****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,338 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Team Bass Tard holds off .5 Snow zombies
2. Cersei (who actually comes herself) and Co. comes in last minute to Winterfell to finish off whites and intends to finish off weakened North.
3. Cersei's all, "suck on these or die"
4. meanwhile NK either sacks KL or cuts off Cersei's group, million deadman march begins up north
5. Cersei then has an oh-sheet moment and has to spare the north
6. Remaining north hole up in Vale only to surrounded by remaining whites
7. Time travel bran plan in effect.
FTAG 2000
AG
bonfarr said:

I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
The other big battle episode is Ep.5 (Sapochnik directing), but otherwise a good theory.
aTmAg
AG
jenn96 said:

aTmAg said:

Can the NK fly to KL when it's not wintery enough there yet?
I think he brings winter with him.
I was thinking otherwise. Because then "winter is coming" (or seasons in general) doesn't mean much. It could come at any time the NK desired.
CFTXAG10
AG
FIDO95 said:

redline248 said:

Can anyone convince me why Tyrion would learn some groundbreaking info from Bran and go get drunk by the fire instead of rushing to tell Dany or Jon?

I'll play devils advocate: maybe he doesn't understand what he was told. i.e. Bran didn't understand what he saw at the ToJ and Sam didn't fully understand what he read at the Citadel until they merged the story. Perhaps Tyrion will witness something soon that will help him connect the dots.
This. He also said during the fireside get-together "I think we might live". Now, it was clarified that it had to do with their longevity through numerous battles, but maybe he is optimistic for other reasons.

Side note: I have never been this invested in trying to guess how a tv show is going to end. A lot of fun.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FIDO95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good stuff, but why does she keep saying "Ser Brianne"?

I suspect it is because now she is a knight and that is the title given. Male in our world but maybe gender neutral in Westros. Kind of like "prince" in Valyrian can be prince or princess in regards to PtwP.

Or maybe it needs to be worked out since she is the first female knight. I'm just glad they are more focused on real problems instead of being SJWs. Wish we could say the same for our world!?
To be clear in case this wasn't sarcastic - I mean her pronunciation of Brienne as Brianne.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

For non-GoT fans, I can see where having 3 characters named Bran, Bronn, and Brienne would be weird.

Not to mention: Rickon, Dickon
And also Biggus D*ckus. I have a very good friend in Rome named 'Biggus D*ckus.'
double aught
AG
Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited.
chipotle
I've been to one CVS, two walmarts and an HEB and I can't find GoT oreos.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught said:

Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited.
I am getting more and more excited and it's just overwhelming all of my mental power at times.

I have to try to get into the Avengers mindset by tomorrow night. I'll have to watch Infinity War tonight.

But after Thursday night, it's back to GoT.
Rex Racer
AG
aTmAg said:

To me, Bran's plan is way too obvious. Surely the NK would ask himself, "why the hell is Bran just sitting there by the tree when a battle is going on?"
The other 3-eyed Raven just sat there and let the NK cut him in half, so why not Bran?
double aught
AG
chipotle said:

I see them everytime I go to Target. It's getting harder to resist them.
CFTXAG10
AG
They wont go two full episodes (last week and this week) with no Cersei action will they?
jtstanley4621
AG
double aught said:

chipotle said:

Having to balance the idea of having a limited time thing versus likely eating the entire oreo pack by myself is a struggle.
StringerBell
AG
pls dont make fun of me

im on board with the nk to kl theory

we've got two battles left

nk vs winterfell/kl

winner of that battle vs winterfell/kl

to me the battle for the 7 kingdoms has taken a backseat to to the battle vs the dead.

it seems awfully anticlimatic for them to follow up an epic battle vs the night king to finishing off with battling cersei who seems like a bit of an afterthought right now

also think it would be a huge GRRM trademarked kick in the balls to have winterfell beat the night king (or vice versa) only to have them lose to cersei. i cant see hbo doing that.

these are my conspiracy theories.

G Martin 87
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

double aught said:

chipotle said:

Having to balance the idea of having a limited time thing versus likely eating the entire oreo pack by myself is a struggle.
Having a similar struggle with my bottle of House Stark Dalwhinnie scotch.
bonfarr
AG
AG 2000' said:

bonfarr said:

I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
The other big battle episode is Ep.5 (Sapochnik directing), but otherwise a good theory.

Perhaps what is left of the armies defending Winterfell regroups with reinforcements and make a stand in the Neck either at the Twins or Moat Cailin to halt the NK army's March North and that buys the Bran/Tyrion/Sam braintrust more time to plan and prepare like the Alamo did for Sam Houston.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
smokeythebear
AG
holy cow, I'm gone for a long weekend and this thread jumped 40 pages since Friday! How in the world am I supposed to get caught up?!?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AG 2000' said:

bonfarr said:

There is no reason to think that is due to there being a big battle in that episode. There might be or there might not be. We don't know. There has been no public discussion of other big battles - although they could be keeping it under wraps of course.

I've posted here before but Sapochnik has directed episodes that contained no battles at all namely The Gift S5E7 and The Winds of winter S6E10.

They ALWAYS assign directors to multiple episodes in a season although not always sequential episodes. Never just one (except the finale and a couple of others when D&D have taken it themselves to direct). It is mostly for logistical purposes of the casts and crews and sets in use and they make the most of it by doing 2 episodes at a time basically with the same director.

And Sapochnik has done the BoB of course but his other battle episode Hardhome was not that big of a battle - maybe 12 minutes total. I think it's possible there is another smaller scale battle in KL but it may not be that episode - but based on the logistics of reusing sets, crew, etc. his other episode probably does not involve KL because BOW does not (as far as we know).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
chipotle said:

mine were from Kroger - saw them again yesterday
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

FIDO95 said:

redline248 said:

Can anyone convince me why Tyrion would learn some groundbreaking info from Bran and go get drunk by the fire instead of rushing to tell Dany or Jon?

I'll play devils advocate: maybe he doesn't understand what he was told. i.e. Bran didn't understand what he saw at the ToJ and Sam didn't fully understand what he read at the Citadel until they merged the story. Perhaps Tyrion will witness something soon that will help him connect the dots.
This. He also said during the fireside get-together "I think we might live". Now, it was clarified that it had to do with their longevity through numerous battles, but maybe he is optimistic for other reasons.

Side note: I have never been this invested in trying to guess how a tv show is going to end. A lot of fun.

the LAST time I was this invested was LOST.... and I swore never again. but here I am.

If this ends in purgatory or a dream or a snowglobe or in Sam's mind I'll never watch another GD show. (I'm ok if Sam is writing a book after in an Epilogue).

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
smokeythebear said:

holy cow, I'm gone for a long weekend and this thread jumped 40 pages since Friday! How in the world am I supposed to get caught up?!?
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

If this ends in purgatory or a dream or a snowglobe or in Sam's mind I'll never watch another GD show. (I'm ok if Sam is writing a book after in an Epilogue).
That would be perfect. Maybe even more so if Bran dies. Sam is at The Citadel recording the history that the Night King tried to erase.
bobinator
AG
I keep trying to go galaxy brain and think of something completely out of left field that's possible for this week.
JDUB08AG
AG
bobinator said:

I keep trying to go galaxy brain and think of something completely out of left field that's possible for this week.
This is where I'm just comfortably sitting while all these theories get thrown out. Nothing in particular, just that some WTF moment is about to happen.
tk for tu juan
bobinator said:

Melisandre, sans necklace, trying to shack up with the Night King to get his blood
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw a good comment on reddit that hit me in the feels.

The ultimate savior of Westeros will end up being Ned Stark, with the way he raised his children.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This thread lately...
double aught
AG
I'm so over fan theories about everything, particularly how they're presented as valid articles on websites.
bonfarr
AG
This reminds me of the rabbit hole of fan theories during True Detective S1, none of which was anywhere close to what happened.

People saw symbolism and foreshadowing in everything and it really just ended up pretty straight forward.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bonfarr said:

Episode IV said:

Question about the Golden Company - the originator(s) are descended of the Blackfyres (legitimized *******s of Targs, wielding Blackfyre the Valerian Sword of Aegon Targaryen which was given to the a Blackfyre (sparking their claim and the Blackfyre rebellions)) and other houses banished during the rebellions.

1. Isn't it in their charter to support Blackfyres / Targaryens over other houses?

2. Their goal has ultimately been reunification and reclamation of their ancestral lands in Westeros (the descendants at least) a could they not be enticed by Dany to join her cause by her granting them their titles and lands and castles back?
They have also never broken a contract, siding with Dany would break the contract they agreed to with Cersei so it doesn't seem fitting.
False... That may have been their pride and joy for their 1st 80 years or so, but...

Quote:

The Golden Company is first mentioned in the fourth novel. It is repeatedly rumored that the company has broken its contract with Myr; as strange as it sounds, despite the company's reputation, it turns to be correct, but no one knows for sure the reason.
Quote:

A Feast for Crows

The Golden Company breaks its contract with the Free City of Myr, despite looming war with neighboring Lys and Tyrosh. According to sailors in King's Landing, they are making for Volantis.
In Dorne, Princess Arianne Martell tells Ser Arys Oakheart that the Golden Company has broken its contract with Myr. She uses this information in her attempt to convince him to help with her scheme to crown Princess Myrcella Baratheon as Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men.
During Queen Regent Cersei Lannister's small council meeting, Aurane Waters reveals that the Golden Company has broken its contract with Myr. He has heard many men say that Stannis Baratheon has hired them and is bringing them across the narrow sea. Cersei then tells the council that Qyburn heard from a Myrish galley that the Golden Company are making their way to Volantis, so if they mean to cross to Westeros they are marching the wrong way.

A Dance with Dragons

Before the Golden Company broke their contract, the Yunkish attempted to contract the Golden Company for their campaign on Slaver's Bay. An envoy offered twice what Myr was paying them, plus a slave for every man in the company, ten for every officer, and a hundred choice maidens for the commander, Harry Strickland. Harry told the envoy he would think on his proposal; he thought a blunt refusal might have been unwise as his men would think he had taken leave of his wits.
and for the 2nd part:
Quote:

Tyrion: How did you convince the Golden Company to take up the cause of our sweet queen when they have spent so much of their history fighting against the Targaryens?

Illyrio: Black or red, a dragon is still a dragon. When Maelys the Monstrous died upon the Stepstones, it was the end of the male line of House Blackfyre. And Daenerys will give the exiles what Bittersteel and the Blackfyres never could. She will take them home.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Howland Reed is at Greywater Watch (near Moat Cailin), which is on the way from Winterfell to King's Landing.
AggieZoom
AG
BEFORE I FORGET,
Dany stated dragons (by extension Targs) can't be killed by fire, SOOO Dany, Jon and the three dragons (including the one resurrected by the NK) cannot hurt each other with fire, in a sense.
so the only way the dragons can die is by spear or dragon glass.
just something to keep an open mind to for Dead Pool predictions.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How about a dragonglass spearhead through the eyeball?

Looking at you, Arya.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
chris1515 said:

I'm hoping the NightKing shows up in the godswood and walks up to Bran in his wheelchair, and Bran starts mumbling something, and as he comes close to listen, Bran starts furiously ringing a bell, and then boom...a barrel of wildfire that is strapped under his wheelchair explodes.
The night king lays on the ground with half his face and body blown apart as Jaime steps out from behind a tree and crouches over the night king.

Jaime: "Say My Name"

The Night King whispers "KingSlayer"

Jaime: "You're ******* right"

*Stabs him in the head with dragonglass*
First Page Last Page
Page 143 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.