****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,498 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag said:

tk for tu juan said:

IMDB added an actor to the cast list that has a higher billing than the usual cast members it lists prior to each show...
Elton John will be performing at the Jon/Dany wedding?
He'll be singing a beautiful song about death!

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Scientific said:

In the show, incest hasn't exactly just been ok. Its still frowned upon. When Jon got the word, you can tell he was absorbing everything in. His Stark line, means everything to him. Dany, didn't question the status of their relationship. Her first thought was Jon's right to the crown.

There's no question who is the more virtuous of the two.

I'm not arguing that nor do I care who is more virtuous.... just pointing out why she doesn't care about him being her nephew. you seemed to be questioning her motivation but that part would not have phased her at all. She also never lived in Westeros until like 2 weeks ago (except a brief period as a baby before she went into exile).

It may be frowned upon in Westeros but Targs don't care. Never have. The last King prior to the events of this show was married to his sister and nobody challenged it. They had ruled for 300 years with plenty of incest throughout.

FIDO95
AG

I can't get enough of this stuff. I don't know about the rest of you, but this has been an incredibly unproductive week at work. The only positive about this season only being 6 episodes is that I might be able to hang on to my job for that legnth of time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
...yep.... well i work from home and own my own business so..... i get to do what i want (now ya'll know why i'm on here all the time. literally). but thankfully i do. I can't imagine trying to ignore this and work in an office right now.
redline248
AG
Can anyone convince me why Tyrion would learn some groundbreaking info from Bran and go get drunk by the fire instead of rushing to tell Dany or Jon?
tk for tu juan
I think the Golden Company is actually there to take out Cersei for the Iron Bank. Either that or the Iron Bank wants to destroy the Golden Company so someone they back has free reign in Essos after everyone is obliterated in Westeros. Will we be left hanging on what happens to Essos? Series finale shot of Night King crossing the narrow sea on zombie Euron's boats? Is it Sunday yet?

EDIT: i should have read earlier in the thread, points already made
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Can anyone convince me why Tyrion would learn some groundbreaking info from Bran and go get drunk by the fire instead of rushing to tell Dany or Jon?

He wouldn't... and he didn't. that convo with Bran lasted all of 10 minutes tops before Tyrion decided he was a weird dude and bailed. That's why 2 scenes later we see Tyrion at the fire with Jamie. Almost nothing occurred in between just Jorah/Lady Mormont/Sam convo and then Missande/Grey Worm planning a vacation and making out.
redline248
AG
My point, exactly!
ja86
AG
I believe that the gold company is just a mercenary company in the show. There is no time for a back story.

It is another throw back to the books as a toss to the book readers.
redline248
AG
In regards to the Golden Company: someone will remember better, but didn't they break their first contract in the books to go support the fake Aegon? It's possible they end up turning on Cersei when Dany or Jon (as a true Aegon) show up.

Although, as posted earlier, without any of that background info, they could just be a typical mercenary group.
cbr
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Urban Ag said:

MuckRaker96 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Interesting take from the guy on Oysters podcast. Not Ross the other guy.

He said he thinks this whole Dany villain thing is a red herring and that she will be loved again by the viewers very soon. He said no way they spent 7 seasons having her free slaves, travel all this way, come help the north, just to be a hated *****. Bc right now I don't think anyone is that big of a fan of her. And most are kinda hoping she dies.

I kind of buy into this. Her downfall has been too hard and too fast. I can for sure see that being a plot diversion just to throw us off, and she redeems herself this week or next.
Dany's downfall is as long as the series
How about the time she made a business deal, then didn't actually pay and instead had her dragons burn everyone to a crisp? Sure, the slavers were jerks, but if they had backstabbed her and killed her instead, wouldn't you have cried foul?

If your brother was a huge a-hole, but then you saw your husband was about to kill him, wouldn't you say, ya know, he is family, does he deserve to die by having his face melted off? Can't we just banish him? Nope, I'll watch him burn and make a ha-ha about it.

The Tarlys fought with honor and as commanded on the side opposite Dany. She should have used them as political prisoners. Instead she burned their faces off and turned them into soot. Seems like there was another Targ who liked to burn people alive when they didn't agree with him.

You know she's not a classic villain, but she is a character with an objective that has never changed over time. Sitting on the Iron Throne by any means necessary. You get in her way, she removes you. She's done that since the day she smothered Khal Drogo's mentally dead handsome face and burned that witch alive. All we're seeing now is several really popular characters coming together at loggerheads. Jon wants to do the honorable thing (and get laid), Sansa wants to protect her family and the North, and Dany wants to rule (and get laid) -

Jon's birthright throws a huge monkey wrench in her plan. Although it's still just on the words of the law firm of Fat and Crazy. No way she gives up her right to the throne for love though. That's not who she is.
In defense of Dany...

The slavers in Astapor were absolutely terrible people and Kraznys talked sh** to her not knowing she speaks High Valyrian. The book goes further in to her disgust of slavery than the show does. Regardless, who cares of the slave masters got theirs for all the evil they inflicted on the innocent? They deserved to die.

In regards to Viserys, he abused the crap out of her since she was a child. He signed off on her forced marriage for his desires to retake Westeros, not hers. And he even told her the entire Dothraki khlasar could bang her for all he cared as long as he gets the Iron Throne. Not to mention he was generally a little beeotch to everyone. Oh and Drogo killed him, not Dany. And Dany wasn't in much of a position to do squat about it.

As for the Tarly's, they were given every opportunity to bend the knee. And Randyl was as inconsistent in his honor and loyalty as anyone else. He also threatened to kill his own son, Sam, if he didn't take the black, to negate any claims he may have on his estate. Plus Dany didn't torture them with fire ala the Mad King. They were dead in seconds. And Dickon (huh huh) only died to make some statement about family honor.

And......she has taken a major change of course from pursuing the Iron Throne. Her army and dragons would have completely rolled Kings Landing last season had she given the order. Instead she went north fully knowing she may die in the process.

I still thoroughly contend all of this is misdirection and although Dany will be conflicted with her struggle for power she will ultimately do the right thing in the end. And yes, if she survives the BoW, deposing Cersei is the right thing to do.

Lastly, she is so damn fine I don't care.

Damn you nailed it - I felt like responding but did not have the energy (I'm resting for the battle). Bravo.

She has not just killed indiscriminately and usually they deserved it - but the people are rightfully wary too.

But yeah she even said it when talking to Sansa that she was here for Jon because she loved him. If she just wanted the iron throne she could have done that already. She was a little taken aback by Sansa's statement about the north remaining independent - when the king in the north already bent the knee. But it was left unanswered - we shall see.

And when she talked to jon and he revealed he was Aegon she was of course shocked - but she rallied and was looking to HIM for an answer at the end there - hoping he would marry her I think and then they rule together and the split claim is a moot point..... but the buzzer (horn) sounded and that meant it was time for the game to begin. But notice they went off together and still looking at each other determined in the fight.

All i know is if im jon, sam, and the other dude that knows, and i guess bran (creepy sage kid?) im keeping one eye on those dragons.
cbr
AG
My other thought is that bankers rule the world, unless the night king wins. Therefore i think they have a big surprise part to play. That said, it would be the ****tiest, most true to life...ahem... i mean cynical show ending ever to have all the heroes die and some banking cabal put their stooge on the throne.
OnlyForNow
AG
Ya but they made a point of saying this. I think there is a reason for that. It'll happen that this is the first contract they break, they break it for blood.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
redline248 said:

Maybe he doesn't know what he knows yet. He sees it from on high as the **** hits the fan?
cbr
AG
Final comment for the day; is danaeris hollywoods all time queen of the dramatic entrance?

I mean - bare naked lady slave queen
Firewalking dragon mama
Slave freeing conqueror *****
Dragon riding aerobatic flamethrower.

That chick REALLY knows how to make an entrance.
Liquid Wrench
cbr said:

My other thought is that bankers rule the world, unless the night king wins. Therefore i think they have a big surprise part to play. That said, it would be the ****tiest, most true to life...ahem... i mean cynical show ending ever to have all the heroes die and some banking cabal put their stooge on the throne.
That's why I wonder if we ever see Daario Naharis or the faceless men or anyone in Essos again.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
redline248 said:

Exactly... I felt like if Bran had actually told him anything important Tyrion should have at least looked like he heard something important two scenes later. All they had to do was give Tyrion a line about something being said in that conversation and I'd be fine with it.
gigemJTH12
AG
This scene at the end with Pod singing and the different characters all being shown saying goodbyes and contemplating death...this **** was chilling and beautiful. I could watch this 100 times.

Gill Sam and Sam jr laying there makes me want to cry like a damn baby

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good stuff, but why does she keep saying "Ser Brianne"?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For non-GoT fans, I can see where having 3 characters named Bran, Bronn, and Brienne would be weird.

Not to mention: Rickon, Dickon
aTmAg
AG
To me, Bran's plan is way too obvious. Surely the NK would ask himself, "why the hell is Bran just sitting there by the tree when a battle is going on?"
redline248
AG
That's a fair question. Perhaps the NK doesn't really think about anything other than kill the living, kill the 3ER. Or perhaps he's super confident that he can't be stopped.
Urban Ag
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

What I can't wrap my head around:

You have all this Winterfell defense prep going on putting dragon glass on every surface, getting great balls of fire ready to fling all over. You have most of the valyerian steel in the kingdom floating around. If they can't defend it and get overrun, how is the gold company going to do any better with all the dragon glass back in the north? They might have significant numbers, but the NK would then have even MORE numbers out of the winterfell souls.

Battle likely has to end at wintefell and the finishing episodes are dealing with Cersi.

But it's HBO so maybe the Ents will come in and save the day.
Yeah I agree that the mostly likely scenario in this case is the most obvious. They're defending a fixed position and will be attacked from all sides. There's no escape. It's all or nothing. And even if they did somehow flee Winterfell, as everyone has already pointed out, that just means the NK's army doubles in size.

It's gotta end at Winterfell.
tk for tu juan
May be Bran is going for the risky play of trying to connect present day Night King with the day he was created while connected to his tree DVR system. Is it Sunday yet?

This series better not have a St Elsewhere ending, just a kid and a GoT snow globe
bonfarr
AG
I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
WestAustinAg
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Edit to say that Urban Ag basically made the same points above.

Did she screw someone over on a business deal? Yes, but they were murderers and slavers that insulted her at each step of the deal. In terms of her "badness" this ranks pretty low. She also gave the other masters chances to avoid death when she began ruling Meereen.

Her brother wasn't just an a-hole either. He was threatening to kill her and her unborn child. He also mentioned in the past that he'd let all 40,000 of Drogo's men and their horses rape her to get his throne back. A blood tie wouldn't be the main thing on my mind if someone said that **** to me. Also, I doubt banishing him would do much besides make him even more desperate (and likely vengeful).

The Tarlys fought with honor, but Randyll Tarly is a cruel ******* that was going to kill his son if he didn't take the black. They also had the choice to bend the knee which probably wouldn't be an option if Dany was going full-on Mad Queen. The main issue that I think others had with this situation was that she burned them rather than behead them. They were probably dead almost instantly though. Also, as Sansa said last season, "so there's no punishment for treason and no reward for loyalty?"

Based on GRRM's approach, I wouldn't be surprised if Dany became a villain at the end, but I just don't think it's likely. I agree with others that there is likely a peaceful resolution to the Jon-Dany conflict (or a death that makes it moot).
Why do you care so much? Being Dany's defense lawyer isn't going to mean a thing. The show is here for entertainment. They play with people's emotions..they want us to dislike her now.
WestAustinAg
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

redline248 said:

Exactly... I felt like if Bran had actually told him anything important Tyrion should have at least looked like he heard something important two scenes later. All they had to do was give Tyrion a line about something being said in that conversation and I'd be fine with it.
He drank first...then found Bran....i'm pretty certain he has found some info that will be used in ep 3.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

This. I don't really get why everyone thinks they had some meeting of the strategic minds.

Tyrion said something along the lines of "you've certainly taken a strange path". Bran responded "yes, stranger than most". Then Tyrion said he'd love to hear about it and pulled up a chair. I took that as Tyrion wanting to know what happened to Bran since he last saw him when he came back through Winterfell after visiting the Wall.
jenn96
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

redline248 said:

Maybe he doesn't know what he knows yet. He sees it from on high as the **** hits the fan?

This seems likely. Despite his losing streak Tyrion is really clever. He's not fighting so he can analyze the battle as it happens and he may realize the importance of something he learned from Bran in real time. Not saying that is what will happen - I'm flying totally blind here - but it makes sense. It's just as likely that he and Bran didn't talk about anything that matters.
FIDO95
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I suspect it is because now she is a knight and that is the title given. Male in our world but maybe gender neutral in Westros. Kind of like "prince" in Valyrian can be prince or princess in regards to PtwP.

Or maybe it needs to be worked out since she is the first female knight. I'm just glad they are more focused on real problems instead of being SJWs. Wish we could say the same for our world!?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
FIDO95 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I suspect it is because now she is a knight and that is the title given. Male in our world but maybe gender neutral in Westros. Kind of like "prince" in Valyrian can be prince or princess in regards to PtwP.

Or maybe it needs to be worked out since she is the first female knight. I'm just glad they are more focused on real problems instead of being SJWs. Wish we could say the same for our world!?
Idk man. The writers have certainly made even the smartest male characters really dumb and now all the female characters are the smart ones with all the power.
FIDO95
AG
redline248 said:

I'll play devils advocate: maybe he doesn't understand what he was told. i.e. Bran didn't understand what he saw at the ToJ and Sam didn't fully understand what he read at the Citadel until they merged the story. Perhaps Tyrion will witness something soon that will help him connect the dots.
Urban Ag
AG
bonfarr said:

I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
No
Nee
Ne
Niet
Nej
Non
Nein
Nem
Nie
Het
Leai
aTmAg
AG
Can the NK fly to KL when it's not wintery enough there yet?
jenn96
AG
aTmAg said:

Can the NK fly to KL when it's not wintery enough there yet?
I think he brings winter with him.
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.