****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,271 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
chiken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remind me what the feather symbolizes???
Hello there
Actually, Robert Baratheon placed it there for Lyanna in ep 1.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
chiken
AG
I never understood the hype of GOT but binge watched all seven seasons late last year. I can't wait to see how it ends!!!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I think we are going to have a lot of full circle stuff - symbolism, revisits, etc.

Bold prediction - Bran sees Jon and Dany screwing in the same tower he caught Jamie and Cersei in... then he tells Jon they are actually related and shouldn't be doing that - Jon has a "get out" incredulous reaction and pushes Bran out of the window. He hits the ground and can no longer remember anything and loses his abilities....but can walk again.

lol. jk

but i'm serious about the symbolism and revisiting (obviously winterfell and the crypts but i bet it's more than that)... would not be surprised to see another flashback to young Ned somewhere, and another visit to the frog lady for Cersei, and maybe Ghost.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i hope not - dying and coming back was hard enough the first time.
wangus12
AG
91 days. Enough to get another complete rewatch in
LHIOB
AG
Hello there said:

I watched that episode yesterday and I didnt pick up on it
Hello there

Disclaimer: Fan-made, not official.
redline248
AG
Is that King's Landing in the poster?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
Well, they've had how long to travel south since the last episode?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fenrir
Yeah not like there aren't a bunch of recently dead soldiers in westeros that the night king could resurrect.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Hello there
Start your rewatch today and you can do exactly 1 episode per night.

wangus12
AG
That poster is definitely photoshopped.
Hello there
It's fan-made, turns out.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
LHIOB said:

Hello there said:

I watched that episode yesterday and I didnt pick up on it

here

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
The feather is seen again in S5 E4 when Sansa goes to the crypts and then is visited by Littlefinger.

At about the :35 second mark she bends and picks it up (so it had been blown off at some point I guess). she then carries it while walking down the corridor of the crypts talking to LF.

So not sure how it gets back on the statue of Lyanna??? Scene ends with her down there did she go put it there even though she found it on the ground and does not know its origin???

More likely though - my thought - that's just a promo scene and not a literal scene and the feather placement is symbolic. It's also possible it was not the same feather.

Hello there
Speaking of Littlefinger, I'm currently rewatching S1 and realized something.

We know that he orchestrated the death of Jon Arryn, and sent that assassin to kill Bran.

My question is, was it always part of the plan to kill Bran? I assume not and he started improvising once Bran was in a coma, but how did Littlefinger know that the Lannisters were the ones who tried to kill him?

Furthermore, was his plan to actually kill Bran, or to get the guy caught with the dagger? It sure seemed that if he had succeeded in killing Bran, nobody would have seen him or the dagger, and thus nobody would have suspected the Lannisters.

It's kind of unclear what his actual plan was.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Chaos.

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder."
CFTXAG10
AG
I just watched the one youtube clip above, and it sent me down a rabbit hole of many others. Damnit I love this show.
Carlo4
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Saving a bottle of this for the premiere, so sooner would be better than later.

House Lannister is Lagavulin 9 year. Got it for a friend as part of the alcoholic christmas gift. Anyone else know the rest? I think there are at least 4 out there to collect...
Johnsy3
AG
https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/sc-food-game-of-thrones-scotch-whisky-drink-1123-story.html

1) House Baratheon - Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old

2) House Tully - Singleton of Glendullan Select

3) House Stark - Dalwhinnie Winter's Frost

4) Night Watch - Oban Bay Reserve

5) Greyjoy - Talisker Select Reserve

6) House Tyrell - Clynelish Reserve

7) House Lannister - Lagavulin 9 Year Old

8) House Targaryen - Cardhu Gold Reserve

redline248
AG
Hello there said:

Speaking of Littlefinger, I'm currently rewatching S1 and realized something.

We know that he orchestrated the death of Jon Arryn, and sent that assassin to kill Bran.

My question is, was it always part of the plan to kill Bran? I assume not and he started improvising once Bran was in a coma, but how did Littlefinger know that the Lannisters were the ones who tried to kill him?

Furthermore, was his plan to actually kill Bran, or to get the guy caught with the dagger? It sure seemed that if he had succeeded in killing Bran, nobody would have seen him or the dagger, and thus nobody would have suspected the Lannisters.

I thought Joff hired the assassin, and Littlefinger just lied about whose dagger it was.
Hello there
Hello there
Joffrey had no reason to have Bran killed. He was just a whiny, bratty prince at the time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hello there said:

Joffrey had no reason to have Bran killed. He was just a whiny, bratty prince at the time.

No it was definitely Joffrey who hired the assassin at least in the books. The show left it more ambiguous.

In the book Tyrion and later Cersei and Jaime discuss it and determine it was Joffrey - trying to impress his father and as a mercy killing - but since it failed he didn't claim it.

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/17067/who-sent-the-assassin-to-kill-bran-stark
redline248
AG
Hello there said:

I may be getting book confused with show, but I thought he took it upon himself bc he heard Cersei or Robert say it would be a mercy to put Bran out of his misery?

To your point, LF had no reason to kill Bran. He may even have wanted to keep him safe out of love for Cat, much like he did Sansa. Also, back in season 1 there wasn't that fast of travel going on, and didn't the fire/attempt to kill Bran happen almost immediately after he fell?
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
I had to look up how tall they are, Sophie turner is 5'9", apparently kit is5'8". That is a super unfortunate angle but hilarious tweet
Saxsoon
AG
But we also have hard hitting journalism like this

https://www.bustle.com/articles/91037-how-tall-is-kit-harington-compare-him-to-his-game-of-thrones-co-stars-you-might
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.