****** The Americans Season 5 ******

38,524 Views | 319 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
et98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's great. Every season is as good or better than the one before it. You won't be disappointed.
Serious Lee
cbr said:

Thinking about starting this show. Consensus here good? No? Love to know your thoughts
i watched the first season and the first 3-4 eps of the second. i thought the first season was really good but the second was pretty slow. i probly gave up a little too soon. sounds like i should have plugged through
beanbean
cbr said:

Thinking about starting this show. Consensus here good? No? Love to know your thoughts
Yes, watch it. This has always been a solid, very underrated show. Plus, you watch it now and you'll be able to get some closure in a couple of months when the 6th and final season comes out.

I just looked it up to see when the premiere date is and they still haven't set one. However, for all of the rest of you that are up to date with this show, the article says that the 6th season will jump ahead in time to take place 3 years after the season 5 finale. Very interesting. Can't wait.
expresswrittenconsent
Which is what, 85 or 86 ish?
Hasnt it been set in 82 or 83? Or was the Reagan assassination attempt from 81 referenced in an early season?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Season 5 was Feb-Aug of 1984. Events used to date this were the winter olympics at the start and the reagan joke about the bombing begins in 5 minutes near the end.

So 3 years later would be 1987.

ChipFTAC01
AG
brucoh said:

Really wish they would've thrown us a bone in the season finale with something at least a little exciting at the end. It sucks having to wait another 10 months to continue this story. No skin off the backs the backs for the people who will binge watch this show in the future, but it sucks for us who watch it in real time.

Posting from 3 years into the future, yep, we just fired up episode 6-1.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.