*** DEADPOOL 2 ***

79,571 Views | 526 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jokershady
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved the movie. Can't wait to watch it again.
bearamedic99
AG
Whos Juan said:

The hiding X-Men cameo was amazing

any idea if those were the usual actors or stand-ins?
Post removed:
by user
bearamedic99
AG
PDEMDHC said:

HeadGames said:

The surprise cameo was the invisible guy. If you blinked, you missed who it was. Brad Pitt

Don't forget the two rednecks. Matt Damon and Alan Tudyk

I recognized the last redneck but not the first.

in the final battle royale at the Essex House, I seem to recall the Blackbird landing after Colossus and Negasonic but never saw more X-men. Am I confusing the order of events or did anyone catch that as well?
bearamedic99
AG
third coast.. said:

Who all was in that scene. I only recognized one person real fast

definitely Beast and Prof X but I believe I also saw the visor of Cyke
Post removed:
by user
The Debt
****idk why my spoiler tags aren't working, do not read if you haven't seen the film yet*****

****last warning *****

[sp]The 4 in the taxicab: deadpool, cable, domino and dopender. They start talking to flamehands/juggernaught, they start fighting, cable gets thrown around. Then the blackbird comes. Three emerge, collosus, nega, and japscissorgurl[/sp]
GiveEmHellBill said:

Oh, for ****'s sake........Shatterstar???? Why??!??

Okay, Rob Liefeld did a couple of good things. Deadpool, for instance. He also was a terrible artist who created some of the worst examples of that terrible 90's era of comics.

Sh*t like Shatterstar.

Just look at this picture. Look at it.

He has a ponytail coming out of what looks to be the top of his head.......................and he has two (TWO!) additional ponytaiils. This bizarre creation with hair from a Japanese anime has THREE ponytails. WTF? And their position for a character in mid-leap don't make sense.

Every one of Liefeld's drawings has one of two facial expressions: grimace or yelling. And for no reason. Everyone either is in a fierce grimace or yelling inexplicably.

Also, every character Liefeld has created has a sh*t ton of pouches. Pouches everywhere. And everyone is absolutely ripped.

And lastly: the sword. It has no tip. Most importantly.......Liefeld doesn't know how to draw someone holding anything. How is Shatterstar holding this sword? Has anyone ever held a sword in this fashion?

My God, Liefeld sucks. I cannot believe I will still be going to see a movie with f-ing Shatterstar in it.

This movie was awesome, and this post is so much better after having seen the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Best post credit scenes ever.

One thing which bugged me:

After Wade blows himself up we see his decapitated head flying around. If he regrew back his entire body, why is it still covered in burns?
Jason Ag
AG
Jason Ag
AG
Spolier tag test.

Ok it worked, didn't work when I quoted you. Probably user error, I frantically deleted my post.

Maybe its part of his DNA now?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Colons mess up spoiler tags.
Jason Ag
AG
I see that in Debt's post. Not sure what I did, my post wasn't really worth this. Oh well. Thanks for the advice.
rhutton125
AG
Thought it was aight. More fun than funny. I didn't laugh very hard, but then again, not the biggest Deadpool fan out there. Enjoyed it though.
Max Power
AG
Saw it earlier today, so much fun.

-Another awesome soundtrack
-Brolin was great as Cable
-Fight scenes went up a level
-The X-Force skydiving scene was outstanding
-Glad I stayed off the internet as much as possible Juggernaut was a fun villain, was glad to see him done so well
-Much more Deadpool to come, I think Brolin signed a 3 or 4 picture deal to play Cable
-Stay for the post credits scenes
Post removed:
by user
Brock Sampson
AG
The background music when they are fighting at the end was hilarious.

Really fun movie. Cable was awesome. Can't wait to see what's next.
Brock Sampson
AG
jokershady said:

But seriously....obey the damn rules

Rules are meant to be broken!

- Deadpool
Deputy Travis Junior
During the opening credits, I loved the "Directed by: the guy who killed the dog in John Wick" right after Morena Baccarin's character dies.
Max Power
AG
I think I saw the name Essex on the orphanage. I think the X-Men films have to be circling Mr. Sinister real soon. Essex showed up more than once in this universe and evidently Sinister was the original villain for The New Mutants with Jon Hamm being targeted. Whether it's X-Men, The New Mutants, or Deadpool one of them at some point is going to put Mr. Sinister on screen.
rhutton125
AG
Indeed - just in time for them to pull the plug on the franchise. I hope they do him justice, because he's a great character. And if they can't, save him for Disney.
Brick Tamland
I teach 4th grade, and about 3/4 of them saw the first one in theater.

Thumbs down is for their parents, not you
Sex Panther
AG
Really enjoyed it, although it got to be a little exhausting. But all in all, another awesome and fun turn from the Merc with the Mouth. It's almost shocking how well Reynolds and company have nailed the character of Deadpool, which wasn't something I was sure could translate to the screen... But turns out it works really well, especially since he's basically a satire of the super hero genre. And with maximum super hero exposure right now, it's a welcome and almost needed spoof.

The X-Force skydive was easily the highlight. That's the hardest I've heard a theater laugh in a long time. Also every time he and the Japanese girl said hi and bye to each other, I cracked up.

and The X-Men hiding from him was absolutely great
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$125M opening weekend. Opened lower than DP1's $132M. (With twice the budget.)

Obviously had to compete with Avengers, but not the best sign for the franchise.
The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Obviously had to compete with Avengers, but not the best sign for the franchise.

What's coming out next weekend (memorial day weekend)?

That may have been a better choice
AliasMan02
AG
The Debt said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What's coming out next weekend (memorial day weekend)?

That may have been a better choice

Solo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think it was a huge mistake putting it in May right between Avengers and Solo. It should've stuck with Valentine's Day like the first one. Granted, in hindsight, nobody knew Black Panther would be THAT huge.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

but not the best sign for the franchise.

I think Ryan Reynolds said this was going to be the last standalone DP movie anyway.
JD Shellnut
AG
Just finished watching it. I definitely laughed and was entertained, but I liked the first one much better.
AliasMan02
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think Ryan Reynolds said this was going to be the last standalone DP movie anyway.

XForce is the next slated flick, I believe.
Sex Panther
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

XForce is the next slated flick, I believe.

/whispers "X-Force"
AgLaw
AG
Saw it this morning. So awesome.

Scoutmaster Kevin had me rolling even before the opening credits.
Urban Ag
AG
Saw it this afternoon with my older son.

Probably in the minority here but I'll go as far as to say it's one of the best times at the movies I have had since Rogue One. Easily my favorite of the year so far. And I admit while I thought IW was amazing, I had a better time watching this. Maybe I was just in the mood for it but I thought it was fantastic start to finish and surprisingly touching (in a non Ryan Reynolds/Cable/DP let's kill the child pervs kind of way)

Outstanding. Really, really, gross at times, but outstanding.
bearamedic99
AG
Urban Ag said:

Saw it this afternoon with my older son.

Probably in the minority here but I'll go as far as to say it's one of the best times at the movies I have had since Rogue One. Easily my favorite of the year so far. And I admit while I thought IW was amazing, I had a better time watching this. Maybe I was just in the mood for it but I thought it was fantastic start to finish and surprisingly touching (in a non Ryan Reynolds/Cable/DP let's kill the child pervs kind of way)

Outstanding. Really, really, gross at times, but outstanding.

cool to hear. My wife and I thought they tried too hard in this movie and it was not as good as the first. I think Zazie Beetz stole every scene and TJ Miller dragged down any scene.
AliasMan02
AG
Saw it again today. The single greatest thing was them keeping the surprise guest a secret. The marketing have away absolutely zero plot of any substance beyond "Deadpool is trying to save this kid from Cable."

Hard to pick a favorite between this and the first. The first was so surprising and new, but other than that I think the sequel delivered equally as well on every level. It wasn't a retread and it grew the characters in meaningful ways. That's tough to do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.