****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,114 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I dont think I posted this story on this thread and if I did its been a while...

This summer my brother and I went to Ireland to play golf. We flew into Belfast and did one night there before meeting up with the others in our group. When we were leaving our hotel Dinklage and Ethan Hawk walked out and got in Dinks Range Rover. It was a very surreal moment seeing him with the full beard and doing a huge double take. And then realizing he was with Hawke.

One of our stops was Royal County Down (the #1 ranked course in the world for you golf nerds). RCD is in Newcastle, Northern Ireland where a lot of GoT is shot.

My caddy told me that some days he wakes up and the hills behind his house are completely white as they turn the landscape into North of the Wall. My brothers caddy was an extra for a few years and for the final season he was cast into an actual role. The NDA was like 30 pages and every scene was shot 3 different ways. He said that no one knew what was going on story wise. They also said most of the cast was pretty great.

Ill see if I can post a pic of Dinklage and Hawke later
chiken
AG
That's a pretty cool story!
Belton Ag
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Hello there said:

lmao anyone shocked that GRRM uses AOL?
In 2008? Not too shocked.
aTmAg
AG
2 question for the dudes who've read the books:

1) Was the faceless guy in the books? Or is that completely HBO?

2) Did the show (or book) ever reveal why Jorah Mormont was somehow the blacksheep of his family? If they did, I don't remember.
Hello there
2. Jorah sold slaves
Counterpoint
AG
aTmAg said:

2) Did the show (or book) ever reveal why Jorah Mormont was somehow the blacksheep of his family? If they did, I don't remember.

1. Yes, he's in the books!

2. They explain in episode 2 of season 1 that he sold poachers on his land to slave traders. I wouldn't have remembered that, but I just watched that episode today (I'm doing the rewatch and last night was the day for 1x02!)

LHIOB
AG
Im really enjoying my rewatch. Ive probably seen S1 4 or 5 times but now Im rewatching with my wife who has never seen it. Fantasy just isnt her thing.

It gives me a new perspective to answer her questions. Ive also been listening to the RHAP recaps which adds another level to the rewatch. Excited to get the whole think finished before April...
aTmAg
AG
Gracias
jschroeder
It's been my experience that the early tech adopters of that generation are the ones most likely to have AOL. It worked for them just fine and they never dropped it because peer pressure never made it an issue.
Urban Ag
AG
Counterpoint said:

aTmAg said:

2. They explain in episode 2 of season 1 that he sold poachers on his land to slave traders. I wouldn't have remembered that, but I just watched that episode today (I'm doing the rewatch and last night was the day for 1x02!)

The faceless man (Jaqen H Ghar) seemed to have a larger role in the books that was never fleshed out. In last book written he is at the Citadel when Sam arrives and has taken the identity of a student, stole something from some old maester, but we never find out why he is there and probably never will.

Jorah basically married a trophy wife who was never happy or satisfied, found himself in money problems, and sold some guys in to slavery to raise some extra scratch to keep princess around. You know, like a typical credit card Dallas millionaire.

I know GRRM will never finish the books but it would be great if he could publish something, even just a youtube video, where he finished out story arcs from the books that we'll never really know how they turn out, like what Jaqen was doing at the Citadel.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ran across this - an artist created this on an iPad. wow.

his insta is https://www.instagram.com/justus_mustache/

aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

Counterpoint said:

aTmAg said:

The faceless man (Jaqen H Ghar) seemed to have a larger role in the books that was never fleshed out. In last book written he is at the Citadel when Sam arrives and has taken the identity of a student, stole something from some old maester, but we never find out why he is there and probably never will.

Jorah basically married a trophy wife who was never happy or satisfied, found himself in money problems, and sold some guys in to slavery to raise some extra scratch to keep princess around. You know, like a typical credit card Dallas millionaire.

I know GRRM will never finish the books but it would be great if he could publish something, even just a youtube video, where he finished out story arcs from the books that we'll never really know how they turn out, like what Jaqen was doing at the Citadel.
Was that Jorah part in the show? Or just the book? I don't remember that at all.
Belton Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

Urban Ag said:

Counterpoint said:

aTmAg said:

Was that Jorah part in the show? Or just the book? I don't remember that at all.
It was mentioned a couple times in the show. Jorah gives a brief explanation as to why he was banished from Bear Island.
Urban Ag
AG
Yeah at some point he explains how it is that he went from the Lord of Bear Island to an exile. I think he explained it to either Dany at some point or told Tyrion. I honestly can't recall but it was covered at some point in the series.
boy09
AG
Just watched this episode last night. Jump to about 2:05. First mention of it. Like Urban Ag said, i think he goes into some more detail later in the series.

Hello there
I just watched the episode recently. It's ep 3 or 4 of S1. He explains it to Viserys, and he responds that he'd never be punished for that under his rule.
Stive
AG
I think Ned also talks about it or refers to it at the small council meeting when Varys talks about who his spy is. Or I may be making that up. But I do know for sure it's referred to several times in the show. I've never read the books but it was clear in my head on why he was exiled.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Stive said:

I think Ned also talks about it or refers to it at the small council meeting when Varys talks about who his spy is. Or I may be making that up. But I do know for sure it's referred to several times in the show. I've never read the books but it was clear in my head on why he was exiled.
Ned to refer to it while dismissing the risk of Dany.
aTmAg
AG
Looks like a lot of people are doing the 90 day challenge. Everybody is at about the same place.
Urban Ag
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Stive said:

Ned to refer to it while dismissing the risk of Dany.
Boy Ned blew that call didn't he

Urban Ag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

ran across this - an artist created this on an iPad. wow.

his insta is https://www.instagram.com/justus_mustache/

Looks like an elf from Lord of the Rings
Hello there
Clearly not. His house has bent the knee.
Hello there
aTmAg said:

Looks like a lot of people are doing the 90 day challenge. Everybody is at about the same place.
What is it with everything being a "challenge" these days?

Hey, let's everyone try the "three meals a day challenge".
Ol Jock 99
AG
We're up to S4E1. Started our own "challenge" over the holidays.
aTmAg
AG
Hello there said:

aTmAg said:

What is it with everything being a "challenge" these days?

Hey, let's everyone try the "three meals a day challenge".
I just took the single wipe dump challenge.
Urban Ag
AG
A few years ago, on NY's day, my wife says to me "hey, let's take the 10 times a month challenge"

And a great year it was
aTmAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

A few years ago, on NY's day, my wife says to me "hey, let's take the 10 times a month challenge"

And a great year it was
Can I borrow your wife?
theSCHW4B
AG
Just got through Season 5 again last night. Is the end of Season 5 the best 3 episode stretch of the show?
"Hardhome", "Dance of Dragons", and "Mother's Mercy" have to all be in the Top 10 for individual episodes. So many great moments in those three. I got a little emotional when Drogon shows up to save Dany.
boy09
AG
"Battle of the *******s", "The Winds of Winter", and "Dragonstone"? I don't know if that's a better run, both are very solid. Hardhome is probably the best ep of the series imo.
theSCHW4B
AG
The best part about "Hardhome" was that the whole thing was completely unexpected. It went from 0-100 about as quick as possible. The minute or so where Jon fights the Walker is probably the most tense I've been while watching the show.
Hello there
Hardhome was absolutely bonkers. And Mother's Mercy is great.

But I don't know if anything can beat Battle of the *******s and Winds of Winter. That's probably the best run of two episodes I've ever seen.

And I'm including Breaking Bad in that.
redline248
AG
So, here's a fun little story. I have Dish Network.

I'm going to have to pay directly to HBO Go, aren't I?
ChipFTAC01
AG
What episode is winds of WI ter?
wangus12
AG
Its $15
theSCHW4B
AG
S6E10
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.