****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,566 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random thought: NK warged permanently into another body - The Mountain.
MBAR
AG
Cromagnum said:

C@LAg said:

Urban Ag said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I get the sense the Golden Company is going to become the Melted Gold Company
yeah so this. Dothraki were decimated. Seems most of the Unsullied were as well. KotV as well. Not too many left. But two full grown dragons and whatever they can pull together still gives Dany/The 'Noth the upper hand iMO.

I still think the GC bails on them and Cersei hits ultra level BSC desperation mode and wants to firebomb the city.

they have the scorpion in KL. At least one dragon is going down via that route.
but I agree, the likely story play is the GC turning on Cersei.

No they don't. Daenerys and Drogon took care of it when the Lannisters were marching back from wiping out the Tyrells. Drogon was even shot by it before he nuked it from orbit, just to be sure.
They can probably make more.
Dro07
AG
Beginning credits do show another scorpion in KL
Swan Song
AG
So the Night King was actually Rhaegar Targaryen, right?
gigemJTH12
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Biggest complaint though is Arya killing the Night King. For eight seasons they've been building up to a Jon vs. Night King fight that never happens. Arya has never been involved in the White Walker story line. For eight years, she has only cared about getting revenge on those who wronged her family. The writers obviously felt like they had to put in a twist, but it makes no sense. It would have been much better to have an epic battle between Jon and the Night King (I would have liked to see them fight in a ring of dragon fire as Dany burns everything around them to keep the dead/other WW from joining). Then if you want to give Arya a big kill, give her Cercei. That's who she cares most about killing. I find it hard to believe GRRM is planning for Arya to take down the Night King..

Hard to argue with this. Good points. And your scene of Jon vs the NK sounds badass.
Dro07
AG
Dude come one it's Reed
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
annie88
AG
dromo07 said:

Delete your quote of his quote so you don't quote it.
Yeah, quit quoting the quotes that you're quoting that no one wants quoted.
tylercsbn9
AG
PatAg said:

So whatever we all thought of that episode...here's whats left

Bronn vs Brothers Lannister

North vs Cersei, Greyjoy navy, and the mercanaries

What do Dany and Jon do now, as well as Sansa and the North

Who actually survived

Ghost and dragons all alive?

Ghost and two dragons were in the preview
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CypressAg09
AG
I didn't really have a problem with Arya killing the NK, I had a problem with her being able to run through a ton of wights and white walkers and sneak up on him though. Like not one of them would be "hey bro, heads up, small girl with knife heading your way"

But I do wish it had gone the way you said. Arya's kill should've been Cersei, Jon should have fought the NK
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
It's clear a lot of you guys are having a hard time accepting that things didn't go exactly as you expected them to. Jon didn't have an epic battle with a WW (again). Bran didn't reveal how he was actually an inside man for the army of the dead. Headless Ned Stark didn't awaken. The Night King didn't pull of his mask revealing that it was Petyr Baelish the whole time before Nimeria deus ex machina bit his head off.

Theories are fun to fantasize about but y'all end up ruining things for yourselves when they don't turn out how you planned. Plus, half the time y'alls predictions suck anyways.
PatAg
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

PatAg said:

So whatever we all thought of that episode...here's whats left

Bronn vs Brothers Lannister

North vs Cersei, Greyjoy navy, and the mercanaries

What do Dany and Jon do now, as well as Sansa and the North

Who actually survived

Ghost and dragons all alive?

Ghost and two dragons were in the preview
don't get the point of watching previews
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MW03
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I was really disappointed. There were good moments, but too many obvious issues.

Dany and Jon were pretty much worthless on their dragons. The dead were lined up in rows for easy pickings.

Also, I don't understand why sometimes dragon glass just kills the dead, and other times it turns them to dust. It very clearly turned the giant to dust. Why didn't it do that to all the other dead who just raised up later?

Seriously, Tyrion didn't have a plan for when the dead come alive in the crypts? It was painfully obvious that was going to happen. No one bothered to give anyone down there a dragon glass weapon (except one dagger). I feel like the writers thought they were being clever by waking up the dead, but pretty much everyone who watches the show saw it coming.

Not a single battle between a White Walker and someone with Valaryian Steel? Really? What was the point of making sure all the best fighters had VS weapon?

Biggest complaint though is Arya killing the Night King. For eight seasons they've been building up to a Jon vs. Night King fight that never happens. Arya has never been involved in the White Walker story line. For eight years, she has only cared about getting revenge on those who wronged her family. The writers obviously felt like they had to put in a twist, but it makes no sense. It would have been much better to have an epic battle between Jon and the Night King (I would have liked to see them fight in a ring of dragon fire as Dany burns everything around them to keep the dead/other WW from joining). Then if you want to give Arya a big kill, give her Cercei. That's who she cares most about killing. I find it hard to believe GRRM is planning for Arya to take down the Night King.

This one felt like typical Hollywood writing. There were some great scenes, but no really unexpected deaths. In fact, I'm not sure I would consider any death to be a major loss.

Seems to me the most predicable "Hollywood writing" would have been to have Jon fight the Night King and end up killing him in hand to hand combat.
tylercsbn9
AG
CypressAg09 said:

I didn't really have a problem with Arya killing the NK, I had a problem with her being able to run through a ton of wights and white walkers and sneak up on him though. Like not one of them would be "hey bro, heads up, small girl with knife heading your way"

But I do wish it had gone the way you said. Arya's kill should've been Cersei, Jon should have fought the NK

I personally would prefer Jamie to kill Cersie.

Hoping for that payoff
Bregxit
AG
wangus12 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

saltydog13 said:

Who is left on Arya's list outside of Cersei?
Ilyn Payne, the hound too technically

Well the Hound is off the list and Ilyn Payne's actor past away from cancer several years ago and they've left him out of the show
Wilko Johnson is still very much alive and was cancer free as of 2014.
canadiaggie
AG
yukmonkey said:

I'm a fly-by-night GoT fan. There is one thing I'm not fully versed on:

Why does the NK want so badly to kill the Three Eyed Raven (in this case, Bran)?
Wants to wipe out humanity. Perfect place to start is with the repository of all human history - The 3ER
tk for tu juan
CypressAg09 said:

Looked like she jumped from the roof to me...
Cromagnum
AG
Agree that it's a wasted opportunity to see none of the white walker "captains" clash swords with even a single person. Was really hoping that at least 1 or 2 of them got popped to nuke some of the wights.

After stewing on it, I did think it was incredibly dumb to have Arya be the savior. The white walkers have never been a part of her story until the last couple of episodes. Hell, it would have been better if Bran had stabbed the Night King from his wheelchair.
CypressAg09
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

CypressAg09 said:

I personally would prefer Jamie to kill Cersie.

Hoping for that payoff
That would be cool too! Maybe he'll push her out a window!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

Imagine if in the timespan of building Thanos up for ten years.

Captain Marvel just teleports behind the army and stabs him in the back and saves the day and everyone lives and smiles and happy.

Captain Marvel showed up one movie ago. Arya was in Season 1, Episode 1.

More like Iron Man.
reb,
AG
i may be one of the few that thought the whole darkness and summoning of the blizzard was the point of all this. The NK has elemental powers that he used to his benefit to create hellish conditions for the living to fight in, creating a dizzying fog of war that at points even neutralized the dragons. It was supposed to be frustrating.

the undead army was never going to be defeated in normal combat, the whole plan was to cleverly kill the NK and pray that a miracle happens. It was just how they did the surprise kill (arya jumpin out of no where) that was weird. I was sort of hoping of some dialogue/communication of some sort between the NK and 3ER once they were face to face, too.
Pignorant
AG
I think it's important to point out the Night King is a show invention and not in the books (yet).

CypressAg09
AG
tk for tu juan said:

CypressAg09 said:

Looked like she jumped from the roof to me...
I guess that's possible, but isn't that tree in the middle of the godwood. You see Theon and the gang shooting arrows in a big circle around it. Not sure what roof would be close enough. Guess she could've been hiding in a tree or something.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Silvertaps
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Biggest letdown for me was the dragon fighting and Jon or Dany not doing something heroic during the battle. They didn't really do anything.

Bran warging the entire time was weird.

Ghost ghosting again was a fail.

Also Melisandre didn't really do anything other than give Arya a pep talk.

But again, not complaining! EPIC TV for America!

Watch the "Inside the episode" for this particular one. They explain they didn't want the predictable hero's to kill the NK (John Snow, etc).

I took the Bran warging as attracting the NK to him. The NK reached out to him when the crows arrived...he then knew where to find Bran.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Silvertaps
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

If I had to explain Arya getting by everyone I'd point to two ideas:

Either Bran was warging in some way into the dead that let her by.

Or the Night King was so focused on finally having his moment after hundreds of years that he let down his guard for just a second while controlling the dead around him.

Either way, you guys suspend disbelief for a lot of non-nonsensical things in this show. Don't let something as meaningless as "how did she get by everyone" ruin the moment for you.

Before Aria appears, you see a WW turn it's head...which I believe is Aria disguised.
reb,
AG
were you people this pist off when frodo decided to keep the ring at the last second and it was gollum who ended up ironically destroying the ring?

because the whole trilogy was building up to frodo doing it
AustinAg2K
MW03 said:

AustinAg2K said:

I was really disappointed. There were good moments, but too many obvious issues.

Dany and Jon were pretty much worthless on their dragons. The dead were lined up in rows for easy pickings.

Also, I don't understand why sometimes dragon glass just kills the dead, and other times it turns them to dust. It very clearly turned the giant to dust. Why didn't it do that to all the other dead who just raised up later?

Seriously, Tyrion didn't have a plan for when the dead come alive in the crypts? It was painfully obvious that was going to happen. No one bothered to give anyone down there a dragon glass weapon (except one dagger). I feel like the writers thought they were being clever by waking up the dead, but pretty much everyone who watches the show saw it coming.

Not a single battle between a White Walker and someone with Valaryian Steel? Really? What was the point of making sure all the best fighters had VS weapon?

Biggest complaint though is Arya killing the Night King. For eight seasons they've been building up to a Jon vs. Night King fight that never happens. Arya has never been involved in the White Walker story line. For eight years, she has only cared about getting revenge on those who wronged her family. The writers obviously felt like they had to put in a twist, but it makes no sense. It would have been much better to have an epic battle between Jon and the Night King (I would have liked to see them fight in a ring of dragon fire as Dany burns everything around them to keep the dead/other WW from joining). Then if you want to give Arya a big kill, give her Cercei. That's who she cares most about killing. I find it hard to believe GRRM is planning for Arya to take down the Night King.

This one felt like typical Hollywood writing. There were some great scenes, but no really unexpected deaths. In fact, I'm not sure I would consider any death to be a major loss.

Seems to me the most predicable "Hollywood writing" would have been to have Jon fight the Night King and end up killing him in hand to hand combat.
Not all surprises are good writing. If they wanted to throw in a surprise no one saw coming, they should have just had Robin show up from the Vale and stab the Night King with a dragon glass tit.
combat wombat™
AG
Did Gilly and little Sam bite it in the crypt? It looked to me like Gilly was a goner.
gigemJTH12
AG
I thought that was the Night King instructing the dead to lay on the fire
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.