a better shot at locating him. it was all about one shot at the NK though and Arya came out of no where so basically the plan worked. kinda like jff running all around until finding a receiver against bama. sure, we didn't draw it up that way but we eventually won, so KDS is a genious and tech boy gets a job, and fired, and nfl job. it all makes sense.
I know she ****ed up the original plan. I am just saying, once it was good and ****ed, go barbeque the wights while they are just standing there staring at a burning trench. Why stop torching them when they stop fighting? That drove me bonkers.

Otherwise, I loved all of it. Oh wait, one more thing that drove me bonkers...

WTF was Jon doing while the NK/Viserion was chasing Dany/Drogon and Viserion was blowing blue flames up her and Drogon's butts? Why did Jon/Rhaegal just hover and watch? /SMDH
Ginormus Ag
AG
F'n soccer hooligans.
jtstanley4621
AG
A second thought: why did Melisandre revive Jon in the first place after he got stabbed? Seems like he ultimately didn't serve much of a purpose in the battle. He was about to die. If she serves the lord of light, why did he want Jon there?

Really gonna be interesting to see the many-faces god tie in that's definitely coming
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.