****** The Americans Season 5 ******

38,637 Views | 319 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While interesting, I don't think they have the time. We only have a couple more (2??) episodes this season and then next.
lunchbox
Ol Jock 99 said:

While interesting, I don't think they have the time. We only have a couple more (2??) episodes this season and then next.
Yeah, if I were planning that sort of arc, I would make it a part of next season.

Phillip and Elizabeth doing their own thing in DC from an empty next while running Paige as an operative at the boarding school...and then the whole thing comes crashing down in some form or fashion.
J.P. 03
AG
Mail robot sighting!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Homeless mean Russian Keri.....is still hot
oragator
Such a great last 20 minutes, so well put together. That's when the show is at its best.
CorpsAg11
AG
That was an awesome episode!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
That was not the reaction I expected from Elizabeth the ice queen after that mission and hit.

Also, so obviously an execution, they didn't even bother to make it look like a robbery or something. Hard to see how it would lead back to them, but certainly the feds are going to look into the background of the woman and figure out the motive.
Big Cat `93
AG
That ending was tough to watch because it was so well done.

Captain Obvious thought: Claudia is truly evil.
chiken
AG
Big.Cat-93 said:

Captain Obvious thought: Claudia is truly evil.
Why? What makes you say that?
DTP02
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

That was not the reaction I expected from Elizabeth the ice queen after that mission and hit.

Yeah, but not really any signs yet of her making the leap from being sick of the job she has to do to being sick of the people/government that orders her to do it.

I thought it was strange that she and Phillip kinda glossed over the confirmation about the use of the bio-weapon, although I guess that may be because they (Philip especially) strongly suspected it already.
The D
AG
Season has to end with Stan figuring something out about them right?
lunchbox
The D said:

Season has to end with Stan figuring something out about them right?
I was half-expecting Henry to see the drawings of his parents from a couple of seasons ago on the bulletin board...
Big Cat `93
AG
Claudia oversold what "Natalie" did in WWII. She just wanted her dead and used the Jennings (mainly Elizabeth) as a cat's paw.
CorpsAg11
AG
Why do i find Stan's informant Sofia so attractive?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

Why do i find Stan's informant Sofia so attractive?
cuz she got her teeth fixed. duh.
BJM1781
AG
Boobies? Accent? Attractive, foreign features?
Big Cat `93
AG
Definitely the accent.
Hulla Baller
AG
So was the Russian lady actually the person the KGB says she was or was it an act to save her husband?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hulla Baller said:

So was the Russian lady actually the person the KGB says she was or was it an act to save her husband?

Oh no I took her story to be very accurate in the end. she was initially just trying to get out of it any way she could but she was sincere later.

However, her participation was much more coerced cooperation and do it or you will die yourself kind of thing - hence the hesitation by Philip. It was pretty sadistic situation. Watched her parents killed, etc. Almost sounded like she was saying she was raped at some points - not sure though.

But yeah I took it as she did it.
CorpsAg11
AG
Yea she started out completely denying it. Then she admitted to it but was trying to play like she was just saying it to save her husband. But in the end she came clean with the truth, but it wasn't quite as damning as it sounded initially, which is why Philip balked..

Really interesting scene.
et98
AG
The actress who played the part of that lady is just a no-name actress with no real resume. According to IMDB, this essentially her first real role ever. But she knocked it out of the park in my opinion. She had 1 scene on one of the most well-acted shows on basic cable, and she put on an acting clinic.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
et98 said:

The actress who played the part of that lady is just a no-name actress with no real resume. According to IMDB, this essentially her first real role ever. But she knocked it out of the park in my opinion. She had 1 scene on one of the most well-acted shows on basic cable, and she put on an acting clinic.

Damn. Thats amazing really.

She talked 90% of the time in that scene and went through every emotion. It was all on her face too.

She is an accountant who has a few short film and 2 TV episodes in the last 2 years under her belt.

Wow.....here is an article calling it Emmy worthy - can't disagree. Although the show did not submit her for one - they submitted Alison Wright (Martha) instead for special guest star this season.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2017/irina-dubova-the-americans-dyatkovo-2017-emmys-entertainment-news/
KidDoc
AG
She was certainly raped by the Nazis. In the beginning of the episode they talk about tracking her down through medical records of STDs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SWCBonfire
AG
A scene with both Henry and FBI mail robot?

Now they're just toying with us.
Quad Dog
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Also, so obviously an execution, they didn't even bother to make it look like a robbery or something. Hard to see how it would lead back to them, but certainly the feds are going to look into the background of the woman and figure out the motive.
I'm not sure what Elizabeth's reaction meant. May be she knows she's lost Philip, and she can't do it alone.
CorpsAg11
AG
So they put a lot of emphasis on Henry telling his parents about the FBI secret briefing room.

Seems like they are going to try and find a way to bug that room?
SWCBonfire
AG
They already know it exists, Martha defected.
chiken
AG
Do you think Phillip wants to return to Russia or just be done being a spy and live the American life?

I bet if he stopped spying and stayed in America he'd be killed. Probably by Claudia!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

That's the problem. There is no happy ending here. And they know it.

Destroy their family, or get killed, or get busted.

Not a lot of options.
Ol Jock 99
AG
For Elizabeth, home is Russia. For Philip, it's America.

Like ZJS said, no good option.
lunchbox
chiken said:

Do you think Phillip wants to return to Russia or just be done being a spy and live the American life?

I bet if he stopped spying and stayed in America he'd be killed. Probably by Claudia!!!

If Claudia asks them to do one more thing that they don't agree with, I have a feeling she will be getting a bullet in her head while walking across the street. They hate her.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

So they put a lot of emphasis on Henry telling his parents about the FBI secret briefing room.

Seems like they are going to try and find a way to bug that room?

I bet they could put a bug in a pen that belonged to the director and listen to his every word!
J.P. 03
AG
Only an "L" this week on the Viewer Advisory. No "V" means no killing, which means this episode is gonna suck.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Damn..... anyone else think Paige was about to kill herself in the garage there with the rope.

That freaked me out, then immediately followed by the Tuan plan for Pasha to slit his wrists.

I was seriously freaking out.

Jimmie Dimmick
I thought so too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.