****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,617 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

No it was definitely Joffrey who hired the assassin at least in the books.
Yeah, doubtful that is meant to be interpreted this way in the show.

Given that there's no strong evidence to support any other theory, it seems Littlefinger was the schemer in the show universe.
Carlo4
AG
So started rewatching and have made it 4 episodes into it. What are some things you picked up on with the second viewing? It's fun to go back and notice the subtle clues you might have missed.

- Ned Starks reaction when his sister is mentioned. Almost in tears with John Snow leaving for the Wall and staring they would talk about his mother. Also hiding the secret from an angry wife... Sean did a great job with it.

- Khalesi getting in an extremely hot bath and not showing signs of being hurt, while her brother felt it with the candle wax.

-the girl in the bathtub talking dragons, but mentions she has seen a pirate ship and a man that can change faces. All clues to future characters.

-how is Bran going to react when he meets Jamie Lannister again? Jamie has completely changed as a character and what will happen...
Stive
AG
Wasn't a big part of the flip on Littlefinger by Aria, Bran and Sansa based on him being the man behind the curtain regarding Bran's assassination attempt? Or am I forgetting what they were saying to him before Aria killed him? I know they brought up him killing Lysa but I thought they mentioned the Lannister/Valyrian blade to him as well and said he was the one that puppetmastered it.
redline248
AG
Bran said it was the same dagger he held to Ned's throat when he betrayed him with the City Watch.

And LF only had that dagger b/c Catelyn took it all the way to King's Landing. I don't think there is any way LF managed to get that dagger to an assassin in Winterfell with orders to kill Bran in the short time b/w fall and murder attempt.
redline248
AG
Quote:

how is Bran going to react when he meets Jamie Lannister again? Jamie has completely changed as a character and what will happen...
Bran has also completely changed as a character, and hardly considers himself Bran, anymore.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Stive said:

Wasn't a big part of the flip on Littlefinger by Aria, Bran and Sansa based on him being the man behind the curtain regarding Bran's assassination attempt? Or am I forgetting what they were saying to him before Aria killed him? I know they brought up him killing Lysa but I thought they mentioned the Lannister/Valyrian blade to him as well and said he was the one that puppet mastered it.
No...the direct accusations were:

Sansa:
"you murdered our aunt Lysa Arryn. you pushed her through the moon door and watched her fall".
"earlier you conspired to murder Jon Arryn, you gave Lysa 'Tears of Lys' to poison him"
"you had Aunt Lysa send a letter to our parents, telling them it was the Lannisters who murdered Jon Arryn when really it was you"
"the conflict between the Starks and Lannisters, it was you who started it".
"you conspired with Cersei Lannister and Joffrey Lannister to betray our father Ned Stark. Thanks to your treachery he was imprisoned and later executed on false charges of treason"

Later she reminds him he protected her by selling her to the Bolton's.

Bran:
LF says none of you were there, you don't know....then Bran speaks up and referring to LF betraying Ned says "you held a knife to his throat and you said 'I did warn you not to trust me'" " (something nobody would have heard).

Arya:
"you told our mother this knife belonged to Tyrion Lannister, but that was another one of your lies. it was yours."

Sansa also thanks him for lessons in justice and then Arya slices his throat.

Never mentioned the murder attempt on Bran - even Bran did not mention it. Maybe he has never seen it.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hello there said:

Quote:

No it was definitely Joffrey who hired the assassin at least in the books.
Yeah, doubtful that is meant to be interpreted this way in the show.

Given that there's no strong evidence to support any other theory, it seems Littlefinger was the schemer in the show universe.

ok. I guess as a book reader I take the opposite approach - if it wasn't shown specifically another way I assume it was the same as the book. But I could see non readers taking it as LF.

CFTXAG10
AG
This is one of the clips that I watched again during my fall down the rabbit hole that is youtube, and I still get chills when she is addressing Arya then turns it on Littlefinger
Is it me or does Jon Snows statue shows a much older Jon Snow while the other two show the same age?
agchino
AG
I thought the same thing, His facial hair seems to be longer in the statue, kind of a more "graybeard" look.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

how is Bran going to react when he meets Jamie Lannister again? Jamie has completely changed as a character and what will happen...
Bran has also completely changed as a character, and hardly considers himself Bran, anymore.
I think Bran is going to actually be the one that advocates for Jamie. He knows that he put Jamie in a position where he either killed him or Robert would have Jamie, Cersei, and the three children put to death. He'll also know Jamie kept his vow to Cat, saved Brienne, and his tried (in vain) to contain Cersei.
Hello there
Quote:

Never mentioned the murder attempt on Bran - even Bran did not mention it. Maybe he has never seen it.
That was the reason for bringing up the knife at all. Just because they didn't directly mention it doesn't mean they weren't addressing it.

Unless shown otherwise, the books are entirely irrelevant in this case.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hello there said:

Quote:

That was the reason for bringing up the knife at all. Just because they didn't directly mention it doesn't mean they weren't addressing it.

Unless shown otherwise, the books are entirely irrelevant in this case.

so they directly and specifically mention every other accusation in detail with names and locations and the crime and specifically ask each time if he denies it..... but are vague about that one?

make sense.

Hello there
Why else bring up that dagger?
Urban Ag
AG
because LF held that dagger to Ned's throat in King's Landing, in both the book and series, and reminded Ned that "I told you not to trust me". Sansa/Bran/Arya charged LF with conspiring with Cersei to frame Ned and execute him. One of several charges.

That's what was specifically referenced.

LF had nothing to do with the murder attempt on Bran. He just used the opportunity it presented to cause chaos. He wanted the Starks and Lannisters to go to war.
Hello there
He told Catelyn that it belonged to Tyrion specifically to implicate him in Bran's attempted assassination.
Hello there
Even though they don't directly accuse him, and even we don't know for sure that it was him, I think it's certainly implied that THEY believe he did it.

Though, it does make me wonder if they didn't intentionally leave out a direct accusation because they wanted to answer this in S8.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hello there said:

Why else bring up that dagger?

Because it was just another lie. proving that he was trying to frame the Lannisters. It is only logical given what we know and were shown.

If you are bringing up the knife in regard to the attempt on Bran why not say "you tried to have Bran killed and told our mother the knife belonged to Tyrion".

It was Sansa who read off the list of charges in effect - specifically mentioning the murder of Lysa, the conspiracy to murder Jon Arryn, starting the conflict between the Starks and Lannisters (by lying about the knife) and betraying Ned. She never mentions the attempt on Bran which was a crime directed at the Starks.

Then LF speaks in his defense of sorts and pleads. Bran only responds to the part about "none of you were there" - showing that he knows what was said to Ned (about betraying him) even though he was not there. And Arya only adds in that he lied about the knife and it was his.

Let's assume that Bran knows everything right. So then why would they not accuse him of it directly. Well one reason is it is entirely possible if not likely that it wasn't LF but Joffrey and Bran knows this. No reason to bring up Joffrey really - he's dead. But the crime by LF was LYING about the owner of the knife which started the conflict. I see no reason why they would not mention the attempt on Bran specifically if it was LF. And it makes perfect sense why they did not - and only mentioned lying about the knife - if Joffrey did it but LF simply lied about Tyrion owning the knife.

Urban Ag
AG
Hello there said:

He told Catelyn that it belonged to Tyrion specifically to implicate him in Bran's attempted assassination.
Yes. But he only told Cat once she showed him the knife in KL. It was an opportunity to stoke the flames between the Starks and Lannisters. Chaos. He started his Game of Thrones when he convinces Lysa Arryn to murder her husband and tell Cat she thinks the Lannisters were responsible. The dagger story was the next opportunity.
Hello there
I can buy that.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I am not sure what the confusion is about this

In the Book and the show.

Tyrion owned the dagger. He lost it on a bet about a tournament to Robert Baratheon.
Tyrion bet on Jaime, he ALWAYS bet on Jaime, and Jaime LOST that tournament.

Littlefinger lied and said Tyrion won that bet, and won the dagger from him ( Littlefinger)
The implication is that you are supposed to know that Tyrion never bet against Jaime so what Littlefinger said was a lie.

Joffery then gets the dagger from his "father" Robert either by stealing it or just asking for it and giving it to the assassin.
Hello there
Joffrey is not even a part of the equation in the show. That's 100% book.
M.C. Swag
AG
lol who cares? Joffrey and LF are both dead. There's no impact to S8 about who sent the assassin. It's irrelevant at this point.
Carlo4
AG
M.C. Swag said:

lol who cares? Joffrey and LF are both dead. There's no impact to S8 about who sent the assassin. It's irrelevant at this point.
I care...
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Well the show doesn't do anything different in terms of what I said, it just doesn't give all the details, right? I think that is the implication of not charging LF with the assassination attempt, is that it wasn't him. But the unfortunate things it that in the book when Jaime realizes Joffery did all this to impress him it is just more reasons that Jaime changes and why I like his character the best. He is the redemption story here. but it doesn't really matter to season 8, at least I don't think it will.
Hello there
M.C. Swag said:

Are you new?
redline248
AG
According to a couple articles the line in which Arya says the dagger is Littlefinger's is apparently supposed to be taken at face value. One site even says it's supposed to "confirm" that LF was the culprit that wanted Bran killed. The 2nd one says interpretation is left to the viewer to decide.

I can't remember, but I guess the show never had a scene between Jaime and Tyrion talking about Joff?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
90 days jumping back in
Hello there
Hello there
dp
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
wangus12
AG
Hello there said:

dp
If you get the gig, can you help me become an extra. I got a lot of Viking/Celt in me that will fit that part
M.C. Swag
AG
Hello there said:

lmao anyone shocked that GRRM uses AOL?
Liquid Wrench
I wonder how much fan fiction is getting sent to that email address every hour.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.