****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,892,048 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are we glossing over Bran's warg'ing ability? Two x-factors for Team Human are that and Melisandre in my opinion.

Bran could warg into a dragon, theoretically. And Melisandre could be stabbed in the heart by a Valyrian steel blade, unleashing the fire/light from within her to the Prince that was promised (my bet is Jon but I'm not counting out Jamie).
Broba Fett
bonfarr said:

I am hoping Cersei gives birth to a midget baby before Jamie kills her. That would be sweet justice.

I'm hoping she dies due to midget birth complications.
RogerEnright
The Dog Lord said:

M.C. Swag said:

• I love Missandei and Grey Worm, but I would love to have seen the Tyrion-Bran conversation as well.

I wonder if the purpose of the Missandei / Grey Worm conversation has more to do with setting them up for death? Does the audience grieve more for the death of characters with planned happy futures? Does that add to the love / loss?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

boy09 said:

Urban Ag said:

But what's your thought process on Mel not showing up until KL?
Jon sent her away and told here to ride south, and if she ever returned to Winterfell he would have her hanged. So I really doubt she would show up in Winterfell.
sure but we have an entire cast at Winterfell right now that killed each other's family and friends and somehow they seem to be making it work. Plus Mel knows her days are numbered. I don't think she's staying away because she fears the noose.

Well last we saw her she was on Dragonstone and heading to Essos..... she knew they were headed to WF then. she had no intention of going there.

In fact Varys tells her to stay in Essos but she says she has to return to die in this strange land - just like Varys.

Nothing in that said she would go to Winterfell. And outside of the usual time travel it seems like it's unlikely.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Jon lied about Bran telling him about his past, right? Or did I just forget it?

I didn't think he had and Jon just threw his name to give it some legitimacy and to protect Sam a little bit.
Dany: How do you know this?
Jon: Well, uh, Sam said that Bran said that he saw it in a dream.

Dany: Hmmmmmmm

Which is basically what really happened
gigemJTH12
AG
I think there is a reason why we didn't get the full convo between Bran and Tyrion. And we will find out later why. Only reason that epic(sorry to use that word) convo would have been glossed over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

No way Sam learns how to raise dead and does it that fast.

I don't think Tyrion makes it to the crypt.
Ooh, what if that's Melisandre's role?
jtstanley4621
AG
lurker76 said:

Did anyone else think, after the Arya-Gendry XX scene, that she was trying to have the Hound as her first experience, but was blocked by Beric Dondarian showing up? Feeling frustrated, she goes to look for Gendry, hoping he was experienced enough.
This has been said before, but I just wanted to weigh in and say:

No.
CheeseSndwch

Does the rule of three apply in Westeros?
Burn-It
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I think there is a reason why we didn't get the full convo between Bran and Tyrion. And we will find out later why. Only reason that epic(sorry to use that word) convo would have been glossed over.
Tyrion is a Targ, take it to the bank!
AKA 13-0
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

mazag08 said:

I'm sorry, what is this Azor Ahai that I keep seeing mentioned?
Book stuff.
M.C. Swag
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

I don't have a lot to offer that hasn't been said already but there are a few things that I wanted to highlight
You wrote like 10 paragraphs.
You should see some of my previous seasons posts lmao
Azariah
AG
That's a once-per-campaign ability. He has to long-rest for several hundred years to recharge.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

AustinAg2K said:

I feel like Jon's reaction to being a Targaryen is very out of character. The whole time he has only cared about loyalty and saving the World from The Army of the Dead. He pledged himself to Daenerys. Telling her about his heritage is just going to cause additional headaches during the battle. To stay consistent, Jon should just say, "F the crown. You can have it if we kill the Night King."
I think it's very consistent with his character. Jon has always fulfilled his duty no matter how reluctant he's been to take it on. It started with not wanting to be a steward for Lord Mormont, but he took on his role. Then he obviously didn't want to be Lord Commander until he was voted by his peers to be Lord Commander. When he was released from his vows by death and made it clear he was tired of fighting he reluctantly took on the Boltons at the request of Sansa. Then he was rewarded King of the North.

This moment isn't any different. I think he (and us in the audience) should see by now that Jon is destined for greatness, and no matter how much he wants to, saying no to his duty has never worked out for him. This has been Jon's greatest character development.
Charlie Conway
The more I read and think about it the more I believe the dead kings of winter will come out of the crypts, but fight for the living. Jon (I think) had dreams of the tombs opening and the corpses coming out. The whole "there must always be a Stark in Winterfell" and G RR M being so influenced by Tolkien I think we could see a whole army of the dead thing going on with one of the Starks or maybe Jamie/Brienne carrying old Ice
MW03
AG
I thought the Jon/Dany scene was actually pretty well done. You have all these people having their final cathartic moments. Jon has a small one with Sam and Edd, but he's spending his time in the crypt with him mother kind of contemplating on things. Dany comes down there to be with him, and then she starts trying to apologize for her brother and how she doesn't understand how he could have raped Lyanna Stark. Jon has a moment where he's telling Dany that her brother was not awful, and then explains to her that he's actually their son. I understand Dany freaking out, too. Talk about your all-time curve balls.

Anyway, I think it's important because Dany will end up being pregnant with Jon's child. Meaning her and Jon's son will actually be the "Stallion Who Mounts The World". The progeny of the Khaleesi and the King of the 7 Kingdoms really is the king of this world.
jtstanley4621
AG
Anyone else wondering if a wolf army is gonna show up led by Nymeria to help against the Night King? I think that would be cool as hell.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Stive said:

Man....I just went back and watched the season 8 preview: the terror on Arya's face as she's running from whatever is chasing her.... They also show a scene of her using the stick which looked cool.

And Pod is a goner. They show him on the battlefield beside Brienne, and I'm betting he gives his life for her in some way.

Regarding the Direwolves, I don't think Ghost makes it out of the fight. I'm guessing he goes down like Summer did defending his master, buying Jon some time, etc.

The Dire Wolves are pretty symbolic of the Stark children besides Lady dying in season 1. If Ghost dies I'm not sure Jon would survive much longer. But who knows. Maybe it could symbolize Jon's transition from Stark to Targaryen.
Stive
AG
Summer dying could symbolize Bran moving from Stark to TER. Ghost dying would make sense in that Jon is "no longer" a Stark.
Charlie Conway
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Stive said:

Man....I just went back and watched the season 8 preview: the terror on Arya's face as she's running from whatever is chasing her.... They also show a scene of her using the stick which looked cool.

And Pod is a goner. They show him on the battlefield beside Brienne, and I'm betting he gives his life for her in some way.

Regarding the Direwolves, I don't think Ghost makes it out of the fight. I'm guessing he goes down like Summer did defending his master, buying Jon some time, etc.

The Dire Wolves are pretty symbolic of the Stark children besides Lady dying in season 1. If Ghost dies I'm not sure Jon would survive much longer. But who knows. Maybe it could symbolize Jon's transition from Stark to Targaryen.
Because Sansa is really a Targaryen
The Dog Lord
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Anyone else wondering if a wolf army is gonna show up led by Nymeria to help up against the Night King? I think that would be cool as hell.

I've said all along that this better happen. If not then, it could be in a battle in/near King's Landing I guess. Too bad they weren't making dragonglass crowns to go over their canines.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

There is nothing between Theon and Sansa. She grew up with him like a brother and has forgiven him ever since he saved her. Even D&D said in the post-episode recap that they were together simply to be near other people on the eve of what could be their deaths
Thank you. I honestly am baffled at the number of people who saw any tinge of romance in that look.
M.C. Swag
AG
Urban Ag said:

I think your "trouble spots" are pretty legit. At the same time I think the writers have an almost impossible task. So many characters that have developed story acrs and personalities are still in play: Dany, Jon, Sandor, Beric, Jorah, Gendry, Varys, Tryion, Missandei, GW, Mel, Davos, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Jamie, Bronn, Cersei, the Mountain, Qyburn, Theon, Yarra, Euron, Brienne, Pod, Edd, Tormund. I am sure I am missing someone. How do you do them all credit with just a six episode season to close it out. It would seem to me to be unprecedented.

Also, we're really down to just two big events. BoW/Nights King and Cersei at KL. How can you make all of these characters fit in, in a meaningful way? I think the answer is you really can't. The writers probably should have thinned the herd last season or at least have Dany leave a contingent behind at Dragonstone just to cut the clutter at Winterfell.
I agree there just isn't enough time...which is 100% on HBO. No one is forcing these timelines on them. The fans would wait another 10 years for this story to conclude and I know I'd be more than willing to pay a 20% game of thrones tax if they needed a bigger budget. As to your question, 'how do you give all those characters proper due in 6 episdoes?' You can't. It's not possible. If we're really going to stick to a 6 episode finale season, I'd be ok if Missandie and Greyworm get thrown to the side. Or Theon dies from typhoid traveling the open seas. There's already too much...and I'd rather trim some of the "fat" and give proper homage to relationships that mean the most than simply give the bare minimum so that everyone gets their 45 seconds of screen time (and I'm not saying that's what happened...but everything is definitely getting rushed to break neck speeds).
redline248
AG
Azariah said:

HombreDoce said:

I feel like the the white walker army is going to to get decimated. Dragon glass is the equivalent of a Halo energy sword or Goldeneye golden gun. The whites don't have armor and die with one hit. How many arrows have the living giants been shot with? How many arrows do the Dragons take during battles? I feel like the 10,000 Unsullied could wipe out the 100,000 whites without any help. Hell, Sam, one of the worst fighters in the show killed a WW with a dagger. Some characters are definitely going to die, but this battle is going to put an end to the white walker threat. The last three episodes will then have all the backstabbing plot twist we have grown to love with a four way for the thrown.
That's only if they're all outfitted with dragonglass weapons. How many of those weapons have they had time to make?

Enough time to put that crap all over the walls, wooden caltrips, and everything in between
BenFiasco14
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Anyone else wondering if a wolf army is gonna show up led by Nymeria to help against the Night King? I think that would be cool as hell.
Right after Howland Reed shows up to convince Dany of Jon's Targaryean legitimacy, Benjen Stark raises the dead out of the Stark crypts, and the Dornish Army lands at Eastwatch on the Sea to attack the dead from behind.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Furlock Bones
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Urban Ag said:

I think your "trouble spots" are pretty legit. At the same time I think the writers have an almost impossible task. So many characters that have developed story acrs and personalities are still in play: Dany, Jon, Sandor, Beric, Jorah, Gendry, Varys, Tryion, Missandei, GW, Mel, Davos, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Jamie, Bronn, Cersei, the Mountain, Qyburn, Theon, Yarra, Euron, Brienne, Pod, Edd, Tormund. I am sure I am missing someone. How do you do them all credit with just a six episode season to close it out. It would seem to me to be unprecedented.

Also, we're really down to just two big events. BoW/Nights King and Cersei at KL. How can you make all of these characters fit in, in a meaningful way? I think the answer is you really can't. The writers probably should have thinned the herd last season or at least have Dany leave a contingent behind at Dragonstone just to cut the clutter at Winterfell.
I agree there just isn't enough time...which is 100% on HBO. No one is forcing these timelines on them. The fans would wait another 10 years for this story to conclude and I know I'd be more than willing to pay a 20% game of thrones tax if they needed a bigger budget. As to your question, 'how do you give all those characters proper due in 6 episdoes?' You can't. It's not possible. If we're really going to stick to a 6 episode finale season, I'd be ok if Missandie and Greyworm get thrown to the side. Or Theon dies from typhoid traveling the open seas. There's already too much...and I'd rather trim some of the "fat" and give proper homage to relationships that mean the most than simply give the bare minimum so that everyone gets their 45 seconds of screen time (and I'm not saying that's what happened...but everything is definitely getting rushed to break neck speeds).
that started heavily last season.
Urban Ag
AG
I would like a very brief scene where the two dragons are side by side roaring at the army of the dead and Ghost walks up between them and bears his teeth and growls. The symbolism alone would be epic.
Furlock Bones
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

Right after Howland Reed shows up to convince Dany of Jon's Targaryean legitimacy, Benjen Stark raises the dead out of the Stark crypts, and the Dornish Army lands at Eastwatch on the Sea to attack the dead from behind.
an army from a perpetually warm and sunny place sails to the port the farthest north in winter. feels a bit like attacking Russia in the winter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The more I read this thread and think about this episode, the more hyped I get.

My ***** can only get so erect.
wangus12
AG
Stive said:

Summer dying could symbolize Bran moving from Stark to TER. Ghost dying would make sense in that Jon is "no longer" a Stark.
But he is a Stark
redline248
AG
Concerning Azor Ahai/prince that was promised. The story of how Lightbringer was made is one of love and great sacrifice, not vengeance or punishment. Zero chance killing Melisandre will result in a new Lightbringer, and zero chance that ever becomes part of the show. Since it's never been mentioned. My money is still on Arya killing her, anyway.

Speaking of Mel, while reading a previous post about her going back to Essos I had this thought: Who just came to King's Landing from Essos? I can totally see Melisandre infiltrating the Golden Company, or even somehow bewitching Euron. Not sure how else she's supposed to get back into the story.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Urban Ag said:

You mean throw one of the best redemption arcs in the whole show aside and kill him offscreen? What?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag said:

I would like a very brief scene where the two dragons are side by side roaring at the army of the dead and Ghost walks up between them and bears his teeth and growls. The symbolism alone would be epic.
That gave me nerd chills.
FIDO95
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I'm certain they shared a laugh about the time Tyrion took a donkey and a honeycomb into the brothel. Nobody else seems to know what the hell happened and that is the only thing in this story I really need resolved.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsquirrel97
AG
redline248 said:

Concerning Azor Ahai/prince that was promised. The story of how Lightbringer was made is one of love and great sacrifice, not vengeance or punishment. Zero chance killing Melisandre will result in a new Lightbringer, and zero chance that ever becomes part of the show.
Wouldn't Mel knowingly going up there to die be a great sacrifice? I am not advocating for this, just pointing out that it is indeed a sacrifice.

As far as the love aspect, it is my understanding that most fans love seeing bewbs.so there is that.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.