****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,695 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So... I am going to be in Mexico for Episode 3 Live-Air... is HBO available in Mexico? Can I stream HBO Now (I have a subscription) from Mexico?
jtstanley4621
AG
Episode IV said:

So... I am going to be in Mexico for Episode 3 Live-Air... is HBO available in Mexico? Can I stream HBO Now (I have a subscription) from Mexico?
I would assume it would just depend on the quality of your internet connection, but I'm not totally sure.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
tk for tu juan said:

bobinator said:

I keep trying to go galaxy brain and think of something completely out of left field that's possible for this week.

Melisandre, sans necklace, trying to shack up with the Night King to get his blood

Does that include super freaky ice leeches?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
smokeythebear said:

holy cow, I'm gone for a long weekend and this thread jumped 40 pages since Friday! How in the world am I supposed to get caught up?!?
type Howland Reed in the search function and skip those 13 pages of nothing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Will the Night King speak at all?

If so, what will his voice sound like?

• Something like the Righwraiths in LOTR?
  • A low booming baritone?
  • A snarling rasp?
  • Generic English "Ned Stark" accent?
  • Deathly ill and weezy?
G Martin 87
AG
Episode IV said:

• A snarling rasp?
  • Deathly ill and weezy?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

smokeythebear said:

holy cow, I'm gone for a long weekend and this thread jumped 40 pages since Friday! How in the world am I supposed to get caught up?!?
type Howland Reed in the search function and skip those 13 pages of nothing.
Just bookmarking this post for later.
aggie93
AG
StringerBell said:

pls dont make fun of me

im on board with the nk to kl theory

we've got two battles left

nk vs winterfell/kl

winner of that battle vs winterfell/kl

to me the battle for the 7 kingdoms has taken a backseat to to the battle vs the dead.

it seems awfully anticlimatic for them to follow up an epic battle vs the night king to finishing off with battling cersei who seems like a bit of an afterthought right now

also think it would be a huge GRRM trademarked kick in the balls to have winterfell beat the night king (or vice versa) only to have them lose to cersei. i cant see hbo doing that.

these are my conspiracy theories.

This would be a major letdown imo and cheapen the show into a zombie movie. The zombie army honestly needs to be defeated along with the NK at Winterfell so they can finish out the rest of the storylines otherwise basically 95% of the show has been pointless. The only thing that could make me think otherwise is Cersei has been so smug about not caring about the WW's so it would be poetic to have them attack her. If the NK wins then really the whole show was really about zombies and that would be pretty lame honestly. So many great story arcs to finish instead of "the dead kill everyone".

I guess we will see.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
jenn96
AG
My two wild-ass ideas- they're not advanced enough to be theories - are:

- Somehow the Night King turns Cersei and she joins him
- Bran is actually in service to the Night King/Walkers and will betray Winterfell

I don't expect either one to happen, honestly. But I'm trying to think of what could be a total "oh ****" betrayal/realization and that's all I came up with.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Episode IV said:

• A snarling rasp?
  • Deathly ill and weezy?

how many heads would explode if the Night King busted this out, buuwwahahahahahahhaha! Thanks for the laughs
jenn96
AG
I also agree that the Night King winning the final battle -aka the Game ofThrones - would suck. Not because it's a sad ending but because it's crap storytelling. We spend 7 seasons watching these characters battle, love, and sacrifice and in the end they're defeated by a zombie king with no spoken dialogue and no motivation beyond "must kill humans." That's not a twist, it's just lame.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was thinking more Mike Tyson voice. "I was tho happy when Vitherion melted the wall; I didn't know if I wath ethtatic or ludicruth."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Episode IV said:

• A snarling rasp?
  • Deathly ill and weezy?

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
AggieZoom said:

BEFORE I FORGET,
Dany stated dragons (by extension Targs) can't be killed by fire, SOOO Dany, Jon and the three dragons (including the one resurrected by the NK) cannot hurt each other with fire, in a sense.
so the only way the dragons can die is by spear or dragon glass.
just something to keep an open mind to for Dead Pool predictions.
Fire cannot kill a dragon. Just because Jon is a Targ does not mean he's flame ******ant like Dany. In fact, Jon burned his hand in season one when he picked up a lantern and threw it at a wight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like an ice dragon might be vulnerable to dragonfire?

If all other wights and white walkers are, I figure the same would apply to a wight/white dragon?
bonfarr
AG
Episode IV said:

Yes but the broadcast will be in Espanol.
TomHagensWife
Do we know if there are any more Children of the Forest left or were the last ones seen with Bran, Meera and Hodor? Also is Kevan Lannister still around?

I'm an avid Texags reader but don't post much so thank you in advance.
redline248
AG
TomHagensWife said:

Do we know if there are any more Children of the Forest left or were the last ones seen with Bran, Meera and Hodor? Also is Kevan Lannister still around?

I think the last one died in that cave where Bran was

I think Kevan died in the Sept? Don't remember what happened to him in the show.
G Martin 87
AG
redline248 said:

TomHagensWife said:

I think the last one died in that cave where Bran was

I think Kevan died in the Sept? Don't remember what happened to him in the show.
Yes, Kevan died in the Sept.
WALTON LOADS!
AG
Yes, Kevan died when Cersei blew up the sept.
benchmark
AG
My pulled-out-of-thin-air surprise twist - Cersei has a hidden dragon ready to do battle!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
bonfarr said:

Episode IV said:

Dubbed, already? Or subtitled?
Jimmy McNulty
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Episode IV said:

• A snarling rasp?
  • Deathly ill and weezy?

bonfarr
AG
Episode IV said:

bonfarr said:

Episode IV said:

JK I have no idea though the idea of hearing a Spanish voice overdub for Hodor would be hilarious.
dcAg
Theory. The Night King is a very old Targaryen because:

1. He can ride a dragon or more importantly Ice Dragon lets him ride.
2. The strange symbols that the winter zombies leave. Abstractly they look like the house of Targaryen coat of arms.

When the children of the corn turned him into the Night King they never said who he was but that it happened a long, long time ago. Most likely it was an heir to the Iron Throne. Therefore, he supersedes anyone that is vying for the throne currently.

It appears that he is hauling Dragon ass down to Westeros and try to sit on the Throne and claim his right as King of the 7 Kingdoms. But first he must fight the Lannisters (and allies) armies. Cersi may flee to fight another day. The Army of the Dead will fight it out with Winterfell. When the Night King sits on the Throne the spell is cancelled and the army of the dead disappears.

Then everyone heads to Westeros and the Battle for the 7 Kingdoms begins.
wangus12
AG
Would you like to read the last 40 pages of this thread where this was all disproven
Rex Racer
AG
dcAg said:

2. The strange symbols that the winter zombies leave. Abstractly they look like the house of Targaryen coat of arms.

When the children of the corn turned him into the Night King they never said who he was but that it happened a long, long time ago. Most likely it was an heir to the Iron Throne. Therefore, he supersedes anyone that is vying for the throne currently.

It appears that he is hauling Dragon ass down to Westeros and try to sit on the Throne and claim his right as King of the 7 Kingdoms. But first he must fight the Lannisters (and allies) armies. Cersi may flee to fight another day. The Army of the Dead will fight it out with Winterfell. When the Night King sits on the Throne the spell is cancelled and the army of the dead disappears.

1. He can ride the dead dragon because he controls all wights. The dead dragon has no more free will than the other wights.
2. It doesn't look like the Targaryen sigil, other than it's round.

Night King was one of the First Men. There WAS no Iron Throne at that time.

He is already in Westeros, and always has been. I assume you meant Kings Landing. I don't believe he is going there for one second, and I don't get why this has become a widespread theory, because it makes no sense.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
dcAg said:

*We saw him created, and there were no Targaryen's in Westeros 8,000 years ago

He is controlling the dead dragon body; the Dragon doesn't decide anything

They are actually explained by D&D as copycats of the symbols used by the Children of the Forest

Nope
TomHagensWife
Thank y'all for answering my question!
Liquid Wrench
benchmark said:

My pulled-out-of-thin-air surprise twist - Cersei has a hidden dragon ready to do battle!
Would be funny because of her previous remarks about dragons, but I think she's had enough deus ex with Euron and the Golden Company showing up to do her bidding.
jenn96
AG
It's amazing how many "The Night King is a Targ" theories have been launched this week since the visual of the burning spiral actually did look a good deal like the Targaryen sigil. But the unburned version was obviously a spiral and echoed the spirals that the Walkers have been using all along. And the First Men, the Children and the Long Night pre-dated the Targaryans bu thousands of years.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dcAg said:

JC......

1. No
2. No

I know not everyone can read every post - except me apparently so I'll repeat.....

1. He more likely controls the dragon like warging, not flies the dragon per se
2. The symbols are based on Children of the Forest symbols and the NK is mocking them (producers have said this).

And Targaryens only came to Westeros 300 years ago..... the COTF created the NK about 8000 years ago he was one of the First Men so most likely a Stark actually.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jenn96 said:

It's amazing how many "The Night King is a Targ" theories have been launched this week since the visual of the burning spiral actually did look a good deal like the Targaryen sigil. But the unburned version was obviously a spiral and echoed the spirals that the Walkers have been using all along. And the First Men, the Children and the Long Night pre-dated the Targaryans bu thousands of years.

And.... these are the COTF symbols... a spiral and the other round shape with a line through it that was seen in S1 dead bodies arranged by the WWs. this shows those cave symbols and the body arrangements shown earlier side by side.

another cave drawing

TheDraw
AG
gougler08
AG
bonfarr said:

Episode IV said:

bonfarr said:

Episode IV said:

JK I have no idea though the idea of hearing a Spanish voice overdub for Hodor would be hilarious.

I was in Norway last year and it was in English with option for English and Norwegian subtitles
First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.