****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,491 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello there said:

I just watched the episode recently. It's ep 3 or 4 of S1. He explains it to Viserys, and he responds that he'd never be punished for that under his rule.
It's S1E2.
Agnzona
So what will Sam's arch be in season 8? I assume he is a major player.
Also will we get some more of Lady Mormont, hopefully killing some Wights?
Carlo4
AG
Agnzona said:

Sam will be sitting on the throne at the end. I've called that for two years don't care how crazy that sounds.
Urban Ag
AG
Agnzona said:

I would wager Lady Mormont will not return as she is irrelevant to the story at this point as we've run out the clock.

Sam. I love this character in both the books and the series. But I think Sam is pretty much done at this point. Like Varys, LF (before his death), Melisandre, Jaquen, even Tyrion, their story is pretty much done. They were all vehicles to get us to the end game and we are there.

The books, if GRRM would have ever finished them, would have given these amazing characters such better endings to their arcs than HBO could given the restraints they have to deal with.

I think that Sam's last contribution to this epic will be to with Bran to make it known that Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne as the legitimate son of RT and to also find a way a way to defeat the WW's.

Edit - bad call on Sam. If Jon makes it, and I think he will, Sam will become his grand Maester.
Hello there
Jon will knight Sam.
HtownAg92
AG
theSCHW4B said:

The best part about "Hardhome" was that the whole thing was completely unexpected. It went from 0-100 about as quick as possible. The minute or so where Jon fights the Walker is probably the most tense I've been while watching the show.
"So we have a deal, great. Let me know if you change your mind, Thenns. Okay, let's get this wagon train moving. Everyone line up in single file. Doing great. How are you, Ms. Wilding? Why, you're welcome. Nice work guys, keep it up and we'll be out of here by....um, what was that?"

Just a total shocking swing of events. The WW reveal, when Jon and the Thenn stop and look up, was one of the eeriest and coolest scenes ever.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I would wager Lady Mormont will not return as she is irrelevant to the story at this point as we've run out the clock.
They'll have her return solely for some interaction between her and Jorah.
Al Bula
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

They'll have her return solely for some interaction between her and Jorah.
Arranged marriage between Mormont cousins to bring the family back together. It is known.
Agnzona
My dream arranged marriage is between her and Robin and on their wedding night he throws himself through the moon door out of fear. Only half way kidding.
G Martin 87
AG
jschroeder said:

It's been my experience that the early tech adopters of that generation are the ones most likely to have AOL. It worked for them just fine and they never dropped it because peer pressure never made it an issue.
Back in the heady, exciting days of olde when the Age of BBS was waning and the Supreme Triumvirate of AOL, Prodigy, and Compuserve began to challenge each other for domination, it was AOL that emerged victorious. Yea, verily, it was a Time of Heroes.
Hello there
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Hello there said:

Kinda sums it up, doesn't it.
aTmAg
AG
So I've been trying to watch the old episodes for the past 2 days, and my on demand is broken for some reason. Anybody else having this problem on DirectTV?
Urban Ag
AG
I haven't used DirecTv on demand in quite awhile but did have some consistency problems. Might want to power off/reboot everything, including your wifi and see if that fixes it. Or your receiver may need to be replaced/upgraded.
Agnzona
I have been rewatching and have had days were no episodes show as available. I reboot or just waited a few days and it worked. I also noticed the main TV (with the box and Wi-Fi) had it at times when the others didn't? I assume it's a connection/software bug.
aTmAg
AG
Yeah, I've had this problem before (with The Wire), and usually rebooting fixes it. But to no avail this time.
Agnzona
Or code it just be a Demand problem overwhelming the technology?
aTmAg
AG
Agnzona said:

Or code it just be a Demand problem overwhelming the technology?
For the hell of it, I tried The Wire too, and it also had no new episodes available (I was watching with my kids before they went back to school, and we got to the end of season 3). So it's not specific to GoT.
Seabreeze
What I had to do was download the HBOGO app to my TV. HBO On Demand for Direct TV has seemed to have gone there for content.
aTmAg
AG
Seabreeze said:

What I had to do was download the HBOGO app to my TV. HBO On Demand for Direct TV has seemed to have gone there for content.
Hmm, I'll try that. Good idea.
Seabreeze
Did it 5 days ago with zero problems so far, unlike demand which has become basically useless the past yr.
aTmAg
AG
Seabreeze said:

Did it 5 days ago with zero problems so far, unlike demand which has become basically useless the past yr.
Hopefully I have the ability to download HBO go. I've been using a blue-ray player for all my TV smarts. I imagine it would work fine.
CapCityAg89
AG
aTmAg said:

Urban Ag said:

Jorah basically married a trophy wife who was never happy or satisfied, found himself in money problems, and sold some guys in to slavery to raise some extra scratch to keep princess around. You know, like a typical credit card Dallas millionaire.

Was that Jorah part in the show? Or just the book? I don't remember that at all.
Most of the back story part of this was in the book. I think Jorah has told a couple stories about his wife that hinted at it though.

With that said, when I originally read this post, I got it and the conversation about Jaquen confused. I thought the poster was asking about Jorah's role at the Citadel last season (his successful attempt to "get clean"). There might be some kinda truth to that suggestion.

In the books, it's another character (not in the show) who has greyscale, so no real reason for Jonah (newly freed slave in the last book) to travel to the Citadel to be cleaned. So there may be some Jaquen role there as part of the overarching story that they just collapsed into Jorah's show story.

Also - I still think Sam is the key to defeating the white walkers. Although I'm fairly convinced this will NOT have a traditional happy ending and the end-game will be a surprise. Anything like Dany or Jon ruling with Sam as maester and Tyrion as the hand and Arya as a king's guard ain't happening.

I do think the WW will be pushed back (probably with a hint that they're not wiped out at the very end). I think the actual Iron Throne is gone along with King's Landing and Cercei. Dragons gone. Direwolves gone. Wall gone. Basically, magic gone. Maybe some invention like gun powder (wildfire guns!) that hints at a fundamental change in the hierarchy.
Stive
AG
Which Direwolves are still alive? Nymeria was last seen walking away from Arya somewhere in the Riverlands. Have we seen Ghost in about 3 seasons? Last time I remember him was fighting at the Wall when Mance's army was about to win.
Fenrir
Ghost and Nymeria are all that's left. Ghost's name seems very appropriate the last couple of seasons regardless.
CapCityAg89
AG
Stive said:

Which Direwolves are still alive? Nymeria was last seen walking away from Arya somewhere in the Riverlands. Have we seen Ghost in about 3 seasons? Last time I remember him was fighting at the Wall when Mance's army was about to win.
The show runners are on record as saying we'll have direwolves back this season. I don't think that's spoiler-level info.But yeah, Ghost and Nymeria are all that's left. Hopefully we get some warging this season too.
TheDraw
AG
Ghost is in winterfell. There was a scene where Jon bids farewell to ghost before he goes to dragonstone but it got cut due to time issues.
Counterpoint
AG
TheDraw said:

Ghost is in winterfell. There was a scene where Jon bids farewell to ghost before he goes to dragonstone but it got cut due to time issues.
That scene seems pretty important/poignant. I would have cut something else!
The Dog Lord
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Stive said:

The show runners are on record as saying we'll have direwolves back this season. I don't think that's spoiler-level info.But yeah, Ghost and Nymeria are all that's left. Hopefully we get some warging this season too.

If we don't have a Nymeria-led wolf army join the battle once the WW reach the river lands, I don't even know what they're doing over there at HBO.
CapCityAg89
AG
The Dog Lord said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Stive said:

If we don't have a Nymeria-led wolf army join the battle once the WW reach the river lands, I don't even know what they're doing over there at HBO.

I'd actually see her back in the north. Battle of Winterfell. Guided by Arya.
Stive
AG
I can see Arya in trouble somewhere in the Riverlands and her wolf making a showing. I could also see Ghost killed by WW's while protecting Jon.

aTmAg
AG
Another question for the experts:

Did the show/book ever explain how king Robert came into power? So Jamie kills the mad king, and then what? I'd think that Jamie would have been executed for that or maybe his dad would gain power or something. How did the Baratheons step in and take over?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Robert and Ned killed Rhaegar ( at the battle of the Trident?) and since Robert was basically the instigator of the Rebellion he became king. Jamie had left King landing and went back home to daddy.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.