****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,674 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigTimeAlum said:

Ok, I've processed. This was a disaster. I mean it was OK, but given the build, what a fricken let down. You've been building a story for years. Pay it the hell off. Kudos to the Russo's for End Game. This was bad.

The dragons.... meaningless. Jon R+L=J, meaningless. Pay off Ghost and the dire wolves who were threaded in the story since episode 1... Give Ghost a late come back with a howl and Nimeria charging in with all the wolves of Westoros. The internet would have melted.

Dothraki crossing the narrow sea? Meaningless. Aria??! She could have killed the NK 5 ways better. At least let some of the main characters run through the whites and actually fight White Walkers. Not one single WW fight? Horrible.

The Song of Ice and Fire is a Cerci Lannister story. Boo.....
R+L=J?? That never had **** to do with killing the night king. Arya? Please name one way she could have killed the NK better. And the dragons were meaningless? How do the dead ever cross the wall without dragons?Also, why do y'all care so much about these two dire wolves making some triumphant display? They're literally just big dogs, did you want them to swallow the Night King whole?
TyHolden
AG
Urban Ag said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I get the sense the Golden Company is going to become the Melted Gold Company
yeah so this. Dothraki were decimated. Seems most of the Unsullied were as well. KotV as well. Not too many left. But two full grown dragons and whatever they can pull together still gives Dany/The 'Noth the upper hand iMO.

I still think the GC bails on them and Cersei hits ultra level BSC desperation mode and wants to firebomb the city.

that artillery could have been useful against the WWs...i think she'll burn for it.
suburban cowboy
AG
Biggest letdown for me was the dragon fighting and Jon or Dany not doing something heroic during the battle. They didn't really do anything.

Bran warging the entire time was weird.

Ghost ghosting again was a fail.

Also Melisandre didn't really do anything other than give Arya a pep talk.

But again, not complaining! EPIC TV for America!
Engine10
AG
There's still plenty of room for the Dire Wolves to make an impact - ripping Cersei's head off between Nymeria and Ghost comes to mind.
Urban Ag
AG
This is what is so great about the complexity of GOT.

I never once thought Arya would be the one to punch the NK's ticket. I thought it would be Jon or Dany. I was right that Jorah would die defending Dany but I thought she would life up a Valyrian steel blade and become AA as a result. Wrong. Dunce.

But again the complexity. Arya's story in the books and to a lesser extent the show, is a bit on the boring side. But damn it works that she suffered so much, went to Braavos and trained as a faceless man, and ultimately becomes the most deadly asset at WF and delivers the death blow.

Bravo. I am so happy to be wrong. F yeah.
The Dog Lord
AG
C@LAg said:

PatAg said:

Quote:

Cleganebowl HAS to happen in some way

after the scene in S07E07, there is NO WAY it does not happen.

I can't imagine it not happening either because of the build up, but if you had told me not a single WW would fight in the BoW (NK killing Theon doesn't count), I wouldn't have believed you.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
saltydog13
AG
Who is left on Arya's list outside of Cersei?
Urban Ag
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Biggest letdown for me was the dragon fighting and Jon or Dany not doing something heroic during the battle. They didn't really do anything.

Bran warging the entire time was weird.

Ghost ghosting again was a fail.

Also Melisandre didn't really do anything other than give Arya a pep talk.

But again, not complaining! EPIC TV for America!
that's not complaining?

Jesus is this my wife's account?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

PatAg said:

So whatever we all thought of that episode...here's whats left

Bronn vs Brothers Lannister

North vs Cersei, Greyjoy navy, and the mercanaries

What do Dany and Jon do now, as well as Sansa and the North

Who actually survived

Ghost and dragons all alive?
Howland Reed

Cleganebowl
I know some of us joke back and forth, but I will be disappointed if Reed doesn't show up.

I really hope Martin is able to finish his books, because he is an immensely better story teller
You're going to be disappointed. As someone who hasn't read the books I would give a huge "why is this guy here" if a man who was mentioned maybe twice in the entire show suddenly gets screen time for anything significant.
PatAg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

PatAg said:

Who actually survived

Howland Reed

Cleganebowl
I know some of us joke back and forth, but I will be disappointed if Reed doesn't show up.

I really hope Martin is able to finish his books, because he is an immensely better story teller
Howland reed is not showing up
Why are you the way you are
BenFiasco14
AG
saltydog13 said:

Ilyn Payne, the hound too technically
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
saltydog13
AG
Yeah I figured the hound is off the list now. Wonder if they'll have her kill Cersei as well
MBAR
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite scenes

You're kind of a dick for this post as it has the potential to spoil things for people that are not GoT.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

Is the NK really dead? Is it possible that he warged into Bran at the end?
Eh... some of you guys just can't help but overthink everything.
Humorous Username
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

saltydog13 said:

The Mountain?
wangus12
AG

Cocaine is a helluva drug
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Phat32
AG
That episode was ****ing amazing. Arya FTMFW!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
cbr said:

I can't believe people are *****ing.

Fog of war. It was all hopeless anyway. Dragons and Jon/danaeris can't see, worried about freaking Spears, basically taken out of the fight by nk tactics. Smart. They did their best, didn't affect the outcome much, so be it. They tried.

Everybody had to fight and die to make the nk think he'd won and gloat. It was all on getting someone to sneak up on him.

Ultimately it worked.

Really enjoyable episode.
Don't tell anyone it was night time either. It might break their brains.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

PatAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

PatAg said:

Who actually survived

Howland Reed

Cleganebowl

You're going to be disappointed. As someone who hasn't read the books I would give a huge "why is this guy here" if a man who was mentioned maybe twice in the entire show suddenly gets screen time for anything significant.
Except if I was someone who only watched the shows, and I was thinking of ways they could legitimize Jon's story, I might think back to the 3 eyed raven specifically saying in the flashback"that's Howland Reed, the father of the two that went beyond the wall with you. Remember how one of them just sacrificed themselves for you?"

at this point its obviously not likely he will, I'm just saying he should have.
Dro07
AG
Delete your quote of his quote so you don't quote it.
MBAR
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MBAR said:

MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite scenes

You're kind of a dick for this post as it has the potential to spoil things for people that are not GoT.
Everything I wrote is completely made up. Look in the mirror if you want to see the "kind of a dick"
I know thats not what happens in this episode, but you know where you got that from and its not that hard to connect it. Its not funny, it might spoil **** for someone so why post it? Just delete it instead of being an *******.
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MBAR said:

MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite scenes

Everything I wrote is completely made up. Look in the mirror if you want to see the "kind of a dick"
He said for things that are NOT GoT.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AustinAg2K
I was really disappointed. There were good moments, but too many obvious issues.

Dany and Jon were pretty much worthless on their dragons. The dead were lined up in rows for easy pickings.

Also, I don't understand why sometimes dragon glass just kills the dead, and other times it turns them to dust. It very clearly turned the giant to dust. Why didn't it do that to all the other dead who just raised up later?

Seriously, Tyrion didn't have a plan for when the dead come alive in the crypts? It was painfully obvious that was going to happen. No one bothered to give anyone down there a dragon glass weapon (except one dagger). I feel like the writers thought they were being clever by waking up the dead, but pretty much everyone who watches the show saw it coming.

Not a single battle between a White Walker and someone with Valaryian Steel? Really? What was the point of making sure all the best fighters had VS weapon?

Biggest complaint though is Arya killing the Night King. For eight seasons they've been building up to a Jon vs. Night King fight that never happens. Arya has never been involved in the White Walker story line. For eight years, she has only cared about getting revenge on those who wronged her family. The writers obviously felt like they had to put in a twist, but it makes no sense. It would have been much better to have an epic battle between Jon and the Night King (I would have liked to see them fight in a ring of dragon fire as Dany burns everything around them to keep the dead/other WW from joining). Then if you want to give Arya a big kill, give her Cercei. That's who she cares most about killing. I find it hard to believe GRRM is planning for Arya to take down the Night King.

This one felt like typical Hollywood writing. There were some great scenes, but no really unexpected deaths. In fact, I'm not sure I would consider any death to be a major loss.
Dro07
AG
Dammit!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
MBAR said:

MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite scenes

If that spoils anything for you, then it's probably something you've already seen...
wangus12
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

saltydog13 said:

Well the Hound is off the list and Ilyn Payne's actor past away from cancer several years ago and they've left him out of the show
PatAg
AG
I still thought it was a decent episode, but I agree with your final statement.
Phat32
AG
I'm a fly-by-night GoT fan. There is one thing I'm not fully versed on:

Why does the NK want so badly to kill the Three Eyed Raven (in this case, Bran)?
Cromagnum
AG
C@LAg said:

Urban Ag said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I get the sense the Golden Company is going to become the Melted Gold Company
yeah so this. Dothraki were decimated. Seems most of the Unsullied were as well. KotV as well. Not too many left. But two full grown dragons and whatever they can pull together still gives Dany/The 'Noth the upper hand iMO.

I still think the GC bails on them and Cersei hits ultra level BSC desperation mode and wants to firebomb the city.

they have the scorpion in KL. At least one dragon is going down via that route.
but I agree, the likely story play is the GC turning on Cersei.

No they don't. Daenerys and Drogon took care of it when the Lannisters were marching back from wiping out the Tyrells. Drogon was even shot by it before he nuked it from orbit, just to be sure.
First Page Last Page
Page 172 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.